[TEST] Dolby Atmos equalizer for OxygenOS 11 (without root!)

Search This thread

DxNawazzz

Feb 18, 2015
Hey Guys Cool its working on 8 pro but we Oneplus 8 users facing issues like app crashing on android 11 build no. 11.0.2.2.IN21DA

levrik

Dec 7, 2020
May I ask what is different with the app here compared with the one from APK mirror? How can I trust this app here?

alek889

Apr 5, 2014
San Juan
Hi, I wrote a similar thread some time ago in the section for OnePlus 7 Pro, but the Dolby Atmos app that ran on OxygenOS 10 doesn't work on OOS 11, therefore I'm creating a new, separate thread.

Here is guide how to install it:

Step 1: Download "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" to your computer, then enable USB debugging on your phone, then connect the phone to the computer and run the file "cmd-here", which you will find in the folder with ADB and Fastboot.

Step 2: Now you need to debloat the Dolby Atmos system controller, to do this, you must enter the following commands in the fastboot console: (don't forget to allow USB debugging on your phone! After connecting the phone to the computer, the phone will ask you if you allow it)
Code:
adb shell
pm uninstall --user 0 com.oneplus.sound.tuner
If all went well, then you should see the message "Success" in the console, now you need to restart the phone, when it reboots, you will not find the "Dolby Atmos" in the phone's settings and thats okay.
If you don't do it then the Dolby settings will reset once in a while, e.g. after a system reboot, that's why you had to do step 1 and 2 first before downloading the application.

Step 3: Install Dolby Atmos app!

You can also restore Dolby system settings at any time using this command in adb shell, but I don't recommend doing it if you want to use another Dolby control app:
Code:
cmd package install-existing com.oneplus.sound.tuner

Mirror link: Google Drive
Full credits for that app goes to @reiryuki {Mod edit}
You should change the treat title to "Root",cause all the "working steps" are for rooted devices.

Reactions: Clark789

Marcuss4

May 12, 2015
You should change the treat title to "Root",cause all the "working steps" are for rooted devices.

This is actually not true..
I managed to get this working on OxygenOS 10.
Exactly the same steps and I have not rooted my oneplus 8..

On OxygenOS 11 the app force closes. Maby this new apk will work.

sirioo

Sep 28, 2011
Naples
it doesn't work after format system with root. before formatting the system it worked with root. Can't open dolby app ..

edit :

started working again o_O

Last edited:

aidrabmol

Apr 4, 2008
Laxe, A Coruña
After upgrade my OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren to Android 11 the Dolby Atmos doesn't work too. I reinstalled the original app and it continues without equalizer. Sound is good but without low frequencies in my earphones. I need the complete app again and I don't want to root my phone.

PerCompLLC

Apr 11, 2010
Round Hill, Virginia
OnePlus 9 Pro
Question... Is there any way to force the DaxUI to start on the custom tab? Dynamic equalizer resets to flat every time the app launches for me and I have to manually select "custom" for my equalizer settings to activate.

superchilpil

Sep 26, 2009
Texas
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nubia Red Magic 6
OP, encouraging the usage of such an old ADB and Fastboot package is not a good idea.
You might not think it matters, but the Fastboot binary in that package isn't compatible with this phone.
So worst case a user with minimal knowledge could download those, and assume that they don't need to download the newer ones from google, then soft brick their phone using those tools without any indication why the binaries aren't working.

You should always point them to using the ones provided from google. You no longer need to download the whole SDK to get the binaries and that's why Minimal ADB and Fastboot stopped getting updated

Zeshan13356

Jun 14, 2020
OnePlus 7T
Sir
On oneplus 7t android 11, the Dolby Atmos apk without root is not working. Please tell me what should i do now.
I installed Dolby Atmos from your thread but also not working.
Please do needful.

Thanx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I wrote a similar thread some time ago in the section for OnePlus 7 Pro, but the Dolby Atmos app that ran on OxygenOS 10 doesn't work on OOS 11, therefore I'm creating a new, separate thread.

Here is guide how to install it:

Step 1: Download "Minimal ADB and Fastboot" to your computer, then enable USB debugging on your phone, then connect the phone to the computer and run the file "cmd-here", which you will find in the folder with ADB and Fastboot.

Step 2: Now you need to debloat the Dolby Atmos system controller, to do this, you must enter the following commands in the fastboot console: (don't forget to allow USB debugging on your phone! After connecting the phone to the computer, the phone will ask you if you allow it)
    Code:
    adb shell
    pm uninstall --user 0 com.oneplus.sound.tuner
    If all went well, then you should see the message "Success" in the console, now you need to restart the phone, when it reboots, you will not find the "Dolby Atmos" in the phone's settings and thats okay.
    If you don't do it then the Dolby settings will reset once in a while, e.g. after a system reboot, that's why you had to do step 1 and 2 first before downloading the application.

Step 3: Install Dolby Atmos app!

You can also restore Dolby system settings at any time using this command in adb shell, but I don't recommend doing it if you want to use another Dolby control app:
    Code:
    cmd package install-existing com.oneplus.sound.tuner

Mirror link: Google Drive
    Full credits for that app goes to @reiryuki {Mod edit}
    this doesn't work for me. Once I install the app. I can't open it. It just crashes when i click on it.
    HI.

Same here. I did exactly what you mentioned and did not work at all.
    Anyone knows how to install Dolby Atmos and get it working on Android 11 without root?

The installation guide in the OP won't work for me....

Thx in advance!
    Clark
    Finally found a working dolby. I use the latest alpha and works like a charm. Extracted and ported from 8 in2015 from visible. Credits to the dev. (You need to freeze/uninstall dolby atmos app built into your rom) not the dolby 11 app.

https://github.com/reiryuki/Dolby-Atmos-OnePlus-8-Visible-Magisk-Module/releases

That's awesome if your rooted, but this thread is trying to help none rooted users like we used to be able to on A10. It's a shame, I've seen a few for rooted users!