Tempered Glass Screen Protectors?

Search This thread

NICEGYPT

Dec 31, 2007
Grovetown
So I got a replacement from Ezguardz (Prestige Solution), and I have to say... it is noting but horse crap! this replacement is reverse... the cut out for sensor is on the right side where the camera is at.. leaving a wide gap of not covering anything. Then there's the infamous halo... much much wider than the first one I had. Even with binder clip method, it just pop right back out. Good thing I gave that crap a go first before trying my Jelly Comb replacement later today. Hopefully that won't disappoint me.

Anyone heard any updates from Iloome? I heard while ago they have plans for Nexus 6 but have not seen anything else after their post regarding it on their twitter.

Man :) you exactly said what I really want to say about it lol.... They refunded me by the way, I will look for one that fits good.

zetsumeikuro

Jul 13, 2010
So far I've gotten 2 EZ Guards both are total rubbish.. Massive halo on both with perfect installs each time. I've gotten two Jelly Comb and the 2nd one is the best the corner is lifting a bit tho and very minor halo. Got two skinomis and both were rubbish as well bad halo. They offered me a third and said it is their revision and would take ~2 weeks to get. I just declined at that point and got my money back. Seems at this time the best low cost protector is Jelly Comb, it should be perfect if you apply it correctly the first time. I lifted my corner to get dust out from it, going to try the binder clip and hope it works.

123noob

May 31, 2010
The one on the phone for me now after 4 tries with other TG is Orlyz. No halo, but it is not something I like. Too skinny in term of size coverage. But it will do until Iloome come out with something they had done for the Iphone 6/plus or anyone else out there. OFF TOPIC: The best thing about this phone accessories wise is the cases :p. They have nice looking cases to compliment this awesome device hehe. People loved the way my phone look.

JMacD

Jul 25, 2014
Boston
Zagg Shield for Shamu - glass right size, but not curved

Now I don't know what to do, that mime looks good but so does the otterbox. Also seems like the otterbox will be easier to position because of that camera cutout.

Can anybody confirm that the zagg glass does or doesn't fit well? Halo or no? The zagg way of positioning is great with the two big tabs, I just put one on an iPhone and it was by far the easiest install ever.

My third choice is possibly the zagg hdx, but it's out of stock and nothing on the site about when they'll be available again. For people with the hdx, how does it feel compared to the glass? Zaggs site says the hdx is best in protection and nearly as good as glass for feel and clarity, but I don't know whether I believe them.

First off - I love Invisible Shields - I've been using them on everything for years and have used the replacement program often. (FYI - replacement on any registered product BUT refund only for products ordered directly from ZAGG; Upgrade from HDX to Glass also available) I received the ZAGG Invisible Shield HDX around Jan 14th after placing the order on Dec 12th on ZAGG.com. - I had inquired several times over the month in between and they definitely were not ready when the order was placed. Around that same time, but before I received the HDX, I saw the Glass was available at ZAGG.com, so I ordered that planning to refund the HDX. I had recently applied the Glass to an iPhone 6, a Galaxy S5, and an iPad Mini - all fit amazing and went on in seconds.

I was expecting the HDX to be like to "old" HDX - very sticky and a little tricky to apply well. First thing I noticed was that the HDX box I received directly from ZAGG said "LG Nexus 6" on the box. Then I was surprised not too see the slim squirt bottle of application fluid - just a squeegee and a cloth. Apparently ZAGG has tried to improve the application process of the HDX to equal the Glass (maybe this happened a while ago and I just missed it). I dropped the HDX on my Shamu and was shocked - it barely stuck. There wasn't any bubble - there were just huge portions of the Shield that were not adhering the right and left edges of the screen. I pressed and squeegeed, but it didn't matter. Maybe I got a defective Shield, I thought, but after reading about other screen guards not fitting Shamu, it seems like ZAGG is in the same boat - not ready for Shamu (especially given the "LG" on the box).

I emailed them and got a polite response with refund instructions. They stopped short of blaming Google for the "LG" box label but assured me that the spec's of the Shield were for the Moto.

Regarding the Glass - it went on great and the cut looks about perfect (I don't have a picture right now - will get one if needed **edit: pics attached**). However, the edges on both sides of the front speakers do not stick - they aren't bubbles - the Shield's curve must not match the phone's screen. There are also two other spots along the right and left edge on the screen that are not staying down - the area is about two finger widths down from the top (edge with front camera) at the very edge of the screen. Its been about 4 days, so I don't think the Shield is still "settling", i.e. not expecting a self-correction, which can happen with small bubbles.

Based on what I've read, it doesn't look like there are many better alternatives at this point. I may just request replacement Glass Shields from ZAGG every month or so (the shipping could start to add up) and see if they improve.

Attachments

• N6Shamu_ZaggGlass_edge1.jpg
    N6Shamu_ZaggGlass_edge1.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 840
  • N6Shamu_ZaggGlass_TopEdge.jpg
    N6Shamu_ZaggGlass_TopEdge.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 840
  • N6Shamu_ZaggGlass_edge2.jpg
    N6Shamu_ZaggGlass_edge2.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 846
Last edited:

jhk0215

Dec 7, 2014
Everyone here is complaining about the EZGUARDZ/XTTEMEGUARD having huge halos, so I kinda feel uncomfortable having an almost perfect application of it on my phone...

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
Everyone here is complaining about the EZGUARDZ/XTTEMEGUARD having huge halos, so I kinda feel uncomfortable having an almost perfect application of it on my phone...

Same. I've got an early revision of the EZGuardz without the camera/proximity sensor cutout & apart from one tiny corner near the bottom speaker not sticking properly, its perfect. That one spot not sticking is because I fitted it approx 1/4mm too low. Hope I can order more of this revision, but looks like they've changed it now.

jason504

Mar 3, 2013
I got this one in today off of eBay. The fit is great almost all the way to my case. I cat take a pic of it till my girl gets home. But I have Halo all around but I did screw up putting it on so. I almost dropped it and have a finger print on it lol. I have two more coming in tomorrow. Will take pic and let yall see.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421887927610.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421887927610.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 702

crkdslider

Jul 12, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
www.delsolaviation.com
All of you guys who bought the EZGuard must have some really bad luck. I bought mine when I got the phone the week before Christmas, and it has been perfect ever since. No halo, no nothing. My proximity senor has absolutely ZERO issues, even though the TPG covers it. I guess I am just lucky.

Here is an album I put together of when I got it: https://imgur.com/a/tZUVn

And here is how it looks today:

9CyqTrR.jpg

9ciNdBY.jpg

bkkJZLE.jpg

And bonus pic!

LLoo2F3.jpg

Last edited:

jason504

Mar 3, 2013
All of you guys who bought the EZGuard must have some really bad luck. I bought mine when I got the phone the week before Christmas, and it has been perfect ever since. No halo, no nothing. My proximity senor has absolutely ZERO issues, even though the TPG covers it. I guess I am just lucky.

Here is an album I put together of when I got it: https://imgur.com/a/tZUVn

And here is how it looks today:

9CyqTrR.jpg

9ciNdBY.jpg

bkkJZLE.jpg

And bonus pic!

LLoo2F3.jpg
First of all love your wood back. Dam yours looks real good. Plus the keyboard that lights up. Your just balling over there. [emoji41]

Reactions: crkdslider

boeur

Jan 22, 2015
Alpha Glass Screen Protector for Nexus 6

I got lucky and was able to ordered the Alpha Glass Screen Protector for Nexus 6 from Otterbox. I don't know why it's still saying coming soon. I've been through so many TSGP hopefully this is the one. I'll post some pictures once I get it.

What you bought:
Product Qty Price
MOTOROLA CLEARLY PROTECTED ALPHA GLASS NEXUS 6
Item No: 77-50955
$34.95
What it cost and how you paid:
Order Subtotal $34.95
Shipping $2.33
Shipping Discount ($2.33)
Sales tax $3.15
Order Total $38.10
< PAYPAL
Payment Total: $38.10

mustyrash

Nov 19, 2012
Anyone tried Nillikin Amazing PE+?

Any problems?
It's available for cheap here in my country.

Awaiting responses.

I'm using the eyes care and I have the H+. Both fit and feel good but I have small halo on 1 corner but its no issue

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

bmstrong

Aug 13, 2010
Hoping the OP updates the first post with a poll or summary of the most popular options.

With a screen this size I'm thinking this is a must. The only question is where to start?

spacecasespiff

Jun 27, 2010
I just bought the yootech screen and it sucks. Had good reviews on amazon but its no good. I used the tape method and installed perfectly. But I still have halos all around the phone. So I can't recommend this.

