• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory
Search This thread

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Yep, google contacts have been deleted by my CC2 plus AGAIN.
See here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/q-a-tips-info-roll-up-joying-fyt-sc9853i.3979377/#post-80459061

This issue is already there since the Sofia 3GR units from 2016 and FYT never fixed it. And the resellers can't change that either. They can only put some "new" software, like internet radio, on top of the software of FYT.
That is not a game changer. There are loads of free internet radio apps to download or compile yourself from numerous open source repositories.
(But it is good that T'eyes tries to support their customers as good as possible. Better than other resellers who do nothing more than only sell)

criszz

Aug 22, 2008
BrasoV
My Cc3 6/128 for Skoda Octavia 2 A5 arrived few day ago. Took 2 weeks to arrive at my door. I recoomand Teyes Australia more than ali Express for shopping this kind of unit. Best you can buy. Ofcourse there are other cheap HU , but Teyes quality is the best i see till nou. Support was also very prompt on WhatsApp.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Ah, so teyes Australia is dropshipping. Cheers.
Of course they are, is a business, more important is feedback and support.
In this case I agree. That is not different than a Japanese or whatever car with your specific whistles and bells which needs to be imported and which is sold by an Australian car dealer (are there "cheap" Chinese cars sold in AU? ;)).
The dealer is your first and mostly only contact for proper support. If T'eyes Australia really does that for T'eyes units, or whatever units, and in understandable English, then that's fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: marchnz and criszz

ejacobs

Nov 16, 2007
Does anyone have a working link to the NaviFilter_update.zip patch. This is the one that allows you to add additional navigation apps for selection.

simonsxda

Dec 3, 2013
@TEYESAustralia Any news on the update release date?

Also, I've noticed the Apple CarPlay application seems to have a bug:

- When a phone call is received while using CarPlay, the screen freezes and you need to press the home button and then the CarPlay app again for the screen to refresh again.

Is there a fix for that?

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
In this case I agree. That is not different than a Japanese or whatever car with your specific whistles and bells which needs to be imported and which is sold by an Australian car dealer (are there "cheap" Chinese cars sold in AU? ;)).
The dealer is your first and mostly only contact for proper support. If T'eyes Australia really does that for T'eyes units, or whatever units, and in understandable English, then that's fine.
Just bought a new macbook, tracking shows it coming from china. Damn apple must be drop shipping!!!!! 🤣

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
@TEYESAustralia Any news on the update release date?

Also, I've noticed the Apple CarPlay application seems to have a bug:

- When a phone call is received while using CarPlay, the screen freezes and you need to press the home button and then the CarPlay app again for the screen to refresh again.

Is there a fix for that?
Is that the app downloaded from the tech portal page?

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
MOD ACTION:

Thread cleaned.

I have said this before and I will say it again.

This thread is allowed for tech support of the products. Any post not relevant to that is off topic and will be removed.

Next time it happens, there may be harsher reactions because we can't be simply cleaning threads of off topic posts.

And once anyone reports a post as violative of the Rules, please stop responding to that post in the thread. If you do not, it becomes difficult to identify the offender and initiate action.

Please cooperate so that all the users have a pleasant experience here.

Thank you.

Starkles69

Jan 4, 2021
Hi there everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is having the same issue as me with their cc3?

I have an issue with the mobile data.
It shows as having a 4g connection but mobile data does not work.
I have tried multiple sim cards of different carriers all with compatible bands (and that work in other devices, Telstra and Vodafone)

I have also tried factory resets, network resets, firmware updates and even replacing the 4g antenna but nothing has helped.

Has anyone got any other ideas? The dealer in Australia was meant to forward my issue to technicians weeks ago but I have not heard anything at all from them. I have tried messaging them directly today but I’m doubtful I will get a reply.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
Hi there everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is having the same issue as me with their cc3?

I have an issue with the mobile data.
It shows as having a 4g connection but mobile data does not work.
I have tried multiple sim cards of different carriers all with compatible bands (and that work in other devices, Telstra and Vodafone)

I have also tried factory resets, network resets, firmware updates and even replacing the 4g antenna but nothing has helped.

Has anyone got any other ideas? The dealer in Australia was meant to forward my issue to technicians weeks ago but I have not heard anything at all from them. I have tried messaging them directly today but I’m doubtful I will get a reply.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Hello sorry this is not monitored, best way is by email and phone. Sometimes we get to busy and myself have been unwell for weeks but now recovering.
Email me so I have your contact
It is found on our website, there is one other dealing with similar issue to yours. thank you

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
What is the email address?
Hi @Starkles69 , your unit is an FYT type, branded as "Joying", "Idoing" or even "Teyes".

I suggest you might find information related to this issue in FYT threads in this forum as there are a couple of quite knowledgeable FYT owners that regularly post. They know the issues, bugs and workarounds for these units.

Re "The dealer in Australia was meant to forward my issue to technicians weeks ago but I have not heard anything at all from them. I have tried messaging them directly today but I’m doubtful I will get a reply." - this seems to be a common complaint with all the resellers of these Chinese origin grey-boxes.

