Telus ICS update

Search This thread

fourire

Dec 19, 2008
Montréal
sorry for the noob questions & thanks for the answers...I just try and have an error message and installation aborted

Nov 12, 2011
When I try to update it I get a small android figure and a triangle with a yellow exclamation mark. What should I do?
Thanks.

Dark Nightmare

Aug 5, 2011
WhereEverMyFeetAre
Google Pixel 6 Pro
When I try to update it I get a small android figure and a triangle with a yellow exclamation mark. What should I do?
Thanks.

Do you have something against reading the bible? Lol Hit volume up and press power while holding it, should give you a recovery menu, choose update from external, look for the ota file on your memory card, select it, let the phone update and reboot.

Nov 12, 2011
Do you have something against reading the bible? Lol Hit volume up and press power while holding it, should give you a recovery menu, choose update from external, look for the ota file on your memory card, select it, let the phone update and reboot.

I tried that, but it didn't work. I'm running the default os with clockwork mod recovery.

Dark Nightmare

Aug 5, 2011
WhereEverMyFeetAre
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I tried that, but it didn't work. I'm running the default os with clockwork mod recovery.

Read read read, the answer to every issue you have is in this very thread. Kindly go read the Amaze bible in the dev section, it's a stick right in the top five, check how to update via ota files, you'll find the link to files and what is required to update.

JMeister234

Mar 16, 2011
Mississauga
On T-Mo's ICS

So nobody has created a zip that can be flashed using 4EXT or other? I *could* go back to stock GB (Telus) and relock my phone and reset everything then do the OTA update and then go and unlock my phone again from HTCDev etc etc.

Sounds like a lot of work when I can just sit on T-Mo's ICS until someone comes up with a flashable ZIP file.

Dark Nightmare

Aug 5, 2011
WhereEverMyFeetAre
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So nobody has created a zip that can be flashed using 4EXT or other? I *could* go back to stock GB (Telus) and relock my phone and reset everything then do the OTA update and then go and unlock my phone again from HTCDev etc etc.

Sounds like a lot of work when I can just sit on T-Mo's ICS until someone comes up with a flashable ZIP file.

There is a flashable zip in the bible thread of both telus and tmo ics.

marleyfan61

Aug 19, 2010
Surrey
The Telus GB ruu is an EXE file, you need to run it on a pc while the phone is in fastboot for it to install. Not sure what file you used but the one in the RUU/OTA thread works fine, but it's an exe file, which requires you to have a pc to use.

That's the method I used and it worked fine for me. I did have to re-lock the bootloader before I could get the exe file to work though. Once I had restored to stock the OTA update showed up right away.

Top Liked Posts