[Tempered Glass Screen Protectors w/ Updated *PICTURES* in OP]

Glass Design Preferences? Like Full Coverage? What are your tastes?

• Even "H" cut out that covers the cam and sensors!

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • I want the cut out for the front facing camera.

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • I want the cut out for both the camera + sensors.

Votes: 60 53.6%
  • I want the cut out for only the front sensors.

Votes: 10 8.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
great thread. !

i would love that tech armor glass again.
i got one before they pull all back, but during installation, my shredding dogs fur went in right before i pressing it down. damn...
it has slim halo on my black note, i still used it for a week or so though. but that long strand of hair is just too much.
i like how it covers every thing viewable on the screen even those sensors and cam.
which i have not idea why other ALWAYS make those cut outs?? it does not interfere with the sensors functions... in my experience of course.
they are under a gorilla glass isn't it? so its not gonna have problem over another glass right.?
and i dont even care if they dont work. as long as the camera can take pics, i am ok.

currently still on the revised bear motion.
halo yes. but i like it more than others i tried. and there are lot too.
the coverage and cut outs are not too bad, i live with it.

hoping something better come out soon.
my moneys are waiting.
:)
Thanks! Glad you find it useful.

I totally agree with you on the tech armor .... I love how it covers everything as the glass will not affect the sensors or camera at all. I really dread those stupid goofy cut outs on the other brands. So annoying. Lol.

I'm using the zerolemon Glass right now. It has its perks but it also has the halo. I like how the Glass extends farther down than most near the home button. It does cover the front camera (thank goodness), but doesn't cover the sensors. Far from perfect. I'll upload pics tomorrow.

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
The MyBat seems to go on with no halo. Myself and a couple others have ordered after a user posted his results. They have them on eBay and Amazon but offer cheaper listing on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OB42360/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ca8b790005c3753110e309c27a128688.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Crypt!c

Jun 3, 2008
Noice, getting the feel for Mybat now. But shipping's almost as much as the protector itself dayum

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
The MyBat seems to go on with no halo. Myself and a couple others have ordered after a user posted his results. They have them on eBay and Amazon but offer cheaper listing on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OB42360/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ca8b790005c3753110e309c27a128688.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the picture. The MyBat's glass reminds me a lot of the Spartans glass with its similar cut outs. Hhmmm.

As for the cut out on the upper left, I'm assuming that is all part of the design to prevent lifting?

Glad to see a glass with no halos though. Good stuff.

cdmoore74

Aug 5, 2008
round lake
So far I’ve tried a cheap ebay glass screen protector and now the xtreme protector which I bought during one of their 90% off sales. The ebay one was not only cheaper, but it came faster, had less halo effect and was damage free. The first xtreme showed up cracked and the replacement took 3 additional days to come.
I’m to the point that I just want the protector to cover the display area and nothing else; basically a simple rectangle. And because the halo effect is so bad I’m starting to notice crap buildup under the halo. Can’t be good if small sand particles get trapped. And to add insult to injury the halo starts and stops over the camera. Don’t buy the xtreme protector people!

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Went with a matte protector. Wasted almost $100 on tempered glass and all of them don't stay down.

npsiwak

Sep 4, 2010
I had initially bought a JOTO protector, it had a halo like everyone else (didnt care), but it was too short and the bottom of the protector was like half-covering the capacitive buttons which made pushing the capacitive buttons strange. It was super smooth though, very smooth, almost perfect. I got a Bear motion since it seemed to cover better and while it fits perfect (still, with a halo), the coating on it is total crap and has a lot of drag....i hate to take it off, but it makes it annoying to use. Does it go away over time? anyone have any other options that has full coverage like the bear motion but doesnt have a crap coating on it?

I might just need to compromise with something that doesnt provide full coverage. Im not even worried about damage, it is just a tactile thing...

Josborne6

Oct 19, 2012
I had initially bought a JOTO protector, it had a halo like everyone else (didnt care), but it was too short and the bottom of the protector was like half-covering the capacitive buttons which made pushing the capacitive buttons strange. It was super smooth though, very smooth, almost perfect. I got a Bear motion since it seemed to cover better and while it fits perfect (still, with a halo), the coating on it is total crap and has a lot of drag....i hate to take it off, but it makes it annoying to use. Does it go away over time? anyone have any other options that has full coverage like the bear motion but doesnt have a crap coating on it?

I might just need to compromise with something that doesnt provide full coverage. Im not even worried about damage, it is just a tactile thing...
Could throw some rain-x on the bear motion in the meantime to make it "bearable".

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

Top Liked Posts