Tempered Glass Screen Protectors?

Search This thread

smacsteve

Jan 2, 2011
Minneapolis
New Zagg Glass replacement came today!

I have just ordered a Mime Ghost for my Nexus 6 and I'm eagerly awaiting that, but when my Zagg Glass for my Nexus 6 showed up today I decided to give it a go. The current protector was the same and the results on that was pretty similar to what I've been reading from most if not everyone on this thread. But one caught me off guard I must say. It went on and is nearly perfect! And the end result you see pictured is after I removed it and laid it down 2 times! The only reason I did reapply it was to reposition it due to it being just slightly to close to the top. I noted that when one end was closer to than the other that end had a bit more unsealed edge to it. The other end looked perfectly sealed. I concluded that if I could move it down toward the other end just a .5 mm or so it would be very likely to seal like the other end. i was right! I don't know what they did, but Zagg has just won my confidence back over a great deal more! Now if they could only get their Glass for the Note 4 that I have to seal as good as this one, they'd be golden in my book! Enjoy the pics!

IMG_0077-1.jpg

IMG_0076-1.jpg

qUABwV

qC9oFr

Last edited:

mrxeroxman

Jan 3, 2015
I installed yootech. The only halo I have it right top edge near the camera. Is was pretty bad.. I try paper clip , and let it sit overnight , no success. Next , I steam the whole bathroom with hottest water setting while using paper clip , clipped to edge where the halo at for few mins. And Bam!! Success!!! Halo free for weeks . you guys should give that a try.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

The moisture from steam probably make it stick better and using paper clip put pressure around that area.

Last edited:

jerbeck24

Aug 4, 2010
Michigan
I have just ordered a Mime Ghost for my Nexus 6 and I'm eagerly awaiting that, but when my Zagg Glass for my Nexus 6 showed up today I decided to give it a go. The current protector was the same and the results on that was pretty similar to what I've been reading from most if not everyone on this thread. But one caught me off guard I must say. It went on and is nearly perfect! And the end result you see pictured is after I removed it and laid it down 2 times! The only reason I did reapply it was to reposition it due to it being just slightly to close to the top. I noted that when one end was closer to than the other that end had a bit more unsealed edge to it. The other end looked perfectly sealed. I concluded that if I could move it down toward the other end just a .5 mm or so it would be very likely to seal like the other end. i was right! I don't know what they did, but Zagg has just won my confidence back over a great deal more! Now if they could only get their Glass for the Note 4 that I have to seal as good as this one, they'd be golden in my book! Enjoy the pics!

IMG_0077-1.jpg

IMG_0076-1.jpg
Pics aren't showing... Can you repost them? Thanks!

jerbeck24

Aug 4, 2010
Michigan
Not showing? They show on my computer. I'm not sure what the best supported option for this is. I have them on photobucket for the many options of links and the one I used was the "direct" link. What works best?
I'm on my phone (tapatalk)...I've never had problems seeing photos in here. Not sure what you did differently? I can look on my computer later though.

kingston73

Feb 8, 2011
I am not calling anybody a liar, but how is it possible at all to buy an Otterbox alpha glass? The site as far as I can tell doesn't have any type of ordering ability at all.

My ghostek is complete crap, it's lifted even more now than it was on day one. DO NOT buy the ghostek, it's junk. I have an Orzly supposedly being deliverd today, hopefully it's my last tgsp for a while at least.

I'd like to believe the Zagg is good, but I listened to the person who had good luck with the mime and my MIME was no good at all. Also Mime hasn't responded to my complaint at all, so they are off my list for good now. I love how the Zagg installs, I put one on an iphone and those tabs for install are the best idea I've ever seen. Not sure if they have it patented or if other companies just don't want to bother, but it really is the absolute best install mechanism I've ever seen.

Anybody else have good luck with the Zagg? Pictures from other people?

stas333

Feb 2, 2008
I am not calling anybody a liar, but how is it possible at all to buy an Otterbox alpha glass? The site as far as I can tell doesn't have any type of ordering ability at all.

My ghostek is complete crap, it's lifted even more now than it was on day one. DO NOT buy the ghostek, it's junk. I have an Orzly supposedly being deliverd today, hopefully it's my last tgsp for a while at least.

I'd like to believe the Zagg is good, but I listened to the person who had good luck with the mime and my MIME was no good at all. Also Mime hasn't responded to my complaint at all, so they are off my list for good now. I love how the Zagg installs, I put one on an iphone and those tabs for install are the best idea I've ever seen. Not sure if they have it patented or if other companies just don't want to bother, but it really is the absolute best install mechanism I've ever seen.

i have had 3 zagg glass protectors and all do not fit correctly. they send me the hdx temporarily until they figure out what to do with the glass one.

Reactions: kingston73

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
Not showing? They show on my computer. I'm not sure what the best supported option for this is. I have them on photobucket for the many options of links and the one I used was the "direct" link. What works best?
Pics not showing for me either.

smacsteve

Jan 2, 2011
Minneapolis
I can see them just fine---and they look good!

Well, at least someone sees them. Again, I ask... Is there anyone who could point me to what instructional the site has for the links in the pics? I know that mine show up as a full sized picture for me, but some will show as a thumbnail and you click and it enlarges to a view able album. Thanks ahead of time!

mnsportsguy1978

Oct 31, 2010

Why not just use two pieces of tape on the ends of any TG it worked for me.

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
I can see them just fine---and they look good!

Well, at least someone sees them. Again, I ask... Is there anyone who could point me to what instructional the site has for the links in the pics? I know that mine show up as a full sized picture for me, but some will show as a thumbnail and you click and it enlarges to a view able album. Thanks ahead of time!
This is what I see

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422083338833.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422083338833.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 750

smacsteve

Jan 2, 2011
Minneapolis
This is what I see

The problem must have to do with TAP Talk. I don't use it and I find it quite annoying. If you're viewing on your smartphone mostly (or while away from your home computer) why not use the xda app? It works great for me. BTW, I'm posting from a Mac on 10.10.2 with Chrome as my browser if that helps anyone to understand where I'm posting from.

stumpy352

Sep 20, 2011
The problem must have to do with TAP Talk. I don't use it and I find it quite annoying. If you're viewing on your smartphone mostly (or while away from your home computer) why not use the xda app? It works great for me. BTW, I'm posting from a Mac on 10.10.2 with Chrome as my browser if that helps anyone to understand where I'm posting from.

This is what it looks like on the XDA premium app. Still can't see the photos. And still can't click on the links. The pipe format used is not supported.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All -

When we manufacture intelliGLASS PRO for the Nexus 6, we apply adhesive the to entire back of the screen protector. If anybody receives one that does not have a full layer of adhesive on the back please let us know at [email protected] we will be sure to take care of you.

Also, just a heads up, it's common for there to be a thin area along each edge that can take 24 to 48 hours before fully adhering. It can sometimes take some time for the silicone adhesive to fully bond within this area due to the curvature of the screen.

Thanks!
    intelliARMOR

Looks like I have to make-good on this. I heard back from our product manager and it turns out I was mistaken. Because the Nexus 6 had rounded edges around the perimeter of the device, the is a small area along the top camera and speaker that doesn't have adhesive. This was done on purpose because of issues with adhesion where the edge starts to taper down in this area.

We add additional silicone adhesive on the back of the intelliGLASS PRO to ensure that it adheres, however sometimes it takes 24 to 48 hours for the adhesive to completely bond with a phone, which is why some might experience a temporary halo.

Our philosophy here at intelliARMOR is we're not happy unless your happy. If you experience any problems or are not happy with intelliGLASS PRO for the Nexus 6 just send us a note at [email protected] and we will be sure to take care of you.

Thanks!
    intelliARMOR
    intelliGLASS PRO

Hi All -

You have all been a great source of info while we reworked the design of our Nexus 6 intelliGLASS. I know it was a wait but we just released our intelliGLASS PRO for Nexus 6 and have setup a special coupon for XDA members. If you enter intelliPRO when checking out at the intelliARMOR website you will save 20% off our new Nexus 6 intelliGLASS screen protector. (if already purchased one just us know and we'll refund you 20% as well).

Thanks guys!
    intelliARMOR
    Guys I think I may have a fix for everyone out there I just stumbled across this has my proximity sensor was not working either until now. What you want to do is go into accessibility under settings and check power button to end call . Somehow when I check this my proximity sensor started working correctly again also after that I unchecked it so put it back to normal and it is still working flawlessly. I believe when you check that it recalibrates the sensor. So could someone else please check this and see if it works for them.. ( I wish I would have discovered this before I lifted up my screen protector like 10 times and messed up most of the edges smh.... )

Also if you do not have anyone to call to check to see if it is working you can use this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tigermonster.proxfinder

Just got my jelly comb.
    Yeah after 8 different screen protectors I'm beginning to think it will be a while before we get a good one.
    This is honestly the first launch phone I have where not one company has gotten any kind or screen protection right.
    I was gonna use it and thought the same thing till I found out it messes with the proximity sensor
    I received the Jelly Comb today, really disappointed
    I also picked this up today. However, my proximity sensor stopped working.

Could one of you try the fix above and see if it works for you.... Assuming you still have a TG protector on
    EZGuardz Review >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKd2aTK1ZNs

This screen protector is almost perfect! I definitely recommend

Hi Res Photos:
    2ijmfc.jpg

260z8ys.jpg

a0jmsz.jpg

110hmyx.jpg

33le58o.jpg

2ccui5f.jpg

15dp4ep.jpg

2v9uhdi.jpg
    here you guys go, perfect install no halos or anything fits great, all spigen cases will work I showed off my ultra hybrid but also have the neo and slim and both work perfect. sp has a nice gap so that all the cases I have work on it no screen lifting like the nillkin sp. intelliarmor killed it with this screen protector.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone