[TEST][trltetmo] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

_mone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2015
London
http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F3EjEEit.png

Lineage OS Android Distribution

CyanogenMod LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
/* Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

After the usual introduction..

Hi there! We are trying to bring up trltexx and trltetmo to official nightly builds of LineageOS. We would like to know from whoever flash this build if there are major issues.. if you find something, please, report it (with a logcat would be great).

Download:
- test#1 lineage-14.1-20170202-UNOFFICIAL-trltetmo.zip
- test#2 lineage-14.1-20170224-UNOFFICIAL-trltetmo.zip
- GApps

Please try to be on N910TUVS2EPK2 bootloader/modem and perform a clean install
Installation Instruction:
Backup > Move your backup somewhere save > Perform a full wipe, factory reset > Flash ROM > Flash GApps > Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache > Reboot

If you want to build it yourself use this roomservice.xml:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="fat-tire/android_device_samsung_trltetmo" path="device/samsung/trltetmo" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
  <project name="underscoremone/android_kernel_samsung_trlte" path="kernel/samsung/trlte" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
  <project name="underscoremone/android_device_samsung_trlte-common" path="device/samsung/trlte-common" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
  <project name="underscoremone/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_qcom-common" path="device/samsung/qcom-common" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_external_stlport" path="external/stlport" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
</manifest>

Last edited:

viewsfromthepi

Jun 28, 2016
San Antonio, TX
I tested the rom lineage-14.1-20170202-UNOFFICIAL-trltetmo.zip on my Note 4 trltetmo.
I can confirm
  • SIM IS WORKING
  • FINGERPRINT DOES NOT UNLOCK PHONE
  • CAMERA TAKES PICTURES
So far... So far... I haven't experienced any bugs
This is sorta stable
One big problem is Snapchat root detection. I can't log in on Snapchat because it says my phone rooted but root toggle is off

Last edited:

svanati

May 4, 2009
This is an excellent start. An additional issue is the GPS issue that is common in the 7.1.1 ROMs. Once that is fix, it could be a daily driver for me. Keep up the good work

viewsfromthepi

Jun 28, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Anyone knows how to use Snapchat with LineageOS because everytime I try to log-in I get this error:
Oh no! Your login temporarily failed, so please try again later. If your login continues to fail, please visit https://support.snapchat.com/a/failed-login
What its basically saying is that while signing in, the app searches for SuperSU and root directories on your phone and if it finds them, the app blocks the process.
Any Fix? I haven't turned on ROOT on LineageOS

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009
Anyone knows how to use Snapchat with LineageOS because everytime I try to log-in I get this error:
Oh no! Your login temporarily failed, so please try again later. If your login continues to fail, please visit https://support.snapchat.com/a/failed-login
What its basically saying is that while signing in, the app searches for SuperSU and root directories on your phone and if it finds them, the app blocks the process.

How do yo turn on Root? Settings somewhere? Or do we need to flash SU?

JessJess206

Apr 9, 2016
Works & is stable enough for usage :) keep the updates coming.

I'm excited to keep getting updates for this phone! it's faster than marshmallow or lollipop!

yaguphire

Sep 6, 2016

GPS is working for me hmmm

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

how do we build this? willing to learn have not tried before.

odj1041

Apr 7, 2012
Silver Spring

Snapchat checks for xposed, not root.

brentett

Jun 27, 2011
Bel Air
Hi, I found a bug which seems to be common on all 7.1 roms on my 910t3. When using vr apps there is no way to move the screen, as if the gyroscope is not working correctly. Screen rotation in general works however on web pages, etc. I've tested with several vr apps to no avail. This is the only thing preventing this from being a daily driver for me.

odj1041

Apr 7, 2012
Silver Spring
I dont have xposed and i have never installed it

I find that strange. I've used Snapchat with root on numerous roms

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

I tested the rom lineage-14.1-20170202-UNOFFICIAL-trltetmo.zip on my Note 4 trltetmo.
I can confirm
  • SIM IS WORKING
  • CAMERA TAKES PICTURES
This is sorta stable
One big problem is Snapchat root detection. I can't log in on Snapchat because it says my phone rooted but root toggle is off

I can unlock with Fingerprint.
When registering swipe an extra time even though it says done. Also works for all AOSP trltetmo ROMs that use Fingerprint

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F3EjEEit.png

Lineage OS Android Distribution

CyanogenMod LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

After the usual introduction..

Hi there! We are trying to bring up trltexx and trltetmo to official nightly builds of LineageOS. We would like to know from whoever flash this build if there are major issues.. if you find something, please, report it (with a logcat would be great).

Download:
    - test#1 lineage-14.1-20170202-UNOFFICIAL-trltetmo.zip
    - test#2 lineage-14.1-20170224-UNOFFICIAL-trltetmo.zip
    - GApps

Please try to be on N910TUVS2EPK2 bootloader/modem and perform a clean install
    Installation Instruction:
    Backup > Move your backup somewhere save > Perform a full wipe, factory reset > Flash ROM > Flash GApps > Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache > Reboot

If you want to build it yourself use this roomservice.xml:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project name="fat-tire/android_device_samsung_trltetmo" path="device/samsung/trltetmo" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
      <project name="underscoremone/android_kernel_samsung_trlte" path="kernel/samsung/trlte" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
      <project name="underscoremone/android_device_samsung_trlte-common" path="device/samsung/trlte-common" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
      <project name="underscoremone/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
      <project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_qcom-common" path="device/samsung/qcom-common" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
      <project name="LineageOS/android_external_stlport" path="external/stlport" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
      <project name="LineageOS/android_device_qcom_common" path="device/qcom/common" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
    </manifest>
    New build:
    lineage-14.1-20170227-UNOFFICIAL-trltetmo.zip

The "cropping" issue should have been fixed.. let me know.
    New test build:
    lineage-14.1-20170224-UNOFFICIAL-trltetmo.zip

Let me know how it goes.
    That's a general thread for all Snapdragon based variants of the Note 4.

Also, why isn't this thread in the Original Android Development section?
    Because this was just a test: [TEST][trltetmo] LineageOS 14.1

Still working on it?
    Yes.

Once we'll have everything setup properly you'll (hopefully) get official LineageOS.
    I dont have xposed and i have never installed it

I find that strange. I've used Snapchat with root on numerous roms

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

I can confirm
    • SIM IS WORKING
    • CAMERA TAKES PICTURES
    This is sorta stable

I can unlock with Fingerprint.
    When registering swipe an extra time even though it says done. Also works for all AOSP trltetmo ROMs that use Fingerprint