• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Teclast T30 [T1Px] -> suitable GSI ROMs

Search This thread

rbt07

Aug 28, 2012
Bratislava
androidforum.cz
Thanks for your feedback 😀 If you want root , just flash phh su and you will have root access.
What version of TWRP do you use?
How exactly should I install that?

For me the installation file "phh's-superuser-ab.zip" ends with an error. Then the Then System can no longer be restarted. The tablet always boots to TWRP. This can be fixed by installing the original 1.04 recovery. Then I will reinstall TWRP recovery.

Last edited:

graziano68

Mar 10, 2015
Rome
Please anyone could do a resume and easy to apply "how to" to have Android 11 ROM in Teclast T30 ?
TWRP still does not work with touch ? If no, how to connect a mouse ?

rbt07

Aug 28, 2012
Bratislava
androidforum.cz
Please anyone could do a resume and easy to apply "how to" to have Android 11 ROM in Teclast T30 ?
Touch in TWRP does not work, but you can use mouse to control it.
I recoment you to try Nusantara 2.6 ROM, it is Android 11 ROM with GAPPS, it fits to our 3GB System partition. Work very well. I am using it last 2 weeks.

How to install?
If you have TWRP in your tablet aplready, just do factory reset and then install ROM to System partition.
If you havent TWRP, follow HavocOS installation instructions video (link in 1st post), or use my alternativelly setup instructions from 2nd post.

If you will need help, ask here.

Reactions: graziano68

graziano68

Mar 10, 2015
Rome
I recoment you to try Nusantara 2.6 ROM, it is Android 11 ROM with GAPPS, it fits to our 3GB System partition. Work very well. I am using it last 2 weeks.

How to install?
If you have TWRP in your tablet aplready, just do factory reset and then install ROM to System partition.
If you havent TWRP, follow HavocOS installation instructions video (link in 1st post), or use my alternativelly setup instructions from 2nd post.

I will follow the 2nd post, only one question do I need to do this too " Install Hybrid ROM 1.2a" ? Or Can I Install Nusantara 2.6 ROM instead of Hybrid

rbt07

Aug 28, 2012
Bratislava
androidforum.cz
I will follow the 2nd post, only one question do I need to do this too " Install Hybrid ROM 1.2a" ? Or Can I Install Nusantara 2.6 ROM instead of Hybrid
Instrustions in 2nd post are for those, who do not have TWRP in tablet already. Hybrid ROM 1.2a includes TWRP.
If you have TWRP in tabled do only factory reset in actual ROM and then install Nusantara 2.6 ROM.

graziano68

Mar 10, 2015
Rome
thank you , I do not have TWRP in teclast T30 , I'm following this

a) Unlock Bootloader
- To make the item "For developers" available on the tablet, in Settings / System / Advanced / Tablet information you need to click on the Build number 8 times

OK

- A new "Developer menu" item will now appear in Settings / System / Advanced, turn on the "unblock OEM" item here

OK

- In the task manager on the PC, check that there is an ADB device

OK and I installed mediatek too.

- Turn off the tablet

OK

- Hold down the Vol+ and Power buttons together, until the tablet starts

OK

- Then use the Vol+ key to select the second Fastboot item and press the Vol- key to select it

OK

- Connect the tablet to the PC via USB, in the PC to hear the sound of the connection

I fail at this step . The table does not connect in no way . I tried to use
USB 2.0, USB3.1 , nothing, no way to connect . I can see the tablet if I start Android (not in Fastboot mode)

Any idea ? Thank you

I have Windows 11

rbt07

Aug 28, 2012
Bratislava
androidforum.cz
ok I was able to flash using platform-tools_r30.0.5-windows.zip
Give here link to download or give it to attachment please. I will give it to 2nd post.

In the 2nd post si written: in any problems with PC and tablet communication (with platform tools or Flashtool), install the drivers "MTK_USB_All_v1.0.8.zip" from attachment. Did you try this version?

Edit, I found it...

Attachments

• platform-tools_r30.0.5-windows.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: graziano68

graziano68

Mar 10, 2015
Rome
after 4 days I can say that it works great , it's fast .

Only negative point for me, I do not like default theme which has those icons so small, but I am searching
first of all a fast tablet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Project Treble - https://forum.xda-developers.com/c/project-treble.7259/
    The Android 8.0 release includes Project Treble, a major re-architect of the Android OS framework designed to make it easier, faster, and less costly for manufacturers to update devices to a new version of Android. Treble is for all new devices launching with Android 8.0 and beyond.
    Project Treble results in GSI ROMs.

