Teclast T40 Plus Root

Search This thread

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
First you need to unlock the bootloader. You need to be patient when you are flashing the unlock, my device took some 10 mins to complete, but in the end it succeeded (on the 2nd try, mind you.)
Here is a guide for unlocking in windows, though it is in russian (Im attaching the required modified fastboot in case you cannot download it from 4pda).

When you're done unlocking the bootloader, you've already done the hard part.
Next, download your preferred GSI image from Google, from phhusson's, or whatever else you find (Pixel Experience for eg.). Mind you, that the image from Google contains the Android 12L version.

Next you will flash your active system partition with the GSI image. To do that, initate ADB connection to your tablet, then enter fastbootd, by issuing the command:
fastboot reboot fastboot
you can check your active system slot by:
fastboot getvar all (but it will be slot "a" unless you have received an OTA update previously)
you need to free up some space by deleting the logical partition product otherwise you wont be able to flash your gsi:
fastboot delete-logical-partition product_a
(in case your active slot is "a")
then you can move forward to actually flashing your GSI:
fastboot flash system_a whateverisyourimagefilename.img

Lastly, you will need to wipe userdata, which can be done on the tablet by switching to recovery from fastbootd, and then selecting wipe userdata, or maybe the fastboot -w command does the same.

Reboot, and enjoy your GSI.

I'm using the Google 12L GSI, and it is perfectly stable for daily usage. For bluetooth audio to work, you will have to disable bluetooth a2dp hardware offload in developer options.

thanks for the guide, I've unlocked my bootloader. would there be a way to go back to stock IF we wanted?

HisokaRyodan

Nov 10, 2011
Does anyone have a link to the original firmware for the T40Pro? I did all the steps but in doing all of this I flashed the newer image from the site: V1.02_20220109 and the vbmeta file provided I believe is for V1.01_20211015

However that older download is not available. Would it be possible for someone to help me sign the newer vbmeta if you dont have the firmware floating around? I would greatly appreciate it!

HisokaRyodan

Nov 10, 2011
Acttually I stand corrected... It looks like all of the images work but the files HAVE to be named boot.img and vbmeta.img in order to run in ReasearchDownload.. So out of curiosity, has anyone tried this on the M1A2? I have the 10.1" version of the T40Pro and when I flash the 1.2 files, but with the vbmeta, the touch screen doesn't work when it boots up. I can't verify root or anything cause I can't get past the setup menus.

joshob1987

Jul 21, 2014
I uploaded a patched signed magisk boot file and custom signed vbmeta for anybody that want to root the Teclast T40 Pro.

This is the way I did it.
You have to go to bootloader mode
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
Then you go to fastbootd mode
Code:
fastboot reboot fastboot

Then you flash the vbmeta file

Code:
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta-sign-custom.img

Then you reboot it
Code:
fastboot reboot

Then I went back to the bootloader when the tablet turned on.
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Then I went back to fastboot mode
Code:
fastboot reboot fastboot

Then I flash the magisk patched boot image

Code:
fastboot flash boot "magisk_patched-24300_LYIrs boot.img"

Then you reboot it again.
Code:
fastboot reboot
Has anyone else been able to root the Teclast T40 Pro using these instructions and files? I tried this method but I always get a boot loop after flashing the magisk patched boot image. I have also tried flashing a boot image patched with the Canary build of magisk because it was suggested it's necessary to use it for Android 11 devices but I get the same boot loop that ends with me reflashing the stock firmware via RDT. I think it is because the custom signed vbmeta is for a prior model and mine is the T1A3 model. I need a custom signed vbmeta for my firmware at this link

to go with the magisk patched boot image from the same firmware but the tutorial on Hovatek to custom sign the vbmeta-sign.img from the stock firmware looks like a complicated pain the ass without a Linux PC, can anybody help me out? Unlocking the bootloader was easy but trying to finish the rooting process has been a nightmare.

xdadev_user11

Jul 22, 2012
Has anyone else been able to root the Teclast T40 Pro using these instructions and files? I tried this method but I always get a boot loop after flashing the magisk patched boot image. I have also tried flashing a boot image patched with the Canary build of magisk because it was suggested it's necessary to use it for Android 11 devices but I get the same boot loop that ends with me reflashing the stock firmware via RDT. I think it is because the custom signed vbmeta is for a prior model and mine is the T1A3 model. I need a custom signed vbmeta for my firmware at this link

to go with the magisk patched boot image from the same firmware but the tutorial on Hovatek to custom sign the vbmeta-sign.img from the stock firmware looks like a complicated pain the ass without a Linux PC, can anybody help me out? Unlocking the bootloader was easy but trying to finish the rooting process has been a nightmare.
Try this zip file, be sure to boot to fastbootd mode to flash the custom signed vbmeta file first and then the patched signed magisk file

Attachments

• Teclast T40 Pro Root.zip
    16.6 MB · Views: 8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi NightLord, can you explain easily the root steps for this device? do we need the software that we see in the video at the beginning or is ADB enough?
    Hey,

You need to use the spreadtrum research download tool (RDT), not the one seen in tthe video in the first post.
    See this guide on how to use the RDT.
    The basic concept is that you need to download the official firmware from the teclast homepage, load it into RDT, uncheck all partitions (save for those that are compulsory and cannot be unchecked), select only boot and vbmeta partitions, and as images to be flashed you need to browse the ones found in the archive I posted, instead of those found in the original firmware package.
    Begin flashing, your device will perform a hard reset, and then you should boot into rooted firmware.
    I uploaded a patched signed magisk boot file and custom signed vbmeta for anybody that want to root the Teclast T40 Pro.

This is the way I did it.
    You have to go to bootloader mode
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    Then you go to fastbootd mode
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot

Then you flash the vbmeta file

Code:
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta-sign-custom.img

Then you reboot it
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

Then I went back to the bootloader when the tablet turned on.
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Then I went back to fastboot mode
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot

Then I flash the magisk patched boot image

Code:
    fastboot flash boot "magisk_patched-24300_LYIrs boot.img"

Then you reboot it again.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    Flashing the boot and vbmeta partitions with the images attached to my previous post will grant you root on the stock t40 plus firmware.
    I myself moved on to using android 12 gsi images.