Question Tencent. Software update failed [solved by RAW]

Search This thread

udar_molota

Apr 12, 2010
Tel-Aviv
I got my new ROG 6 today, it has WW-32.2810.2206.95 version (build number). I've found a newer version of the software on ASUS official page - WW-32.2810.2206.97 - and downloaded it. But when I'm trying to update I get "System update failed" message. Someone knows the reason? Any permissions for update or something?

Tencent version, only manual updates.

UPDATE: The solution.

Attachments

• cats2.jpg
    cats2.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 397
  • cats1.jpg
    cats1.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:

udar_molota

Apr 12, 2010
Tel-Aviv
Same here just found out that update fail on the new firmware even if I had previously change the finger print settings and and flash global ROM on the cn set
I've heard some new (for me) information: it's possible that manual updates will no longer work. Maybe by RAW file but after PC flashing you'll get HardwareStub notification: "The installed firmware does not match the device origin. Please note that you may not receive any FOTA updates".

Emerald Core

Dec 22, 2015
Abu Dhabi
What do we do? I am stuck at WW-32.2810.2206.95 and can't update to WW-32.2810.2207.134.

Did I miss an update in the middle? I check the official website every day.

Dimains

Aug 16, 2022
Что мы делаем? Я застрял на WW-32.2810.2206.95 и не могу обновиться до WW-32.2810.2207.134.

Я пропустил обновление в середине? Каждый день проверяю официальный сайт.
Что делать?

udar_molota

Apr 12, 2010
Tel-Aviv
The full 5gb one? You mean factory reset?
We should be able to increment the updates tbh
Idk why, but I still can't update, getting error.
I've tried yesterday's new UL-ASUS_AI2201-ASUS-32.2810.2207.134-1.1.1-2207-user.zip same error.
And I think after reflashing raw (yes, it's factory reset too) we will be able to make manual updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news!
    I've got modified RAW 134 version from SuperGLX store seller from AliExpress. This version changes all CN to WW in more places. After installing this version (you can use flash_AFT.cmd - no wipe) you can download today's new 160 update from ASUS website and update your phone by just putting the update zip file into the root folder and restart your phone.
    Important: this raw can help you only if you bought Tencent with Global (WW) ROM. Not for those who had CN version and trying to convert it to WW.
    You make it difficult for yourself: D
    1) you don't open anything (restart your smartphone, and as soon as it turns off, hold down the volume up button)
    2) yes
    3) yes, if you will make updates using RAW file, then select flash_all (then you do not lose data)

Ps. Make sure you have the correct adb drivers on your pc / laptop so there is no exclamation mark next to your android device
    Just "flashall_AFT", not "flash_all". I think so)
    I have the same problem. Did anyone check if the Chinese edited the "COUNTRY" file from CN to WW (I haven't checked yet). After entering the combination (.98765 + =) in the calculator. Shows the Country Code WW.
    View attachment 5695357

But the HW devices app shows the CN product.
    View attachment 5695359
    On Rog phone 5, Tencent version, I have WW in both cases.

Just to check it carefully, you would have to unlock the bootloader, root, install rootexplorer and check the "VENDOR / FACTORY / COUNTRY" files and select "Text viewer". If there is CN, change it to WW. Click on the 3 dots on the right and select save. If it is WW, then I still have no idea what may be blocking updates
    This time it's different, that's all I know. The problem is in this thing, I think. But you can change it only on rooted phone. Product properties are still CN.
    I was able to upgrade from 95 to 134 with your RAW files, no data loss (thank you), and oddly enough it shows here that we have "Country" WW.
    View attachment 5695395
    This is very strange, and as we write, it will not be possible without rooting ROG 6 and manually changing the COUNTRY file to WW
    I think we just will wait until someone will find out how to fix this. For now the RAW files are the only no-root option.
    You have to unlock bootloader then it works.
    Buddy, don't be misleading. YOU DO NOT NEED TO UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER to install the RAW file. I installed RAW files on ROG 2/3/5/6. When the smartphone had the booloader locked and it always worked, it was only later that I unlocked the botloader to install the rootexplorer to edit the COUNTRY file from CN to WW