Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Huawei P9

Search This thread

Delboyd12

Jul 7, 2014
In what way are they better?

I haven't heard of them.
Yeah neither had I. Only found them upon realising tempered glass wasn't going to work on my S7 Edge. Experimented with one and found it much better. Literally indestructible. I'd have full confidence taking a razer to it and not even worrying.

Tempered glass I always find hassley on any kind of curved screen.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

skoobee

Jul 3, 2013
Kirkcaldy
Yeah neither had I. Only found them upon realising tempered glass wasn't going to work on my S7 Edge. Experimented with one and found it much better. Literally indestructible. I'd have full confidence taking a razer to it and not even worrying.

Tempered glass I always find hassley on any kind of curved screen.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I got one of these and the fit is far superior to the glass type protectors. However, Not convinced it will be stand up to the phone getting dropped. Have you dropped your phone with it on at any point?

joaste

Sep 11, 2011

starfarer

Jul 26, 2006
London
I ordered one from Flosmall on 22nd Oct as there was mention of them here and also they claim to have EU warehouse with 2-5 days delivery. Now regretting the buy as don't think they actually have a warehouse in EU and it'll take another 3 weeks to get here from china :(. Anything good one in amazon uk? I'll just write flosmall experience as the one to forget and learn from the mistake. Thanks.

gregkilla

Oct 30, 2016
actually they do have eu warehouse (if i remember correctly package was sent from germany) and it took 4 days for my flosmall glass to come and i live in poland

Last edited:

benjamen50

Dec 11, 2013
Melbourne
www.mtwo.com.au
Hey everyone,

i recently saw this product pop up on Amazon. 6,89$ CAD and supposedly covers the full screen.

https://www.amazon.ca/Curved-Temper...6479&sr=8-2&keywords=p9+full+screen+protector

For the price, it seems too good to be true. Shipping should take about a month, month and a half.

I will report back when i receive it with pictures.

Best of luck to you all!

A month? That's a bit too long. U.S to Australia takes me like 2 weeks on average. Anyway I'm going to try a few locally (from eBay) and see if I can get one that covers the glass properly and not have lifting spots.

RidgeBoyGenius

Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
A month? That's a bit too long. U.S to Australia takes me like 2 weeks on average. Anyway I'm going to try a few locally (from eBay) and see if I can get one that covers the glass properly and not have lifting spots.

Yeah, I'm pretty annoyed with the expected date of delivery being December 14th... However, there's always the possibility that it will come early. i just haven't found any that are better yet. I Definitely want a full screen protector, as i'm sick of this halo effect.

Agitha

Oct 15, 2016
Hey everyone,

i recently saw this product pop up on Amazon. 6,89$ CAD and supposedly covers the full screen.

https://www.amazon.ca/Curved-Temper...6479&sr=8-2&keywords=p9+full+screen+protector

For the price, it seems too good to be true. Shipping should take about a month, month and a half.

Best of luck to you all!

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...awei-Ascend-P9-Glass/1390699_32686109506.html

Glass is not tight lies on the screen, there is a gap. because it does not always work touchscreen.

The glass is glued only where dyed black. where the screen was air gap. the screen began to give gray and ghosting. even the glass waves light reflection is not uniform, besides the glass surface mirror, glare. after a week of use, набилась dust under the glass near the front camera. then the glass all come unstuck.

eliie

Nov 21, 2016
My P9 already has some sort of film. Is this a tempered glass?

I got a brand new Huawei P9 (EVA AL10), which already has some sort of film on the screen (also it comes with a case that I put on). Is this a tempered glass or some other type of film, plastic or glass? What sort of protection is it? Or maybe it's just a casual film that needs to be removed after unpackaging? Notice that the film does not cover the screen completely, about a milimeter is not covered in the left and right sides.

It's my first smartphone and I am not familiar with these gadgets at al! Also, I am a clumsy person, due to a hand nerve problem. I will surely drop the phone (probably regularly once in a while). What sort of accessory can I use to protect against drops? Is a folded-case better than the standard case that comes with the phone for screen protection?

Here is a photo:

image.jpg

Last edited:

yasir04

Dec 1, 2014

RidgeBoyGenius

Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
Hey everyone,

Best of luck to you all!

Finally got this. Do not buy, it's garbage. screen sensitivity is highly affected and it definitely doesn't feel like tempered glass.

i think i'm going to go without a screen protector at this point.

Reactions: benjamen50

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone