Telephone Call Recording Survey

Have you successfully and clearly recorded a two way conversation on your phone?

• Total voters
Search This thread

vijay555

Retired Moderator
Jun 4, 2005
Witch Space
www.vijay555.com
Guys,

I'm sure we're all reading numerous posts by members who have managed to record two way conversations on varieties of hardware using various apps and by rubbing garlic on their dog's testicles during a full moon.

If you have successfully recorded a two way conversation (ie your voice, and the other person's voice), please indicate on the poll, or more importantly, indicate which phone you were using, with which software.

I would say that being able to record because you have a particularly loud speaker is NOT a positive result. But if you think it works very well, it would help to know what tricks you pulled to achieve this.

So having both participants on speakerphone, or just talking particularly loudly and the microphone is picking up overflow sound is NOT a positive result. But if you think it counts and is very clear, please indicate.

I hope this is for everyone's benefit :wink:

EDIT: please read this article from PocketPCMag for info on the various software available.

V

jpiek

Nov 30, 2003
So haveing the other side over a BT handsfree (Supertooth) and thus recording both me and my partner in conversation does count ;)

vijay555

Retired Moderator
Jun 4, 2005
Witch Space
www.vijay555.com
jpiek: Aaah, you got through the small print. You win the prize! Drinks on you :)

No: But I'd be interested to know if anyone's successfully recorded both sides on a non speakerphone headset. If you're using any bluetooth option, please specify any special stack and hardware.

V

jpiek

Nov 30, 2003
Sorry, can't help you here...

Some brainspatters overhere:

Why is audio allways such a problem ? If an option works for the PPC part, it doesn't for the Phone and vice versa (Tomtom over BT IE)...

I'm getting the impression we really bought a Phone + PPC in one.... In One case that is, NOT in one design , let alone integrated... :(

vijay555

Retired Moderator
Jun 4, 2005
Witch Space
www.vijay555.com
Exactly. The implementation of the phone part is not particularly well integrated into the PDA OS AFAIK. But this is both a hardware and software limitation I think. But since some people seem to suggest that it certainly does work, I'd like a definitive idea of who it does work for, and if so, how... Frankly it's not something that I'm interested in, but I'd just like an answer!

V

imayoda81

Apr 27, 2006
THANKS FROM ACHILLE

I have to thank you all for this explanation. Very usefull. Thanx again.
Regards from Achille2005

jmcl

Feb 8, 2006
Don't really know which is the problem here, at least for me. I have downloaded PMRecorder - free -, installed, recorded a conversarion and works perfectly. try:
http://1800message.com/default.aspx

Well, I'd like to add something. Maybe it works because I used speaker ON. I don't know.
I'll try again. :)

roshanjain2

May 24, 2006
Bangalore
works for me

I have a O2 xda mini s and i am using a software called vito audio notes...it records both my voice and the other persons clearly...

vijay555

Retired Moderator
Jun 4, 2005
Witch Space
www.vijay555.com
vbi: that's interesting, I wonder if the Smartphones have a different audio path implementation. You can hear both sides clearly, not just because loudspeaker/receiver speaker can be picked up by the microphone?

V

7floor

Jul 20, 2006
O2 XDA smartphone (a Tornado w/o WiFi) with i-mate sp5m firmware. Conversations are perfectly recorded with PMRecorder; both my and opponent's voices are loud and clear.
I have attached a sample - russian-speaking people - me and colleague

Attachments

• sample_170.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 132

Jobine

Jul 18, 2006
Montreal/Quebec
I try PMrecorder with a Motorola Q and the program record,
I view the size of the file .rcwv but when I play the file, via PMrecorder, I ear nothing.

Some one have a solution ?

And how I can transfert the file via Activesync and change the file to .wav ?

jeasbe

Jul 22, 2006
New Delhi
www.facebook.com
CREDITS of the ABOME MESSAGE - www.pocketpcmag.com

jeasbe said:
How can I record phone conversations on my Pocket PC Phone Edition device?

If you would like to record your telephone conversations on your Pocket PC Phone Edition .....
PMRECORDER IS AVAILABLE HERE ::
:arrow: http://1800message.com/default.aspx

OOOPS !!

SORRY (FORGOT TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT ABOVE) BUT THE ABOVE MESSAGE WAS A COPY PASTE FROM THIS SITE :!:

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=513&more=1

jeasbe

Jul 22, 2006
New Delhi
www.facebook.com
AFTER THE CALL HAS ENDED !!

PMRecorderLastRecording.png

THE MORE INFO LINK IS HERE !! :arrow: http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=513&more=1

ATTACHED CALL RECORDER

Attachments

• spwm5callrec.cab
    131.5 KB · Views: 381

jeasbe

Jul 22, 2006
New Delhi
www.facebook.com
I have posted the File.
Installed on My O2 Mini S without any hassle.
But the same Problem (hardware wont support)
Records My voice but Not the voice of the Called/calling party.
In speakerphone mode though It might record But Faintly.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

vijay555

Retired Moderator
Jun 4, 2005
Witch Space
www.vijay555.com
jeasbe: as much as I would like to be greatful for you contribution, Menneisyys, the author of the article that you liberally cut and pasted, already points to his article above (and I link to it in the first post I wrote), in a great, definitive article.

It seems that PMRecorder didn't work for you anyway. Anyone got any new, positive news on this issue?

V

BaldBoy

Feb 19, 2005
I don't understand something. I could understand the point about the incoming sound stream not being routed through the pc part of the phone if it was only being output through the speaker or the headset.

However it's also capable of being output through a bluetooth connection. Doesn't this make it possible in some way to create software that can get hold of it (in the same way as the bluetooth software can) and stick it in a file alongside the outgoing sound stream?

Please excuse me if I'm being a simpleton.

vijay555

Retired Moderator
Jun 4, 2005
Witch Space
www.vijay555.com
BaldBoy: there are many threads on this issue, and this is one of the ideas that has been discussed. However, Mamaich has indicated that the audio path for the bluetooth path is again separate from the PDA path; thus it may be possible to catch the audio stream by simulating a bluetooth transmitter and receiver in the same device. However, I don't think any of us has tried it to date.

V