• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

Teclast X98 Air 3G Tablet: 9.7" 2048x1536 px - Z3736F - 3G - Android/Windows 8.1

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
TecKnight's Teclast Tutorials series - Home post

TTT TecKnight's Teclast Tutorials series

Home Post -- Current Tutorial List
Install the latest Intel adb drivers for your Teclast X98 Air device
Update the BIOS on your X98 Air II/3G to the latest dual boot version (2.02)
Fix X98 Air Device's Touchscreen functionality in Android
Install and Configure the Intel Manufacturing Flash Tool on a Windows Host PC
Flash a custom Android image (ROM) to your X98 Air device

Reference: Teclast X98 Air 3G 64GB dual-boot default partition map
Add Boot to Windows functionality to your X98 Air device running Mirek's V4 ROM
View custom Android ROMs available for your device/model

Coming Soon

Increase your available Windows disk space by up to 64GB w/o partitioning
Acquire android root and configure SU on your X98 Air device
Install Boot to Windows icon in Android on your X98 Air device
Install Boot to Android icon in Windows on your X98 Air device

Last edited:

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
I don't see these lines in Mirek v4, and ... "Boot to Windows" boots to Android :D

I like the new boot animation :good:
Yes, it appears that the Android Boot to Windows app OsSwitch.apk is only supported under Lollipop with those init mods

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

@tecknight can you made a new thread because what you are doing will just get buried very fast.

Its a great Idea just a real pity for it to get covered up in a few days time
It's permalinked in my signature now, if you click on the TTT at the bottom

edmaronline

Mar 8, 2008
Hi friends. I have the 32GB model. I had installed before the Mirek ROM 190 V3.1. Very nice. Then I installed the Mirek's Lollipop ROM. Amazing rom. Very fast and beautiful. But for me there is a little problem: it's not stable here. I had several resets. So I am going bak to Kit Kat ROM. DO you guys recomend any rom?
Thanks for the help!

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Hi friends. I have the 32GB model. I had installed before the Mirek ROM 190 V3.1. Very nice. Then I installed the Mirek's Lollipop ROM. Amazing rom. Very fast and beautiful. But for me there is a little problem: it's not stable here. I had several resets. So I am going bak to Kit Kat ROM. DO you guys recomend any rom?
Thanks for the help!
edmaronline,
You say you have had several resets. Was there any pattern to what you were doing when it reset ? Do you think the processor was hot ?
I only ask you because I have found mireks lollipop v3 to be very stable.
If you want to go back to Kit Kat, the ROM of choice is mirek's v4, released only yesterday.
It is available here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=61720457#post61720457

Last edited:
Reactions: edmaronline

kroken123

Jun 20, 2015
Using mireks v3 lollipop on my air 3g, someway my three soft keys are misaligned in portrait mode, slightly to the left.. Landscape are correct though, any idea?

edmaronline

Mar 8, 2008
edmaronline,
You say you have had several resets. Was there any pattern to what you were doing when it reset ? Do you think the processor was hot ?
I only ask you because I have found mireks lollipop v3 to be very stable.
If you want to go back to Kit Kat, the ROM of choice is mirek's v4, released only yesterday.
It is available here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=61720457#post61720457
Hi my friend.
First, thanks for your help. The freezes and restarts that I had were ramdon. Twice watching videos on Youtube. Another time browsing Internet. Another browsing PlayStore... The tablet were very cold. Very strange for me. I came from a Dual boot model. I flashed the Android system only to have all the partition to Android. I was using Mirek ROM v3.1 and it as very good. No freeze or restart. No I will try V4. But I love the Lollipop version. Maybe later now.
Thanks again!

come2learn

Jun 20, 2011
Help to change icon with chinese language

Hi all !
I have bought a C5J6 Teclast X98 air. I made a full root for my tablet an removed all Chinese software but I couldn’t change only one icon on Calendar app (see my screenshot, at the red ellipse).

Can enybody help me to change this icon into English. Thanks very much !

Attachments

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Got my tab yesterday. Its 64gb x98 Air3G (c5j6). Any comments about rooting this by vroot

Sent from my X98 Air 3G(C5J6) using XDA Free mobile app
parthabhatta,
If you are looking to root the stock ROM on your device then the easiest method is to use the X98 Toolbox available here:
http://techtablets.com/download/tec...drivers_and_utilities_/X98 Air 3G Toolbox.rar
It runs on a host PC and requires the X98 to be connected via USB. It has several other useful functions as well.

Last edited:

pbaumi

May 4, 2010
Hi Jredmar,
I also received my HG9N yesterday. I first flashed Remix OS, but it didn't work on my tablet. (play store and other errors).
My next try was Mirek Rom v4 (look at page980: ). Rock solid and a nice UI.

The only question I wanted to ask for myself: which BIOS version, if you DO NOT use dual boot? I'll go for dual boot, as soon as Win10 is fully working. But until then, I'll stick to android.

mirek190

Dec 6, 2009
Hi my friend.
First, thanks for your help. The freezes and restarts that I had were ramdon. Twice watching videos on Youtube. Another time browsing Internet. Another browsing PlayStore... The tablet were very cold. Very strange for me. I came from a Dual boot model. I flashed the Android system only to have all the partition to Android. I was using Mirek ROM v3.1 and it as very good. No freeze or restart. No I will try V4. But I love the Lollipop version. Maybe later now.
Thanks again!
That's restarts are possible because of memory leak in 5.0 - in next version will be repaired.

Jredmar

Jul 7, 2015
Hi Jredmar,
I also received my HG9N yesterday. I first flashed Remix OS, but it didn't work on my tablet. (play store and other errors).
My next try was Mirek Rom v4 (look at page980: ). Rock solid and a nice UI.

The only question I wanted to ask for myself: which BIOS version, if you DO NOT use dual boot? I'll go for dual boot, as soon as Win10 is fully working. But until then, I'll stick to android.
I do not use dual boot . I do not use Windows. Android only .

I leave a picture of my system as we have factory.

Enviado desde mi Elephone P7000 mediante Tapatalk

valerima

Aug 4, 2009
vilnius
Dziekuje, p. Mirku,

mirek190_rom_v4 - android 4.4.4

Teclast air x98 3g ( c5jx, c6jx, c8jx , c9Jx, air2 )​

* ability to flash only system ( data and partitions are not touched ) or full flash.
* system partition 1 GB instead of 1.5 GB -default but you can change it.
* cache 100 MB instead of 1024 MB - is completely enough I tested but you can change it.
* data partition 27 GB instead of 25 GB ( 32 GB variant ) - I added other partition tables for data like 1 , 2, 3, 4, 5 ,6 ,7 ,8 ,9 , 10,15,20,30,40 GB , only android , only windows or default.
* fully rooted
* removed all Chinese programs
* busy box
* init.d
* zip alignment
* deodexed
* changed navigation buttons to looks better
* resided navigation bar
* removed vol buttons and screenshot button from navigation bar - screenshot you can make pressing vol - and power at the same time.
* bold fonts on system bar - fonts looks better
* lower min brightens
* microphone gain fix
* clock on the middle of the status bar
* changes in Buildprop for performance.
* optimizations in Framework
* added. Google services, Google play, YouTube , etc
* adblock ( need root )
* new MxPlayer with codecs that are able to run everything.
* resolution changer ( need root )
* ViPER4Android FX - need root now sound is really good and noisy [emoji14]
* default adb and developer options are on after flash
* Stock browser no searching on Chinese websites anymore !
* Apex launcher
* Xposed and addon Gravity Box - you can customise battery , power menu , etc
* Gpu-fix - a little underclock ( 590 mhz ) to prevent freezes - you can easily change it in ( /system/etc/init.d/gpu-fix ) or remove it to get full speed.
* read and write fix for memory card
* no more throlling message anymore .
* optimizations for :

• internet speed tweaks
  • GSM/3g tweaks ( for 3g air only )
  • WiFi tweaks
  • vm management tweaks
  • kernel tweaks
  • tweaks in kernel ramdisk
  • battery tweaks
  • optimisations, tweaks for ETX4 partitions
  • governor and I/O tweaks
  • tweaks for memory ( RAM ) and lowmemorykiller - heavy multitasking works nice !
  • and more I don't remember

IMPORTANT​
I recommend ( MUST ) wipe data because I changed a lots of things in virtual machine and not all optilimaziations will be work ( no all apps will be visible ) propely until you make data format.
I created xml file called flash-system_only_WIPE_DATA.xmll for it !

Ps. I added new method of flashing via adb or fastboot ( partitioning not working jet in this method ) now you have 2 ways of flashing :

- plug device via USB ( in android or droidboot ) and run proper script.
- or use MFT - intell manufacturing tool .

------------------------------- ROM -------------------------------

v4.0 - C5Jx, C6Jx, C8Jx, C9Jx, Air2 - Google drive

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...V5b3luNXBjZlcwUzZTUHlIaGtBalJOWHBaZEdMcTYtUTA

v4.0 - C5Jx, C6Jx, C8Jx, C9Jx, Air2 - Mega

https://mega.co.nz/#F!U0QEla6L!bwmNtVsg8sOlK5kgi0t5qA

I want to thank also for any donations you giving me from time to time !!!