There are quite a few GSI ROMs available, but not all of them are suitable for T30 tablet.
    I started this thread to summarize my experience with using different GSI ROMs.

The prerequisite for installing GSI ROM is an unlocked Bootloader.

Description of GSI ROM versions installation file names:

<ARCH>_xyZ

<ARCH> can either be arm, a64 (arm32_binder64) or arm64
    x can either be a or b
    y can either be v, o, g or f
    Z can be N or S

b = a/b
    a = a-only

g = gapps
    o = gapps-go
    v = vanilla (no gapps included)
    f = floss (free & open source apps instead gapps)

N = no superuser
    S = superuser included

The most suitable GSI ROM for T30:
    T30 requires A/B ROM instalation file type and Android 10.
    Suitable are files with key "arm64-bgN" or "arm64-bgS" in filename. "g" if you want use GAPPS.
    b = a/b
    g = gapps
    N = no superuser
    S = superuser included

HavocOS
    -> Installation video guide + download all necessary files
    -> tested file: Havoc-OS-v3.8-20200821-Official-GApps-arm64-ab.img.xz
    -> in TWRP install "RebootFix.zip" to aviid random restarts from attachment.

LeOS - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/aosp-11-0-2020-11-27-leos-ungoogled-gsi.4195571/
    -> installation, see bellow
    -> Download tested file: 20201218-RW-bvN.img.xz

Family of TrebleGSI ROMs:
    CAOS - Custom AOSP OS
    -> Download, tested file: caos-v300j-201213-arm64-bgN.img.xz

LOSQ - LineageOS 17
    -> Download, tested file: losq-v224-201017-arm64-bgN.img.xz

cRDrom - crDroid 6.11
    -> Download, tested file: crdrom-v224-201019-arm64-bgN.img.xz

qiDroid - BootleggersROM 5.2
    -> Download, tested file: qidroid-v224-201021-arm64-bgN.img.xz

Bless - BlissROM 12.12
    -> Download, tested file: bless-v224-201015-arm64-bgN.img.xz

Nusantara 2.6 - Nusantara ROM
    -> Download1, Download2 , tested file: Nusantara_v2.6-11-arm64-ab-GApps.img.xz
    This is Android 11 ROM which fits to our System partition (file zsize is 2.7GB ONLY)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to install GSI ROMs on Teclast T30:
    a) use this HavocOS Installation video guide, but use specific GSI ROM System file
    b) use instructions from 2nd post

GSI ROMs are not perfect, they have bugs, and on the T30 tablet I noticed the following two:
    - The battery charging animation does not work (charging works OK) when the tablet is switched off
    - watching youtube videos in Chrome browser sometimes ends with a system restart (youtube application and embeded internet browser usually works OK)

I have tried all the above GSI ROMs and I was most satisfied with HavocOS and LOSQ.
    I continue to use LOSQ, because it has the fewest errors and supports the NTFS filesystem on the inserted SD card.
    If you want to try GSI ROM on your Teclast T30, choose LOSQ / HavocOS as the first choice.

I would be happy if here will start a discussion about GSI ROMs suitable for Teslast T30.

in any problems with PC and tablet communication (with platform tools or Flashtool), install the drivers "MTK_USB_All_v1.0.8.zip" or "platform-tools_r30.0.5-windows.zip" from attachment in the 2nd post
    I added Nusantara 2.6 ROM to 1st post, because it is very good ROM and...
    Probably the only Android 11 ROM with GAPPS will easily fit on our System partition.
    And if you boot into twrp again and again after restoring a backup , then just flash the stock recovery image and then try to boot your t30.it will take you the system recovery from where you could restart your device and it will take you to system.then you can reflash twrp using sp flash tool.

Next time I'll try to do it as you wrote. Well thank you.

I note that there are no problems with Android 10-based ROM.

How to install?

ok I was able to flash using platform-tools_r30.0.5-windows.zip
    Give here link to download or give it to attachment please. I will give it to 2nd post.

In the 2nd post si written: in any problems with PC and tablet communication (with platform tools or Flashtool), install the drivers "MTK_USB_All_v1.0.8.zip" from attachment. Did you try this version?

Edit, I found it...