• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Tesla Style Headunits

Search This thread

antdawe84

Jun 23, 2020
Any ideas

Hi everyone. There’s not many forums out there to ask this and from the pages I’ve read you guys seem knowledgeable.

I’ve also never used android before so have no idea how to troubleshoot.

I have a Tesla style from Kirinavi

My issue is my Spotify app or Apple Music app will play music for about ten seconds the crash back to the main screen.

Is this something anyone has come across before?

Thanks

antdawe84

Jun 23, 2020
Quick update

Hi everyone. There’s not many forums out there to ask this and from the pages I’ve read you guys seem knowledgeable.

I’ve also never used android before so have no idea how to troubleshoot.

I have a Tesla style from Kirinavi

My issue is my Spotify app or Apple Music app will play music for about ten seconds the crash back to the main screen.

Is this something anyone has come across before?

Thanks

Quick update to this. Since uninstalling Apple Music Spotify works flawlessly.

I do get the same issue with Netflix now. It opens. Plays for a couple of seconds then boom it crashes back out.

What could cause this?

Crwys

Apr 1, 2013
Does anyone have the APK's they can share for the External Cameras and AV In for the Tesla Stereo PX6? My Vehicle is the GX460 but I'm hoping that won't matter if it comes from a different vehicle. When I first bought the stereo I had the apps then after doing the update I lost the apps.

One of the apps allows you to view the Right Camera / Front Camera.

The other app allows you to view whatever is plugged into your Video In plug on the stereo. Like a DVD Player or something.

Dawk Knight

Jul 7, 2020
No GPS signal and no factory 360 and backup/camera

Hello everyone. I recently got the tesla like radio installed in my 2017 Infiniti qx50. I have no satellite signal for gps and backup/360 camera doesn't show a picture. It shows the lines and the sensors work but the screen is blank. Any suggestions or help?

Leighm0

Apr 2, 2007
Perth
Hello everyone. I recently got the tesla like radio installed in my 2017 Infiniti qx50. I have no satellite signal for gps and backup/360 camera doesn't show a picture. It shows the lines and the sensors work but the screen is blank. Any suggestions or help?

I recently got a PX6 for my Toyota Landcruiser.. I also had an issue with my 360 cameras and I managed to work it out.. not sure if yours is the same type of unit / plugs involved, but here is what my issue was, the back of the PX6 unit I have, had a Blue LVDS port. Cables inside my dash there were two LVDS cables, a Blue LVDS cable and White LVDS cable. First I tried connecting the Blue thinking that should be the correct cable, I got no Signal, then I tried the White and same deal. Then I had a look at all other cables and found there was a Yellow video RCA Output cable hanging from the larger Grey cable which was plugged into the same section where the LVDS port is. So I then connected that Yellow Video Output RCA to the Yellow "Camera" Input RCA up in the top section of the unit where the "AV-In" harness is.

However, using the Blue LVDS Cable did nothing, but then I swapped over to the White LVDS cable and boom... 360 camera system showed up when I hit Reverse or manually press my 360 cameras button on dash!

Let us know which unit you have in your QX50, and what the ports look like on the back and your in-dash cables and I will see if its similar/same...

As for your GPS Signal - are you using the supplied GPS or your Infiniti factory GPS? I found the supplied GPS they sent with mine was rather slow to connect to all satellites (a good 2-5 minutes).. you can watch the status of this in the Settings > GPS Signal page... make sure your GPS antenna has clear vision where you have mounted it (has trouble getting through objects)..

Reactions: Dawk Knight

Dawk Knight

Jul 7, 2020
I recently got a PX6 for my Toyota Landcruiser.. I also had an issue with my 360 cameras and I managed to work it out.. not sure if yours is the same type of unit / plugs involved, but here is what my issue was, the back of the PX6 unit I have, had a Blue LVDS port. Cables inside my dash there were two LVDS cables, a Blue LVDS cable and White LVDS cable. First I tried connecting the Blue thinking that should be the correct cable, I got no Signal, then I tried the White and same deal. Then I had a look at all other cables and found there was a Yellow video RCA Output cable hanging from the larger Grey cable which was plugged into the same section where the LVDS port is. So I then connected that Yellow Video Output RCA to the Yellow "Camera" Input RCA up in the top section of the unit where the "AV-In" harness is.

