General Testing ColorOS 12, any questions?

Search This thread
Hi all,

I was one of the lucky ones to be asked by OPPO to test ColorOS 12 on my X3 Pro.
Because of the NDA i'm not allowed to show screenshots, but I am allowed to answer questions.

In general I can say it needs a little bit more work.
- There is an issue with the fingerprint access in some apps.
- My Bank app does not start (not even after a reinstall).
- The Wifi icon in quick settings looks like wifi is disabled, even though it's enabled.
- At first there was a floating icon for Bitwarden that I could only move around, but not remove from the desktop. After two days it disappeared.
- The power menu now finally shows available smart home commands to use from the menu.
- I'm using Nova Launcher, and that still seems to work fine.
- The screenshot functionality has been improved a bit.
- There is an occassional freeze
- Not all of the new gestures work as advertised
- The speed of the OS is quite good
- The refresh rate seems to be locked at 120, except when watching a YT video at full screen
- one time I got a call and my screen remained black, I couldn't take the call

Ganluma

Oct 4, 2021
Germany
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Hi. I was checking the APKmirror website and it seems that they have uploaded some of the apps extracted from the android 12 update. So far I have installed the Photo APK, the files manager, the clock, the screenshot, compass and maybe some more. I have to say that they look very nice and a little more elegant than before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-04-09-34-05-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-04-09-34-05-44.jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_2021-10-04-09-34-16-76_cc0c40aae00121c8e1b1866ef91e05c7.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-04-09-34-16-76_cc0c40aae00121c8e1b1866ef91e05c7.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 92

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I was one of the lucky ones to be asked by OPPO to test ColorOS 12 on my X3 Pro.
    Because of the NDA i'm not allowed to show screenshots, but I am allowed to answer questions.

In general I can say it needs a little bit more work.
    - There is an issue with the fingerprint access in some apps.
    - My Bank app does not start (not even after a reinstall).
    - The Wifi icon in quick settings looks like wifi is disabled, even though it's enabled.
    - At first there was a floating icon for Bitwarden that I could only move around, but not remove from the desktop. After two days it disappeared.
    - The power menu now finally shows available smart home commands to use from the menu.
    - I'm using Nova Launcher, and that still seems to work fine.
    - The screenshot functionality has been improved a bit.
    - There is an occassional freeze
    - Not all of the new gestures work as advertised
    - The speed of the OS is quite good
    - The refresh rate seems to be locked at 120, except when watching a YT video at full screen
    - one time I got a call and my screen remained black, I couldn't take the call
    Hi and thank you for your feedback from using ColorOS 12. 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