Tesla Style Headunits

Search This thread

роман гр

Feb 14, 2017
in settings you can change cars and screensavers, I bought a tape recorder on toyota camry 40 and I is not working climate control

Wadyas2009

Feb 6, 2017
Hi Guys,

Has anyone tried using the ODBC connection for performance measuring apps. All apps I've tried do not recognise the ODB connection. I tried with a external Bluetooth ODB adapter the device does not connect to this either (my phone does) my issue is that if I disconnect the ODB from the unit them my reverse camera does not work? As currently showing the rpm is useless. There are apps that can track many others details.

Sep 8, 2015
Does anyone know how to get these units into recovery mode? I made some changes to mine, and now it's stuck at the boot screen, and for some reason I can't use ADB, my laptop doesn't even detect that it's connected USB. (Nothing new shows in Device Manager.) I already installed the Rockchip drivers.

Side note, the 2nd file isn't truly a 5.1.1 update, it's still 4.4.4 but it changes to build.prop to make it THINK it's 5.1.1.

Airwin13

Jan 14, 2016
Does anyone know how to get these units into recovery mode? I made some changes to mine, and now it's stuck at the boot screen, and for some reason I can't use ADB, my laptop doesn't even detect that it's connected USB. (Nothing new shows in Device Manager.) I already installed the Rockchip drivers.

Side note, the 2nd file isn't truly a 5.1.1 update, it's still 4.4.4 but it changes to build.prop to make it THINK it's 5.1.1.
Until now I have tryed all kind of key combinations, but didn't find out how to enter the recovery mode. But there is an other way. You have to create a bootable microSD Card with the latest update.img. The microSD slot is inside the main unit. So you have to open it up. But its only 4 or 5 screws. Then you get access to the slot and there should already be a microSD card inside. So you can use that card to make it bootable.

How to do that is descriped here http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=704934&st=1140#entry44581689 Maybe you have to use the Google Translator.

I already did it wihout my unit and it worked for me. But i needed to try 2 or 3 different microSD cards until the Flashtool recognized*it.

Hope you can fix your problem that way.

Sep 8, 2015
Until now I have tryed all kind of key combinations, but didn't find out how to enter the recovery mode. But there is an other way. You have to create a bootable microSD Card with the latest update.img. The microSD slot is inside the main unit. So you have to open it up. But its only 4 or 5 screws. Then you get access to the slot and there should already be a microSD card inside. So you can use that card to make it bootable.

How to do that is descriped here http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=704934&st=1140#entry44581689 Maybe you have to use the Google Translator.

I already did it wihout my unit and it worked for me. But i needed to try 2 or 3 different microSD cards until the Flashtool recognized*it.

Hope you can fix your problem that way.

I think my main unit is different. My "host" looks like this, and there's no SD slot to be found.

Sep 8, 2015
Maybe on the display part? Or is there any other circuitboard? Because at the last picture I can't identify the CPU. On my unit, the microSD slot is near the CPU chip.

I can check in the display panel, my CPU is apparently tied into the CANBUS card, in the corner of the picture, and not visible, but there is no SD slot there. I am going to check underneath the motherboard and in the display itself today and see what I can find.

Sep 8, 2015
This is what it looks like behind the display with the main cover off.

IMG_1256.jpg

Sep 8, 2015
I just disassembled all of it, there is no MicroSD slot of any kind on the unit. Of course the seller won't tell me how to get into recovery mode either.

Airwin13

Jan 14, 2016
Thats bad. The only thing that I can suggest in this case at the moment is, maybe you can tray to create a bootable USB Stick instead of a bootable microSD card. Have you tried that already?

Wadyas2009

Feb 6, 2017
Factory Reset

Hey Wadyas,

you are right, 1GB of RAM is really not the optimum, 2GB would be way better. But I think typos1 is also right and an RAM upgrade should be possible. If you are interested in that, I can took a picture of the other side from the mainboard, there you can see the RAM.

Where do you see thats its version 5.1.1? Could you make a screenshot? Until now I have only seen KitKat Versions of these units, would be cool if they updated it.

I rooted with the Kingroot.app. But you should be careful with that, once rooted its very hard to get rid of the Kingroot App again. Factory reset does not help in this case.

I think you should trust the Android information screen. The YXZ/2G Info is, as far as i know until now, only a string inside the Navisettings.apk and outputs the info depending on the vendor set in the customer.xml. So I would say its fake and your unit also has 1GB of RAM. You could also check it with the CPU-Z App.

Hi, any idea on how to factory reset these units, I'm having some weird issues, when playing radio app all speakers work, if I play through YouTube then only the front speakers? Also why do these units relay on the ODB connection for reversing? I wanted to use a Bluetooth device for some ODB tool Andriod programs but even even when I test this the unit cannot pick the Bluetooth ODB adapter.

Reactions: Cme99
Sep 8, 2015
Thats bad. The only thing that I can suggest in this case at the moment is, maybe you can tray to create a bootable USB Stick instead of a bootable microSD card. Have you tried that already?

I tried using the RockChip tool to create a bootable USB, but the program crashes whenever I click "Create" if I have "SD BOOT" selected.

kthejoker20

Jun 18, 2008
Kenosha
Last edited:

waelmsabdelghani

Feb 20, 2015
Tesla style headunit low brightness in daylight

Hi,
Can anyone advise how to increase the brightness of the screen in daylight?
I put the day setting at max but still not fully visible.
Some third party app showing brightness 80% but unit setting 100% .
I rooted the unit and tried brightness apps but can't override the unit setting.
Appreciate your help.

IIABODEII

Oct 11, 2010
Hello. I have a similar unit. Mine is 12 inches, 2gb ram, 32gb storage. it shows Android 6.0.0 but I am fairly sure it's 4.4 because when I click android version few times, it shows kitkat logo. Anyway, I have some issues with the device but before I go ahead and tell you about my problems, I will show some pictures of the device. (please excuse the mess as i am messing with the unit in my place)

(pictures in the attachment)

Attachments

• 20170628_003750.jpg
    20170628_003750.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 2,775
  • 20170628_003854.jpg
    20170628_003854.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 2,807
  • 20170628_004052.jpg
    20170628_004052.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 2,761

cederron

Sep 15, 2008
Barcelona
Hello, I have one of these too, mine is 1gb ram, from Wanusual shop in Aliexpress.
I have decompiled some system apps and found out the passwords for Factory settings and the developer options settings. Also rooted it with KingRoot.
What im trying to do is connect via ADB but so far when i connect a Male/male USB cable from pc to usb host ports nothing happens.
Did Someone tried it?

uig

Jul 9, 2009
Good afternoon! I have a similar device for the Toyota Prado 150 car of the 2012 release year.There is a firmware for it and firmware for mсu.

The firmware lies here ___https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Hmrx/zdidtf2go

If this helps you then I will be happy to help.

Here is the look of my device

8463e851a3213d763337aa279bf250dd.png

76cdd029c87e82cd00633c52bf3be3fa.jpg

2017_08_31_005.jpg

Last edited:

pablomaes

May 19, 2007
Hello, this week I received my unit, in my case for a Chevrolet Cruze.
It is similar to the one put by @IIABODEII above, with two units, a central one with the connection of the power and other cables and the separate screen that is connected to the central unit.
After the installation in my car, everything seemed to work properly, but once I turned the car off, when I started it again, the screen no longer turns on.
The strange thing is that the car sounds like the door sensor, reverse or flashing, works.. but the screen does not.
I tried to press the reset button that comes on the screen, but nothing happens.. so i guess energy is not passed to this unit.

Of course I have warned the seller and I am waiting for an answer .. we will see ... maybe it is just a loose cable inside or maybe the unit has some problem .. I have not wanted to open it ... waiting for what tell me the seller.

But it does not look good .. I do not know what it could be ...??

hadak

Nov 6, 2006
Hi Guys ! I'm looking for one for my Volkswagen Touareg MK1 (2004). I have to find a manufacturer who can make/market one. Any help would be great. The central console of the Touareg has enough space to hold a big screen. Here is a pic of the console (not mine, google image)
04touareg_4.jpg

lio524

Aug 4, 2016
Full screen

Does any one know how to remove system bars from top and bottom to enable full screen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are some small updates.

First: Rooting via Kingroot is possible.

Second: I've managed to get the SystemApps and found the Bundle ID's com.choiceway for the launcher and com.szchoiceway for other apps like radio. But google it, did not bring any results :mad:
    Further I was able to decompile the settings APK and extract all factory Pin codes. For now, I won't post it public, to keep the risk that the manufacturer maybe changes them, as low as possible. But if you are interested in them, you can PM me anytime. If interest is increasing, I will post them here of course.
    Looking to root mine for more themes mine was only shipped with 2. Not sure which firmware to go with? I want to be on the latest firmware I can get on. Any help much appreciated

Here's my unit info:

You have already the most fresh firmware (april 2019). You can google about using ADB wifi to get root for your device. But You need to know theme numbers to add to customer.xml for selection. Or You can download Phoenix Radio stock firmware with unlocked themes. Also You can buy custom firmware with unlocked themes and more features.
    Make your choice :)
    I've been working on my 7.1.1 HU to get it to look and work how I like it but without using 3rd party software.
    This keeps it as fast and slick as possible... boots instantly from sleep with radio or music playing before I've started the engine.
    It uses a page of the top bar for 'what's playing' and GPS speed even when using maps or whatever. You can still scroll left<>right to bring up the shortcut icons as normal.
    Also changed the Radio to show the station name in large rather than frequency (which is now in the top bar)
    Big thanks to ShIvADeSt for the help on the top bar programming :good::good:
    For completeness, I'll show you the images ive changed on my unit, and list the mods done so far.

1) Changed the stereos 'boot screen' to the attached BootScreen.jpg
    2) Changed the stereos 'home screen logo' to the attached ZXWLOGO.png
    3) Modified EventCenter.apk to fix multiple typos and spelling/grammar mistakes
    4) Modified MusicPlayer.apk to remove 'Lyrics', make a single colour, fix some spelling/grammar mistakes, enlarge font sizes, change font colours, change player control buttons and their positions
    5) Currently trying to work on editing the TPMS app, but having issues when trying to install/update it after the mods.

PS: If you want to have a go at the modded MusicPlayer, you can checkout the git repo I setup, and build it using apktool

https://bitbucket.org/wishie/musicplayer-tesla-style-android-car-stereo/src/master/
    where is this option?

There is no such option. Need root and manually change some files.