However, using the Blue LVDS Cable did nothing, but then I swapped over to the White LVDS cable and boom... 360 camera system showed up when I hit Reverse or manually press my 360 cameras button on dash!

Let us know which unit you have in your QX50, and what the ports look like on the back and your in-dash cables and I will see if its similar/same...

As for your GPS Signal - are you using the supplied GPS or your Infiniti factory GPS? I found the supplied GPS they sent with mine was rather slow to connect to all satellites (a good 2-5 minutes).. you can watch the status of this in the Settings > GPS Signal page... make sure your GPS antenna has clear vision where you have mounted it (has trouble getting through objects)..

Thank you for responding! I got the Gps to work! I'm using the Gps antenna that came with the radio (installer said it didn't have a choice) and the plug came a loose. As far as the 360 camera, I Have the 2 yellow plugs together and it has the track lines but no image. It's one square like it would only show the back camera though. I will try to see what all of the plugs will do tomorrow. Don't think I remember seeing any lvds cables but I'll look again and give them a try. I have the Px6 as well for the 2017 Infiniti Qx50.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

PHP:

Eb7CPu9jUaJKYKgU9

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Thank you for responding! I got the Gps to work! I'm using the Gps antenna that came with the radio (installer said it didn't have a choice) and the plug came a loose. As far as the 360 camera, I Have the 2 yellow plugs together and it has the track lines but no image. It's one square like it would only show the back camera though. I will try to see what all of the plugs will do tomorrow. Don't think I remember seeing any lvds cables but I'll look again and give them a try. I have the Px6 as well for the 2017 Infiniti Qx50.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

PHP:
Eb7CPu9jUaJKYKgU9
I'm also unfamiliar with the Lvds cables you are talking about.

Leighm0

Apr 2, 2007
Perth

PHP:
Eb7CPu9jUaJKYKgU9

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I'm also unfamiliar with the Lvds cables you are talking about.

LVDS may be only in certain vehicles (possibly just Toyota, im not sure)... If you can send me URL of which head unit you purchased, I could possibly look up what cables / harness came with it and give you some ideas.. FYI - the yellow track line you see on the screen when you pull up the reverse camera, is set by the head unit - it is not from the camera feed from your vehicle.. for mine I had to disable that track line as it didnt match up to my reverse camera/360 camera feed, and my vehicle had its own track lines provided with the camera feed.

So I had a bit of a search for Infiniti QX50 2017 tesla screens.. can you confirm if your tesla radio looks like this front/back.. or if not, if you could find a link to what one yours is...

If so.. assuming you have the following cables included:

looking at as much as I can in these small photos they provide... the large harness (1) appears to have a few yellow RCA cables shown at the top left of the harness in this photo.. these are usually the camera feed which gets its video feed from one of the larger white connectors from your vehicles normal harness cables... then for my vehicle (and i assume yours too), you would then plug in the yellow RCA cable from the large harness (1) that is most likely labeled video out (or something "out") to a video in harness cable (number 7 or 8 in the photo - whichever one would say Camera In).

Last edited:

Dawk Knight

Jul 7, 2020
Thank you for posting the pics!!!! That is the exact unit. Thank you for the suggestions! Maybe I need to try to plug the yellow "camera in" plug into all of those abbr see what happens.

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

LVDS may be only in certain vehicles (possibly just Toyota, im not sure)... If you can send me URL of which head unit you purchased, I could possibly look up what cables / harness came with it and give you some ideas.. FYI - the yellow track line you see on the screen when you pull up the reverse camera, is set by the head unit - it is not from the camera feed from your vehicle.. for mine I had to disable that track line as it didnt match up to my reverse camera/360 camera feed, and my vehicle had its own track lines provided with the camera feed.

So I had a bit of a search for Infiniti QX50 2017 tesla screens.. can you confirm if your tesla radio looks like this front/back.. or if not, if you could find a link to what one yours is...

looking at as much as I can in these small photos they provide... the large harness (1) appears to have a few yellow RCA cables shown at the top left of the harness in this photo.. these are usually the camera feed which gets its video feed from one of the larger white connectors from your vehicles normal harness cables... then for my vehicle (and i assume yours too), you would then plug in the yellow RCA cable from the large harness (1) that is most likely labeled video out (or something "out") to a video in harness cable (number 7 or 8 in the photo - whichever one would say Camera In).

Thank you for posting the pics!!!! That is the exact unit. Thank you for the suggestions! Maybe I need to try to plug the yellow "camera in" plug into all of those abbr see what happens.

Leighm0

Apr 2, 2007
Perth

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

sure no worries.. let us know how it goes... that is what I had to do with mine, as the seller was not very helpful and provided no instructions. I basically had to do a bunch of trial and error until I found the camera feed.

Dawk Knight

Jul 7, 2020

I'll do it later today and let you know how it goes. Thanks again! You were very helpful.

Dawk Knight

Jul 7, 2020

Hello, I've tried every plug in that I could and still no image for the backup camera. My 360 cam button doesn't even work when I press it. I plan to check the fuses to see if those are intact.

Leighm0

Apr 2, 2007
Perth
Hello, I've tried every plug in that I could and still no image for the backup camera. My 360 cam button doesn't even work when I press it. I plan to check the fuses to see if those are intact.

Sounds like they didnt include the cable harness that supports your 360 camera type / OEM wiring that used to feed that to your old HU.. I would either return it to where you purchased from, or ask them to supply the correct harness (if you confirmed with them that 360 degree camera system would work when you purchased)..

For mine I talked to the seller I got it from first, and asked them about my 360 degree cameras, and other functions I knew I wanted to make sure were retained.. they double checked everything with their technicians first and they said I'd need to get the newer px6 model which had DSP and CANbus decoder builtin, HDMI output (for my rear screen entertainment system), and it included the correct input cable harnesses that would allow the functions I wanted, including 360 degree cameras, from my vehicles OEM cabling.. the only "native" function which would not operate was DAB+ Radio, as they dont have a model yet which has that built-in, so advised if I wished to keep that I would have to grab a DAB+ USB dongle.

Dawk Knight

Jul 7, 2020
Sounds like they didnt include the cable harness that supports your 360 camera type / OEM wiring that used to feed that to your old HU.. I would either return it to where you purchased from, or ask them to supply the correct harness (if you confirmed with them that 360 degree camera system would work when you purchased)..

For mine I talked to the seller I got it from first, and asked them about my 360 degree cameras, and other functions I knew I wanted to make sure were retained.. they double checked everything with their technicians first and they said I'd need to get the newer px6 model which had DSP and CANbus decoder builtin, HDMI output (for my rear screen entertainment system), and it included the correct input cable harnesses that would allow the functions I wanted, including 360 degree cameras, from my vehicles OEM cabling.. the only "native" function which would not operate was DAB+ Radio, as they dont have a model yet which has that built-in, so advised if I wished to keep that I would have to grab a DAB+ USB dongle.

Yes. I talked to the seller I got it from first and asked them about my 360 degree cameras and other functions I knew I wanted, to make sure were retained. I sent in the car, model, year, plus of dashboard, ect. They are sending another unit but I believe it's the same px6 model. Where did you purchase your radio from? They seem to be more thorough. Also...what is dab+ radio? I keep hearing about that?

Leighm0

Apr 2, 2007
Perth
Yes. I talked to the seller I got it from first and asked them about my 360 degree cameras and other functions I knew I wanted, to make sure were retained. I sent in the car, model, year, plus of dashboard, ect. They are sending another unit but I believe it's the same px6 model. Where did you purchase your radio from? They seem to be more thorough. Also...what is dab+ radio? I keep hearing about that?

