• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Tempered Glass Screen Protectors

Search This thread

BlueMeany68

Jun 17, 2012
Ormskirk, UK
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
The pre-installed plastic screen protector on mine is getting a bit worse for wear. I'm not sure what route to go down with replacement (currently using a case). Tempted by some more plastic protectors - but then I'm not sure how bad this would deteriorate the actual screen 'experience', as you would imagine that a screen this good needs to be 'unhindered' by cheap protection.
Any suggestions?

Killer007TV

May 26, 2015
Brno

TheInfiniteAndroid

Aug 4, 2016
Don't use Liquid Glass, Mrwhosetheboss made a video on this topic which rendered the liquid glass screen protectors... harsh to say useless, but not worth the price.
Neither are liquid glass, the one you may be referring to is tempered glass but with a loca glue solution to keep the protector applied around the corners as it's curved, but thank you for the heads up

migrodsan92

Jun 24, 2020

sheppy101

May 4, 2015
Ive just bought the expensive one, cause I had Asbellt protector (similar to this one, with glue) on One Plus 7 Pro and it was ****ing amazing, loved it, so I hope this one to be the same...
Please do let me know! I'm in the UK too and have a few of the Hydro gel screen protectors here ready to replace the factory one if needed, and I've a few UV Loca Glue ones coming from Aliexpress. But it'd be good to know how the Ultimate Shield one is [emoji4]

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

runninfuture

Nov 21, 2017
Yes please let us know ! I was willing to buy them cause the nillkin 3d CP+ max are pure garbage ...

They fit with the official kevlar case but as said before touch input / screen's sensitivity is completly off and fingerprints scanner doesn't work with dark wallpaper :/

migrodsan92

Jun 24, 2020
I already got the glue one, gonna install it tonight and will tell you how it feels in 2-3 days

Attachments

• IMG20200714133942.jpg
    IMG20200714133942.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 334

migrodsan92

Jun 24, 2020
Okay, my impressions after installing it. Quality related is very good, same as Asbellt I'd say, probably the best screen protector you can install on Oppo find x2 pro nowadays BUT really important to avoid the mistake I made:

- Level very well the phone before using the glue, the rear cameras will make the phone unstable in the surface and the glue will fall across the screen, use the plastic protector or something to level the phone, or with your hands or whatever but this is very important, I could have installed it a bit better than I did because of this.

- Also, this screen protector doesnt cover 100% of the screen like the Asbellt one did (at least with One Plus 7 Pro). This one covers around 85/90% ratio of the screen, I find it more than enough but still important to say because this was disappointing for me.

Anyway I'd recommend it, its not perfect, I would have liked it to cover 100% of the screen, not 90%, but im quite sure this is the best screen protector you can use on the phone, touch fidelity 100%, like if there was no protector, it will definitely protect your screen from drops, only the protector will break, I say this cause I have a lot of experience with these glue protectors, I bought the One Plus one like 3 or 4 times (2 years of drops and the screen is as the first day, like just taken out of the box) and well, to sum up, the screen protector is not perfect, I'd like Asbellt to produce one themselves but in my opinion this is the best you can buy at the moment.

Last edited:

sheppy101

May 4, 2015
Okay, my impressions after installing it. Quality related is very good, same as Asbellt I'd say, probably the best screen protector you can install on Oppo find x2 pro nowadays BUT really important to avoid the mistake I made:

- Level very well the phone before using the glue, the rear cameras will make the phone unstable in the surface and the glue will fall across the screen, use the plastic protector or something to level the phone, or with your hands or whatever but this is very important, I could have installed it a bit better than I did because of this.

- Also, this screen protector doesnt cover 100% of the screen like the Asbellt one did (at least with One Plus 7 Pro). This one covers around 85/90% ratio of the screen, I find it more than enough but still important to say because this was disappointing for me.

Anyway I'd recommend it, its not perfect, I would have liked it to cover 100% of the screen, not 90%, but im quite sure this is the best screen protector you can use on the phone, touch fidelity 100%, like if there was no protector, it will definitely protect your screen from drops, only the protector will break, I say this cause I have a lot of experience with these glue protectors, I bought the One Plus one like 3 or 4 times (2 years of drops and the screen is as the first day, like just taken out of the box) and well, to sum up, the screen protector is not perfect, I'd like Asbellt to produce one themselves but in my opinion this is the best you can buy at the moment.
Cheers for the info! [emoji4] I've got a few coming from Aliexpress which I only paid a few quid each for, I'm wondering if mine will cover the full screen or be slightly smaller like you've said the one you bought is.

a5ian300zx

Nov 6, 2008
London, UK

I have installed the same one. I would like to add.

I also made a mistake when installing it, did not realise they give more glue than needed (Last UV one I installed had the correct amount of glue) also the top speaker is very close and on a curve so be careful as you could get glue in it.

The UV light quality is very good.

It also comes as Pack of 2 so I have another shot :)

runninfuture

Nov 21, 2017

Thank you both for your detailed review ! Would it be possible to have some photos to have an idea of how it looks once installed ? I'm a bit concerned about the size

Just saw this on Amazon maybe it worths the shot ? https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B087LSGM5P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_AkmfFbJ5ES9ZH

Thank you do much

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.. Sorry to ask, I just bought Oppo Find X2 Pro. As far as I concern, the phone already comes with PET screen protector. My question is do we still need to fit new screen protector? And if do so, do we need remove pre installed PET screen protector if we want to fit new screen protector?
    Many thanks for all kind responses. Appreciate them
    Unless the factory screen protector is damaged I see no need for you to replace it, however if you do decide to replace it, I'd strongly recommend removing the old factory one for whatever new one you buy
    As a alternative to Tempered Glass, these TPU ones are outstanding, feel amazing & fit perfectly!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087M6HBRV
    I already got the glue one, gonna install it tonight and will tell you how it feels in 2-3 days

Sounds good... Any picture?

Less than a millimeter gap on each side. Real estate that isn't important. I purchased a Nillkin tempered glass screen protector made for the Find X2, but it diminished touch input (I had to press harder on the screen to get it to work). The OnePlus 8 is much better.