• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Testing TOF sensor

Search This thread

silverstream

Sep 24, 2009
Need a little help here.

Can someone help to test this app on Playstore: Night Vision/TOF viewer. Icon is a green eye.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lvonasek.tofviewer

On my phone, it keeps flickering on/off at abt 1sec interval instead of a steady image.
I've contacted the developer and he told it's due to a faulty camera module.

Need a second opinion. I'm on VOG-L29 with EMUI10 173.
Can someone test it on EMUI 10 and confirm if you're getting a steady or flickering image?

Thank you!

NekoMichi

Jun 15, 2014
Need a little help here.

Can someone help to test this app on Playstore: Night Vision/TOF viewer. Icon is a green eye.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lvonasek.tofviewer

On my phone, it keeps flickering on/off at abt 1sec interval instead of a steady image.
I've contacted the developer and he told it's due to a faulty camera module.

Need a second opinion. I'm on VOG-L29 with EMUI10 173.
Can someone test it on EMUI 10 and confirm if you're getting a steady or flickering image?

Thank you!
VOG-L09 C431 10.0.0.168, I'm getting a steady image from this app.

silverstream

Sep 24, 2009
Thanks All. With the AR Measure app or the Night Vision app opened, when I use another phone camera app to view the rear of my P30 Pro camera assembly, I noticed the IR illuminator is blinking instead of constant. Probably resulting in the flickering.

However, with the camera app opened, the beam is constant and steady.

Can someone try and share your observations?

BLEK0TA

Oct 31, 2011
Bratislava
yes I have the same and it is absolutely normal
That's set for no overheating. When you u r using camera for few seconds the screen is black and CAM is stopped working.
But that nightcam can using long as u want so thats why is flickering

Odoslané z VOG-L29 pomocou Tapatalku

blinkt88

Oct 9, 2015
Velenje
Is there any other apps like 3D scanner or something where we can use ToF i see on youtube some guys use an app an than can create 3D models of an item

Poslano z mojega VOG-L29 z uporabo Tapatalk

NJ72

Feb 17, 2012
Wantage
Has anyone used the pro version of 3D scanner for ARcore Pro? This is the only version which actually supports the TOF sensor on the P30 Pro. The standard version only supports the camera as normal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there any other apps like 3D scanner or something where we can use ToF i see on youtube some guys use an app an than can create 3D models of an item

Poslano z mojega VOG-L29 z uporabo Tapatalk
    There's an app called "3D Scanner for ARCore", it's by the same developer and can be found on the Google Play Store.