Tempered Glass Screen Protectors

Search This thread

woldranger

Apr 22, 2012
I got this protector 2 days ago. I am really liking it. I still have some halo around the sides, not on top or bottom. Other than that it really looks good.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using xda premium

I know it's a bit of random request, but if you get a chance could you measure me the width and length of the protector? I'm just wondering how tight of a fit it will be with my new Tech21 case...

Spellgamer

Dec 12, 2007
better to say as same as S3 (don't compare SAMSUNG GALAXY with apple iphone :D)
i remember the solution for screen protectors for S3 was small size.
i mean not edge to edge protector.
but for temp-glass...
maybe some glass + plastic i mean plastic for edge of screen and glass for front
two types of material in one protector !!!
i think its possible! (maybe :confused:)
maybe you need to melt it down enough to fit but not to burn it or make it sticky to the screen later on so u gotta figure out what is the best way.

ithehappy

May 5, 2008
Calcutta
Google Pixel 2 XL

Melissakis

Aug 27, 2013
Thessaloniki
This list is out of the black ones and I didn't find any other listings of it which would have the black ones so I ordered from alieexpress. I had my mobo and digitizer replaced so now I'm trying to keep the screen in good shape. :)

Yes, I had bought the last one!
You could try one of these, they seem pretty much the same, no guarantees of course.

Reactions: Inxsible

hackdrag0n

Jul 1, 2015
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Come on guys!
They succeed in making totally curved tempered screen for the note 7 and no full cover for our note 4??
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Best...-and-tempered-glass-screen-protectors_id83785
Those Note 7 protectors are garbage - if they cover edge to edge then they get pushed up if you put a case on. The glass ones don't even sit right without a case on. It makes a clicking sound when you push on it because it's not making complete contact with the screen.
I'm half tempted to sell the 7 and just stick with the 4 - walking around with a naked phone makes me **** kittens.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: knowledgeworker

Levistras

Apr 16, 2008
Toronto
Samsung Galaxy Alpha
I have this glass protector on my Note 4, been there almost a year now, works beautifully, no halo at all.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00PHYC6F6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Horizontally it goes RIGHT to the edges of the screen, so the white border (my note 4 is white) on the sides of the screen don't get covered. At the top it stops at the top edge of the phone/ear grill, and at the bottom it stops at the bottom edge of the home button.

ooak

Jul 9, 2007
OK guys I've confirmed that the verizon note 7 tempered glass works!!!!! I will up load pics once i get near another camera. I will post later today. But this is the best one. I have ordered many from Amazon and returned them all. Its made for the black note 7. It only has adhesive at top and bottom. Its seems to have a slightly smaller curve angle which allows the top and bottom adhesive to hold it flat in my opinion. Works great /Users/JohnnyKilroy/Downloads/20160826_174850.jpg

Reactions: Coldblackice

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I decided to grab Tech Armor's Ballistic glass protector on Amazon, thankfully it's not one that overhangs the curve. I have to wait until Saturday for my Spigen Tough Armor to show up and see how well they look together.

But so far, no complaints. The glass covers the sensors and front camera, but doesn't impede their function at all from what I've tested.
    Numerous people here in Australia have been fitting a screen protector with NO HALO or other issues .
    But as we all know it can only do that by covering the 'screen" area which Does NOT include the Bezel area.
    The "Screen" and "Bezel" are 2 different things !! ( even though they are 1 covering piece of glass). I doubt even iloome will be able to build 1 that fits on the N4 the same as they did for the iphone 6 for a number of reasons I wont elaborate on here.

The one people are using is this-
    Nillkin Amazing H+ Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector
    I see a few people a 1/2 dozen or so pages back in this thread are also using this SP.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>>>>>>>>>>>The pics and text below by forum member - Davesday<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Here are some pictures of the Nillkin Amazing H+ Tempered Glass that is applied on my Note 4
    http://pbrd.co/1tkTdiB
    http://pbrd.co/1tkTwKx
    http://pbrd.co/1tkTxOo
    http://pbrd.co/1tkTBxC

As you can see, it doesn't cover the entire screen area because can only stick to the flat side of the screen to prevent getting the halo effect around the curved edges. You may not like the end result because it sort of becomes a 'double curved edge' glass LOL! But with the case on, its not too bad. The 2.5D curved finish on the Nillkin does help make swiping easier edge to edge and will not hinder the use of home button/finger print scanner. The glass itself is thin enough despite being 0.3mm thick.

If you have a white Note 4, the glass may not be as obvious as with the black Note 4.

In terms of screen clarity, its a 100% to my eyes. It doesn't seem to create glare. I was using it in the sun or directly underneath bright LED lighting, it didn't bother me. The 'finger feel' is exactly like the original screen. There's an oleophobic coating and you get that 'oily smooth' feel. Feels exactly like real glass, knocks like real glass too. Have been using it for the entire day, happy to report it doesn't collect finger print or grease at all. Minimal face oil after a long phone call but a simple wipe in the pants pocket and its crystal clear again.

Overall I'm very happy with the Nillkin. Makes me think what additional benefits the more expensive brands like Spigen bring to the table. Or maybe with time, the vendors could bring a full 100% coverage solution.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I thought post 178 showed that the tech armor glass was ok. I was about to order one as the one i bought from "redpeppercase" on ebay was mentioned that it left a halo all around.

Perhaps he didn't get the same TS that I did? They have 3 versions. Perhaps I got a rare good one? Perhaps he just hates TS as he didn't post pics of it being "junk"? Who knows...
    Mine is still working perfectly, I've even gotten used to the gap between it and my case (Spigen ToughArmor), well, until Iloome's curved version is released anyways.
    Here's some more pics of it, pardon the crappy lighting.

z6V5yF5.jpg

li3X2e4.jpg

KYChHcI.jpg

tT4M3q7.jpg

YH7yBt0.jpg

Damn, I've got more dust than I thought...
    5b19727a327938c3bc83c1e105ffe472.jpg

Just received the screen protector I'll apply it later on today or tomorrow and post pics.
    Here is my reply from a Bear Motion vendor on amazon. For less than $10 you bet I'm buying one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MD...414543425&qid=1414543425&sr=8-2&sr=8-2&sr=8-2