Question Tether / hotspot via root?

Search This thread

xtravbx

Aug 23, 2010
Adding tether to my monthly plan is $5 a month. Not a huge deal, but thats 60 a year.

Also, some prepaids offer unlimited data but NO hotspot on those plans.

What are people doing to enable hotspot / tether anymore??

Brian Tomek

Jan 3, 2008
Kansas City
Adding tether to my monthly plan is $5 a month. Not a huge deal, but thats 60 a year.

Also, some prepaids offer unlimited data but NO hotspot on those plans.

What are people doing to enable hotspot / tether anymore??
The $5 is no big issue, I just don't want to be throttled. Currently I'm on a Pixel XL running 11 and using the Magisk tetheringenabler with no issues. Hoping my new 6 Pro can accomplish the same.

eloko

Nov 22, 2010
The $5 is no big issue, I just don't want to be throttled. Currently I'm on a Pixel XL running 11 and using the Magisk tetheringenabler with no issues. Hoping my new 6 Pro can accomplish the same.
The heavier users need more than your 15 or whatever gb is given for free or paid ... After that, the speed is throttle... We need unlimited speed and gb

Reactions: Brian Tomek

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I'm coming from an unlimited Sprint plan. You think I'll still get throttled? 🤔
I'm not sure if any carriers' "unlimited" is truly unlimited at the fastest speed - more often it's unlimited data, but after some specified amount (such as 15, 20, or 22 GB) of mobile data usage, they'll limit you to 3G or even 2G speeds, depending on the carrier.

Reactions: Brian Tomek

uran108

Dec 23, 2014
VPN, regular VPN? The best ad blocker I seen is ad guard, but I use VPN. It even blocks ads in games.

Let's try that one. Vpn hotspot is a mess. Pdanet+ with USB is the best as of now, but Im tired of connecting the phone. Lucky patcher needed for this one

Yes, I use SurfShark + VPN tether, works perfectly fine for Cricket. More than 40Gigs of tethering data monthly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VPN, regular VPN? The best ad blocker I seen is ad guard, but I use VPN. It even blocks ads in games.

Let's try that one. Vpn hotspot is a mess. Pdanet+ with USB is the best as of now, but Im tired of connecting the phone. Lucky patcher needed for this one

Yes, I use SurfShark + VPN tether, works perfectly fine for Cricket. More than 40Gigs of tethering data monthly
    The heavier users need more than your 15 or whatever gb is given for free or paid ... After that, the speed is throttle... We need unlimited speed and gb
    Connect to vpn and then use app: VPN tether

I'm coming from an unlimited Sprint plan. You think I'll still get throttled? 🤔
    I'm not sure if any carriers' "unlimited" is truly unlimited at the fastest speed - more often it's unlimited data, but after some specified amount (such as 15, 20, or 22 GB) of mobile data usage, they'll limit you to 3G or even 2G speeds, depending on the carrier.