I got mine from Aliexpress (The seller was XUENAV, but I think the ones for my car are all the same unit from same factory - ZhiFang, so it didnt really matter who I got it from, I just shopped around for the best price on what was available, and also who kept responding to messages quickly - however from what I've heard they can go quiet after purchase, luckily this seller did not and they constantly responded to my queries post-sale).

But, I am also returning my head unit.. I am really sad to return it however, as everything in my unit worked 100% and I had very little dramas (I just didn't know how to hook up the cables for my 360 cameras) and once I had worked that part out it was all smooth sailing and I was keen to root the device and get custom firmware on it, however the HDMI output does not work and the seller (and whoever they talk to that they say is their 'technician') cannot figure out what the issue is, so they have asked me to send it back to them.. I tried to talk to Sergey on FB but he has no experience with the HDMI output interface.. I have tried also to troubleshoot it myself using the Terminal shell, however without rooting the device I am very limited... and I did not wish to root the device since I need to return it now - don't want them refusing to replace or refund if I return the device and they find out I rooted it at some point..

I have rear entertainment screens for the kids and had planned on using youtube etc for them on long trips.. I used to run a roku/google tv box direct to the screens however not being able to see what is currently playing (without having to get out of the drivers seat and go look) was the annoying part of running a roku/google box separately, being able to see whats currently playing on the rear screens and controlling it from my head unit is more ideal...

DAB+ is digital audio broadcast radio that we use here in Australia, and I believe Europe (and around 20 other countries) have it also. It is basically what HD Radio is "quality" wise in the USA.. its not entirely the best reception in a lot of areas over here.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_radio

Last edited:

Dawk Knight

Jul 7, 2020
I got mine from Aliexpress (The seller was XUENAV, but I think the ones for my car are all the same unit from same factory - ZhiFang, so it didnt really matter who I got it from, I just shopped around for the best price on what was available, and also who kept responding to messages quickly - however from what I've heard they can go quiet after purchase, luckily this seller did not and they constantly responded to my queries post-sale).

But, I am also returning my head unit.. I am really sad to return it however, as everything in my unit worked 100% and I had very little dramas (I just didn't know how to hook up the cables for my 360 cameras) and once I had worked that part out it was all smooth sailing and I was keen to root the device and get custom firmware on it, however the HDMI output does not work and the seller (and whoever they talk to that they say is their 'technician') cannot figure out what the issue is, so they have asked me to send it back to them.. I tried to talk to Sergey on FB but he has no experience with the HDMI output interface.. I have tried also to troubleshoot it myself using the Terminal shell, however without rooting the device I am very limited... and I did not wish to root the device since I need to return it now - don't want them refusing to replace or refund if I return the device and they find out I rooted it at some point..

I have rear entertainment screens for the kids and had planned on using youtube etc for them on long trips.. I used to run a roku/google tv box direct to the screens however not being able to see what is currently playing (without having to get out of the drivers seat and go look) was the annoying part of running a roku/google box separately, being able to see whats currently playing on the rear screens and controlling it from my head unit is more ideal...

DAB+ is digital audio broadcast radio that we use here in Australia, and I believe Europe (and around 20 other countries) have it also. It is basically what HD Radio is "quality" wise in the USA.. its not entirely the best reception in a lot of areas over here.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_radio
That is very unfortunate!! You hooked your car up!!! Your setup sounds extremely cool!! I hate you have to return it. I hope everything goes smoothly for you with the return.

I miss my Hd radio on my old radio unit. I can definitely hear the difference.

apocalypse_bg

May 27, 2010
Huawei Mate 20 X
Hello All,

after long deliberations I've finally made the jump to one of those units and to be honest so far it's been a great disappointment, as mainly the sound and bluetooth are utter crap. I'm still considering whether not to return the unit or try to look for a partial refund (30 days since puchase).*

it's a PX6/4GB RAM/64GB ROM with RL78 MCU, Android Pie 9. Don't have root (is it possible to root it all?)

Copied over EventCenter.Apk and Settings.apk, but I cannot understand how to extract the password for the factory settings... @ramathorn1982 or @ShIvADeSt as you appear to be the most knowledgable, can you please give some hints how to proceed ?

ramathorn1982

Apr 21, 2015
Hello All,

after long deliberations I've finally made the jump to one of those units and to be honest so far it's been a great disappointment, as mainly the sound and bluetooth are utter crap. I'm still considering whether not to return the unit or try to look for a partial refund (30 days since puchase).*

it's a PX6/4GB RAM/64GB ROM with RL78 MCU, Android Pie 9. Don't have root (is it possible to root it all?)

Copied over EventCenter.Apk and Settings.apk, but I cannot understand how to extract the password for the factory settings... @ramathorn1982 or @ShIvADeSt as you appear to be the most knowledgable, can you please give some hints how to proceed ?
I'm not sure how to extract the PW, but try 7890 and 666888.

Conversely, you can install a 3rd party launcher (Like Car Launcher Pro) and bypass the password altogether.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

apocalypse_bg

May 27, 2010
Huawei Mate 20 X
I'm not sure how to extract the PW, but try 7890 and 666888.

Conversely, you can install a 3rd party launcher (Like Car Launcher Pro) and bypass the password altogether.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Those ones I've tried and they don't work.... I'll try car launcher pro, I've tried another Activity Launcher to get past the lock screen, however i guess the necessary activity is not being started.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are some small updates.

First: Rooting via Kingroot is possible.

Second: I've managed to get the SystemApps and found the Bundle ID's com.choiceway for the launcher and com.szchoiceway for other apps like radio. But google it, did not bring any results :mad:
    Further I was able to decompile the settings APK and extract all factory Pin codes. For now, I won't post it public, to keep the risk that the manufacturer maybe changes them, as low as possible. But if you are interested in them, you can PM me anytime. If interest is increasing, I will post them here of course.
    Looking to root mine for more themes mine was only shipped with 2. Not sure which firmware to go with? I want to be on the latest firmware I can get on. Any help much appreciated

Here's my unit info:

You have already the most fresh firmware (april 2019). You can google about using ADB wifi to get root for your device. But You need to know theme numbers to add to customer.xml for selection. Or You can download Phoenix Radio stock firmware with unlocked themes. Also You can buy custom firmware with unlocked themes and more features.
    Make your choice :)
    I've been working on my 7.1.1 HU to get it to look and work how I like it but without using 3rd party software.
    This keeps it as fast and slick as possible... boots instantly from sleep with radio or music playing before I've started the engine.
    It uses a page of the top bar for 'what's playing' and GPS speed even when using maps or whatever. You can still scroll left<>right to bring up the shortcut icons as normal.
    Also changed the Radio to show the station name in large rather than frequency (which is now in the top bar)
    Big thanks to ShIvADeSt for the help on the top bar programming :good::good:
    For completeness, I'll show you the images ive changed on my unit, and list the mods done so far.

1) Changed the stereos 'boot screen' to the attached BootScreen.jpg
    2) Changed the stereos 'home screen logo' to the attached ZXWLOGO.png
    3) Modified EventCenter.apk to fix multiple typos and spelling/grammar mistakes
    4) Modified MusicPlayer.apk to remove 'Lyrics', make a single colour, fix some spelling/grammar mistakes, enlarge font sizes, change font colours, change player control buttons and their positions
    5) Currently trying to work on editing the TPMS app, but having issues when trying to install/update it after the mods.

PS: If you want to have a go at the modded MusicPlayer, you can checkout the git repo I setup, and build it using apktool

https://bitbucket.org/wishie/musicplayer-tesla-style-android-car-stereo/src/master/
    where is this option?

There is no such option. Need root and manually change some files.