Search This thread

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
Hello all, TEYES Australia is now online. The audience is not just Australia but a more western audience.

XDA members are thorough in their questions and suggestions. Any value adding advice for the site would be greatly appreciated.

We are working on expanding the accessory range - what do you think adds value?

Thank you all!

Last edited:

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
Hello all, TEYES Australia is now online. The audience is not just Australia but a more western audience. The prices will remain competative against aliexpress and the focus is more around the newer CC3 models. Ofcoarse there are the universal models and other CC2 models that aren't available in the CC3.

***Our site aims to be a one stop shop and product support website where everything for teyes products and information is located.***

XDA members are thorough in their questions and suggestions. Any value adding advice for the site would be greatly appreciated.

Current issues is that customers are getting confused between currency selections between aliexpress and TEYESAustralia. Depending on if it was auto selected for their geo location or not, one has to be wary of this. The other issue is customers are not going to check out on both sites in order to get the total cost for comparison. (currency, shipping & taxes)

Thank you all!

Would addressing bugs be something you will do, and if so how will you do that?

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
Nice to hear you have a presence and have made yourself known here.

I have a question. Can your radio app be changed to another one?
Thank you ludditefornow
The radio app is part of the UI, but I'm sure the XDA community can dabble in customisations. I am well interested at looking to provide some level of customisation "hacks" that can be safely done to the units on our website at some point in time.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
Hi Marchnz, there are engineers that take onboard issues.
The most common ones are addressed in firmware updates, the latest one dated 12/28/2020
By all means any reports sent via the website form will get sent to that department.

Hi,
Interesting. I believe these units are FYT OEM'ed units, which joying also resell.

After a read through the teyes thread in the forum, it doesn't appear there's any urgency in addressing bugs and it's pretty well documented here that resellers largely don't address bugs.

I read that the typical experience is that users are ignored after a period of time after requesting support.

As an fyi, your website suggests returning products to "Supernova Lightings warehouse".

Suggest buyer beware, typical reseller of Chinese OEM head units.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210301-193027_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210301-193027_Chrome.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 57

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
thank you for that, legals were prepared by legal hire in Australia, disappointing but I will have this corrected.

As opposed to your suggestion of buyer beware, you may discuss this in private as to explain how this is obviously false.

However I appreciate all support and criticism as can be expected anywhere. That is why I joined XDA. There is still alot of work to do on the platform, and any contributions would be much appreciated!

thank you

Last edited:

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
Correct. Just like also Navifly, Kingbeats, Zhan (some) and a few others, includng some other new Russian resellers.
Yes I was just looking at Kingbeats the other day, they are even using the same template photos. We did ask HQ who these people are, but they did not know.
TEYES have a good team in place and have been around for a while, there are ALOT of copy cat items around, some say they support Android 10 when they don't.

I remember when I installed my unit. I had an issue regarding the upgraded vehicle models amplifier. Support stayed in contacted with me till 8.30pm back and forth to see what was wrong. The engineer was really concerned because he wanted to make sure there was no inherent issue with their package for my vehicle. Now that was impressive to me, I haven't seen any other business provide that kind of support and at that late at night.

There is a reason TEYES is the best selling brand in Malaysia and Russia, and they also have agents in these 2 countries.

Last edited:

jazzor

Mar 6, 2010
Hi thanks for the response. Wifi hotspot is fine, but that consumes a lot of battery. I an specifically asking about Bluetooth tethering, which is a lot less stressful on the phone battery and it turns on or off automatically if you configure it on the phone- meaning you dont need to go and turn on or off the hotspot every time.

In android phone settings, this is the feature.

1614661514177.png

Ohaio

Apr 25, 2011
Does the teyes units support bluetooth internet tethering from phone?
Yes, I tethering internet from my iPhone to head unit CC2L plus over Bluetooth.
Read with translator this
And this for download BTTether.apk for installing on head unit.

amw2320

Jun 21, 2010
Is there any information about Google login fix.l? That bug is critical to all your clients.

If your talking about the recent issue where it is impossible to login to a google account, someone from the joying forums found a complex but working fix. It saved me yesterday, so I can attest it works. Given Joying and Teyes are both the same FYT base units, the same fix probably works on Teyes. Note this requires you to re-flash firmware.

Fix originally found in Joying forums (here).
  1. Download firmware and place on flash drive
  2. Go into app settings and wipe storage for Google Play Services
  3. Immediately plug in firmware USB and let it reinstall
  4. Magically works again after reboot

maratoneta

Apr 9, 2009
I connected my bluetooth mobile phone to the CC3 and downloaded my phone book. Everything good. Yesterday I connected my wife's cell phone to CC3 and on my google profile she deleted all my address book. Fortunately I found it in the trash and I was able to restore it but this thing is very dangerous. If I make someone connect to the bluetooth of the CC3, for example to listen to their music, it deletes my entire address book from my google profile. Is this normal? I'm okay with deleting it from CC3 and when I reconnect I redeem the phone book but deleting them from my Google profile is absurd.

Reactions: @gleidonbor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello this is not my number, but all good.

I wouldn't call it a problem, at the moment you just have to open your preferred navigation app.

however jf you want it as a selection on the main screen, TEYES may optimize all NAVI app in the new firmware, but it will take some time.

WAZE does not make picture-in-picture adaptation so cannot do.
    Thats false, you just need to add the package name of your preferred navigation app to the NaviFilter file in the AllAppUpdate.bin file. Teyes does nothing special to "optimize" navigation apps for firmware. Do not believe that lie.
    A Universal model update for you all!

A CC3 universal model has just been launched. It made in 9 and 10.2 inch models

TEYES CC3 Universal 9 & 10.2 inch screens
    Are you going to reply to my issue or you still having trouble understanding it?
    I've never had trouble understanding it.

I've made it clear to you several times what was required in order to make a case to the vendor before telling them they have a problem.

This is the last comment surrounding this topic I will be responding to.

This is a typical response from a China based reseller of grey box Android Head units.

You won't get support outside of replacing the head unit (usually at your return freight cost) or basic wiring. Issues with the OS are typically responded with 'try this update'.

Like I've said a number of times: buyer beware.
    Hi TEYESAUSTRALIA,

Thanks for all your help recently in solving my issue with the CC3. I appreciate the time and effort you put in to fix my problem and I am glad you are here supporting us. I hope other people appreciate that it is not easy solving everyone's problem instantly. Again thank you and keep going.
    I provided a way to add more Navi apps, and it's the truth. These are all the package ids that are allowed to be selected as a navigation app for the home screen widget.
    dfsd.png

Also, theres another navigation configuration file saved inside ms.apk under assets/property/navi_app.txt.

Initially, I had my doubts about you thinking you were here only to peddle your products. After receiving the admin's blessing, i decided to look past that and had a request for you and your "engineers", but you conveniently overlooked/ignored it since it doesnt either convenience Teyes to provide source code, or they simply can't because they don't have it, they just slap their logo on it and resell it. Now you're making it seem like there's some secret sauce that Teyes has in order to get your preferred navigation app to show up as an option when it simply is not true. I've seen the code, and it's a generic android picture in picture window.
    Hello all, TEYES Australia is now online. The audience is not just Australia but a more western audience.

Thank you all!
    Can we have an admin corroborate if this is true? We don't need the details of what was talked about, just whether the above is true. Also, I found a picture of the Teyes engineering team discussing all mentioned software issues.
    View attachment 5246243
    The OP had a discussion with us and it was decided that he will not be permitted to sell here but offer technical support only. So anything connected to prices, comparisons with other units/manufacturers etc will be outside the understanding.

Guys, why don't we take him at face value and see whether he is offering support or not? I agree that the reputation of resellers has taken a beating but why don't we give him a chance? Even if he is able to resolve some issues of atleast some users, his being on XDA would be justified.

I hope you all understand that it was in the interest of the users that it was decided to permit him to operate here.
    what you are saying is false. we are in the process of moving from ABN to ACN that is why we are not displaying ABN. Simply claiming according to ABN means nothing.

in regards to XDA policy and the discussions I had with admin, they differ from your comments. So in the interests in comforming to XDA policy, anything of that nature will be discussed privately.

TEYES pride themselves on their products and yes they are working on it.

Again you are more than welcome to contact our Australian number available on the website.

Until then please keep your comments in a positive and constructive manner in which this thread was created and intended for.

Thank you
    Can we have an admin corroborate if this is true? We don't need the details of what was talked about, just whether the above is true. Also, I found a picture of the Teyes engineering team discussing all mentioned software issues.
    1_HJdfYVM5VYWK3sQO2-Lu9g.png
    Hello this is not my number, but all good.

I wouldn't call it a problem, at the moment you just have to open your preferred navigation app.

however jf you want it as a selection on the main screen, TEYES may optimize all NAVI app in the new firmware, but it will take some time.

WAZE does not make picture-in-picture adaptation so cannot do.
    Thats false, you just need to add the package name of your preferred navigation app to the NaviFilter file in the AllAppUpdate.bin file. Teyes does nothing special to "optimize" navigation apps for firmware. Do not believe that lie.
    Hi,
    Interesting. I believe these units are FYT OEM'ed units, which joying also resell.

Correct. Just like also Navifly, Kingbeats, Zhan (some) and a few others, includng some other new Russian resellers.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone