Question Terrible battery drain then not syncing with phone related to Android 13?

Search This thread

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
Over about the last week my Watch4 Classic (SM-R890) went from lasting about 2 1/2 days on a charge to well less than a day. I could not figure out what was going on. I ended up resetting my watch and uninstalling/reinstalling all software on phone. After this I could not setup/sync watch to phone. I did everything I saw on-line to resolve this issue. No luck. My watch is unusable. I saw some reports on-line that there are issues with Watch4 and Android 13. It then occurred to me that I started having the battery issues about the time I updated my phone ( Pixel 6 Pro) to Android 13. Is anyone else here having battery/sync issues since updating to Android 13?

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
So I was able to setup watch finally. Surprisingly I was able to setup watch correctly when I disabled wifi on my phone. I have no idea on why this worked. After resetting my watch and uninstalling/reinstalling all software on phone I sill have battery issues. Definitely well less than a day. Last night as I slept I lost about 50% battery and I had bedtime mode on. Two weeks ago I would lose 5 - 8% overnight with bedtime mode. Other people are having this issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/wqo3iu
https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/x6fb76
I'm not running Samsung health on phone. This is apparently probably not a watch software or watch hardware issue. This is being reported with multiple wearos devices across manufacturers (Like TWP3). It appears to be related to Android 13.

Is there anyone here that has Android 13 on their phone who is not having battery issues?

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
Not that anyone cares based based on replies but apparently the Sept. Android 13 update addresses Bluetooth issues.
https://9to5google.com/2022/09/06/android-13-pixel-september-update/

I'm in US on Verizon. Apparently Verizon updated yesterday (9/12) the Pixel 6 Pro (TP1A.220905.004.A1). I keep checking for update, not yet. It is definitely Bluetooth issue with Android 13. I turned off Bluetooth on my phone and battery on watch is same as before Android 13 update. Hoping update fixes....

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
I received the Android 13 Sept. update (TP1A.220905.004.A1) and sadly this does not fix the issue. Such a bummer. You would think that Google would get this fixed. Given this is an issue with other wearos watches I wonder if this will impact the Pixel Watch...

fliptwister

May 12, 2010
Fixed issue. After trying many things ultimately it ended up the issue was related to updating from Android 12 to 13 instead of clean update. When I factory reset my phone the watch's battery life is back to normal. It was not Google Assistant or Samsung Health.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed issue. After trying many things ultimately it ended up the issue was related to updating from Android 12 to 13 instead of clean update. When I factory reset my phone the watch's battery life is back to normal. It was not Google Assistant or Samsung Health.
    I am on the Android 13 beta on my Samsung S22 Ultra with the Watch 4 Classic. The watch has the latest load on it since I was on the watch beta. I have had no issues with my watch not lasting at least a full day. I have seen no difference from Android 12 to Android 13.