The dealer you mention is the thread starter/op, who has just replied to you with "email me, it's on the website", so there's another opportunity to try emailing again and reminder of the issues experienced.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am interested in purchasing a CC3.

I run Front and Rear camera's they have the yellow AVI connectors, can i run the Front camera?
    They work fine on my Pioneer DMH-Z5350BT.

Can i connect my 2TB WD Elements SE hard drive.

Can it run these apps:

Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car)​

VLC for Android​

Poweramp Full Version

AGAMA Car Launcher​

Petrol Spy Australia​

Is it loud as i'm abit deaf and like loud clear music.

Thank you for your feed back people....
    If you want to run those apps, you'll need a full Android head unit and I don't believe just Android Auto will run those, as you probably already know. With many of these units, the interfaces vary. However, if you're going to use Agama, that really doesn't matter.

As many of these Android head units are similar, your best bet is to get one with a lot of community support. The ones with a lot of community support have some developers that update/modify/customize some of the apps to work better. Also, some vendors are a little better than others with some updates. A lot of times, the bugs don't go away and sometimes new ones are introduced. Some of the vendors have some things that others don't. There's a good community support for the CC3 on 4pda, a Russian forum. I used the SPro/CC2 forum with Google translate. Toughest part is to register for an account. The Captcha is tricky but doable. Don't remember if you need an account to read the forums or just to download and post. The CC3 forum is at:

There is a good summary in the thread header there. Currently, there are about 1,400 posts.

I have an older CC2 and I run Torque, Poweramp Full and CarWebGuru. The loudness may vary with the set up of your car. I have an amplifier from my stock install and the power comes from my amplifier and sounds great. The built-in amplifier that the CC3 uses is the TDA7851 which looks like it's about 4x48 W. It also has optical and coax outputs, but I don't think many cars use those. They might be useful for adding another external amplifier. I also have external TPMS set up on my head unit. I VPN into my home server sometimes to access my files and my HDHomeRun tuner.

I'm not sure how the 2TB WD Elements hard drive would function. I would recommend using a flash drive instead so there's less of an issue of it going bad. I use a Kingston 128GB USB 3.1 compact flash drive with no issues.

A couple of things I'd recommend with these units is to and a little bit of general info:
    • Get one with a fan or add a fan yourself
    • Make sure you get one with sufficient RAM. Mine has 4GB and I think there are ones with 3GB and 6GB currently. I think 3GB might be enough, but if I was purchasing now, I'd get one with 6GB. Issue with not enough RAM is that when running apps and memory is low, apps can be killed which is not a nice experience
    • Add an external microphone for calls. Improves sound greatly. You may need to remove built-in microphone as it causes some interference. This was a problem with mine but I believe it may have been addressed in the CC3
    • There is an option to "sleep" the head units when you turn off the car. I believe that causes some issues. I have mine set to do a full reboot each time the car is turned off and I have no issues
    • The GPS antenna provided is OK. Better if you have a stock roof mounted GPS antenna and you connect to that, as well as the radio antenna
    • If you need a canbus module, they can be hit or miss. That's what I can tell from reading about these units. I don't use/need a canbus module as my older 2012 car doesn't put anything on the canbus that is useful for the head unit
    The 4pda forums has other info, especially in the header.

Good luck
    Moderator Announcement

This is a thread regarding technical support or solving of technical problems ONLY! No references to sales, prices, comparisons, orders, consumer rights etc. are accepted and off-topic in this thread. The thread has been cleaned in this respect.

@TEYESAustralia Even if users raise questions on those issues, I'd appreciate if YOU tell them that no such information will be provided in the thread.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    So why have a Teyes Australia thread at all. Why not roll it into the cc3 thread. Is there answers to queries that have been given that have been because of special access to Teyes insiders so adding value and thus justifying a separate thread.
    I had the same problem as a few other people, where my Telstra data sim was not working with my Teyes CC2 Plus headunit. I previously had a Optus data sim and that worked, so the problem was isolated to Telstra. As others had pointed out, updating the APN details on the headunit fixed this problem.

Here are the APN details I used: https://www.finder.com.au/fix-apn-problems

I run Front and Rear camera's they have the yellow AVI connectors, can i run the Front camera?

Can it run these apps:

VLC for Android​

Poweramp Full Version

AGAMA Car Launcher​

Petrol Spy Australia​

Avoid. These are Type "FYT" - Teyes is simply a made up reseller name, there are alot of resellers that sell these such as Dasaita, joying, idoing.

They're all equally as bad, with bugs, issues and quality control problems.

If you accept hobbyist level devices, a Chinese origin hacked Android device type MTCD HA, which usually are sold by Dasiata is an option. It's the best known and has a dedicated forum for.

Otherwise consider a genuine Android Auto head unit.
    None of these Chinese grey boxes are Android Auto, despite what the claim.

Genuine AA: https://www.android.com/auto/compatibility/
    Hello all, TEYES Australia is now online. The audience is not just Australia but a more western audience.

XDA members are thorough in their questions and suggestions. Any value adding advice for the site would be greatly appreciated.

We are working on expanding the accessory range - what do you think adds value?

Thank you all!
    MOD ACTION:

Thread cleaned.

I have said this before and I will say it again.

This thread is allowed for tech support of the products. Any post not relevant to that is off topic and will be removed.

Next time it happens, there may be harsher reactions because we can't be simply cleaning threads of off topic posts.

And once anyone reports a post as violative of the Rules, please stop responding to that post in the thread. If you do not, it becomes difficult to identify the offender and initiate action.

Please cooperate so that all the users have a pleasant experience here.

Thank you.
    Can we have an admin corroborate if this is true? We don't need the details of what was talked about, just whether the above is true. Also, I found a picture of the Teyes engineering team discussing all mentioned software issues.
    View attachment 5246243
    The OP had a discussion with us and it was decided that he will not be permitted to sell here but offer technical support only. So anything connected to prices, comparisons with other units/manufacturers etc will be outside the understanding.

Guys, why don't we take him at face value and see whether he is offering support or not? I agree that the reputation of resellers has taken a beating but why don't we give him a chance? Even if he is able to resolve some issues of atleast some users, his being on XDA would be justified.

I hope you all understand that it was in the interest of the users that it was decided to permit him to operate here.
    Thank you so much for this reply. It solved the issue! For anyone wondering, the official support is exactly as you have described. They told me, at least ten times (not exaggerating) to contact my carrier to activate my sim (despite me telling them it was activated, sending a screen shot of my sim activation elconfirmation email…. Etc). I love the unit but if something goes wrong you are really on your own with these things.
    I also tried communicant with the 3 technicians with issues....it's very hit and miss.

I have 2 issues. Obd2 reader with CC3. When I bluetooth pair and plug into car (Mahindra Pik-Up) it triggers my abs light comes on the dash. They just don't understand the issue.

Issues 2 I bought the Teyes universal SWC. wiring diagram was fine but no English instructions on how to sync commands with CC3. The Engineer said sorry there are no instructions.

I fixed issue 2 thanks to Dan, the Australian Teyes representative. I'll upload video to YouTube to help others. OBD2 reader issue still remains.

Teyes CC3 is great. English tech support is poor. If they just upload videos in English for each option on installation and configuration the user experience would be greatly enhanced.

Can it run these apps:

VLC for Android​

Poweramp Full Version

AGAMA Car Launcher​

Petrol Spy Australia​

If you want to run those apps, you'll need a full Android head unit and I don't believe just Android Auto will run those, as you probably already know. With many of these units, the interfaces vary. However, if you're going to use Agama, that really doesn't matter.

As many of these Android head units are similar, your best bet is to get one with a lot of community support. The ones with a lot of community support have some developers that update/modify/customize some of the apps to work better. Also, some vendors are a little better than others with some updates. A lot of times, the bugs don't go away and sometimes new ones are introduced. Some of the vendors have some things that others don't. There's a good community support for the CC3 on 4pda, a Russian forum. I used the SPro/CC2 forum with Google translate. Toughest part is to register for an account. The Captcha is tricky but doable. Don't remember if you need an account to read the forums or just to download and post. The CC3 forum is at:

There is a good summary in the thread header there. Currently, there are about 1,400 posts.

I have an older CC2 and I run Torque, Poweramp Full and CarWebGuru. The loudness may vary with the set up of your car. I have an amplifier from my stock install and the power comes from my amplifier and sounds great. The built-in amplifier that the CC3 uses is the TDA7851 which looks like it's about 4x48 W. It also has optical and coax outputs, but I don't think many cars use those. They might be useful for adding another external amplifier. I also have external TPMS set up on my head unit. I VPN into my home server sometimes to access my files and my HDHomeRun tuner.

I'm not sure how the 2TB WD Elements hard drive would function. I would recommend using a flash drive instead so there's less of an issue of it going bad. I use a Kingston 128GB USB 3.1 compact flash drive with no issues.

A couple of things I'd recommend with these units is to and a little bit of general info:
    • Get one with a fan or add a fan yourself
    • Make sure you get one with sufficient RAM. Mine has 4GB and I think there are ones with 3GB and 6GB currently. I think 3GB might be enough, but if I was purchasing now, I'd get one with 6GB. Issue with not enough RAM is that when running apps and memory is low, apps can be killed which is not a nice experience
    • Add an external microphone for calls. Improves sound greatly. You may need to remove built-in microphone as it causes some interference. This was a problem with mine but I believe it may have been addressed in the CC3
    • There is an option to "sleep" the head units when you turn off the car. I believe that causes some issues. I have mine set to do a full reboot each time the car is turned off and I have no issues
    • The GPS antenna provided is OK. Better if you have a stock roof mounted GPS antenna and you connect to that, as well as the radio antenna
    • If you need a canbus module, they can be hit or miss. That's what I can tell from reading about these units. I don't use/need a canbus module as my older 2012 car doesn't put anything on the canbus that is useful for the head unit
    The 4pda forums has other info, especially in the header.

Good luck