Tempered Glass Screen Protectors?

Search This thread

jason504

Mar 3, 2013
I didn't want to wait a few weeks for one and didn't want to spend 20+ bucks.
True I get ya fosman is a good one. I have had 2 of them 7 bucks. I have had one on my phone for months still looks great. I just ordered the deff knock off. Waiting to see what that one is like.

young0ne

Dec 18, 2008
Acworth, GA
just bought one now to wait and see what its going to be like

I guess they will get two reviews LOL I got the one with three hole cut out

Lol The more the merrier I say! :D So you got the same one I did? I was beginning to wonder if anybody would make these for the Nexus 6, Nillkin and Deff heard our pleas :D Patience is indeed a virtue, sometimes lol

young0ne

Dec 18, 2008
Acworth, GA
Lol The more the merrier I say! :D So you got the same one I did? I was beginning to wonder if anybody would make these for the Nexus 6, Nillkin and Deff heard our pleas :D Patience is indeed a virtue, sometimes lol

Yeah Its made by them but the proxy has its own cut out mines should be here next week and if its good I may try to buy and bunch and resell them for US distribution.

wolfen69

Feb 25, 2012
Woodstock, GA USA
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291436599661?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I bought one on April 19th, it was accepted into EMS in China on the 23rd and, according to eBay it will be here anytime between April 28th and May 13th. It's coming ePacket, and I'm tracking it via the USPS web site. Once it gets here, I'll post back on it.

I myself would be interested in how it goes for you. I don't know if you use a case, but the case+protector combo is what I want to know about. I would consider getting it if it plays well with most cases.

I just ordered glass protector from ezguards. It'll probably be here Monday. If it doesn't work out, I'll probably stay with the plastic ones and deal with fingerprints.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Yeah Its made by them but the proxy has its own cut out mines should be here next week and if its good I may try to buy and bunch and resell them for US distribution.

Good luck with that. Btw, I'm just down the road in Woodstock. Small world.

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
I finally had to take the first ezguard off. It got to where it was causing problems with the proximity sensor. The replacement one has the cutout on the wrong side so I didn't even try it. Just put on the invisible defender. I don't much care for the plastic feel, already missing the glass feel but it went on great and no proximity sensor problems!

I myself would be interested in how it goes for you. I don't know if you use a case, but the case+protector combo is what I want to know about. I would consider getting it if it plays well with most cases.

I just ordered glass protector from ezguards. It'll probably be here Monday. If it doesn't work out, I'll probably stay with the plastic ones and deal with fingerprints.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

I do use a case, right now I'm using the Unicorn Beetle Hybrid (frost clear/blue) from Supcase, excellent case by the way. I'll definitely report on how the Nillkin works, or doesn't work with the case in my review.

The case -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OHFH8AE

Currently, I'm using the Spigen Crystal Clear screen protectors, they fit, feel and look great on the Nexus 6, if the Nillkin doesn't work out I'll go back to that.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P1HJC2E The protectors

Last edited:

jay661972

Oct 19, 2010
San Diego CA
Ordered Intelliglass and so far its perfect but with slight issue. Email them and the response was:

You were shipped our current version, however we do have a new version coming out this upcoming week that will offer full edge to edge coverage.

Thanks!*
Adam*
intelliARMOR Support*

And they will replace what i have right now with this new version. Lets wait and see.

wolfen69

Feb 25, 2012
Woodstock, GA USA
I do use a case, right now I'm using the Unicorn Beetle Hybrid (frost clear/blue) from Supcase, excellent case by the way. I'll definitely report on how the Nillkin works, or doesn't work with the case in my review.

The case -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OHFH8AE

Currently, I'm using the Spigen Crystal Clear screen protectors, they fit, feel and look great on the Nexus 6, if the Nillkin doesn't work out I'll go back to that.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P1HJC2E The protectors

I'm currently using the same unicorn beetle case. But I have yet to receive my glass SP. Hopefully no problems.

young0ne

Dec 18, 2008
Acworth, GA

Yeah Wow didn't know you was that close LOL yeah it is a small world

swamp2

Feb 4, 2005
San Diego
I ordered the Fosmon one. It installed easily, looked and felt great. Feels just like the screen itself. Unfortunately it began to lift, I guess most call this "halo", although I think this isn't at all the best word for it... It isn't clear if the adhesive is lifting off the device or off of the glass protector itself.

I contacted the seller on Amazon and they promptly sent me a new one, which of course, did the exact same thing. Both of mine consistently lifted only in the upper right hand side but it does grow slowly every day. I contacted them again and they refunded my purchase saying they could not send another protector. I was very complimentary to them about the positives of the screen protector and pointed out that this is likely a design or manufacturing defect. They stated that the manufacturer knows about the defect and are working on a new cut out design to prevent the problem. It's certainly not obvious to me that the cut outs are the problem...

