This is the second edit. Thanks to zanakorus33 for providing the tip for modification of the file. Since .bat is not allowed to attach, I put it up as text file.
The following method is applied to both international version (P760) and T-Mobile US version (P769).
- You must install LG United Driver (simply change the phone USB mode to LG mode and install PC Suite).
- You must enable USB debug mode (in developers option) and "unknown sources" (in security option).
[*]You MUST disable Lookout Security (menu->applications->downloaded) and clear its data.
- Download and unpack Root and Restore.
Are you ready? Here it goes:
- Hook up your phone and choose USB LG mode.
- Run Root and Restore->
- (7th edit Download attached modified RunMe_L9.txt, rename the extension to .bat, put the file to where the original "RunMe.bat" is, and run it as "administrator" (right click the .bat file, and run as Administrator).
- You will be prompted to restore data. Look at the phone screen and choose "restore my data" when prompted. Press a key when restoration has finished.
- The phone will reboot. Check the terminal window and check for "(are you rooted?)" error. If there's no error, check the phone to see "Android is updating". If so, the phone should be rooted.
- Download and install busybox and SuperSU.
Happy Rooting! :victory:
First edit: uploaded modified script file (added pause command on running restore part. Press any button after the restore has finished on the phone). Change extension from .txt to .bat (you can review the whole script before renaming to examine). Put the modified file to where RunMe.bat is and run it.
Please give me feedback of this script file.
Thanks zanakorus33 for giving tips for modification
After rooting, install Voodoo Root Keeper so you can preserve root after update.