• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Temporary Magisk Root on V50 instalation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vlad48

Oct 1, 2007
LG V35
Hi community!
So thanks to @j4nn we have temp root shell on Korean LG V50 and as a next logical step is to deploy and install Magisk.
Thanks to this thread and @logan2611 script I think this is possible and so far using it we were able to achieve Magisk installation status checks as per attached image.
Sadly, we have afterwards trouble with Magisk manager registering and granting needed permissions as per app su request:
Code:
21617 23899 W Magisk  : su: request rejected (10458)
As i do not have LG V50 with me to test and debug it further, leaving the scripts folder used so far and hope that someone with rooted V50 can pick it up and finalize it.
UPDATE: Thanks to @j4nn the solution was found and implemented here
This thread can be closed.

Attachments

• MagiskInstalledTemp1.jpg
    MagiskInstalledTemp1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 803
  • install.log
    1.8 KB · Views: 179
  • V50tempmagisk.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi community!
    So thanks to @j4nn we have temp root shell on Korean LG V50 and as a next logical step is to deploy and install Magisk.
    Thanks to this thread and @logan2611 script I think this is possible and so far using it we were able to achieve Magisk installation status checks as per attached image.
    Sadly, we have afterwards trouble with Magisk manager registering and granting needed permissions as per app su request:
    Code:
    21617 23899 W Magisk  : su: request rejected (10458)
    As i do not have LG V50 with me to test and debug it further, leaving the scripts folder used so far and hope that someone with rooted V50 can pick it up and finalize it.
    UPDATE: Thanks to @j4nn the solution was found and implemented here
    This thread can be closed.