Question Termux: Linux with graphics working

Search This thread

sosimple

Aug 20, 2017
Greece
www.youtube.com
Does installing Linux in Android 14 rooted still works? If anyone knows any quide which works. I tried some but doesn't working. I tried andronix app to install moded Ubuntu but when past the link to termux to download it, it doesn't do anything now..
Thanks,

sosimple

Aug 20, 2017
Greece
www.youtube.com
I haven't succeeded in installing Linux (I haven't try much yet), but I installed mobox emulator and working fine. It runs windows apps. It uses wine for this.. To get full screen , i set resolution 1280x1024 and screen mode:exact.
I installed notepad++ to try and working fine. It see a folder in Android downloads folder so you can past the .exe windows installation file there, to install.
Keyboard and mouse pad working.

I installed from there:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But keep in mind, rooting will 1. Brick your KNOX chip permanent 2. Without KNOX chip, apps like secret folder, samsung pass and few more will stop working. 3. To root you need to unlock the bootloader which triggers the knox chip and permanently disables it and it cannot be recovered or enabled again since knox chip has a tiny fuse inside itself so when bootloader is unlocked it will burn the thin copper thread inside fuse and snap off that will permanently disable knox and this would also void your warranty when knox chip gets triggered and disabled.

So take time think about it before doing it. Do you want warranty or not? Do you want to lose those apps that you may want to use later or already using?
    Unfortunately, due to this issue: https://gist.github.com/agnostic-ap...#how-to-disable-the-phantom-processes-killing , you're going to need to root if you want to run Linux desktop apps on ANY Android 12 device.

Once you root your Tab S8, install Linux Deploy (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.meefik.linuxdeploy), run it and install whichever distro you like (I chose Kali), and Remote Desktop Manager (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devolutions.remotedesktopmanager) to connect to it via VNC

The only settings I had to change in Linux Deploy was changing the installation type to Directory and the installation path to
    Code:
    ${ENV_DIR}/rootfs/linux
    , but your mileage may vary depending on what distro you want to install. If you want to use your Android filesystem from Linux, enable mounts and mount /data/media/0 to /mnt/android.

I haven't messed with PulseAudio, because I really just wanted full LibreOffice. Let me know if you get it to work. You may also want to go into GUI settings in Linux deploy and change the resolution to 1920x1200, but again it depends on your distro chosen.
    Here's the Termux discussion about it here: https://github.com/termux/termux-app/issues/2366

Trust me that I spent a lot of time looking into it and there are no workarounds. You MUST root to use Linux in Android 12, period. Termux is no longer viable for background processes (like an X server), but you can still use it to do stuff interactively (working directly in your shell with Termux never losing focus). Your background processes will eventually get murdered by the OS and your X session will just suddenly go poof. It's sad too, because I really liked Termux.
    You should just probably wait until you've had your tab s8 long enough that you're satisfied it won't need to be returned and are willing to void the warranty by rooting it. Come back to playing around with linux then. Until then, just install linux in a VM on one of your computers and VNC into it with your tablet.
    Wait... Even with root, termux-x11 will still not work, won't it? It's a problem from android 12 itself.
    I don't want to use VNC since it's too slow.
    Hello,
    I want to use Linux on my Galaxy Tab S8+ through Termux and proot distro (Arch, actually).
    (...)
    If you are still interested in Linux (for example, Ubuntu) on a smartphone, then take a look at the thread full of inspiration.