noeldavid

Nov 18, 2014
+1

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Orzly: zero issues.

Y'all will come around

PROS:
*no halo + perfect fit
*crystal clear (screen actually feels nicer too)
*no chips
*no proximity sensor probs

CONS (if this is a con to you):
*doesn't cover the entire front

^until someone comes out with a curved tempered glass to fit ours perfect, the Orzly is the safe option IMO.

DISCLAIMER: I don't work for Orzly nor am I getting paid by them. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6

MIME customer here that posted perfect installation pictures back in page 135 post #1346 in this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=58240632&postcount=1346

I am sad to report that I am having issues with the sensor. When I call someone the screen goes black because the sensor is being blocked by the MIME glass since they did not leave a cut-out for the sensor! The screen will turn on only after the other caller hangs up. Whats worst is that if I call someone who does not pick up and goes into voicemail and I am not able to hang up leaving long voicemail message of me swearing. I solved this by going to ACCESSIBILITY area in the settings and ticking the option of POWER BUTTON ENDS CALL. It does not recalibrate the sensor in my case. I will not be able to use the browser while talking with someone since the screen is black. Any advice on how to solve this problem besides selling my soul to the Orzly sect?

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
MIME customer here that posted perfect installation pictures back in page 135 post #1346 in this thread

I am sad to report that I am having issues with the sensor. When I call someone the screen goes black because the sensor is being blocked by the MIME glass since they did not leave a cut-out for the sensor! The screen will turn on only after the other caller hangs up. Whats worst is that if I call someone who does not pick up and goes into voicemail and I am not able to hang up leaving long voicemail message of me swearing. I solved this by going to ACCESSIBILITY area in the settings and ticking the option of POWER BUTTON ENDS CALL. It does not recalibrate the sensor in my case. I will not be able to use the browser while talking with someone since the screen is black. Any advice on how to solve this problem besides selling my soul to the Orzly sect?

As far as I'm aware, to calibrate the sensor, uncheck the power button ends call setting again & reboot. In my case I just fitted the protector with the phone switched off & it must have recalibrated on powering up. Some have reported that just rebooting works.

kevinh52

Nov 24, 2007

I hate your having this problem on phone calls, and I really like the feel of this MIME glass, it feels real smooth and my finger glides. And I am not having this issue with my mine.

Orzly: zero issues.

Y'all will come around ☺

PROS:
*no halo + perfect fit
*crystal clear (screen actually feels nicer too)
*no chips
*no proximity sensor probs

CONS (if this is a con to you):
*doesn't cover the entire front

^until someone comes out with a curved tempered glass to fit ours perfect, the Orzly is the safe option IMO.

DISCLAIMER: I don't work for Orzly nor am I getting paid by them. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6
Thanks for the review! I have my Orzly coming tomorrow, hopefully my experience will be as positive. The Nexus 6 seems to have the same issue as the Note 4, screens varying from device to device, I hope mine is the same as yours [emoji51]

Reactions: SilkyJohnson

NICEGYPT

Dec 31, 2007
Grovetown
I received my replacement EZgaudz tg, this one has the proximity cutout but if I remember correctly people had trouble with that one as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

can you please post some pic. I got mine and the halo is crazy. I can't stand it anymore.. I just want to know if have the same cut and same version. Thanks in advance.

narezese

Dec 30, 2010
As far as I'm aware, to calibrate the sensor, uncheck the power button ends call setting again & reboot. In my case I just fitted the protector with the phone switched off & it must have recalibrated on powering up. Some have reported that just rebooting works.
I got the same issue with the sensor. Black screens on calls.. xtremeguard.. .. So how do you calibrate the sensor?

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
I got the same issue with the sensor. Black screens on calls.. xtremeguard.. .. So how do you calibrate the sensor?

Try just rebooting. If that doesn't work. Go to settings>accessibility & tick the option for power button ends call. Wait a few seconds, the untick it & reboot.

Keep in mind that if the edge of the screen protector is really close to the proximity sensor, or you have a halo around the sensor, this probably won't work because the sensor will always think its covered.

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
can you please post some pic. I got mine and the halo is crazy. I can't stand it anymore.. I just want to know if have the same cut and same version. Thanks in advance.
If you look close near the top speaker the corners of the tg are slightly raised but other than that is been great!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421788568513.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421788568513.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 1,134
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421788594485.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421788594485.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 1,130
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421788617507.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421788617507.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 1,118
  • uploadfromtaptalk1421788638529.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421788638529.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 1,040

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
If you look close near the top speaker the corners of the tg are slightly raised but other than that is been great!

I don't see the proximity cutout you were talking about. Looks like a big halo over the sensor. Have you had problems with black screen on calls?

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
This is the most insanely difficult phone I've ever owned as far as tgsp go. Here's my summary so far:

xtremeguard - huge halo

mime - small halo, plus no proximity cut out, PLUS it cracked within a week. Totally unacceptable and still waiting to here back from customer service. I sent them pictures a few days ago and haven't gotten a response yet.

jelly comb - best so far for me as far as fit goes, no halo and also correct cut outs for camera and sensors, wish I'd stopped here but when I installed I had a speck of dust that was bothering me, so I bought the mime

Ghostek - big halo, PLUS no cut outs. Their pictures clearly show a nexus 6 and the screen protector with cutouts for camera and sensors but what I took out of the package is cut a lot like the mime, zero cut outs

At this point I'm probably going to keep the ghostek on until Otterbox releases their alpha glass. If it's good I'll get it, if it's like the rest I'll get the Orzly

I really think a big reason why some people have good results and others don't is because it's difficult to place it precisely. There's no real locator spots on the N6 like there are on the iphone. If there was a separate cut out for the camera it might be easier to place the tgsp precisely each time. It seems like if you are just a mm off it'll give you a halo.

Reactions: shivindera

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
This is the most insanely difficult phone I've ever owned as far as tgsp go. Here's my summary so far:

xtremeguard - huge halo

mime - small halo, plus no proximity cut out, PLUS it cracked within a week. Totally unacceptable and still waiting to here back from customer service. I sent them pictures a few days ago and haven't gotten a response yet.

jelly comb - best so far for me as far as fit goes, no halo and also correct cut outs for camera and sensors, wish I'd stopped here but when I installed I had a speck of dust that was bothering me, so I bought the mime

Ghostek - big halo, PLUS no cut outs. Their pictures clearly show a nexus 6 and the screen protector with cutouts for camera and sensors but what I took out of the package is cut a lot like the mime, zero cut outs

At this point I'm probably going to keep the ghostek on until Otterbox releases their alpha glass. If it's good I'll get it, if it's like the rest I'll get the Orzly

I really think a big reason why some people have good results and others don't is because it's difficult to place it precisely. There's no real locator spots on the N6 like there are on the iphone. If there was a separate cut out for the camera it might be easier to place the tgsp precisely each time. It seems like if you are just a mm off it'll give you a halo.

I consider a mm out an absolute disaster when it comes to screen protectors. Call me a perfectionist if you like. When I installed my EZGuard, I fitted it about 0.3mm too far to the bottom & I have a small halo at the bottom speaker. I can tell that if I had fitted it perfect, I would have no halo.

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
Thats my points , it's difficult to place it vs other phones. I guess that's why the orzlly works for everybody, it's small enough that there is some room to err and still be successful.

NICEGYPT

Dec 31, 2007
Grovetown

Thanks for the pic. Mine looks different, the cut is next the camera to the speaker. It's not sticking at all around the speakers. I sent them a massage maybe they will change it for me.

narezese

Dec 30, 2010
Do you have halo covering the sensor? If so that's the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

nope.. Its fine on the side.. Was one on the bottom side..

Try just rebooting. If that doesn't work. Go to settings>accessibility & tick the option for power button ends call. Wait a few seconds, the untick it & reboot.

Keep in mind that if the edge of the screen protector is really close to the proximity sensor, or you have a halo around the sensor, this probably won't work because the sensor will always think its covered.
I tried rebooting even a clean install. I didn't tried the settings option.. I will do once a get the new ones on the mail. Right now im using a dry one but is just like the one the come with the phone.

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
I don't see the proximity cutout you were talking about. Looks like a big halo over the sensor. Have you had problems with black screen on calls?
I haven't put the revised EZgaudz on yet and that's where the protector wouldn't stay down near the top speaker.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Thanks for the pic. Mine looks different, the cut is next the camera to the speaker. It's not sticking at all around the speakers. I sent them a massage maybe they will change it for me.
I haven't put the new EZgaudz on yet that's the old one.

ayvecs

Oct 6, 2009
i received the jelly comb glass protector and applied it. got a halo. applied it perfectly using the hinge method. first time using a glass screen protector. didn't put the other one on my wife's phone and instead used the spigen sgp screen protector. used spigen on my nexus 5 and never had any trouble.

will take off the jelly comb and put the spigen on mine until there is a clear concensus on which glass screen protector has the least issues and goes on perfectly.

Attachments

• 1421845089995.jpg
    1421845089995.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 896
  • 1421845125942.jpg
    1421845125942.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 892
  • 1421845150154.jpg
    1421845150154.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 890
Reactions: natezire71

Nacho~

Aug 14, 2010
Delmar, MD
I've been rocking the orzly glass for about 2 weeks now (since the day I got the phone). This seems to be the only one that fits without any Halo. The problem, though, is that it barely covers the whole screen. if you are any minuscule amount off when applying, part of the screen wont be covered. Not to mention, the entire bezel is exposed (which I understand is the only way to not get the halo effect).

I think I'll be sticking with the orzly as it does the job and doesn't have any halo, plus its cheap and it also fits absolutely perfectly with my Unicorn Beetle Pro on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All -

When we manufacture intelliGLASS PRO for the Nexus 6, we apply adhesive the to entire back of the screen protector. If anybody receives one that does not have a full layer of adhesive on the back please let us know at [email protected] we will be sure to take care of you.

Also, just a heads up, it's common for there to be a thin area along each edge that can take 24 to 48 hours before fully adhering. It can sometimes take some time for the silicone adhesive to fully bond within this area due to the curvature of the screen.

Thanks!
    intelliARMOR

Looks like I have to make-good on this. I heard back from our product manager and it turns out I was mistaken. Because the Nexus 6 had rounded edges around the perimeter of the device, the is a small area along the top camera and speaker that doesn't have adhesive. This was done on purpose because of issues with adhesion where the edge starts to taper down in this area.

We add additional silicone adhesive on the back of the intelliGLASS PRO to ensure that it adheres, however sometimes it takes 24 to 48 hours for the adhesive to completely bond with a phone, which is why some might experience a temporary halo.

Our philosophy here at intelliARMOR is we're not happy unless your happy. If you experience any problems or are not happy with intelliGLASS PRO for the Nexus 6 just send us a note at [email protected] and we will be sure to take care of you.

Thanks!
    intelliARMOR
    intelliGLASS PRO

Hi All -

You have all been a great source of info while we reworked the design of our Nexus 6 intelliGLASS. I know it was a wait but we just released our intelliGLASS PRO for Nexus 6 and have setup a special coupon for XDA members. If you enter intelliPRO when checking out at the intelliARMOR website you will save 20% off our new Nexus 6 intelliGLASS screen protector. (if already purchased one just us know and we'll refund you 20% as well).

Thanks guys!
    intelliARMOR
    Guys I think I may have a fix for everyone out there I just stumbled across this has my proximity sensor was not working either until now. What you want to do is go into accessibility under settings and check power button to end call . Somehow when I check this my proximity sensor started working correctly again also after that I unchecked it so put it back to normal and it is still working flawlessly. I believe when you check that it recalibrates the sensor. So could someone else please check this and see if it works for them.. ( I wish I would have discovered this before I lifted up my screen protector like 10 times and messed up most of the edges smh.... )

Also if you do not have anyone to call to check to see if it is working you can use this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tigermonster.proxfinder

Just got my jelly comb.
    Yeah after 8 different screen protectors I'm beginning to think it will be a while before we get a good one.
    This is honestly the first launch phone I have where not one company has gotten any kind or screen protection right.
    I was gonna use it and thought the same thing till I found out it messes with the proximity sensor
    I received the Jelly Comb today, really disappointed
    I also picked this up today. However, my proximity sensor stopped working.

Could one of you try the fix above and see if it works for you.... Assuming you still have a TG protector on
    EZGuardz Review >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKd2aTK1ZNs

This screen protector is almost perfect! I definitely recommend

Hi Res Photos:
    2ijmfc.jpg

260z8ys.jpg

a0jmsz.jpg

110hmyx.jpg

33le58o.jpg

2ccui5f.jpg

15dp4ep.jpg

2v9uhdi.jpg
    here you guys go, perfect install no halos or anything fits great, all spigen cases will work I showed off my ultra hybrid but also have the neo and slim and both work perfect. sp has a nice gap so that all the cases I have work on it no screen lifting like the nillkin sp. intelliarmor killed it with this screen protector.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone