Tell us which Honor X-series smartphone you have used- Honor 8X Giveaway (Sponsored)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

XDARoni

XDA Community Manager
Z03S9WU.png

As many people know, Honor X-series smartphones always stand out in the market for its surprising high performance-price ratio.
That's why with every release the Honor-X series develops a massive fan base.

Let me introduce the members of the family of X-sereis first:
5X: We added intelligent fingerprint ID capabilities on the Honor 5X and we haven’t looked back!

6X: We took photography function to another level with the #Honor 6X’s Smart Dual Lens Camera, bringing you the opportunity to capture every detail. Using frontier technology, we’re going the distance!

7X: With the Honor 7X, our frontier technology brought you an immersive full view display, letting you experience more of what you desire. And we’re not done with our XSeries yet.

Recently the Honor X family will welcome a new member. Can you guess what it is? That right, it's the Honor 8X. Honor 8X comes with groundbreaking technologies and powerful performance encased in a unique ID design. Exceeding expectations, exceeding limits.

In order to celebrate for the launch of the Honor 8X, we are giving away a new 8X to a lucky XDA user.
To enter the giveaway, follow these steps:

⦁ Share with us which Honor X phone you are using. (Attach a picture of your phone for fun!)
⦁ Tell us why you chose to get that particular phone
⦁ Do you have any expectations for the upcoming Honor 8X?

Don’t hesitate to participate! We really appreciate every comment you share here!! The next winner could be you!

Winner will be announced September 17th 2018

9/17/18: Thank you to everyone that has participated. A winner has been selected!
Winner: shashank1320

-Honor

Last edited:

roadrunner4spd

Jun 5, 2014
As many people know, Honor X-series smartphones always stand out in the market for its surprising high performance-price ratio.

5X: We added intelligent fingerprint ID capabilities on the Honor 5X and we haven’t looked back!

6X: We took photography function to another level with the #Honor 6X’s Smart Dual Lens Camera, bringing you the opportunity to capture every detail. Using frontier technology, we’re going the distance!

7X: With the Honor 7X, our frontier technology brought you an immersive full view display, letting you experience more of what you desire. And we’re not done with our XSeries yet.

Recently the Honor X family will welcome a new member. Can you guess what it is? That right, it's the Honor 8X. Honor 8X comes with groundbreaking technologies and powerful performance encased in a unique ID design. Exceeding expectations, exceeding limits.

In order to celebrate for the launch of the Honor 8X, we are giving away a new 8X to a lucky XDA user.

⦁ Share with us which Honor X phone you are using. (Attach a picture of your phone for fun!)

Don’t hesitate to participate! We really appreciate every comment you share here!! The next winner could be you!

-Honor

If the Mate SE counts I have this model... which is the 7X. I would like to see the 8X in the US and pass this SE(7X) to my kid. unlocked but loader for roms please!? I am dipping my feet into the affordable mid range phones - on Amazon in the USA this was affordable and had more storage built in compared to Moto and Nokia. I am interested in seeing how the 8x camera compares, and interested in seeing how the 710 chipset speed compares to last year's model. from the reports I have read I am expecting an incremental update from the 7X/SE, and hope the processor is faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Honor

trixter127

May 20, 2017
Tirupati
I'm currently on Honor 7x,
Almost everything I needed was present in Honor 7x and the price range made me buy the phone immediately.
My check list for features before buying Honor 7x are
  1. 18:9 Display ✓
  2. Good Camera with wide aperture ( used to be a fan of GCams Lens blur ) - Dual Cameras ✓
  3. arm64 architecture ✓
  4. Stereo Speakers ❌
  5. Ram Management ✓
  6. Stock Android ❌ ( I like EMUI now because of its Total Customisability - ✓)
  7. Treble Supported Device ✓
  8. Latest Android OS ✓
  9. A device with two Major OS Updates ❌
  10. Budget Friendly ✓
As most of my requirements are satisfied by Honor 7x I bought a Honor 7x .But I don't like the decision of closing the bootloader unlock page as it would make the treble not do useful feature .I expected Treble support would be make the updates from the OEM faster too but it's not the case here .