Reactions: yourguitarist

jcarlm

Jun 29, 2010
Indianapolis
I got lucky and was able to ordered the Alpha Glass Screen Protector for Nexus 6 from Otterbox. I don't know why it's still saying coming soon. I've been through so many TSGP hopefully this is the one. I'll post some pictures once I get it.

What you bought:
ProductQtyPrice
MOTOROLA CLEARLY PROTECTED ALPHA GLASS NEXUS 6
Item No: 77-50955
$34.95
What it cost and how you paid:
Order Subtotal$34.95
Shipping$2.33
Shipping Discount($2.33)
Sales tax$3.15
Order Total$38.10
<PAYPAL
Payment Total: $38.10

Where?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
My Jellycomb finally chipped so I had to order a replacement, MIME was out of stock and the ORZLY was 9 bux on Amazon with prime shipping, Ordered a few for the future, been through this with glass protectors and the G2, none will ever be perfect learned this after spending about 200 bux on glass protectors with the g2. The orzly was a safe bet covers all the usuable screen when fitted properly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All -

When we manufacture intelliGLASS PRO for the Nexus 6, we apply adhesive the to entire back of the screen protector. If anybody receives one that does not have a full layer of adhesive on the back please let us know at [email protected] we will be sure to take care of you.

Also, just a heads up, it's common for there to be a thin area along each edge that can take 24 to 48 hours before fully adhering. It can sometimes take some time for the silicone adhesive to fully bond within this area due to the curvature of the screen.

Thanks!
    intelliARMOR

Looks like I have to make-good on this. I heard back from our product manager and it turns out I was mistaken. Because the Nexus 6 had rounded edges around the perimeter of the device, the is a small area along the top camera and speaker that doesn't have adhesive. This was done on purpose because of issues with adhesion where the edge starts to taper down in this area.

We add additional silicone adhesive on the back of the intelliGLASS PRO to ensure that it adheres, however sometimes it takes 24 to 48 hours for the adhesive to completely bond with a phone, which is why some might experience a temporary halo.

Our philosophy here at intelliARMOR is we're not happy unless your happy. If you experience any problems or are not happy with intelliGLASS PRO for the Nexus 6 just send us a note at [email protected] and we will be sure to take care of you.

Thanks!
    intelliARMOR
    intelliGLASS PRO

Hi All -

You have all been a great source of info while we reworked the design of our Nexus 6 intelliGLASS. I know it was a wait but we just released our intelliGLASS PRO for Nexus 6 and have setup a special coupon for XDA members. If you enter intelliPRO when checking out at the intelliARMOR website you will save 20% off our new Nexus 6 intelliGLASS screen protector. (if already purchased one just us know and we'll refund you 20% as well).

Thanks guys!
    intelliARMOR
    Guys I think I may have a fix for everyone out there I just stumbled across this has my proximity sensor was not working either until now. What you want to do is go into accessibility under settings and check power button to end call . Somehow when I check this my proximity sensor started working correctly again also after that I unchecked it so put it back to normal and it is still working flawlessly. I believe when you check that it recalibrates the sensor. So could someone else please check this and see if it works for them.. ( I wish I would have discovered this before I lifted up my screen protector like 10 times and messed up most of the edges smh.... )

Also if you do not have anyone to call to check to see if it is working you can use this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tigermonster.proxfinder

Just got my jelly comb.
    Yeah after 8 different screen protectors I'm beginning to think it will be a while before we get a good one.
    This is honestly the first launch phone I have where not one company has gotten any kind or screen protection right.
    I was gonna use it and thought the same thing till I found out it messes with the proximity sensor
    I received the Jelly Comb today, really disappointed
    I also picked this up today. However, my proximity sensor stopped working.

Could one of you try the fix above and see if it works for you.... Assuming you still have a TG protector on
    EZGuardz Review >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKd2aTK1ZNs

This screen protector is almost perfect! I definitely recommend

Hi Res Photos:
    2ijmfc.jpg

260z8ys.jpg

a0jmsz.jpg

110hmyx.jpg

33le58o.jpg

2ccui5f.jpg

15dp4ep.jpg

2v9uhdi.jpg
    here you guys go, perfect install no halos or anything fits great, all spigen cases will work I showed off my ultra hybrid but also have the neo and slim and both work perfect. sp has a nice gap so that all the cases I have work on it no screen lifting like the nillkin sp. intelliarmor killed it with this screen protector.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone