Tethering to Xbox from Mobile

Search This thread

whittlestick

Aug 22, 2016
I have unlimited high speed data with T-Mobile but only 7GB mobile hotspot. I just moved into a brand new apartment and could buy DSL (yuck) right now, or wait for them to run the cables so I can get cable internet. Only problem is the cables won't be ready for over a month. So a month without internet.

I want to tether to my PC to make a hotspot for my phone, xbox, and other devices. I have tried quite a few things so I'll list them. I have an HTC 2PST2 and I've tried to root it, but since it's new and not too popular no one has made a root for it (that i know of, if you know one let me know).

1. PdaNet+ works with wifi, but it doesn't hide my tether usage when I'm on wifi. So after the 7GB is slows down to 125 kb/s. Before I hit the data ceiling my other devices were getting 20down/12up. I used it to play Xbox Live and it worked perfectly. I could talk to people in party and play multiplayer. Once I ran out of data I tethered my phone to my Xbox and ran detailed network statistics check and it was 0.1down/0.1up like I expected.
2. What I've been doing now is using ClockworkMod to usb tether. When I do a speed test on my computer my speed is 20down/12up. So the computer is fine. The problem is when I try to share it.
3. If I share (sharing by going into network settings & sharing in windows 7) my internet to my Xbox with an ethernet cable I can get on Xbox Live. I can do solo missions on Destiny, but if I try anything with matchmaking it never finds anyone (strict NAT). If I do find someone for a Strike (3 people) it is extremely laggy and I usually end up disconnecting. I also can't get into parties on Xbox. I would give you the speeds, but everytime I try to run a detailed network statistics check it never returns anything.
4. If I use connectify-me to make my computer a hotspot I'm getting 20down/12up on my PC, but 1down/2up when I check the speed on my iphone. I can't test on my Xbox, but it connects to live, but I think the connection is just too slow like when I was on 125kbs with PdaNet.
5. If I make an ad hoc network I get 3down/2up on my phone, but ad hoc shows up as a device and not a network so my Xbox can't connect to it.

So, with all of that knowledge, keep in mind I can't root. How can I use my phones data to play Xbox live like I did with PdaNet before I hit the data limit? If I can make a hotspot where the device is getting 5down/5up I think that would work too. Any help is much appriciated.

Reactions: maxalpha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have unlimited high speed data with T-Mobile but only 7GB mobile hotspot. I just moved into a brand new apartment and could buy DSL (yuck) right now, or wait for them to run the cables so I can get cable internet. Only problem is the cables won't be ready for over a month. So a month without internet.

I want to tether to my PC to make a hotspot for my phone, xbox, and other devices. I have tried quite a few things so I'll list them. I have an HTC 2PST2 and I've tried to root it, but since it's new and not too popular no one has made a root for it (that i know of, if you know one let me know).

1. PdaNet+ works with wifi, but it doesn't hide my tether usage when I'm on wifi. So after the 7GB is slows down to 125 kb/s. Before I hit the data ceiling my other devices were getting 20down/12up. I used it to play Xbox Live and it worked perfectly. I could talk to people in party and play multiplayer. Once I ran out of data I tethered my phone to my Xbox and ran detailed network statistics check and it was 0.1down/0.1up like I expected.
    2. What I've been doing now is using ClockworkMod to usb tether. When I do a speed test on my computer my speed is 20down/12up. So the computer is fine. The problem is when I try to share it.
    3. If I share (sharing by going into network settings & sharing in windows 7) my internet to my Xbox with an ethernet cable I can get on Xbox Live. I can do solo missions on Destiny, but if I try anything with matchmaking it never finds anyone (strict NAT). If I do find someone for a Strike (3 people) it is extremely laggy and I usually end up disconnecting. I also can't get into parties on Xbox. I would give you the speeds, but everytime I try to run a detailed network statistics check it never returns anything.
    4. If I use connectify-me to make my computer a hotspot I'm getting 20down/12up on my PC, but 1down/2up when I check the speed on my iphone. I can't test on my Xbox, but it connects to live, but I think the connection is just too slow like when I was on 125kbs with PdaNet.
    5. If I make an ad hoc network I get 3down/2up on my phone, but ad hoc shows up as a device and not a network so my Xbox can't connect to it.

So, with all of that knowledge, keep in mind I can't root. How can I use my phones data to play Xbox live like I did with PdaNet before I hit the data limit? If I can make a hotspot where the device is getting 5down/5up I think that would work too. Any help is much appriciated.