• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Test Kernel

Search This thread

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
I build a kernel for s2 and n7105. I'd like to extend support to n7100. This is an anykernel TEST zip just to check on potential issues before I open a thread. Normally the kernel would provide dual boot but again this is just a test. Should work on either TW or AOSP as my source allows for both. Again for n7100 only. Please backup EFS at minimum as I do not own the device and have no way to test. Thanks and please leave feedback. Normally Stweaks is supported but I have to add it to the ramdisk and I just used anykernel for now to avoid having to setup dual booting ramdisk until I know the kernel itself is working

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cio9t6rc5ho4rg5/Shift_7100_anykernel.zip?dl=0

Mike0505

Jan 31, 2014
Welcome to N7100. Dual boot option sound awesome, also watching DT thread. But with dual boot also need dual recovery ? Thank you , will try later and report.

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Could it be compatible with 4.4.4 port, would be great :confused:

Should be

Welcome to N7100. Dual boot option sound awesome, also watching DT thread. But with dual boot also need dual recovery ? Thank you , will try later and report.

Yes dual boot will require a specific recovery. This is just a minimal test, no ramdisk, no anything. Features are there if you use devil control app but I use stweaks in real releases

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Azhery and Mike0505

Mike0505

Jan 31, 2014
Installation failed :
Please upgrade to latest binary...
asert failed: getprop(9ro.product.device") == "p880" || ..... .....
at end
status 7 installation aborted

Reactions: bijoy91

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Installation failed :
at end

Using philz? turn off the the binary check and it'll flash. Or just change the binary in the meta folder with one from a newer rom

Nevermind, I'll fix it. Be home before long. Any kernel zip needs edited. Thought I changed it, missed a line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike0505

yogesh324

Jul 29, 2010
Pune
@rogersb11 first of all thank u for ursupport just tried to flash the kernel first I got the same error as other people then changed the binary still the same error I checked the updater script and it was failin in the first line I.e assert ... the device was shown as p880 so I removed the assert line and was able to successfully flash the kernel but unfortunately my phone didnt boot at all... I tried almost everything like intalling the stock kernel also replacing the mali bolbs also flashin this kernelover agni and nadia still noluck in bootin.... maybe u posted the kernel forwrong device.... hope this washelpful and eagerly waintin for next test version

Thank u

Reactions: rogersb11

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
@rogersb11 first of all thank u for ursupport just tried to flash the kernel first I got the same error as other people then changed the binary still the same error I checked the updater script and it was failin in the first line I.e assert ... the device was shown as p880 so I removed the assert line and was able to successfully flash the kernel but unfortunately my phone didnt boot at all... I tried almost everything like intalling the stock kernel also replacing the mali bolbs also flashin this kernelover agni and nadia still noluck in bootin.... maybe u posted the kernel forwrong device.... hope this washelpful and eagerly waintin for next test version

Thank u

It's for the correct device. Should have booted if you changed those things. What rom were you running?

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Ok guys, here is another test kernel. This time is SHOULD have full dual boot support for both samsung and aosp. You will NOT be able to dual boot however without my recovery which I will build if the kernel is working. Stweaks support included. Please try out on both Samsung ROM and AOSP ROM and report back. Backup EFS first as it's untested and I don't have the device. Thanks in advance guys

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6y7jmrkiv3j22za/Shift-3.2-N7100.zip?dl=0

Reactions: gregsoir

yogesh324

Jul 29, 2010
Pune
Ok guys, here is another test kernel. This time is SHOULD have full dual boot support for both samsung and aosp. You will NOT be able to dual boot however without my recovery which I will build if the kernel is working. Stweaks support included. Please try out on both Samsung ROM and AOSP ROM and report back. Backup EFS first as it's untested and I don't have the device. Thanks in advance guys

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6y7jmrkiv3j22za/Shift-3.2-N7100.zip?dl=0

hi i tried ur kernel with latest slimwiz rom but the kernel causes the phone to boot loop it doesnt even get to samsung startup animation logo

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
hi i tried ur kernel with latest slimwiz rom but the kernel causes the phone to boot loop it doesnt even get to samsung startup animation logo

OK. Ramdisk most likely needs modified to support this. Mainly cm11/aokp and a standard kk touchwiz rom need tested. I'll add more support to ramdisk later

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I build a kernel for s2 and n7105. I'd like to extend support to n7100. This is an anykernel TEST zip just to check on potential issues before I open a thread. Normally the kernel would provide dual boot but again this is just a test. Should work on either TW or AOSP as my source allows for both. Again for n7100 only. Please backup EFS at minimum as I do not own the device and have no way to test. Thanks and please leave feedback. Normally Stweaks is supported but I have to add it to the ramdisk and I just used anykernel for now to avoid having to setup dual booting ramdisk until I know the kernel itself is working

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cio9t6rc5ho4rg5/Shift_7100_anykernel.zip?dl=0
    Could it be compatible with 4.4.4 port, would be great :confused:

Should be

Yes dual boot will require a specific recovery. This is just a minimal test, no ramdisk, no anything. Features are there if you use devil control app but I use stweaks in real releases

OK. Ramdisk most likely needs modified to support this. Mainly cm11/aokp and a standard kk touchwiz rom need tested. I'll add more support to ramdisk later

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Installation failed :
    at end
    Closed per OPs request