Text-To-Speech help, Resurrection Remix on Moto G6 ALI

Search This thread

phnxjim

May 13, 2021
Moto G6
Moto G7 Play
Several great roms for this phone, so glad I can use it without the google overreach. Only need a few apps on it, plus calls and texts, and one of the apps is OSMAND (or really, any map/directions app).
Unfortunately, no TTS - so I can't get things like street names mentioned while driving in unfamiliar areas... Yes, this may seem like a tiny issue - that's because it is - but it does cause some problems.
So, if anyone on here happens to know how to get TTS working so that OSMand or any good non-google app can use it, could I get a step by step? Or, perhaps my searching was in error. I didn't find anything other than 'install gApps <google> which defeats the purpose of putting on a different rom. Just point me to the right forum posts. TWRP and RROS 8.6.? both on the phone with no issues, thanks to posts on this forum.

I like RROS, but if a different rom would make it easier I'm open - just don't want Google and it's tracking/control on it. APKPure and F-Droid are good enough for my apps.

Thanks In Advance :)
Jim

mrsiri

• Sep 16, 2017
    The phone's stock ROM does have TTS installed, do you need to be running a custom ROM?

Also, Waze is an option if you need to hear street names while driving without looking at your phone. Give it a try

Reactions: phnxjim

phnxjim

May 13, 2021
    Moto G6
    Moto G7 Play
    The phone's stock ROM does have TTS installed, do you need to be running a custom ROM?

Also, Waze is an option if you need to hear street names while driving without looking at your phone. Give it a try
    I've only just heard about Waze - that sounds like the option for me, if I can get it working without Gapps (want to regain some privacy). Thanks for the pointer :) I'll look that up.

mrsiri

• Sep 16, 2017
    You're welcome. Gapps is only needed for google specific apps like Youtube or Google movies, books, the playstore or to login on an app with your gmail account. Aptoide is also a good alternative to apkpure or f-droid. I also use apkmirror when I can't find in aptoide.

Reactions: phnxjim

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You're welcome. Gapps is only needed for google specific apps like Youtube or Google movies, books, the playstore or to login on an app with your gmail account. Aptoide is also a good alternative to apkpure or f-droid. I also use apkmirror when I can't find in aptoide.