- ENJOY -
ROM 4.4 is rock solid, both cameras are working great. I have flashed via Manufacturing tool and did nothing for bios and windows. Everything was working great so far.
Previous Lollipop version v3 was nice, but cameras did not work there. Viping helped to me jump from Lollipop to v. 4.4. Hopefully will stay on it.
Podziekowania z Wilna.
BR
valerima, version c9j6

Last edited:

migio10

Jul 6, 2015
TTT TecKnight's Teclast Tutorials series

Update the BIOS on your X98 Air II/3G to the latest dual boot version (2.02)

Frequently asked questions:
What are the advantages/reasons for updating my BIOS to version 2.02
1. BIOS 2.02 fixes a major power drain issue in Windows sleep mode, slashing the power consumption by 80% when in sleep mode under Windows.
2. BIOS 2.02 enables Boot to other OS functionality from both Windows and Android. This allows you to simply click a Boot to Windows or Boot to Android icon to cause the device to immediately reboot and then launch the other OS.
3. Other minor fixes included in 2.02 update.

Which models of X98 Air II/3G is BIOS version 2.02 compatible with ?
BIOS 2.02 is designed to be compatible with all variants of the X98 Air II/3G.
At the time this instruction was published, 2.02 had been reported successfully flashed to virtually all Air models.
It is not known to be incompatible with any models.

Determine your current BIOS version (coming soon)

IMPORTANT !! READ FIRST !!
Before you attempt this procedure:
1. There is ALWAYS a chance something might go wrong when flashing a BIOS image, even when the image is correct for your device.
When BIOS flashing goes awry, it can result in a "brick", meaning the tablet reponds like a brick. A bricked device will not power up or display anything. It is basically out of commission.
The only way to recover from a brick is to open your case and use a CH341A BIOS flasher like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-25-Serie...H341A-Module-W-Software-Driver-/161436716985?
These instructions attempt to minimize your risk by using the update method with the highest success rate, which is using adb and android to flash the BIOS.
Indeed, reports of bricked tablets when using this flashing method are very rare.
Only you can decide if the benefits from updating to 2.02 are worth the risks. By continuing with this procedure, you are assuming all risk for what might happen to your tablet.
2. The BIOS image as shipped from the factory contains an embedded unique Windows 8.1 software license key.
It is highly recommended that you obtain your Windows 8.1 software license key before you flash BIOS 2.02, as the flashing process will remove your key from the BIOS image.
I recommend downloading and running Belarc Advisor on your tablet under Windows to obtain your Windows license key..
Download it here: http://www.belarc.com/Programs/advisorinstaller.exe
Generate a report and view the details.
You should see your Windows 8.1 software license key. Save it somewhere that is NOT on the tablet.
Use the key if you need to reinstall Windows 8.1 on the tablet for some reason.

Procedure: Update BIOS to 2.02 Dual Boot
Required:
1. Windows Host PC with adb drivers installed.
2. Teclast X98 Air device
3. USB A to Micro USB cable
4. BIOS 2.02 adb FLASHER archive (thanks to Mirek190 for creating this archive !!)
Download 2.02 BIOS Flasher

Step by Step instructions:
1. Extract FLASHER archive to a folder on your Windows Host PC.
2. Ensure that your tablet has at least 50% battery charge.
3. Boot your tablet into Android.
4. Enable USB debugging in Android if not already enabled.
5. Connect your tablet to your Windows Host PC using the USB A to Micro USB cable.
6. On Host PC, launch Windows task manager. Kill any running adb or adbd processes.
7. On Host PC, browse to the folder where you extracted the FLASHER archive.
8. Double click on the file FLASH.BAT. It should have a GEAR icon next to it.
You should see:
Code:
*        Tool to flash BIOS                   *
*               created                       *
*              2015.4.23                      *

IMPORTANT !
- Your device must be charged at least to 50  !!
- Your device must be connected to PC via USB
- android - settings - dev opts - check USB debug !

If above is ready - press any key
9. Press a key to proceed. You will see:
Code:
  1  Flash System with partitioning
  2  Flashing BIOS

choce[1-2]Enter:
10. Type 2 + ENTER
11. Wait for the BIOS flashing script to indicate flashing is complete.
12. Hold the power button until your tablet powers off. Disconnect tablet from PC.
13. Wait 30 seconds and power tablet back up while holding Vol+.
14. Select your OS and you are done

This is instruction #1 of many to come
You are on BIOS version 1.07.
Maybe I should add "How to check your BIOS version" ?

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Basically, YES.
The FLASH.BAT script uses adb to connect to an Android shell and uses IFWI to update the BIOS.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Ditto here.
I can't wait for Lollipop V4 !!
But is not it easier to process on Android with app UpdateIFWI.apk? or not?

Pooria1377130

Jul 7, 2015
question

interview
Hello
Do not bother
I recently bought my 3g 64gig c5j6 Air x98 tablet.
Now, the best and the most excellent update provided, which is it?
It's a problem I have is with the dialing code mmi, and error will have problems.
I am in Iran.
Please complete guidance.
Thanks

sahor

Feb 17, 2014
Could anyone help me. I have just received my tablet HG9M Air 2 64gb from Bangood and When I click power on button only shows this message and don't run. (of course I have sent an email to the shop asking for the issue)
Thanks
uploadfromtaptalk1436262844396.jpg
EDIT: the same happens when connect the tablet for charging
Enviado desde mi A0001 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited: