temporary LG L9 (P760 and P769) rooting/Q&A/accessories thread

Search This thread

fafce

May 18, 2013
Please help me.............

Please help me with my LG Optimus L9 P769 V10g....
I make it the rooting with New Lelus method & Offline Flashing and do it everything wright step by step and the updat is going to 100% the phone reboot and still the same (nothing changed,not superuser,not rooted :( .... )
Can you help me please becouse i do it this 5 night and days in a raw..........
Please tell me some ideas or ways to root my P769 V10g
Thanks

dish53

Aug 6, 2012
L9 P769 stuck in S/W upgrade

Flashed to V20D using offline method and wasn't quick enough moving edited bin file over to appdata phone folder so had unrooted JB.
I tried 2nd time and server stopped and now I'm stuck in s/w upgrade loop - hard reset doesn't work - pulling battery doesn't work. At this point I would love to get phone back rooted or not!

Thanks in advance.:crying:

Nathan.7118391

Jul 30, 2012
Arlington
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ok I can tell you that you are doing something wrong. You have to follow everything top the letter. Do the first post until 9 then go to the other post until ten but don't start the flash. Prepare the bin gimme and get the Linn ready while the download is working. Then you REPLACE the bin file. REPLACE THE FILE. GOOD LUCK!

Sent from my LG-P769(20d) using the xda-developers app. Press the thanks button if I helped you.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Pull battery out then hold the volume up key while inserting in computer. Load the full kdz file to get your phone running again. Then try to root by following each and e every step. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-P769(20d) using the xda-developers app. Press the thanks button if I helped you.

dish53

Aug 6, 2012
I wish I could start over but phone is stuck in s/w upgrade mode and hard reset and removing battery doesnt work. If I try to flash again cannot do all the steps because in s/w upgrade mode and it fails.:confused:

Nathan.7118391

Jul 30, 2012
Arlington
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
no no no, you are not going to do it again it's too late for that. What you are going to do is flash the kdz file in sw mode to get the phone working again. You should have non rooted jb after that. Then you try again with rooting. Good luck.

dish53

Aug 6, 2012
I tried to flash kdz file and had all 3 devices showing in manager so I knew drivers were loaded. Then the update tool shows "0-NotConnected 1-normal connect success 2-Emergency connect success" followed by "usb cable and your cellphone are not connected, connect wait and retry"

dragon_niko

Jun 3, 2013
This is the second edit. Thanks to zanakorus33 for providing the tip for modification of the file. Since .bat is not allowed to attach, I put it up as text file.
The following method is applied to both international version (P760) and T-Mobile US version (P769).

Prerequisite:
  • You must install LG United Driver (simply change the phone USB mode to LG mode and install PC Suite).
  • You must enable USB debug mode (in developers option) and "unknown sources" (in security option).
    [*]You MUST disable Lookout Security (menu->applications->downloaded) and clear its data.
  • Download and unpack Root and Restore.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

Are you ready? Here it goes:
  • Hook up your phone and choose USB LG mode.
  • Run Root and Restore->Runme.bat.
  • (7th edit:) Download attached modified RunMe_L9.txt, rename the extension to .bat, put the file to where the original "RunMe.bat" is, and run it as "administrator" (right click the .bat file, and run as Administrator).
  • You will be prompted to restore data. Look at the phone screen and choose "restore my data" when prompted. Press a key when restoration has finished.
  • The phone will reboot. Check the terminal window and check for "(are you rooted?)" error. If there's no error, check the phone to see "Android is updating". If so, the phone should be rooted.
  • Download and install busybox and SuperSU.
  • Done.
Happy Rooting! :victory:

First edit: uploaded modified script file (added pause command on running restore part. Press any button after the restore has finished on the phone). Change extension from .txt to .bat (you can review the whole script before renaming to examine). Put the modified file to where RunMe.bat is and run it.
Please give me feedback of this script file.

Thanks zanakorus33 for giving tips for modification

Fourth edit:
After rooting, install Voodoo Root Keeper so you can preserve root after update.

sixth edit:

Hi all.
I got all running.
But i got stucked on the part saying "are you rooted?"
Of course, i am not, i am trying to do that, gain rooted acces :(

So i dont know what to do.
I run it serveral times, but nothing happend.

What else i should do??
Thanks!!

kuma82

Jan 19, 2012
Houston
Hi all.
I got all running.
But i got stucked on the part saying "are you rooted?"
Of course, i am not, i am trying to do that, gain rooted acces :(

So i dont know what to do.
I run it serveral times, but nothing happend.

What else i should do??
Thanks!!

This is the old method and was patched by LG when p769g (not sure what the p760 was) came out.
You need to do a kdz flash and swap a bin file while flashing to gain root
Follow this thread by camhendra
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=8677112

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

andras7008

Nov 22, 2011
lg l9 root

Pls help me rooting.
I cant root with this script. For me the phone dont reboot after restore data.
I live in romania, and maybe i have modded lg from vodafone. Pls anyobdy help me: andras7008@yahoo.com.
I tried all method, kdz too.

johnpelham

Jun 25, 2013
Please go to the following link. I was able to root my phone

Pls help me rooting.
I cant root with this script. For me the phone dont reboot after restore data.
I live in romania, and maybe i have modded lg from vodafone. Pls anyobdy help me: andras7008@yahoo.com.
I tried all method, kdz too.

Please go to the following link. I was able to root my phone.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2173465

Then I installed custom CWM from the following link

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2095825

I am not claiming any credit for this but would like to thank the developers of above link.

Please remember in the first link when you are rooting using the Lelus method the problem is unzipping the webserver. Your antivirius will now allow it. I was not sure if I can take a chance on running a unzip without the antivirus running. So I got around this issue by working on a windows Vmware Virtual machine. This way I was not worried even if the VM goes kaput.

Also so far rooting was the most difficult. But with patience it works. Also please read everything. Better safe then sorry.

But after that it worked just fine.

After rooting you need to install the CWM as guided in the second link.

After that for basic upgrade to Jelly Bean you can restore from any of the backups from (based on your model)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2136204

I restored it to V20D P769 by Tablechair (551.2 MB) from post
So now I have JB on my phone.

Cheers
John

piter_praga

Jul 19, 2013
Warsaw
Hello, I have a problem with the OC. SManager crashes mistakes. What to do?

Attachments

• CX7Is7r.jpg
    CX7Is7r.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 274

drewski1969

Apr 16, 2011
P769 Security error

That's because you already have the lastest version... You can try with KDZ..
Download a firmware from here http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=18
I found some info on the net:

1. Disable lg virtual modem in device manager
2. Boot the phone in S/W Upgrade (connected to the pc).
3. Start Windows Enabler and put the icon on "ON".
3. Open kdz in xp compatibility mode (if you are on windows 7).
4. Use type 3GQCT and PhoneMode CS_EMERGENCY in kdz.
5. Select your firmware (.kzd file)
5. Start the update.

I am having this same problem. (tmobile p769) I was on v20f firmware with L9 Recovery Installer by Artas182x. I tried to install this
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2546357
using the [ROOT]Recovery Tools - Flasher on that same page. Well as soon as the phone rebooted I got the security error message.
I managed to get into software update screen and flash a copy of v20D that I had and then installed my L9 Recovery installer.
When I rebooted the phone I could not get into the recovery. The lights flashed as normal but no recovery.
Now here is where I really screwed up. I tried reinstalling the [ROOT]Recovery Tools - Flasher again, and got the security error. I put the phone into software update again but this time the LG firmware installer tells me the phone is not connected. ADB gives me no devices attached and nothing seems to work. The computer knows something is plugged in as I hear windows recognize something being plugged in, but that's as far as it goes.
Have I killed this phone? Or is there something I can do?

veramodz

Nov 28, 2011
Is there any method to root the LG Optimistic l9 P76920h on jellybean ?
I been researching but no luck, unless the old method works

saboteaur

Oct 27, 2013
www.saboteaur.com
P769 SW Recovery

Is there any possible reason why the LGMobile update tool would READ the COM Port where the phone is listening to when in SW mode but the R&D test tool won't???
RDTool fails stating "USB or Port not found", however it really is given the fact the LGMobile tool reads it without any issues.

Thanks in advance.

Lord Saboteaur

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the second edit. Thanks to zanakorus33 for providing the tip for modification of the file. Since .bat is not allowed to attach, I put it up as text file.
    The following method is applied to both international version (P760) and T-Mobile US version (P769).

Prerequisite:
    • You must install LG United Driver (simply change the phone USB mode to LG mode and install PC Suite).
    • You must enable USB debug mode (in developers option) and "unknown sources" (in security option).
      [*]You MUST disable Lookout Security (menu->applications->downloaded) and clear its data.
    • Download and unpack Root and Restore.
      http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

Are you ready? Here it goes:
    • Hook up your phone and choose USB LG mode.
    • Run Root and Restore->Runme.bat.
    • (7th edit:) Download attached modified RunMe_L9.txt, rename the extension to .bat, put the file to where the original "RunMe.bat" is, and run it as "administrator" (right click the .bat file, and run as Administrator).
    • You will be prompted to restore data. Look at the phone screen and choose "restore my data" when prompted. Press a key when restoration has finished.
    • The phone will reboot. Check the terminal window and check for "(are you rooted?)" error. If there's no error, check the phone to see "Android is updating". If so, the phone should be rooted.
    • Download and install busybox and SuperSU.
    • Done.
    Happy Rooting! :victory:

First edit: uploaded modified script file (added pause command on running restore part. Press any button after the restore has finished on the phone). Change extension from .txt to .bat (you can review the whole script before renaming to examine). Put the modified file to where RunMe.bat is and run it.
    Please give me feedback of this script file.

Thanks zanakorus33 for giving tips for modification

Fourth edit:
    After rooting, install Voodoo Root Keeper so you can preserve root after update.

sixth edit:
    Alrighty. I went ahead thanks to your vote of confidence. It all worked out ok for me.

Can we add to the instructions:
    1. Run the batch file as Administrator
    2. When it asks for Encryption key, just press Restore.
    3. This will work on 10E update.
    SUBFORUM for LG.

Originally Posted by sv________
    Can you do me a favor and send me all relevant threads for L9 and I'll make the new forum? We hate have stuff scattered about and would much rather give the L9 a home here!
    Above quote is from my PM.

Trust me all. After the instructions of O2X Developers due to my continuous follow up, I literally found an Admin who can make SUBFORUM for LG L9 (p760, p765, p768, p769, etc) and requested him to make one as soon as possible. He replied (wow, finally) and asked me the list of links of all L9 developement related threads and posts which are scattered at various place. I quickly made a small list and sent him. Lets hope he will create one soon. Thanks in advance to Admin.

Pray and wish us all GOODLUCK. :)
    Basic overclock instructcions

Any chance someone can post a step by step how to for dummies (noobs) to overclock the P769? Please please please!

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

1.) Root your device.

2.) Download to your device "overclock.zip" from this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1961989

3.) Install "AndroZip File Manager" from the Play store.

4.) Run AndroZip and browse to overclock.zip. (Probably /mnt/sdcard/Download .)

5.) tap on the file "overclock.zip" and select "Extract file here".
    (A new directory named "overclock" is created)

6.) Install "ES File Explorer File Manager" from the Play store.

7.) Run ES File Explorer and press your "menu" button then select "settings".

8.) Change these settings:

Home Directory = /

Root settings --> Check all boxes

9.) Press the "back" button until the app exits.

10.) Run ES File Explorer again.
    (Now your root partition "/" should be mounted with read/write permissions.

11.) Browse to the overclock directory. (Probably /mnt/sdcard/Download/overclock/ .)

12.) Long press on the cpu_control.ko file and a menu should open. Select "copy".

13.) Browse to the /system/lib/modules/ directory .

14.) Press "menu" button and select "Operations" then select "Paste" .

15.) Long press on the cpu_control.ko file and a menu should open. Select "Properties".

16.) Press "Change" and check the boxes like this:

User: read write
    Group: read
    Other: read

17.) Perform steps 12-17 on the symsearch.ko file which is also in the overclock directory.

18.) Install "Rom Toolbox Lite" from the Play store.

19.) Run ROM Toolbox Lite and select "Scripter".

20.) Press the "+" symbol in the top right corner and select "Create" to add the overclock script.

21.) Name it "overclock" or whaterver you wish.

22.) In the "Commands:" field enter this:

insmod /system/lib/modules/symsearch.ko
    insmod /system/lib/modules/cpu_control.ko

echo 0 300 980 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
    echo 1 600 1200 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
    echo 2 800 1300 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu
    echo 3 1200 1370 > /proc/cpu_control/tweak_cpu

23.) Your phone will overclock to 1.2Ghz.
    If you wish to overclock higer you can try changing 1200 in the last line to 1300 for 1.3Ghz.

24.) Press the floppy disk in the top right corner to save the script.

25.) Press the overclock script and a menu will open. Select "Run Script".

If everything worked you should see an "exit valut:0" message.
    If you run the script again you will see the same value but with a warning message.
    This is normal since the modules are already loaded.

26.) You can load a cpu monitoring app to see if the overclocking works or just create another script that displays cpu clock info.
    Here is the command for that script:

cat /proc/cpu_control/opp_table_current

27.) After making sure your device is stable you can have the overclock script run automatically at boot.

Press the "overclock" script and a menu will open.
    Press "Set at boot"
    Reboot the device and you will see a notification that the script ran in the notification area of the device at top.

All credits go to iodak and the thread created here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1961989
    I never Buy A Device If There Are Very Less Users.
    But Here Users Are Very Active :D
    Yup,I have knowledge required to build/port roms,though I work slow,but I work efficiently ;)
    It would Be Nice To See A Separate Sub-Forum For This Device :victory:
    So Far Everything Is Positive about this device.
    So Far I Have Contributed For Xperia P|U|Sola|Go|Tipo And MMX Canvas 2:cowboy:
    Regards,
    acervenky,
    XPT
    I posted recovery.img and boot.img and their content in the official page Facebook of ClockworkMod ;) hope they see it and do something :laugh: