• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

ekolpack

Nov 27, 2021
Did you not notice their account is disabled.

Teyes are not a manufacturer. TEYES is a reseller of FYT, but TEYES locks you in to Teyes hardware via software.

Unless you live in Eastern Europe there is no/little point buying this software branded FYT.

One could make an educated bet Teyes won't be around in a number of years.

I did notice that, but also noticed they replied here just a few days ago. I'm new to the forum so not exactly sure what "disabled" means....figured it could be like oldschool AFK message?

From what I've read, Teyes seems to be one of the better FYT brands, as far as these re-badging/software companies go. Joying was my other option, but they don't seem to release updates as often. I also considered going with a generic HU and installing my own "found" software, but I'm not a dev or programmer, just your basic run-of-the-mill tech nerd, so that route might be a bit over my head....I can barely navigate basic functions on a Raspberry Pi, I'm fine with a solid GUI and non-buggy install procedures, but temperamental command line stuff is not my forte.

But I'm open to ideas. I mainly just want a good HU with a newer cpu (not the old PX6) that has digital/optical audio out and will integrate into my 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser to appear like a stock factory unit. I guess if there's a massively better option I could live with something that doesn't look factory, but the factory look is one of the major things that draws me to Teyes. Any advice, I'm all ears. Thanks!

C4RL0S81

Aug 23, 2011
Hi Teyes,
Please pleeeeease can you allow your head units to use Google Assistant. I have the CC3 and it it such an amazing device but the lack of GA makes me cry. I get that you have developed your own voice assistant but let's be honest it is absolutely not fit for purpose. Please don't be Samsung like they were/are with Bixby. Listen to your customers and fans.

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
Can people consider posting in the general CC3 and not the Teyes Australia thread unless specific to Teyes Aus. This thread is for Teyes Aus queries only and he has not been seen since he promised answers on October 17. The general thread is monitored by more users so will likely be responded to quicker.

kwailo73

Dec 14, 2021
Interested in everyones opinion of the quality & fit of the replacement fascias Teyes supplies. I will be getting one for a 79 series Landcruiser.
Hey @rmb3218, did you end up getting a fascia for your 79? I've just got a cc3 for my troopy and am a little bit concerned that without mounting it in a fascia (not sure any fascia would handle the 10" screen), it would be being held into those brackets with 4 tiny screws...

any other tips for installing into a landy?

thanks in advance

Last edited:

rmb3218

Nov 17, 2017
Yackandandah
Hey @rmb3218, did you end up getting a fascia for your 79? I've just got a cc3 for my troopy and am a little bit concerned that without mounting it in a fascia (not sure any fascia would handle the 10" screen), it would be being held into those brackets with 4 tiny screws...

any other tips for installing into a landy?

thanks in advance

i had to modify the clips on the frame so that it would lock in. You say yours is 10”, the frame for the 79 is for a 9” unit. Did you get a frame with yours? PM me if you want & i can send photos.

kwailo73

Dec 14, 2021
i had to modify the clips on the frame so that it would lock in. You say yours is 10”, the frame for the 79 is for a 9” unit. Did you get a frame with yours? PM me if you want & i can send photos.
yep, I think I've screwed up. I ordered the larger thinking it was universal. No fascia was provided. I just saw on the teyes website the kit for the LC70. Ouch

Update: Success
2022-01-02 17.26.03 mod.jpg

Last edited:

tikkis

Feb 11, 2017
Hello all, TEYES Australia is now online. The audience is not just Australia but a more western audience.

XDA members are thorough in their questions and suggestions. Any value adding advice for the site would be greatly appreciated.

We are working on expanding the accessory range - what do you think adds value?

Thank you all!
Hello.

I would like to see a function where you can edit the online radio app to get online radio stations for non listet countrys. Scandinavia I.E. If you could ad a streaming link for the stations you want.

And a if possible a windows app where you can customise your own settings in the headunit. Change color, darkmode, make own launcher. and so on. More customize options.

all in all i am happy with the teyes system. But the customer service is ****. If they only could understand english and not half ass the replyes.

The Obd2 feature is great. but what would be awsome if you could use Autel dongle and app with this system. For more in depth diagnostics. If you could do diagnostics on your friends car just plug the adapter in his/hers vehicle.

Tpms system Teyes provides. Dont know how it works. But the problem with this in the countrys with snow in the winter. And you have to sets of tyres winter and summer. You should be able to buy extra sensors for the tpms reciver. So you have 8 Sensors with one reciver. Or if you could Clone the sensors and install other brand of sensors.I.e Autel/itali/Hella E.t.c with a cloning tool. Now i have to swap out the reciver every time i change tyres. since the sensor and reciver must match.

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
Just to clarify point #2, does this mean that only the official Teyes 360 surround camera kit link here will work with the CC3? No other aftermarket camera 360 surround kits will work with the CC3 because you need to enter serial #'s off the camera in order for the CC3 to recognize them? - correct

2. What about front-facing DVR cameras? Are those proprietary as well?
Correct
3. And the Bluetooth OBD module? Can you use something like the BlueDriver or ThinkDiag and have it still pair with the CC3? Will the factory CC3 OBD app recognize these aftermarkets? What about third party apps such as Torque?
No Teyes OBDII limited to teyes OBD software - working on testing OBD for non-teyes recommendation that works with torque and 3rd party apps that has no problems with the CC3 - will be early next year
4. I understand the backup/reverse cam is not proprietary and should work with most OEM or aftermarket cameras, is this correct?
They will work for reverse view, the only problem is most of the ones ive seen do supply the extra wire in the harness for live feed unless you make one yourself
It would be nice to be able to use more than the limited set of relatively high-priced (given apparent low quality) Teyes branded accessories.
The DVR will never be as good as the independant dash front and rear cameras and there is no pretend that they are. Sony lens rear camera is great, no complaints there and the record function that was released in the June firmware is a nice addition

Out of 3rd party OBDs being tested - see above

Reactions: kwailo73

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
Hello.

I would like to see a function where you can edit the online radio app to get online radio stations for non listet countrys. Scandinavia I.E. If you could ad a streaming link for the stations you want.
Please make requests for stations here

And a if possible a windows app where you can customise your own settings in the headunit. Change color, darkmode, make own launcher. and so on. More customize options.
Themes has colour options and dark mode. Some people have a launcher made by microsoft that i thought was extremely impressive
It is called microsoft launcher

1640102672347.png

all in all i am happy with the teyes system. But the customer service is ****. If they only could understand english and not half ass the replyes.
I cant speak for AE, but trying the best in this space, it is taking up all our time and very little time for pleasure or sleep. so much so that we cannot answer enquries from AE clients anymore
The Obd2 feature is great. but what would be awsome if you could use Autel dongle and app with this system. For more in depth diagnostics. If you could do diagnostics on your friends car just plug the adapter in his/hers vehicle.
i am lookiing into this

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
Hi Teyes,
Please pleeeeease can you allow your head units to use Google Assistant. I have the CC3 and it it such an amazing device but the lack of GA makes me cry. I get that you have developed your own voice assistant but let's be honest it is absolutely not fit for purpose. Please don't be Samsung like they were/are with Bixby. Listen to your customers and fans.
This will function in Android Auto mode

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
Can people consider posting in the general CC3 and not the Teyes Australia thread unless specific to Teyes Aus. This thread is for Teyes Aus queries only and he has not been seen since he promised answers on October 17. The general thread is monitored by more users so will likely be responded to quicker.
no one promised anything and after a couple of chats have not heard back from him yet

xxxxxxxx
Mod Edit: Post edited

Last edited by a moderator:

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
Now there has been plenty of developments so will post in time for everyone when im not too busy, which at the moment is always thanks to Teyes. Between my children and work im surviving on little sleep.

To clear up some falshoods and misinformation - a while ago i logged into XDA using google login and clicked my other google account which created another account and got my accounts suspended for duplicates. I've been extremely busy to sit down figure out how to rectify it without a little more work, and also dreaded to have to see what more rubbish the usual culprits submit, but now its back up again.

Thank you to everyone else for your support,r XDA members that were concerned of my absense and contacted me to see if i was ok. Really thank you.

Extremely excited about the CC3 360 system and 2022!

God bless, have a Merry Christmas and a safe and fantastic New Year!

Reactions: kwailo73

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
To clear up some falshoods and misinformation - a while ago i logged into XDA using google login and clicked my other google account which created another account and got my accounts suspended for duplicates. I've been extremely busy to sit down figure out how to rectify it without a little more work, and also dreaded to have to see what more rubbish the usual culprits submit, but now its back up again.
It takes 2 months to figure out a simple fix for duplicate postings lockout well that's a worry.
You did promise back on the 17th to post on your testing but as usual nothing. The usual culprits are the ones who provide help that you and teyes do not bother to or are incapable of. This helps teyes sell more units so I think you perhaps should apologise for your comments. They do not go missing for months on end like you frequently do and they supply real solutions.
Yor comment that you are to busy to help out aliexpress customers is not what this forum is about. You have come onto this forum as a teyes rep so let's see some evidence of that instead of pushing product.

Reactions: marchnz

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
no one promised anything and after a couple of chats have not heard back from him yet

xxxxxx Mod Edit: Quote edited since post edited

xxxxxx
Mod Edit: Post edited.

I personally have a Teyes unit and are reasonably happy with it. I have had to resort to modified software though to suit my requirements. And if you read the many posts the biggest complaint is firmware lockdown.
I bet your promised obd solution for third party support never eventuate.
At least I have found a third party tpms supplier that works with teyes app and has internal/external sensors and is cheaper than teyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: marchnz

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
Just for clarity, the Teyes is an FYT unit with Teyes customizations made that cripple/prevent FYT units branded as Teyes for things such as:
- Google Assistant
- OBD dongle
- navigation apps
All of the above is available in standard FYT units offered by others sellers.

Note that Teyes units push subscriptions to their services through limiting their software, there are ongoing costs not found on Standard FYT units. Teyes will claim this is to support their software features, which is actually crippling features to limit features and support to their brand.

Just some feedback to assist others and understand comments suggesting 'teyes is working on that', will be released later, etc.
What subscription services are you talking about? Teyes Online ?

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
Teyes online
Teyes voice lifetime
Teyes cam rec

I and others have made requests for aus radio stations. All ignored. Perhaps you could be of assistance and get aus Station support with your direct line to Teyes.
Teyes online is a subscription service for teyes and so it should be - it is not free to host this service - i see no problem with that

Teyes voice is free - perform a factory restart on your teyes head unit and once it reboots connect it to the internet to activate

Teyes Reverse Camera Recorder is free - normally activation dialogue comes on after factory reset. If that occurs, simply connect the head unit to the internet and press the refresh button on the dialogue screen. In time it will recieve activation signal

if you want to share in private the emails used for the requests i will push them through and enquire what the delay is. 1 client said took a week and it loaded automatically for him. if its been longer then a week then contact me privately on XDA - i also want this function working for australians

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
Teyes online is a subscription service for teyes and so it should be - it is not free to host this service - i see no problem with that

Teyes voice is free - perform a factory restart on your teyes head unit and once it reboots connect it to the internet to activate

Teyes Reverse Camera Recorder is free - normally activation dialogue comes on after factory reset. If that occurs, simply connect the head unit to the internet and press the refresh button on the dialogue screen. In time it will recieve activation signal

if you want to share in private the emails used for the requests i will push them through and enquire what the delay is. 1 client said took a week and it loaded automatically for him. if its been longer then a week then contact me privately on XDA - i also want this function working for australians
My device says teyes voice is 12 month trial not lifetime?
Teyes camera rec does not change with factory reset to activated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No you don't have to connect aux cable. Connect only AMP-CON with AMP cable. In canbus settings choose XP->Mitsubishi->Mitsubishi->XP(M)2014. For better audio try to disable 5.1. I will post later my audio settings. Also it seems that the cable of canbus that is provided with cc3 is simple and don't have all access of our amp and car central heating. Check in link and link 2 the correct cable that we need for our car (use translate)
    Well, Their support wasn't much help just told me to update the canbus. I noticed that the links that there Canbus they bought has a extra white Connector that goes into the C connector in the radio which seems to be for the canbus. I was hoping maybe teyes would send me the right one but not sure if that will happen. I also tried the canbus settings you told me but im not able to change any of the settings in the Vehicle settings app that shows up. Are you able to change any of the settings?
    Hi, as dealer representing Manufacturer "Teyes Australia" what is the timeline to have this Microphone issue corrected by Teyes, that is, when an external mic is plugged in, the internal microphone is correctly disconnected.

A proper manufacturer resolve will mean that buyers are not correcting design flaws at their expense.

Guys, I think we need to be realistic here. These folks are rebranding/repackaging units made by someone else, and overall, they're a pretty amazing bargain for what you're getting. Some bugs and "design flaws" are to be expected with any product, especially something like this....and let's face it, your presence on this forum is strong evidence that you're comfortable with tweaking the design and customizing things to your liking. And at the end of the day, this is a pretty minor hiccup. If Apple or Samsung dickered something like this, you can bet dollars to donuts they'd ignore the hell out of it.

It is unfortunate that it hasn't been addressed over iterations....but again, see above. It's really a minor bother, if it's even noticed....most people won't.

Anyhow, my apologies in advance if this is considered OT by mods. I just appreciate that dude is at least here trying to help. Again, this is probably more help than you'd get from Crapple or Samsung.
    That pcb has a conector on it. I opened, put tape on first two pins and put it back.Ps. image is from internet
    That pcb has a conector on it. I opened, put tape on first two pins and put it back.Ps. image is from internet
    I also found this page by @gordgelin : https://vk.com/@teyes_by_maga-vneshnii-mikrofon
    Right-click to translate to English
    @ekolpack you dont have to open all unit, look at the side where capacitive buttons are.
    The OP had a discussion with us and it was decided that he will not be permitted to sell here but offer technical support only. So anything connected to prices, comparisons with other units/manufacturers etc will be outside the understanding.

Guys, why don't we take him at face value and see whether he is offering support or not? I agree that the reputation of resellers has taken a beating but why don't we give him a chance? Even if he is able to resolve some issues of atleast some users, his being on XDA would be justified.

I hope you all understand that it was in the interest of the users that it was decided to permit him to operate here.

Moderator Announcement

This is a thread regarding technical support or solving of technical problems ONLY! No references to sales, prices, comparisons, orders, consumer rights etc. are accepted and off-topic in this thread. The thread has been cleaned in this respect.

@TEYESAustralia Even if users raise questions on those issues, I'd appreciate if YOU tell them that no such information will be provided in the thread.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    Moderator Announcement

This thread has been cleaned already multiple times - and I just did it again! The scope of this thread has been clearly defined and announced. If somebody doesn't like these left and right arcs or the thread, please just move on without posting. I've also removed (hopefully) all links and references to a specific Russian phone related website (not affiliated with XDA at all), other social media and commercial websites. XDA is not just another social media; it's a privately owned website that runs based on its own Forum Rules implemented by the site owners. If someone is unhappy with the rules, please contact the site owner or administrators. If you're unable to accept a thread's existence, please just report the thread or contact any moderator privately but don't post your disagreement in a thread.

I've now subscribed to this thread and will monitor it closely. I reserve the right to temporarily or permanently revoke write permissions in this thread from any poster whose post is not in line with the forum rules and the above quoted guidance.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator

I have not had a problem with google login, please contact me in PM to discuss

The market has moved towards completely buttonless, looks alot better too. In regards to you subaru, contact me in PM to discuss.
    thank you

Hello, please send me a DM with a picture of your dash and confirm model year.

Thank you

Can you send some links to my inbox to these reviews for the issues you state for the Honda accord euro 8?

gremlin190 and ejacobs, in regards to this issue, please provide your whatsapp numbers in PM

Thank you

Hello we need to speak to engineer regarding this issue, I believe we spoke on another mode. If your having trouble getting in contact pass me your whatsapp number in private.

sorry for the late response

Hello sorry this is not monitored, best way is by email and phone. Sometimes we get to busy and myself have been unwell for weeks but now recovering.
    Email me so I have your contact
    It is found on our website, there is one other dealing with similar issue to yours. thank you

You may need a forced firmware reset
    contact
    @TEYESAustralia Please provide your support here in the thread and refrain from attempts to drag members to whatever private means. Only public support helps all XDA members. A thread that doesn't provide this public support is eventually going to be closed.
    I've removed every link I found to your commercial website. Please don't use it in this thread.
    Hello all, TEYES Australia is now online. The audience is not just Australia but a more western audience.

XDA members are thorough in their questions and suggestions. Any value adding advice for the site would be greatly appreciated.

We are working on expanding the accessory range - what do you think adds value?

Thank you all!
    Can we have an admin corroborate if this is true? We don't need the details of what was talked about, just whether the above is true. Also, I found a picture of the Teyes engineering team discussing all mentioned software issues.
    View attachment 5246243
    The OP had a discussion with us and it was decided that he will not be permitted to sell here but offer technical support only. So anything connected to prices, comparisons with other units/manufacturers etc will be outside the understanding.

Guys, why don't we take him at face value and see whether he is offering support or not? I agree that the reputation of resellers has taken a beating but why don't we give him a chance? Even if he is able to resolve some issues of atleast some users, his being on XDA would be justified.

I hope you all understand that it was in the interest of the users that it was decided to permit him to operate here.
    MOD ACTION:

Thread cleaned.

I have said this before and I will say it again.

This thread is allowed for tech support of the products. Any post not relevant to that is off topic and will be removed.

Next time it happens, there may be harsher reactions because we can't be simply cleaning threads of off topic posts.

And once anyone reports a post as violative of the Rules, please stop responding to that post in the thread. If you do not, it becomes difficult to identify the offender and initiate action.

Please cooperate so that all the users have a pleasant experience here.

Thank you.
    {Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted}

I'm an Australian buyer who has just purchased and received a CC3 through Teyes Australia. I sent Dan from Teyes Australia numerous emails with questions and he always answered within hours. I never expected that he would stock in Australia the thousands of possible wiring and facia kits. His contact details and phone number are all over the Teyes Aus website.

One of the main concerns I had was the facia for my 2017 Kia Soul. There are two available and the one for the Australian spec Soul showed two extra cutouts that I didn't need. He was straight onto the supplier/warehouse in China to check the stock and had a photo of my facia back that very evening. It was perfect.

There are two possible radios in the series 2 Soul and two possible wiring plugs. The kit was delivered with both possible plugs which made basic install really easy.

I am going to chase Dan up with a couple of improvement requests. I hope that with his contacts back in China that he might be able to get a result.
    - the ability to export video files from the dashcam DVR to the hard drive or a USB stick
    - how do I get Australian radio icons added to the radio unit. It appears to be based on gps coordinates. Do I specify Sydney NSW, or my specific outer suburb location. ?

My overall impression of Dan from Teyes is 5 out of 5. The local logistics company they use only gets a 2 out of 5. It sat in limbo in Australia for nearly 2 weeks before being delivered. Their website said they attempted delivery once but I was home all day and they didn't. When it finally turned up it was in a small sedan hatch packed to the roof with boxes. Not at all professional.

My thoughts on the CC3 ? It is excellent. It looks fantastic in my Soul and a vast improvement. Everything works well. I modified the wiring to use my existing 6 volt rear view camera but the resolution looks pretty [email protected] on the high res screen. My next project might be to retrofit the new camera to the existing moulding in the rear hatch.