Text from att

Search This thread

snorkle

Dec 6, 2008
So a couple days ago i got a text from ATT saying that there was a new version available for my phone, and i am running ICS so i thought it was a small update or something i tried checking and i got nothing i was wondering if anyone else got that text? but thats not even my issue after i tried to update i cant view my text messages anymore it just says Loading... i had to download go pro and thats even very slow. Anyone know how to fix that? and yes i have tried turning it off and on. thanks.

StrangeShadow

Dec 24, 2009
I got the text too, made me wonder if there was an updated to some of the noted issues.

But I didn't get the chance then to check it out or try it, and wasn't sure it was just the original ICS update message, cause I'm still running Gingerbread.

But it's one of the main reasons I logged on today. :)

bestialbub

May 19, 2010
my wife experienced the same thing, but after the upgrade the baseband was still the latest att update for vivid (.56), nothing new.

never did check hers beforehand, but I'm pretty sure mine came w/ .56 (refurb from att) at the same time. I'd already upgraded my device to darkraider.

brucegil

Aug 3, 2010
Birmingham
I got the same message a few weeks back. I contacted AT&T Support. They said that 4.0.3 was the latest version. They did not say why I got the message. I suspect it was because I pulled the update using the special code (#*#*286*#*#), which does not seem to work any more.