• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
So why have a Teyes Australia thread at all. Why not roll it into the cc3 thread. Is there answers to queries that have been given that have been because of special access to Teyes insiders so adding value and thus justifying a separate thread.
I'll probably be reported by the OP...

Exactly, the thread has an appearance of branding, the OP, like many resellers, doesn't seem to have the technical skills or desire to support these units. Just a quick look through this thread can be seen the number of times members have corrected or provided supportive information with the XDA community.

OP mostly requests poster PM him, so it doesn't advance the community or share information.

Any FYT or Teyes MCU version of FYT unit could be posted in the existing threads, and the OP could join in, supporting the community and the product.

I'm not sure that the Mods understand this.

Reactions: surfer63

julien_blanche

Jan 14, 2010
I've been using cc3 for a while and bugs that I discovered and not resolved by teyes "allegedly" support as follows;

-Steering wheel learning program has a bug which causes lost of long press function after 3 days inactivity with cold starting the unit resulted in volume button loses it's ability to continuously increase and decrease the volume and other buttons have only short press function.

-Lantern color predefined buttons corresponds to wrong color palette (same as in joying units before), correct color wheel should be displayed instead of color buttons

@TEYESAustralia if you are really serious about helping people pls fwd above to the engineers if they are any,

cheers..

Reactions: surfer63

rmb3218

Nov 17, 2017
Hi, can you tell me what size SIM goes in the external SIM card holder of a CC3. A nano & micro are to small. The standard SIM is to big. Thanks

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
I've been using cc3 for a while and bugs that I discovered and not resolved by teyes "allegedly" support as follows;

-Steering wheel learning program has a bug which causes lost of long press function after 3 days inactivity with cold starting the unit resulted in volume button loses it's ability to continuously increase and decrease the volume and other buttons have only short press function.

-Lantern color predefined buttons corresponds to wrong color palette (same as in joying units before), correct color wheel should be displayed instead of color buttons

@TEYESAustralia if you are really serious about helping people pls fwd above to the engineers if they are any,

cheers..
Tried posting in main FYT / Teyes thread?

rmb3218

Nov 17, 2017
I’ve read thru this thread and can’t find the answer. How long does it take for a CC3 to startup (NOT cold boot) from the time you turn on car keys? I’m running the latest software. Also, when mine starts up it goes to the last played audio source, not the Teyes launcher, is that normal?

Robbo69

Sep 10, 2014
Perth WA
Spro+ model. On latest firmware.

Anyone else have problem with Bluetooth calling volume being very low even at max?
It is very frustrating when you cant hear what the person on the other end is saying.
i have try whatsapp tech support. The person keep saying it doesnt happen on ”HIS” t’eyes radio. Well, that’s nice his doesnt have this problem but mine does. It is rather frustrating when you try to use hand-free calling in your vehicle and with volume on phone and radio at max, you still have a hard time hearing what the other person is saying. I should not have to even max out the radio’s volume while on the phone. Even at 50% or less should been adequate.
Any idea?
I've just installed a CC2 Plus and have the same problem with very low Bluetooth phone volume. Looking through the various forums it seems this has been a "feature" (problem) with these FYT head units for many years but the company have done nothing to resolve it over many firmware updates.
Maybe Danny (Teyes Australia) could put some pressure on Teyes who could get FYT to fix it.

rmb3218

Nov 17, 2017
I've just installed a CC2 Plus and have the same problem with very low Bluetooth phone volume. Looking through the various forums it seems this has been a "feature" (problem) with these FYT head units for many years but the company have done nothing to resolve it over many firmware updates.
Maybe Danny (Teyes Australia) could put some pressure on Teyes who could get FYT to fix it.
Have you adjusted Bluetooth phone volume in factory settings?

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
He will have the same problem you have as a buyer. They're all treated the same...

Aussie Dave

Mar 7, 2014
I am interested in purchasing a CC3.

I run Front and Rear camera's they have the yellow AVI connectors, can i run the Front camera?
They work fine on my Pioneer DMH-Z5350BT.

Can i connect my 2TB WD Elements SE hard drive.

Can it run these apps:

Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car)​

VLC for Android​

Poweramp Full Version

AGAMA Car Launcher​

Petrol Spy Australia​

Is it loud as i'm abit deaf and like loud clear music.

Thank you for your feed back people....

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton

I run Front and Rear camera's they have the yellow AVI connectors, can i run the Front camera?

Can it run these apps:

VLC for Android​

Poweramp Full Version

AGAMA Car Launcher​

Petrol Spy Australia​

Avoid. These are Type "FYT" - Teyes is simply a made up reseller name, there are alot of resellers that sell these such as Dasaita, joying, idoing.

They're all equally as bad, with bugs, issues and quality control problems.

If you accept hobbyist level devices, a Chinese origin hacked Android device type MTCD HA, which usually are sold by Dasiata is an option. It's the best known and has a dedicated forum for.

Otherwise consider a genuine Android Auto head unit.
None of these Chinese grey boxes are Android Auto, despite what the claim.

Genuine AA: https://www.android.com/auto/compatibility/

Reactions: Aussie Dave

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010

Can it run these apps:

VLC for Android​

Poweramp Full Version

AGAMA Car Launcher​

Petrol Spy Australia​

If you want to run those apps, you'll need a full Android head unit and I don't believe just Android Auto will run those, as you probably already know. With many of these units, the interfaces vary. However, if you're going to use Agama, that really doesn't matter.

As many of these Android head units are similar, your best bet is to get one with a lot of community support. The ones with a lot of community support have some developers that update/modify/customize some of the apps to work better. Also, some vendors are a little better than others with some updates. A lot of times, the bugs don't go away and sometimes new ones are introduced. Some of the vendors have some things that others don't. There's a good community support for the CC3 on 4pda, a Russian forum. I used the SPro/CC2 forum with Google translate. Toughest part is to register for an account. The Captcha is tricky but doable. Don't remember if you need an account to read the forums or just to download and post. The CC3 forum is at:

There is a good summary in the thread header there. Currently, there are about 1,400 posts.

I have an older CC2 and I run Torque, Poweramp Full and CarWebGuru. The loudness may vary with the set up of your car. I have an amplifier from my stock install and the power comes from my amplifier and sounds great. The built-in amplifier that the CC3 uses is the TDA7851 which looks like it's about 4x48 W. It also has optical and coax outputs, but I don't think many cars use those. They might be useful for adding another external amplifier. I also have external TPMS set up on my head unit. I VPN into my home server sometimes to access my files and my HDHomeRun tuner.

I'm not sure how the 2TB WD Elements hard drive would function. I would recommend using a flash drive instead so there's less of an issue of it going bad. I use a Kingston 128GB USB 3.1 compact flash drive with no issues.

A couple of things I'd recommend with these units is to and a little bit of general info:
  • Get one with a fan or add a fan yourself
  • Make sure you get one with sufficient RAM. Mine has 4GB and I think there are ones with 3GB and 6GB currently. I think 3GB might be enough, but if I was purchasing now, I'd get one with 6GB. Issue with not enough RAM is that when running apps and memory is low, apps can be killed which is not a nice experience
  • Add an external microphone for calls. Improves sound greatly. You may need to remove built-in microphone as it causes some interference. This was a problem with mine but I believe it may have been addressed in the CC3
  • There is an option to "sleep" the head units when you turn off the car. I believe that causes some issues. I have mine set to do a full reboot each time the car is turned off and I have no issues
  • The GPS antenna provided is OK. Better if you have a stock roof mounted GPS antenna and you connect to that, as well as the radio antenna
  • If you need a canbus module, they can be hit or miss. That's what I can tell from reading about these units. I don't use/need a canbus module as my older 2012 car doesn't put anything on the canbus that is useful for the head unit
The 4pda forums has other info, especially in the header.

Good luck

Radzią

Nov 25, 2014
Wroclaw
I have a couple of questions about cc3
1. A have non canbus car. I want to put the Google assistant under the button on the steering wheel. When I select the microphone icon. Assistant teyes is on. How to change it to google assistant ?

Last edited:

rmb3218

Nov 17, 2017
I had the same problem as a few other people, where my Telstra data sim was not working with my Teyes CC2 Plus headunit. I previously had a Optus data sim and that worked, so the problem was isolated to Telstra. As others had pointed out, updating the APN details on the headunit fixed this problem.

Here are the APN details I used: https://www.finder.com.au/fix-apn-problems
I have used these settings for Telstra & am only getting H+ reception no 4g. Are you getting 4g? I am using the postpaid data sim out of my iPad.

rmb3218

Nov 17, 2017
For those of us in Australia. I have recently installed a CC& was was only getting "H+" & no internet. The Teyes sPro-CC3 family use Band28A, which is only part of the 700mhz spectrum. Telstra uses Band28, which includes Band28A & Band28B. My local Telstra tower, I am in rural Vic, is using a frequency outside of Band28A, so I was only getting "H+" & no internet. As soon as I got near a tower within Band28A I got full 4G & internet. Hopefully Teyes can provide a firmware update to full Band28

hollyao

Apr 30, 2021
Anyone know how to stop the music app from opening at start-up? I'd prefer it to just stay on the main home page with all the widgets.

jeeles

May 3, 2018
Hi guys.
Does anyone know if we will be getting support for an Australian Radio Area.
I've followed the teyes site and uploaded station images and frequencies but they don't display and I suspect it as Aus isn't an option in radio settings??
20210910_132113.jpg

Reactions: marchnz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Having purchased from the reseller I can attest that he has no great technical knowledge of the product or access to get answers from Teyes. He has indeed gone quiet since being called out on this and not supplying an equivalent product to buying from Teyes direct but is indeed still around.
    Hi guys.
    Does anyone know if we will be getting support for an Australian Radio Area.
    I've followed the teyes site and uploaded station images and frequencies but they don't display and I suspect it as Aus isn't an option in radio settings??
    20210910_132113.jpg
    Funny that. Another reseller came and went with big "Promises"
    That is still guessing now and if so: intentions might have been very good, but I assume that you can only make some money on these low margin products if you live in a low income country, and not in a high income country like Australia. I guess you can't even feed your cat with the profit (if any).
    Never the less: I still find it strange that a reseller gets his own thread, but that has already been discussed so let's not start that again ;)
    The first thing I would be doing is posting in the main cc3 thread as this thread is fairly redundant as Danny no longer posts etc although he is still around.
    Did the radio you replaced shut down the same way. Ie keep going until the doors were open? My cc3 and old radio shut down with ignition. I use my car every day so do not know if long term the cc3 will affect battery charge. I do not believe locking the car will help.
    Hi there. Good afternoon from Spain. I am also waiting for my CC3 for Kia Sou Drive from 2016. The unit with which I have replaced the one that came standard with the car is the Roadnavi S160. It is a plug an play unit compatible with almost everything (including the reversing camera) except the standard microphone. It has never given me any problems so I haven't even had to update the firmware. With the CC3 I have doubts about the rear camera even though the seller has told me that it is perfectly compatible with it, but not with the microphone. Could you explain to me how you have solved the compatibility problem with the rear camera? If you manage to adapt a standard camera to the trim of the rear door it would be very interesting to know how you have achieved it. Thank you
    I have a Kia Sorento and was able to make the factory built-in microphone and rear camera work with my SPro/CC2 unit.

In order to make your microphone and rear camera to work, you must know the wiring for your 2016 Soul. There are, most likely, wires/pins in your harness that may not have been installed. This is why you must know the wiring.

The CC3, if I remember correctly, has an external microphone jack at the back. That means that if/when you find the proper pins for the factory Soul microphone, you can add pins, probably 2 pins, with the proper male plug that can connect to the female jack on the CC3. I used this 2-wire 3.5mm mono extension cord (not stereo), cut it in half, and used it to connect to the harness:

For the camera, the built-in camera most likely uses something like 6.5V and not the 12V like the camera provided to you uses. I added a step-down Buck converter to reduce the 12V voltage provided by my SPro/CC2 to a voltage that would make the camera work...I believe I set it to 8.6V instead of 6.5V. This was since the SPro/CC2 also requires a minimum of about 8.5V to determine that you have put the vehicle in reverse. This is required so that the head unit automatically switches to the rear camera when you put your vehicle in reverse.

Post any questions you have.

If you're not comfortable doing these changes, take it to someone that can do it for you.

As always, this is information that you should check/verify yourself as I did with a multimeter. Anything that you do is your own responsibility.
    Hello all, TEYES Australia is now online. The audience is not just Australia but a more western audience.

XDA members are thorough in their questions and suggestions. Any value adding advice for the site would be greatly appreciated.

We are working on expanding the accessory range - what do you think adds value?

Thank you all!
    MOD ACTION:

Thread cleaned.

I have said this before and I will say it again.

This thread is allowed for tech support of the products. Any post not relevant to that is off topic and will be removed.

Next time it happens, there may be harsher reactions because we can't be simply cleaning threads of off topic posts.

And once anyone reports a post as violative of the Rules, please stop responding to that post in the thread. If you do not, it becomes difficult to identify the offender and initiate action.

Please cooperate so that all the users have a pleasant experience here.

Thank you.
    Can we have an admin corroborate if this is true? We don't need the details of what was talked about, just whether the above is true. Also, I found a picture of the Teyes engineering team discussing all mentioned software issues.
    View attachment 5246243
    The OP had a discussion with us and it was decided that he will not be permitted to sell here but offer technical support only. So anything connected to prices, comparisons with other units/manufacturers etc will be outside the understanding.

Guys, why don't we take him at face value and see whether he is offering support or not? I agree that the reputation of resellers has taken a beating but why don't we give him a chance? Even if he is able to resolve some issues of atleast some users, his being on XDA would be justified.

I hope you all understand that it was in the interest of the users that it was decided to permit him to operate here.
    Perhaps he means "contact reseller" or perhaps there is "enginnering" - he hasn't clarified or indicated what the actual process is, with contact details.
    I'm an Australian buyer who has just purchased and received a CC3 through Teyes Australia. I sent Dan from Teyes Australia numerous emails with questions and he always answered within hours. I never expected that he would stock in Australia the thousands of possible wiring and facia kits. His contact details and phone number are all over the Teyes Aus website.

One of the main concerns I had was the facia for my 2017 Kia Soul. There are two available and the one for the Australian spec Soul showed two extra cutouts that I didn't need. He was straight onto the supplier/warehouse in China to check the stock and had a photo of my facia back that very evening. It was perfect.

There are two possible radios in the series 2 Soul and two possible wiring plugs. The kit was delivered with both possible plugs which made basic install really easy.

I am going to chase Dan up with a couple of improvement requests. I hope that with his contacts back in China that he might be able to get a result.
    - the ability to export video files from the dashcam DVR to the hard drive or a USB stick
    - how do I get Australian radio icons added to the radio unit. It appears to be based on gps coordinates. Do I specify Sydney NSW, or my specific outer suburb location. ?

My overall impression of Dan from Teyes is 5 out of 5. The local logistics company they use only gets a 2 out of 5. It sat in limbo in Australia for nearly 2 weeks before being delivered. Their website said they attempted delivery once but I was home all day and they didn't. When it finally turned up it was in a small sedan hatch packed to the roof with boxes. Not at all professional.

My thoughts on the CC3 ? It is excellent. It looks fantastic in my Soul and a vast improvement. Everything works well. I modified the wiring to use my existing 6 volt rear view camera but the resolution looks pretty [email protected] on the high res screen. My next project might be to retrofit the new camera to the existing moulding in the rear hatch.
    Thank you so much for this reply. It solved the issue! For anyone wondering, the official support is exactly as you have described. They told me, at least ten times (not exaggerating) to contact my carrier to activate my sim (despite me telling them it was activated, sending a screen shot of my sim activation elconfirmation email…. Etc). I love the unit but if something goes wrong you are really on your own with these things.
    I also tried communicant with the 3 technicians with issues....it's very hit and miss.

I have 2 issues. Obd2 reader with CC3. When I bluetooth pair and plug into car (Mahindra Pik-Up) it triggers my abs light comes on the dash. They just don't understand the issue.

Issues 2 I bought the Teyes universal SWC. wiring diagram was fine but no English instructions on how to sync commands with CC3. The Engineer said sorry there are no instructions.

I fixed issue 2 thanks to Dan, the Australian Teyes representative. I'll upload video to YouTube to help others. OBD2 reader issue still remains.

Teyes CC3 is great. English tech support is poor. If they just upload videos in English for each option on installation and configuration the user experience would be greatly enhanced.