• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Tencent Games version (WW firmware) disadvantages

Search This thread
Hey,
A couple if months ago I got my new ROG Phone 5 and I just discovered that it was thé chinese version and it was already converted to WW firmware and I know that it can't receive auto OTA updates so I was wondering if the original WW ROG Phone 5 (not Tencent Games version) Can receive auto OTA updates.

Thanks by advance :)

yaser86100

Jun 25, 2017
Hey,
A couple if months ago I got my new ROG Phone 5 and I just discovered that it was thé chinese version and it was already converted to WW firmware and I know that it can't receive auto OTA updates so I was wondering if the original WW ROG Phone 5 (not Tencent Games version) Can receive auto OTA updates.

Thanks by advance :)
fingerprint feature work on ur phone?

gr.jatt

Jul 6, 2012
Melbourne
ASUS ROG Phone 5
I got Tencent version preflashed WW rom. Everything works including fingerprint. Done update to latest manually . However internet speed is not as good as my S10+ especially upload. Other than that everything is awesome so far. No error messages nothing. With OTA when I was checking before manually downloading the latest firmware. It was saying that I already have latest version. However it wasn't

gr.jatt

Jul 6, 2012
Melbourne
ASUS ROG Phone 5
Just an update . 1 of the tower was down in the area . I am getting good speed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211105-125256922 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20211105-125256922 (1).jpg
    218 KB · Views: 21

Akkaya34

Jul 27, 2021
Benimki WW rom'daki bir Tencent versiyonu ve ben hiç fark etmedim. Zaten kök salmayı amaçlamıştım, bu yüzden kelimenin tam anlamıyla benim için hiçbir fark yaratmadı.
Pl ve ısı problemi vardı uyumsuzluklar nedeniyle o da 5 kasımda gelen güncellemede halledildi
There was a pl and heat problem, due to incompatibilities, it was fixed in the update that came on November 5th.

Last edited by a moderator:

gr.jatt

Jul 6, 2012
Melbourne
ASUS ROG Phone 5
I am with amaysim which usage Optus network. I am on 4g+ right now. Speed tested was around Malvern area where I work. Around South East say Monash I get around over 100 Mbps. 1 thing to notice. Installation of apps is much faster than any galaxy I have used so far.