• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Tempered Glass Screen Protectors

Search This thread

falcons2

Jun 19, 2011
austintown
Decided to try out the zero lemon one and there's a halo on mine. Looks like I'll be switching to the iloome

Sent from my note 4 using xda app

ckspeed1968

Jan 5, 2015
I am using the moshi ivisor glass right now, see post #1880. Sorry, I do not have pix to show. I would give it thumbs up.

ckspeed1968

Jan 5, 2015
So the adhesive is only at the top and bottom? That's strange. Please find a way to take some pictures for us :D

Yep, as I look at it closer, the side edges of the iVisor do not curve down enough to meet the note 4 curve glass, hint the side edges has no adhesion. I still like it because the samsung protective cover+ goes over the iVisor a little to hide the edge. Touch sensitvity is still very good. I prefer this over none e2e glass. I have some of those none e2e on order too. I will try to get some pix of the iVisor here in the next few days for you all to see.

ckspeed1968

Jan 5, 2015
I have it for 5 days now and i have not see any dirt in between the 2 glass yet. without removing the ivisor I wont be able to tell if there is scratches between the 2 glasses.

arjun90

Apr 6, 2011
Concrete Jungle
Thanks buddy for pointing this out to us. This is great for those that are using the Commuter Case. Does anyone has pictures of the application process?

I'm a newbie here, have a note 2 before, now have the note 4. Like all of you here I got interest in the tempered glass protector a few weeks ago. I have been looking and researching for an edge to edge but none can be found til last Thursday. I am using the moshi ivisor glass right now. I know the moshi ivisor is NOT a full adhesive glass protector only the top and bottom adhere to the note 4 glass but it does provide edge to edge screen protection and the samsung protective cover still fit just as good. I don't have any pix to show but if you go to moshi's website you get the idea. You can buy this at the AT&T store.

arjun90

Apr 6, 2011
Concrete Jungle

Attachments

• DSC00799.jpg
    DSC00799.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 534
  • DSC00801.jpg
    DSC00801.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 542
  • DSC00802.jpg
    DSC00802.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 534

bleuiko

Jan 29, 2007
Bear Motion

Hi All, I'm back again! I feel like my place is starting to look like a warehouse with all these glass protectors coming. Next up is Bear Motion which I've gotten mixed reviews about; some have reported no halo on the revised version. I'm not sure which one I have. On my AT&T Note 4 White, this one results in thin halos along to two sides so it is not acceptable to me. I must say though, of all the glass protectors I've tried, Bear Motion has been my favorite thus far in terms of fit. Quite a shame for those not wanting halo; if you don't mind, definitely try this out.

arjun90

Apr 6, 2011
Concrete Jungle
They shouldn't, they're made of equal 9H Hardness. Also, if you were to install a PET Screen Protector in between those two, definitely scratchless, guaranteed.

I would also wonder if the two glasses would scratch each other?

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

I can't accept the halo. It would make our devices look bad. Not only does our body language count, but the phone we carry in our pockets and hands count as well.

Hi All, I'm back again! I feel like my place is starting to look like a warehouse with all these glass protectors coming. Next up is Bear Motion which I've gotten mixed reviews about; some have reported no halo on the revised version. I'm not sure which one I have. On my AT&T Note 4 White, this one results in thin halos along to two sides so it is not acceptable to me. I must say though, of all the glass protectors I've tried, Bear Motion has been my favorite thus far in terms of fit. Quite a shame for those not wanting halo; if you don't mind, definitely try this out.

bleuiko

Jan 29, 2007
MyBat Glass

I also tried the MyBat glass protector for the heck of it. I did not read any reviews that this one was working without halo... and of course, it does. I did like that the glass has a top protective removable layer which is colored; this made the alignment much easier to see. Still, off it goes.

Where does that leave me? Well, I have one or two more brands I want to try, though I am getting very tired of it. My guess is that I will end up going back to iLoome for the time being as it is still the strongest "flexible" protector that actually have a shot at going on without halo. I still really don't enjoy the feel of it (plasticky) compared to its high cost but what can you do? By the way, iLoome has amazing customer service so don't hesitate to try them. I know that my ATT Note 4 White has an especially curvy part at the bottom right of the screen, which the last 2 iLoome failed on. I will try a third and see if I get a better one. I can get lucky, right?

I also tried the MyBat glass protector for the heck of it. I did not read any reviews that this one was working without halo... and of course, it does. I did like that the glass has a top protective removable layer which is colored; this made the alignment much easier to see. Still, off it goes.

Where does that leave me? Well, I have one or two more brands I want to try, though I am getting very tired of it. My guess is that I will end up going back to iLoome for the time being as it is still the strongest "flexible" protector that actually have a shot at going on without halo. I still really don't enjoy the feel of it (plasticky) compared to its high cost but what can you do? By the way, iLoome has amazing customer service so don't hesitate to try them. I know that my ATT Note 4 White has an especially curvy part at the bottom right of the screen, which the last 2 iLoome failed on. I will try a third and see if I get a better one. I can get lucky, right?
Why not go with moshi iVisor glass best one out there 100% halo free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I decided to grab Tech Armor's Ballistic glass protector on Amazon, thankfully it's not one that overhangs the curve. I have to wait until Saturday for my Spigen Tough Armor to show up and see how well they look together.

But so far, no complaints. The glass covers the sensors and front camera, but doesn't impede their function at all from what I've tested.
    Numerous people here in Australia have been fitting a screen protector with NO HALO or other issues .
    But as we all know it can only do that by covering the 'screen" area which Does NOT include the Bezel area.
    The "Screen" and "Bezel" are 2 different things !! ( even though they are 1 covering piece of glass). I doubt even iloome will be able to build 1 that fits on the N4 the same as they did for the iphone 6 for a number of reasons I wont elaborate on here.

The one people are using is this-
    Nillkin Amazing H+ Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector
    I see a few people a 1/2 dozen or so pages back in this thread are also using this SP.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>>>>>>>>>>>The pics and text below by forum member - Davesday<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Here are some pictures of the Nillkin Amazing H+ Tempered Glass that is applied on my Note 4
    http://pbrd.co/1tkTdiB
    http://pbrd.co/1tkTwKx
    http://pbrd.co/1tkTxOo
    http://pbrd.co/1tkTBxC

As you can see, it doesn't cover the entire screen area because can only stick to the flat side of the screen to prevent getting the halo effect around the curved edges. You may not like the end result because it sort of becomes a 'double curved edge' glass LOL! But with the case on, its not too bad. The 2.5D curved finish on the Nillkin does help make swiping easier edge to edge and will not hinder the use of home button/finger print scanner. The glass itself is thin enough despite being 0.3mm thick.

If you have a white Note 4, the glass may not be as obvious as with the black Note 4.

In terms of screen clarity, its a 100% to my eyes. It doesn't seem to create glare. I was using it in the sun or directly underneath bright LED lighting, it didn't bother me. The 'finger feel' is exactly like the original screen. There's an oleophobic coating and you get that 'oily smooth' feel. Feels exactly like real glass, knocks like real glass too. Have been using it for the entire day, happy to report it doesn't collect finger print or grease at all. Minimal face oil after a long phone call but a simple wipe in the pants pocket and its crystal clear again.

Overall I'm very happy with the Nillkin. Makes me think what additional benefits the more expensive brands like Spigen bring to the table. Or maybe with time, the vendors could bring a full 100% coverage solution.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I thought post 178 showed that the tech armor glass was ok. I was about to order one as the one i bought from "redpeppercase" on ebay was mentioned that it left a halo all around.

Perhaps he didn't get the same TS that I did? They have 3 versions. Perhaps I got a rare good one? Perhaps he just hates TS as he didn't post pics of it being "junk"? Who knows...
    Mine is still working perfectly, I've even gotten used to the gap between it and my case (Spigen ToughArmor), well, until Iloome's curved version is released anyways.
    Here's some more pics of it, pardon the crappy lighting.

z6V5yF5.jpg

li3X2e4.jpg

KYChHcI.jpg

tT4M3q7.jpg

YH7yBt0.jpg

Damn, I've got more dust than I thought...
    5b19727a327938c3bc83c1e105ffe472.jpg

Just received the screen protector I'll apply it later on today or tomorrow and post pics.
    Here is my reply from a Bear Motion vendor on amazon. For less than $10 you bet I'm buying one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MD...414543425&qid=1414543425&sr=8-2&sr=8-2&sr=8-2