Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Search This thread

josephcsible

Nov 3, 2016

TeamHackura

Aug 26, 2011
OnePlus 8
Because the way the screen is curved means that it's very difficult if not impossible to make a good one. The dimensions are exactly the same, so you could, but it doesn't have any good ones to my knowledge either, for the same reason.
hmmmm. Just a curved 2.5d screen? Just ditched the note 5 and at first manufacturers weren't used to curved edges for glass but they got it down after a month or so iirc. Why so different here? Lower volume phone is my only guess

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

paiktaras

Sep 7, 2012
Nea Ionia - Athens
Hi guys !
looking for this tempered glass https://world.taobao.com/item/540071712090.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z09.2.0.0.GDtCoy&_u=dkrj0i9fb2c to buy it from a store that sends to Europe, the brand is Sinpan
TB2_VJNc_Xxdkpu_Fjy0_Fb_XXa_Nnp_Xa_0-rate.jpg

Any help accepted :)

crash_194

Mar 27, 2008
Has anyone come across a glass screen protector of a similar design to the official OnePlus screen protector? (full adhesion with a black border rather than just adhesion on the black border).

I would like to try one but OnePlus don't even have the black ones listed on their website anymore :(

Hello,
is there a normal screen protector that fits with the orzly grip-pro? The one that was already installed on my OP3T is perfectly fine for my needs – without the orzly case. But with the case on, the lower corners, and sometimes the sides of the screen protector, are liftet up a bit. It's not that bad, but it's a magnet for sand and other small dirt particles, which could scratch the screen.

Rebel7022

Oct 13, 2016
Las Vegas
I bought a oneplus 2 tempered glass screen protector along time ago but never opened it. I'm thinking about applying it on my 3T, both screens look the same size but the op2 screen looks a tad bit wider though. You think it will work better than the 3t screen protectors?

Last edited:

sean chong

Nov 5, 2010
That looks really good! What brand is it?

it's china brand. from taobao.
here is the link if you can read chinese.
it's tempered glass with Gel type liquid apply to the halo effect.
the gel will hardening after few hours and become one to the glass. you won't see any difference.
the glass itself is coated well. very smooth and not easy to get fingerprint on it.
the only hassle is you need to spend some times to fill the halo. but it is an easy job.
highly recommended.

Alex190397

Dec 11, 2010
the gel will hardening after few hours and become one to the glass. you won't see any difference.
the glass itself is coated well. very smooth and not easy to get fingerprint on it.
the only hassle is you need to spend some times to fill the halo. but it is an easy job.
highly recommended.

Looks great! Sad that the shipping costs are so high. (25€ / to Germany) :(
edit: I found another shop: here

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Depending on quality/thickness, this looks like it could be a solid option. I'm really hoping Spigen or another company makes a full adhesive protector, as I'm not a fan of the bezel versions or the dot matrix either.
    Well quality or thickness is kind of moot. OnePlus 3T, is among one of many phones I've used, and I've been buying glass protectors for years under several models and I've noticed some patterns among them.

I'd say that there are 3 or 4 (I'm just speculating), Chinese manufacturers that print out tens of thousands of glass templates, per model and 3rd parties buy them out and add their own brand to them. There are a dozen or more "brands" that sell OnePlus 3 Glass protectors, but actual-protectors varieties, I can only count 3 or 4 of. This "dot-matrix" **** I see under atleast 8 different brands, The "KHAOS" in my hand is practically identical to the "Orzly" I also have, with the exception of the outside package. The container is the same, the protector is the same, the dust removal stickers and towelettes they include are the same. I also ordered "EZ Guardz" http://www.ebay.com/itm/232010652397?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT (dont buy this crap)
    But the screen protectors is IDENTICAL to the "Tru Shield" pictures featured in the 1st post of this thread. Same cut, same edges unprotected.

I say quality is moot, because they all appear to be about the same products under different names. I speculate that despite the dozens of choices we think we have, we really only have like 3 or 4 choices, because I think there are only 3 or 4 manufacturers actually making these protectors. My HOPE is that the particular protector I just ordered is a new model of cookie-cut protectors that few of us have any experience with on our OnePlus 3's because I can't find another (pictures I mean) like it for OnePlus 3, only Oneplus 2. My FEAR is that the one I just ordered is just a transparent version of the colored-trimmed ones that everyone here seems to hate.

Alternatively, if this protector isn't good enough, what I'm going to do, is order a glass protector for HTC M-series or whichever one has screen-dimensions similar to OnePlus 3. Because the top-bezels of the HTC M-series is metal, not glass, screen protectors are just a single-rectangular pane. If I can cover just the screen part and not the bezels, then I can use a decal to cover up and protect those bezels.

Bottom-line, I'm betting everyone here looking for a satisfactory glass protector is seriously regretting removing the protector that came with their OnePlus. I sure-as-hell am.
    @dima-82 and for general info to all looking.....

Unfortunately the ones that look like normal protectors (with no border) are the ones that are really small to only cover the flat surface or they won't seal on the curve. I have tried 3 different brands all way too small and look goofy.

So sadly, you either need to:

1, get the OP official curved and lose some screen, and possible conficts with certain cases.

2, deal with seeing the edge of the protector in your screen space with the small ones (these are the protectors that normally are cheap and work great on non-curved screens).

3, get the dot matrix and/or rainbow effect with Orzly (and other bordered protectors with only edge glue), also possible case conflicts.

4, get wet install flexible protectors that fit good, but lose touch feel and shatter protection, and get possible yellowing after some age.

5, get get old school plastic protectors that fit well, but lose the touch feel and added shatter protection.

Something is definitely up with the glass on the OP3t or gorilla Glass 4. I have 3 other phones that have no scratches, even with years of service and kids using them (nexus 4, idol 3, nexus 6). But the OP3t got scratches within days of use while being careful and only adult use. Even my OPO is still scratch free. I'm calling BS on the screen glass type on the OP3t.
    That looks really good! What brand is it?

highly recommended.
    Hey everyone, a few pages back I complained about the official curved OP TG and requested to get my money back. I ended up ordering the official OP TP (not curved) and am happy with it. I knew that I would have the lines from the glass at the edge of the screen but to me that is better than dots, rainbow effect, or simply not seeing the full screen. The best part? I get to use the Spigen case :) Pic links and points below...

Diag pic
    Diag

Straight on
    Straight on

Screen on - on my Reddit app with the curved screen I could not see my battery indicator on the top or the reply 'lines' on the far left of the screen.
    Screen on

With Spigen Rugged Armor Case - I did not like the transparent cases that fit with the curved glass, they showed fingerprints, etc. The Spigen is what I wanted for the beginning and it works great.
    With Case
    I'm using the Orzly v2. It's the closest you will get to a perfect full screen tempered glass with no lift when using a case or changing cases. Yes it has dot matrix in certain angles, and the rainbow effect is very minimal. It's a lot better than the other ones I tried.

3c34fecc72b8675bd219753542988fbe.jpg

38fa3d6a13e43ac084d6a579ac40fd7f.jpg

6aed936ca64007dddeb7cb361a3f2901.jpg