What I expect from next X - Series phone ( or my next phone )
?
  • Dual 4G Support
  • Latest Android OS
  • ATLEAST TWO MAJOR ANDROID UPDATES
  • Stereo Speakers
  • Better Selfie Camera

Attachments

• IMG_20180905_213102.jpg
    IMG_20180905_213102.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 998
  • IMG_20180905_213004.jpg
    IMG_20180905_213004.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 996
  • IMG_20180905_221757.jpg
    IMG_20180905_221757.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 968
Last edited:

Kalenga

Sep 5, 2018
Honor 8X give away

Hi,

Hey guys, would you consider also giving away a phone to someone who does NOT already have an Honor phone? Someone who has been following the brand keenly and passionately for a long time but cannot get his hands on one because it is not available in the country.

Reactions: Honor and alipps1

0alfred0

Jan 24, 2018
Berlin
I have had this 6X for such a long time (almost 2 years). I chose it because Honor was promising the most for my money. They delivered, never had any complaints.

Sadly its battery is dying too quikly nowadays so its time for the big battery 8X!!! Besides i expect it to be the premium budget phone it has always been.

I want my friends to say: "Why the hell did I pay 1000€ for my iPhone?"

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 486

strasserra04

Sep 5, 2018
I've got an Honor 6x, since last March (2017).

I got this phone because I was sick and tired of paying a monthly contract with the big US phone companies and only having 2 or 3 options. Those options were always overpriced and the same year in and year out. The Honor 6x at the time offered the best specs for an unlocked phone and for the price. The design premium as well. It has lasted much longer than my past Samsung phones in terms of performance and battery life. Still going strong.

My expectations for Honor 8x are premium design and features, larger screen, and similar pricing to previous Honor phones. They are truly the best for the price, no matter what the US government has to say!

Drunk Piano

Aug 15, 2018
london
i used honor 7X before honor 10 released , it's the first honor phone with full-view display with pirce below €250
as for honor 8X, it has advantage on the design and screen , also screen to body ratio ups to 91%, i will definitely buy one for father if it's price under €300.

miststudent2011

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 3, 2016
Started with Honor 4X and continued all the way using 6X and 7X till Honor 10 really love the build,battery and camera quality of the devices.

In 4X I liked the battery and camera those were the days where smart phone mobiles are being penetrated to India and 4X gave good value for money its battery used to last more than a day and camera with 16MP gave good photographs for its range.
It's still rocking and easy to use so gave it to my dad to use it.

Iety8ul_d.jpg

nIlETlC_d.jpg

d6LuViP_d.jpg

6X has a Smart Dual Lens Camera which helped to capture good memories its has a solid build and battery life was good it was one of the leading model in the budget segment.It is getting two year plus monthly software updates.It has got Oreo beta in china hoping it to be rolled out in India.It was good customizable device and easy to hold in Hand.

wSx5EAS.jpg

pwA5i3q.jpg

7X's full-view display and screen to body ratio where its plus point for that prize segment. Used it only a few days before giving it to my cousin and upgrading to Honor 10. But like the build and color of the phone.

I have three expectation for the 8X those are wireless charging, front facing speakers and better optimized camera modes . As the other current models have dual Volte, and GPU Turbo I am sure they will be included in this model.

Last edited:

stingwraith

Sep 24, 2012
Z03S9WU.png

-Honor

I'm currently rocking the Honor 7x and have been thoroughly enjoying the experience. Aside from some bootloader unlock issues, it's got almost everything. Having come from a BLU phone it's been a night-and-day difference! I chose the 7x mostly because after literal months of looking around at all sorts of stuff from Xiaomi, Elephone, etc. I found this to be the best bang for my buck by far:) In a perfect world the honor 8x would be very similar to the 7x but would include some extra features that are missing from the 7x(no matter how arbitrary they may be). I'd love to see the 8x ship with NFC. With GPU Turbo coming shortly the 8x definitely needs something a bit beefier than the Kirin 659, and with that save on cost by having a simpler camera setup! Gamers aren't generally photographers. Gorilla Glass 4+ would be a plus as well! Android Pie out of the box if possible as well. I'd love AMOLED but that would increase the price significantly and hurt the price-to-performance that we're all here for. 5Ghz WiFi is also something that's been missing from my last 3 budget phones and would be a nice addition. I could take or leave USB-C; The increased power output doesn't really make any difference when devices can only charge so quickly. Fast charge technologies render that aspect of USB-C irrelevant and the quicker data speeds? Let's be honest nobody is transferring that much data or in that much of a hurry when they are. This having been said, fast charge is the #1 feature I miss between my BLOX2 and my H7x. My appreciation to anyone who has read this rant:) Good luck to all and sincere congratulations to the winner!!

Last edited:

oslo83

Hi,
I've used a Honor 6X in the past for it’s Smart Dual Lens Camera.

Now I'm expecting a Honor 8x with a way better camera, a better screen resolution, android 8 and some AI powers...

!? The next winner could be me !?
ATTACH]

Last edited:

alek889

Apr 5, 2014
San Juan
Z03S9WU.png

-Honor
1-Why i chose the Honor 7x?Economy,beautiful and super fast.
2-Expectations?Better speakers and sound.
3-And finally, my awesome phone..
hcr20OV.jpg

Samyak210

Mar 10, 2018
I have an Honor 7X. I chose this over other phones in this price because of the 18:9 display, camera quality, colour and the build quality.

I expect Honor 8X to have a better GPU, same or lesser price, bigger battery (because the screen is larger) and to get regular software updates.

Attachments

• IMG20180907170137.jpg
    IMG20180907170137.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG20180907170244.jpg
    IMG20180907170244.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG20180907170407.jpg
    IMG20180907170407.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 67

Bl4ckAir

Sep 6, 2017
Hello, I'm a big fan of Honor and had has 2 phone from you guys. The phone I'm using right now is the last year model, the Honor 7x and let me tell you, I am LOVING It!!!

What led me to choose the 7x is because I have had the 6x since 2017 and wanted an upgrade, plus my sister doesn't have a good phone so I wanted to give mine to her.
Upon using it, I fell In love with the phone, And let me tell you this bad boy can fit so much in it. I mean you got the fingerprint scanner, 16MP camera so everything you take is a guarantee high quality (unless you have shaky hands like me.). You got a rocking processor that fast and reliable, and if you're into game like Pubg it can handle that too. And that sweet battery life can last this baby for the whole day.
Last but not least, and this is one of the best feature I think any phone can have is the the theme option. Not like any theme option you have on other, the theme you apply on this one actually change the whole interface, which make your phone always feel brand new. I like how one day my phone could be an One plus, the next day it could be a iPhone X, or an Samsung Galaxy S9. The possibilities are endless.

I expect the Honor 8x to be faster, more beautiful with the notch. Become more modern with the A.I feature and being able to use 5GHZ is a huge plus in my area. And have I mentioned the 20MP camera? ? Also 6.5 is a huge display which can make everything more easy to see, and don't let me started on gaming and watching movies. Also with a big battery size like that I can play heavy game and won't have to worry about ran out of battery in the middle of the day.

Last edited:

Fredin_

Feb 19, 2018
Hey, I'm currently on the Honor 9 Lite not an X but i hope this counts(its pretty close to 7X).
Currently the phone has a 3000 mAH battery but performs good.
The cpu (kirin 659 ) is good but the GPU to be frank, sucks.
The camera performs good in good lighing but when it gets dark thing get very bad.
Currently has EMUI 8, bt would love to get EMUI 9.
I chose this over Asus ZenfoneMaxProM1 beacuse of the Cameras and beautiful design.

Expectations:
*A good battery life.
*Good CPU and GPU for gaming.
*Cameras that can handle different lighting situations well.
*EMUI 9 and GPU Turbo updates.
*Good build(metal preferred).
*An FHD+ screen(most obiously its there).
*Waterdrop Notch.
*4G and Volte(Duh..)
*Budget friendly.
*The famous AI of Huawei.

##And most importantly the CAMERAS AND DESIGNING(cameras are important for me as im a YouTuber and am using my phone to shoot and would love to get better videos in my channel a)because I can't afford a camera (b)Because I''m a startup)

Hope i get one.
I'd love to get my hands on a X series. :angel:

Last edited:

Atif Munir

Jan 4, 2017
honor 7x is very good fone but front camera not, only 8 mega pixel so i give this fone to my younger brother , now i am using huawei p20lite, but after launching 8x i must use it because its layout without notch is very fantastic and i really like it with full display,

Last edited:

steven360

Jun 12, 2017
I've got the Honor 7x using right now, it's a great phone. The reason why I bought this is because it offered really good specs for a really good price. What really got me through was the headphone jack, and it's also on the bottom! :) I really like that design, and I still have my headphone jack! I don't really care if this phone has it or not, but it would be super awesome if it does! I'd really like to win this giveaway so I can see what I can do with this phone, possibly even build a few ROMs if I ever get the time to set up everything. Bootloader code unlocking service stopping is a bummer, but there are other ways, and also Honor does have the service back... sort of. I'd like to attach a picture but I've got a bunch of potato cameras so there is no need. I like the Honor 7x and would love to get the Honor 8x :)

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A1
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
I have used none. I'm sort of a Xiaomi fan and currently choosing between a Mi A2 Lite and a Pocophone F1. Considering the specs important to me, the Honor 8X falls nicely in the middle, so I would not reject winning it.

I wouldn't buy it though, because like I said, I'm sort of a Xiaomi fan. Only winning this might change that :D

Midhon58

Jun 30, 2016
Berlin
OnePlus 7 Pro
I bought a Honor 5X back then when it was released in 2016. At that time it really was one of the few devices having a fingerprint sensor at an affordable price tag. The premium metall body and overall feel made me decide to get this phone. A major plus I realized later was the snapdragon SoC that allowed the diversity of custom ROMs to exist.
Watching the following X-series models I was really surprised how much the premium feel improved ranging from dual cameras to minimization of screen boarders. So I really hope the Honor 8x to continue this wonderful evolution and exceed the normal expectations for a mid-range device.

t-ryder

Feb 23, 2011
www.t-ryder.de
Google Pixel 6
I did not own a honor from the X series (and I am curious), but a honor 7 and I really liked the customization options of EMUI. I had been using MIUI and Xiaomi devices for years, ad when I checked out the honor 7 I just had to build a theme for EMUI (it was EMUI 4 back then, which I liked more than the newer versions). I even released a honor 7 ROM which some users really liked... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_3tDTMpPFc
Regarding various details I enjoyed my honor more than some Xiaomi devices. Having a honor X for the first time I would tinker around some more again...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Z03S9WU.png

Winner will be announced September 17th 2018

9/17/18: Thank you to everyone that has participated. A winner has been selected!
    Winner: shashank1320

-Honor
    Just a little update: this contest will end on 9/17. Thanks to all that participated so far :highfive: :highfive:
    Started with Honor 4X and continued all the way using 6X and 7X till Honor 10 really love the build,battery and camera quality of the devices.

In 4X I liked the battery and camera those were the days where smart phone mobiles are being penetrated to India and 4X gave good value for money its battery used to last more than a day and camera with 16MP gave good photographs for its range.
    It's still rocking and easy to use so gave it to my dad to use it.

Iety8ul_d.jpg

nIlETlC_d.jpg

d6LuViP_d.jpg

6X has a Smart Dual Lens Camera which helped to capture good memories its has a solid build and battery life was good it was one of the leading model in the budget segment.It is getting two year plus monthly software updates.It has got Oreo beta in china hoping it to be rolled out in India.It was good customizable device and easy to hold in Hand.

wSx5EAS.jpg

pwA5i3q.jpg

7X's full-view display and screen to body ratio where its plus point for that prize segment. Used it only a few days before giving it to my cousin and upgrading to Honor 10. But like the build and color of the phone.

I have three expectation for the 8X those are wireless charging, front facing speakers and better optimized camera modes . As the other current models have dual Volte, and GPU Turbo I am sure they will be included in this model.
    I've got an Honor 6x, since last March (2017).

I got this phone because I was sick and tired of paying a monthly contract with the big US phone companies and only having 2 or 3 options. Those options were always overpriced and the same year in and year out. The Honor 6x at the time offered the best specs for an unlocked phone and for the price. The design premium as well. It has lasted much longer than my past Samsung phones in terms of performance and battery life. Still going strong.

My expectations for Honor 8x are premium design and features, larger screen, and similar pricing to previous Honor phones. They are truly the best for the price, no matter what the US government has to say!
    I'm currently on Honor 7x,
    Almost everything I needed was present in Honor 7x and the price range made me buy the phone immediately.
    My check list for features before buying Honor 7x are
    1. 18:9 Display ✓
    2. Good Camera with wide aperture ( used to be a fan of GCams Lens blur ) - Dual Cameras ✓
    3. arm64 architecture ✓
    4. Stereo Speakers ❌
    5. Ram Management ✓
    6. Stock Android ❌ ( I like EMUI now because of its Total Customisability - ✓)
    7. Treble Supported Device ✓
    8. Latest Android OS ✓
    9. A device with two Major OS Updates ❌
    10. Budget Friendly ✓
    As most of my requirements are satisfied by Honor 7x I bought a Honor 7x .But I don't like the decision of closing the bootloader unlock page as it would make the treble not do useful feature .I expected Treble support would be make the updates from the OEM faster too but it's not the case here .

What I expect from next X - Series phone ( or my next phone )
    ?
    • Dual 4G Support
    • Latest Android OS
    • ATLEAST TWO MAJOR ANDROID UPDATES
    • Stereo Speakers
    • Better Selfie Camera