It's really quite hard to believe that there is so much screen protector garbage for sale. Really, these things are like the first Windows smart phones in terms of quality/reliability...

wolfen69

Feb 25, 2012
Woodstock, GA USA
I ordered the Fosmon one. It installed easily, looked and felt great. Feels just like the screen itself. Unfortunately it began to lift, I guess most call this "halo", although I think this isn't at all the best word for it... It isn't clear if the adhesive is lifting off the device or off of the glass protector itself.

I contacted the seller on Amazon and they promptly sent me a new one, which of course, did the exact same thing. Both of mine consistently lifted only in the upper right hand side but it does grow slowly every day. I contacted them again and they refunded my purchase saying they could not send another protector. I was very complimentary to them about the positives of the screen protector and pointed out that this is likely a design or manufacturing defect. They stated that the manufacturer knows about the defect and are working on a new cut out design to prevent the problem. It's certainly not obvious to me that the cut outs are the problem...

It's really quite hard to believe that there is so much screen protector garbage for sale. Really, these things are like the first Windows smart phones in terms of quality/reliability...

Stuff happens, at least you got refunded. I'm hoping my ezguards glass SP is OK. I think it will be delivered tomorrow. Will report back on how it goes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All -

When we manufacture intelliGLASS PRO for the Nexus 6, we apply adhesive the to entire back of the screen protector. If anybody receives one that does not have a full layer of adhesive on the back please let us know at [email protected] we will be sure to take care of you.

Also, just a heads up, it's common for there to be a thin area along each edge that can take 24 to 48 hours before fully adhering. It can sometimes take some time for the silicone adhesive to fully bond within this area due to the curvature of the screen.

Thanks!
    intelliARMOR

Looks like I have to make-good on this. I heard back from our product manager and it turns out I was mistaken. Because the Nexus 6 had rounded edges around the perimeter of the device, the is a small area along the top camera and speaker that doesn't have adhesive. This was done on purpose because of issues with adhesion where the edge starts to taper down in this area.

We add additional silicone adhesive on the back of the intelliGLASS PRO to ensure that it adheres, however sometimes it takes 24 to 48 hours for the adhesive to completely bond with a phone, which is why some might experience a temporary halo.

Our philosophy here at intelliARMOR is we're not happy unless your happy. If you experience any problems or are not happy with intelliGLASS PRO for the Nexus 6 just send us a note at [email protected] and we will be sure to take care of you.

Thanks!
    intelliARMOR
    intelliGLASS PRO

Hi All -

You have all been a great source of info while we reworked the design of our Nexus 6 intelliGLASS. I know it was a wait but we just released our intelliGLASS PRO for Nexus 6 and have setup a special coupon for XDA members. If you enter intelliPRO when checking out at the intelliARMOR website you will save 20% off our new Nexus 6 intelliGLASS screen protector. (if already purchased one just us know and we'll refund you 20% as well).

Thanks guys!
    intelliARMOR
    Guys I think I may have a fix for everyone out there I just stumbled across this has my proximity sensor was not working either until now. What you want to do is go into accessibility under settings and check power button to end call . Somehow when I check this my proximity sensor started working correctly again also after that I unchecked it so put it back to normal and it is still working flawlessly. I believe when you check that it recalibrates the sensor. So could someone else please check this and see if it works for them.. ( I wish I would have discovered this before I lifted up my screen protector like 10 times and messed up most of the edges smh.... )

Also if you do not have anyone to call to check to see if it is working you can use this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tigermonster.proxfinder

Just got my jelly comb.
    Yeah after 8 different screen protectors I'm beginning to think it will be a while before we get a good one.
    This is honestly the first launch phone I have where not one company has gotten any kind or screen protection right.
    I was gonna use it and thought the same thing till I found out it messes with the proximity sensor
    I received the Jelly Comb today, really disappointed
    I also picked this up today. However, my proximity sensor stopped working.

Could one of you try the fix above and see if it works for you.... Assuming you still have a TG protector on
    EZGuardz Review >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKd2aTK1ZNs

This screen protector is almost perfect! I definitely recommend

Hi Res Photos:
    2ijmfc.jpg

260z8ys.jpg

a0jmsz.jpg

110hmyx.jpg

33le58o.jpg

2ccui5f.jpg

15dp4ep.jpg

2v9uhdi.jpg
    here you guys go, perfect install no halos or anything fits great, all spigen cases will work I showed off my ultra hybrid but also have the neo and slim and both work perfect. sp has a nice gap so that all the cases I have work on it no screen lifting like the nillkin sp. intelliarmor killed it with this screen protector.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone