Tempered Glass

Search This thread

Gigio755

Jul 9, 2013
www.consolelab.org
Jealous! It is a nice screen protector, I just couldn't for the life of me get rid of them bubbles and they didn't go away for me :(

me too, i send it back as faulty .. i don't know if i will buy it again .. i had a LG G4 for 5 years and some months and only some light scratch barely visible after years, so i don't really know if i will buy it again for this Sony :eek:

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
me too, i send it back as faulty .. i don't know if i will buy it again .. i had a LG G4 for 5 years and some months and only some light scratch barely visible after years, so i don't really know if i will buy it again for this Sony :eek:

Glad (in a way) it wasn't just me. After emailing their EU customer service (I'm in the UK) and provided details of the Amazon purchase, they have instigated the refund without me needing to return.

Got these coming today, will update here how I get on though the reviews seem positive:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B085C6MHRC?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Rodders_28

Feb 3, 2010
I bought the GEEMEE ones off Amazon, only ones in stock at the time. But it seems good, nice and smooth. Could do with being 1mm wider, which is being very lucky.

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
Got the xperia mk2 coming tomorrow is the display flat so we can just use a standered tempered glass protector

Coming form the note 10 plus been a nightie for screen protectors

mcawle

Jun 25, 2016
Glad (in a way) it wasn't just me. After emailing their EU customer service (I'm in the UK) and provided details of the Amazon purchase, they have instigated the refund without me needing to return.

Got these coming today, will update here how I get on though the reviews seem positive:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B085C6MHRC?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
How did you find these ones?

I got an Ultimate Shield, it seems pretty good but there are some bubbles I can't get rid of and it has a black border that appears to encroach the screen a bit on the sides. Wondering about replacing with an all clear one and was looking at the ones you reference here.

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
How did you find these ones?

I got an Ultimate Shield, it seems pretty good but there are some bubbles I can't get rid of and it has a black border that appears to encroach the screen a bit on the sides. Wondering about replacing with an all clear one and was looking at the ones you reference here.

Yeah I found that about the Ultimate Shield one, cuts a small bit of the screen off with the border which I too didn't like.

As for this other one, it has a very noticeable outline to it which I also don't like, so currently just doing without and soon I may get a Brotect film screen protector...

mcawle

Jun 25, 2016
Yeah I found that about the Ultimate Shield one, cuts a small bit of the screen off with the border which I too didn't like.

As for this other one, it has a very noticeable outline to it which I also don't like, so currently just doing without and soon I may get a Brotect film screen protector...

Thanks. So the all clear one didn't cover as much of the screen and so was prominently bumpy? Do you use a case?

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Thanks. So the all clear one didn't cover as much of the screen and so was prominently bumpy? Do you use a case?

Yeah I use it a case but really didn't like that outline, it's not very discrete and you can definitely see the screen protector. I don't think it suits it!

cd993

May 8, 2009
London

I had this, here's my review extracted from Amazon:

Fits great but just does not fully adhere. There is not a single speck of dust under the screen protector and so that part of the installation went fine, but despite endless squeegee'ing those bubbles just keep coming back. It's not air that's trapped underneath but instead the screen protector just lifts back up. As you can see, all the bubbles are exactly on the edge of the screen and haven't formed on the bezel etc.

It fits great and feels nice, but the being unable to remove the bubbles is a deal breaker.

Also seems I wasn't the only one, yet a couple of people had faultless installations. Perhaps give it a try and if not, Spigen may refund you like they did with me. Email them directly if so with your order number as this way I didn't have to have the hassle of returning it

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Do not buy anything from BroTect on Ebay, they advertise as being tempered glass screen protectors but in actual fact it's just a sheet of plastic!!

Ah interesting!

Hmm well I'd actually want the film one, but perhaps I'll avoid just in case (or await a review from someone if so...).

I must say though, given I've not got any screen protection on - so far so good! That's not the right mentality I know, but I've kinda got used to going bare

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

I have this one and it is working well. Only downfall is the dot pattern in sunlight is visible.

https://www.mobilefun.com/olixar-sony-xperia-1-ii-full-cover-glass-screen-protector-black-80691

Thanks. Shame about the dots...

kamalaggi

Feb 4, 2008

Fits great but just does not fully adhere. There is not a single speck of dust under the screen protector and so that part of the installation went fine, but despite endless squeegee'ing those bubbles just keep coming back. It's not air that's trapped underneath but instead the screen protector just lifts back up. As you can see, all the bubbles are exactly on the edge of the screen and haven't formed on the bezel etc.

It fits great and feels nice, but the being unable to remove the bubbles is a deal breaker.

Also seems I wasn't the only one, yet a couple of people had faultless installations. Perhaps give it a try and if not, Spigen may refund you like they did with me. Email them directly if so with your order number as this way I didn't have to have the hassle of returning it

I bought the screen protector. It fits perfectly but you need a little patience. There were bubbles when i applied. Takes a little time to get rid of them but afterwards its great. Its also full adhesive.

Reactions: kazuhira_dokky

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
I bought the screen protector. It fits perfectly but you need a little patience. There were bubbles when i applied. Takes a little time to get rid of them but afterwards its great. Its also full adhesive.

Hmmm interesting.... Perhaps I'll give it another try sometime

Cheers

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Essex, England
www.villainrom.co.uk
I got the spigen protector after checking a lot of reviews and this seemed to be the best - used spigen for years for cases so trusted them as a brand anyway.

I have no complaints, fitting was a doddle, entire surface is sticky (meaning bubbles shouldn't occur/can be removed), and fits the phone perfectly, especially if you use a spigen case.

dragion

Jun 14, 2010
Boston, Massachusetts
I have this one and it is working well. Only downfall is the dot pattern in sunlight is visible.

https://www.mobilefun.com/olixar-sony-xperia-1-ii-full-cover-glass-screen-protector-black-80691

I just purchased the same one with the Sentinel case combo.
Still haven't have the chance to see about the dot pattern in the sun since we're experiencing thunderstorms here all day and didn't go out.

Fits the Xperia 1 II perfectly and very easy installation.
Overall, happy with the screen protector.

I previously ordered the Spigen Rugged Armor case and will be returning it since it's still within the return period...no reason to have 2 similar looking cases.

itagouki

Sep 14, 2017
I'm using a cheap 10€ tempered glass bought from a phone shop. We can see the borders don't stick. I might remove it because the display is worse.

Attachments

• DSC00723.jpg
    DSC00723.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

all0gIc

Nov 18, 2010
I find that so strange/annoying that a lot of these case/cover/screen protector companies have very little support for Sony Products. When I contacted them they state that Sony don't sell enough units to make it worth their while, really frustrating!

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 AM ----------

I'm using a cheap 10€ tempered glass bought from a phone shop. We can see the borders don't stick. I might remove it because the display is worse.

What case do you have there dude?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm gonna wait for the tingle fusion x. Been using them for years. They also have lanyard holes

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk

Yep sorry about that.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

So I contacted Ringke and they don't have any plans to make a case for Xperia 1 II

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone