Text Messages Show Up As Wrong Contact Name

Search This thread

d08speed3

Jul 23, 2010
Anyone experience this? My gf will text on her LGOG and when she receives text the wrong name pops up but under the #info it shows the right names #. You think having her contacts transfered over from her iPhone to her Android at at&t is causing a problem.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda app-developers app

Alpione

Jul 27, 2011
Atlanta
I had this happen a couple of times after flashing new ROMs. It seemed to fix itself after a couple of reboots.

Sent from my LG Optimus G.

VannMannE39

Nov 21, 2012
Levittown
I had this happen when I had the same number saved under 2 different names. I'm not sure how it happened, if this is the problem just delete the wrong one and it should fix itself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

miller7796

Oct 26, 2007
Indianapolis
My wife is seeing the same problem on her phone. She will send a text to somebody but the reply will say it is somebody else. Rebooting the phone then assigns the message to the correct person. We have already checked the contacts to see if there was any duplicate info, but that is not the issue. Might just run a custom rom and hope that fixes the problem.

ryancnap

Aug 3, 2012
Bloomsburg
ryancnap.net
My wife is seeing the same problem on her phone. She will send a text to somebody but the reply will say it is somebody else. Rebooting the phone then assigns the message to the correct person. We have already checked the contacts to see if there was any duplicate info, but that is not the issue. Might just run a custom rom and hope that fixes the problem.

can't be of much help but I can say it's happened to me on custom roms. really curious about this. clean reflash seemed to fix it.

Mr Trip

Mar 16, 2018
I had this problem this morning received text from my wife under my coworkers contact info as though it came from him. When I replied back under his contact info she received the reply. Very frustrating. He hasn't replied to any of my text this morning. May not be receiving them.