Tesla Style Headunits

Search This thread

tractable

Oct 8, 2011
I just purchased one of these for my LC200 2014. The OBD wire with connector is giving an issue, when i connect it to obd port, car rpm meter started showing zero and ABS, airbag light turn on. This wire has only two connectors, how you handled this wire? Pl. See below video.

CruzeRSLT

Nov 12, 2020
Somewhere In USA
Like what
The Km on speedo and Celsius on temp control. My other Cruze has one as well, it sounds awful but has settings for the climate control and speedo, while my other unit sounds killer but no settings. Everytime I've tried to update it, I get this:
20201229_183622_HDR.jpg

nickman529

Dec 25, 2012
Southaven, MS
Mine sounds perfect and has settings inside factory settings (code: 8888) for the temp and speed unit formats. Ill post some pics in a few. Strangely i cant update at all. its greyed out for me. I did manage to get the bootloader unlocked. No root yet

CruzeRSLT

Nov 12, 2020
Somewhere In USA
Mine sounds perfect and has settings inside factory settings (code: 8888) for the temp and speed unit formats. Ill post some pics in a few. Strangely i cant update at all. its greyed out for me. I did manage to get the bootloader unlocked. No root yet

Wish mine did, I bought one on Amazon and had the settings under Perimeter Protocol Settings but this one no luck. I think I've tried almost every update but they all say not compatible. I think I'm going to try and find a different coreboard. I've only found one seller but I'm pretty sure it's same as what I've got.

bogdanalex

Oct 2, 2020
I have this unit for my Opel Astra J and it has that AC bottom bar that cannot hide. How hard is to tamper with it and make a SHOW/HIDE functionality? Do you know where to look for? I have to say that whatever Launcher I use, the bar is still there

8227L.jpg

kaiser10

Aug 30, 2012
Hello everyone I just got my new tesla px6 head unit for my 2007 toyota LC 100. I got lots of issues after installing it. Backup camera, climate control, no sound, and the Airbag are not working. When I select the vehicle type the are about 8 different types of land cruisers, I tried all the LC 100 but none fix my issues. Any suggestions where to start? Thank you
20210115_140446.jpg

kaiser10

Aug 30, 2012
These units use a Rockchip RK3188/PX3 which can take up to 2GB RAM. MTCB/C/D units also use this chipset and several of us in the MTCB forums have bought new RAM chips and upgraded to 2GB, from the pics it looks very likely that these units would take the same RAM modules.
I'm sorry I am new here, how do you know if you have an MTCB unit?
This is my unit
20210115_140446.jpg

GegoPL

Mar 21, 2021
hello, i'm new and writes through translator, i come from poland .. i bought a tesla for mondeo mk4, i don't like the appearance of the launcher, there are no widgets ...
I installed another launcher but I would like to get rid of the bar at the top and the air conditioning bar to hide.
did someone do something about it? or is it possible to upload something else?

adds 2 photos with the original soft and with the car launcher installed (I would like to get rid of the marked one)
20210301_122631.jpg
20210318_140915.jpg

marcus82

Apr 29, 2015
Monza
hello, i'm new and writes through translator, i come from poland .. i bought a tesla for mondeo mk4, i don't like the appearance of the launcher, there are no widgets ...
I installed another launcher but I would like to get rid of the bar at the top and the air conditioning bar to hide.
did someone do something about it? or is it possible to upload something else?

adds 2 photos with the original soft and with the car launcher installed (I would like to get rid of the marked one)View attachment 5256373View attachment 5256375
if you root the head unit, you can remove systemUi.apk to remove both tha bars but you will lose also status bar, volume etc...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looking to root mine for more themes mine was only shipped with 2. Not sure which firmware to go with? I want to be on the latest firmware I can get on. Any help much appreciated

Here's my unit info:

You have already the most fresh firmware (april 2019). You can google about using ADB wifi to get root for your device. But You need to know theme numbers to add to customer.xml for selection. Or You can download Phoenix Radio stock firmware with unlocked themes. Also You can buy custom firmware with unlocked themes and more features.
    Make your choice :)
    I've been working on my 7.1.1 HU to get it to look and work how I like it but without using 3rd party software.
    This keeps it as fast and slick as possible... boots instantly from sleep with radio or music playing before I've started the engine.
    It uses a page of the top bar for 'what's playing' and GPS speed even when using maps or whatever. You can still scroll left<>right to bring up the shortcut icons as normal.
    Also changed the Radio to show the station name in large rather than frequency (which is now in the top bar)
    Big thanks to ShIvADeSt for the help on the top bar programming :good::good:
    For completeness, I'll show you the images ive changed on my unit, and list the mods done so far.

1) Changed the stereos 'boot screen' to the attached BootScreen.jpg
    2) Changed the stereos 'home screen logo' to the attached ZXWLOGO.png
    3) Modified EventCenter.apk to fix multiple typos and spelling/grammar mistakes
    4) Modified MusicPlayer.apk to remove 'Lyrics', make a single colour, fix some spelling/grammar mistakes, enlarge font sizes, change font colours, change player control buttons and their positions
    5) Currently trying to work on editing the TPMS app, but having issues when trying to install/update it after the mods.

PS: If you want to have a go at the modded MusicPlayer, you can checkout the git repo I setup, and build it using apktool

https://bitbucket.org/wishie/musicplayer-tesla-style-android-car-stereo/src/master/
    where is this option?

There is no such option. Need root and manually change some files.
    There are some small updates.

First: Rooting via Kingroot is possible.

Second: I've managed to get the SystemApps and found the Bundle ID's com.choiceway for the launcher and com.szchoiceway for other apps like radio. But google it, did not bring any results :mad:
    Further I was able to decompile the settings APK and extract all factory Pin codes. For now, I won't post it public, to keep the risk that the manufacturer maybe changes them, as low as possible. But if you are interested in them, you can PM me anytime. If interest is increasing, I will post them here of course.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone