Search This thread

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
What is the email address?
Hi @Starkles69 , your unit is an FYT type, branded as "Joying", "Idoing" or even "Teyes".

I suggest you might find information related to this issue in FYT threads in this forum as there are a couple of quite knowledgeable FYT owners that regularly post. They know the issues, bugs and workarounds for these units.

{Mod edit: Off-topic parts removed}

Last edited by a moderator:

Nsx93

Nov 6, 2011
Spro+ model. On latest firmware.

Anyone else have problem with Bluetooth calling volume being very low even at max?
It is very frustrating when you cant hear what the person on the other end is saying.
i have try whatsapp tech support. The person keep saying it doesnt happen on ”HIS” t’eyes radio. Well, that’s nice his doesnt have this problem but mine does. It is rather frustrating when you try to use hand-free calling in your vehicle and with volume on phone and radio at max, you still have a hard time hearing what the other person is saying. I should not have to even max out the radio’s volume while on the phone. Even at 50% or less should been adequate.
Any idea?

Reactions: marchnz

CaliBurr

May 14, 2021
MY reseller, {Mod edit} gave me an update that fixed google login issue. I have playstore and whatever other google products I need. Thier support is very good too. The only issue I have right now is the AUX in through RCA input has no way to turn it on and my subwoofer High and low frequency selection is reversed from the android settings, and Low is high and high is low. @Nside_R

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
MY reseller gave me an update that fixed google login issue. I have playstore and whatever other google products I need. Thier support is very good too. The only issue I have right now is the AUX in through RCA input has no way to turn it on and my subwoofer High and low frequency selection is reversed from the android settings, and Low is high and high is low. @Nside_R
Can you try this please, multiple customers reported success with this method
Screenshot_20210625-172033_WhatsApp.jpg

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
Hi @Starkles69 , your unit is an FYT type, branded as "Joying", "Idoing" or even "Teyes".

I suggest you might find information related to this issue in FYT threads in this forum as there are a couple of quite knowledgeable FYT owners that regularly post. They know the issues, bugs and workarounds for these units.
Fortunetly our support has been good, however we have been overwhelmed by aliexpress customers, there are 3 dedicated technical support numbers for this cause. We have our own channel due to the high demand. XDA is also a good resource to limit the load. SIM card issues majority of the time have been a basic process.

below is a snippet of what people should do before contacting support for SIM card issues

1624718692185.png

{Mod edit: Commercial link removed}

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Fortunetly our support has been good, however we have been overwhelmed by aliexpress customers, there are 3 dedicated technical support numbers for this cause. We have our own channel due to the high demand. XDA is also a good resource to limit the load. SIM card issues majority of the time have been a basic process.

below is a snippet of what people should do before contacting support for SIM card issues

View attachment 5348329
He's saying he tried multiple sim cards, like the article lists, but still doesn't work.

What steps should he follow when multiple Sim cards without passwords do not work on the FYT head unit?

Have seen the china based whatsapp support numbers you mention, are you saying people should use the china based support?

Yes, XDA is a good option, typically people join XDA because their grey-box sellers have stopped responding to their requests for support.

{Mod edit}

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
He's saying he tried multiple sim cards, like the article lists, but still doesn't work.

What steps should he follow when multiple Sim cards without passwords do not work on the FYT head unit?

Have seen the china based whatsapp support numbers you mention, are you saying people should use the china based support?

Yes, XDA is a good option, typically people join XDA because their grey-box sellers have stopped responding to their requests for support.

Fortunately in Australia, if reseller stops responding to support there's also consumer laws which protect the buyer in the scenario you mention.

That consumer protection extends to compensation "for damages and losses you suffer due to a problem with a product or service if the supplier could have reasonably foreseen the problem", therefore sellers of these grey-box products are at risk when unable to resolve issues, especially known issues.

If the steps mentioned previously do not work then further support is to be escalated to support as I already mentioned. As I said those steps are to be followed before contacting support. He would be unlucky if they all had pins, but he hasn't confirmed this either.

All aliexpress purchases are to get support from their seller. We are under no obligation to help but do so if time permits and because we like to help. We hope to catalogue issues here for other people searching for a solution to find.

I have contacted this person twice now and had no response in how he went.

Not sure which sellers in Australia your talking about or how it's relevant because this person bought from aliexpress. However your right, sellers should provide support just like we do. Any businesses should help their customers and thank you for pointing that out.

In the interest of keeping on topic of fault finding and discussion of CC3 units, that's is all I have to say regarding customers and where they do business.

Last edited:
Reactions: rmb3218

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
I find it humorous that a reseller will put out "support documents" that basically faults the user for any issues, as if they don't know how to insert a SIM card, even when said user already mentioned hes tried many SIM cards and none of them work. Your responses have mostly been dismissive or again, placing the fault on the user. Perhaps you should direct the user to check his APN, since i've found that these grey boxes lack many APN's and I've had to manually set it on mine as well.

Reactions: FMode and marchnz

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
I find it humorous that a reseller will put out "support documents" that basically faults the user for any issues, as if they don't know how to insert a SIM card, even when said user already mentioned hes tried many SIM cards and none of them work. Your responses have mostly been dismissive or again, placing the fault on the user. Perhaps you should direct the user to check his APN, since i've found that these grey boxes lack many APN's and I've had to manually set it on mine as well.
Many instances of these 3 steps being the main issue unfortunately. You shouldn't laugh at users not knowing.

It's great we go out of our way to slowly build up support documents for reference. This can be used by everyone and is a positive thing.

However since your here you can be constructive in APN advice if your confident that is the problem and that will help others in XDA. Again as I mentioned we have gone out of our way to contact this person twice and no reply.

Thank you

MizzPrincezz

Dec 24, 2008
I’ve installed two CC3’s so far and I’ve worked all of the small kinks I had out like changing the language to English and fitting the cables into the tight space of my G37. I also sent a CC2 to a sibling and they love it.

The biggest issue I had was that the RCA sub outs were reversed but I did the June 15th update and it fixed it. My unit is the 6gb RAM/128gb ROM version and it’s really fluid.

I had the PX6 Tesla Style screen before and the CC3 is leaps and bounds ahead of it.

Video of my install and audio upgrade:

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
I’ve installed two CC3’s so far and I’ve worked all of the small kinks I had out like changing the language to English and fitting the cables into the tight space of my G37. I also sent a CC2 to a sibling and they love it.

The biggest issue I had was that the RCA sub outs were reversed but I did the June 15th update and it fixed it. My unit is the 6gb RAM/128gb ROM version and it’s really fluid.

I had the PX6 Tesla Style screen before and the CC3 is leaps and bounds ahead of it.

Video of my install and audio upgrade:
That is awesome, great to have you here!

Reactions: MizzPrincezz

Starkles69

Jan 4, 2021
Thank you so much for this reply. It solved the issue! For anyone wondering, the official support is exactly as you have described. They told me, at least ten times (not exaggerating) to contact my carrier to activate my sim (despite me telling them it was activated, sending a screen shot of my sim activation elconfirmation email…. Etc). I love the unit but if something goes wrong you are really on your own with these things.

aussie2802

Oct 16, 2010
Thank you so much for this reply. It solved the issue! For anyone wondering, the official support is exactly as you have described. They told me, at least ten times (not exaggerating) to contact my carrier to activate my sim (despite me telling them it was activated, sending a screen shot of my sim activation elconfirmation email…. Etc). I love the unit but if something goes wrong you are really on your own with these things.
I also tried communicant with the 3 technicians with issues....it's very hit and miss.

I have 2 issues. Obd2 reader with CC3. When I bluetooth pair and plug into car (Mahindra Pik-Up) it triggers my abs light comes on the dash. They just don't understand the issue.

Issues 2 I bought the Teyes universal SWC. wiring diagram was fine but no English instructions on how to sync commands with CC3. The Engineer said sorry there are no instructions.

I fixed issue 2 thanks to Dan, the Australian Teyes representative. I'll upload video to YouTube to help others. OBD2 reader issue still remains.

Teyes CC3 is great. English tech support is poor. If they just upload videos in English for each option on installation and configuration the user experience would be greatly enhanced.

rmb3218

Nov 17, 2017
Yackandandah
I also tried communicant with the 3 technicians with issues....it's very hit and miss.

I have 2 issues. Obd2 reader with CC3. When I bluetooth pair and plug into car (Mahindra Pik-Up) it triggers my abs light comes on the dash. They just don't understand the issue.

Issues 2 I bought the Teyes universal SWC. wiring diagram was fine but no English instructions on how to sync commands with CC3. The Engineer said sorry there are no instructions.

I fixed issue 2 thanks to Dan, the Australian Teyes representative. I'll upload video to YouTube to help others. OBD2 reader issue still remains.

Teyes CC3 is great. English tech support is poor. If they just upload videos in English for each option on installation and configuration the user experience would be greatly enhanced.
With regard to the OBD2 issue triggering ABS light, i have had similar issue on Toyota 79 series Landcruiser. It was causing the glow plugs not to work & was caused by the OBD2 dongle. Theere are a number of the cheaper OBD2 dongles that cause issues with a cars ECU.

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
Many instances of these 3 steps being the main issue unfortunately. You shouldn't laugh at users not knowing.
I wasn't laughing at the user, i was laughing at the piss poor documentation put out by the reseller. As you'll notice, my indirect advice regarding checking the APN has helped the user with their issues and they got it working.
It's humorous that they insisted to the user that the issue was the SIM card and they need to get it activated, when it was the APN all along. Also, let's say you're right and the SIM card needed to be activated, Android is smart enough to detect that the SIM needs activation and will display a notification requesting activation, at least on phones it does. Who knows how badly the FYT team butchered the base Android os to accommodate their flustercuck software/hardware that it might not even warn the user about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: marchnz

rmb3218

Nov 17, 2017
Yackandandah
Interested in everyones opinion of the quality & fit of the replacement fascias Teyes supplies. I will be getting one for a 79 series Landcruiser.

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Moderator Announcement

This is a thread regarding technical support or solving of technical problems ONLY! No references to sales, prices, comparisons, orders, consumer rights etc. are accepted and off-topic in this thread. The thread has been cleaned in this respect.

@TEYESAustralia Even if users raise questions on those issues, I'd appreciate if YOU tell them that no such information will be provided in the thread.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator

brock.rhodes

Jul 19, 2021
I had the same problem as a few other people, where my Telstra data sim was not working with my Teyes CC2 Plus headunit. I previously had a Optus data sim and that worked, so the problem was isolated to Telstra. As others had pointed out, updating the APN details on the headunit fixed this problem.

Here are the APN details I used: https://www.finder.com.au/fix-apn-problems

Reactions: rmb3218

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello
    I am new here! I just purchased the new cc3 2k 6/128gb! I have some problems with bluetooth call and others! Where can I explain?
    Explain here ....
    Include lots of details.. car / model / mobile / exact problem ?
    Wired or wireless.. is your mobile software up to date ?

Self install ?
    Unit from Australia or AliExpress
    Are there any plans to release a Teyes CC4 using the 7870 CPU?
    nobody knows for sure what the platform is yet. but probably there will be some different versions of cc4 - cc4, cc4 pro, cc4l.
    Hello all, TEYES Australia is now online. The audience is not just Australia but a more western audience.

XDA members are thorough in their questions and suggestions. Any value adding advice for the site would be greatly appreciated.

Trolls, attacks and off topic commentary will be removed to keep this thread precise and on point for those looking for information.

This thread is not for urgent enquiries that need fast responses. If you have an order number you can contact us directly, if not we will reply in time in here when our schedule permits

Thank you all!
    The OP had a discussion with us and it was decided that he will not be permitted to sell here but offer technical support only. So anything connected to prices, comparisons with other units/manufacturers etc will be outside the understanding.

Guys, why don't we take him at face value and see whether he is offering support or not? I agree that the reputation of resellers has taken a beating but why don't we give him a chance? Even if he is able to resolve some issues of atleast some users, his being on XDA would be justified.

I hope you all understand that it was in the interest of the users that it was decided to permit him to operate here.

Moderator Announcement

This is a thread regarding technical support or solving of technical problems ONLY! No references to sales, prices, comparisons, orders, consumer rights etc. are accepted and off-topic in this thread. The thread has been cleaned in this respect.

@TEYESAustralia Even if users raise questions on those issues, I'd appreciate if YOU tell them that no such information will be provided in the thread.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    Moderator Announcement

This thread has been cleaned already multiple times - and I just did it again! The scope of this thread has been clearly defined and announced. If somebody doesn't like these left and right arcs or the thread, please just move on without posting. I've also removed (hopefully) all links and references to a specific Russian phone related website (not affiliated with XDA at all), other social media and commercial websites. XDA is not just another social media; it's a privately owned website that runs based on its own Forum Rules implemented by the site owners. If someone is unhappy with the rules, please contact the site owner or administrators. If you're unable to accept a thread's existence, please just report the thread or contact any moderator privately but don't post your disagreement in a thread.

I've now subscribed to this thread and will monitor it closely. I reserve the right to temporarily or permanently revoke write permissions in this thread from any poster whose post is not in line with the forum rules and the above quoted guidance.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator

I have not had a problem with google login, please contact me in PM to discuss

The market has moved towards completely buttonless, looks alot better too. In regards to you subaru, contact me in PM to discuss.
    thank you

Hello, please send me a DM with a picture of your dash and confirm model year.

Thank you

Can you send some links to my inbox to these reviews for the issues you state for the Honda accord euro 8?

gremlin190 and ejacobs, in regards to this issue, please provide your whatsapp numbers in PM

Thank you

Hello we need to speak to engineer regarding this issue, I believe we spoke on another mode. If your having trouble getting in contact pass me your whatsapp number in private.

sorry for the late response

Hello sorry this is not monitored, best way is by email and phone. Sometimes we get to busy and myself have been unwell for weeks but now recovering.
    Email me so I have your contact
    It is found on our website, there is one other dealing with similar issue to yours. thank you

You may need a forced firmware reset
    contact
    @TEYESAustralia Please provide your support here in the thread and refrain from attempts to drag members to whatever private means. Only public support helps all XDA members. A thread that doesn't provide this public support is eventually going to be closed.
    I've removed every link I found to your commercial website. Please don't use it in this thread.
    Can we have an admin corroborate if this is true? We don't need the details of what was talked about, just whether the above is true. Also, I found a picture of the Teyes engineering team discussing all mentioned software issues.
    View attachment 5246243
    The OP had a discussion with us and it was decided that he will not be permitted to sell here but offer technical support only. So anything connected to prices, comparisons with other units/manufacturers etc will be outside the understanding.

Guys, why don't we take him at face value and see whether he is offering support or not? I agree that the reputation of resellers has taken a beating but why don't we give him a chance? Even if he is able to resolve some issues of atleast some users, his being on XDA would be justified.

I hope you all understand that it was in the interest of the users that it was decided to permit him to operate here.
    MOD ACTION:

Thread cleaned.

I have said this before and I will say it again.

This thread is allowed for tech support of the products. Any post not relevant to that is off topic and will be removed.

Next time it happens, there may be harsher reactions because we can't be simply cleaning threads of off topic posts.

And once anyone reports a post as violative of the Rules, please stop responding to that post in the thread. If you do not, it becomes difficult to identify the offender and initiate action.

Please cooperate so that all the users have a pleasant experience here.

Thank you.
    {Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted}

I'm an Australian buyer who has just purchased and received a CC3 through Teyes Australia. I sent Dan from Teyes Australia numerous emails with questions and he always answered within hours. I never expected that he would stock in Australia the thousands of possible wiring and facia kits. His contact details and phone number are all over the Teyes Aus website.

One of the main concerns I had was the facia for my 2017 Kia Soul. There are two available and the one for the Australian spec Soul showed two extra cutouts that I didn't need. He was straight onto the supplier/warehouse in China to check the stock and had a photo of my facia back that very evening. It was perfect.

There are two possible radios in the series 2 Soul and two possible wiring plugs. The kit was delivered with both possible plugs which made basic install really easy.

I am going to chase Dan up with a couple of improvement requests. I hope that with his contacts back in China that he might be able to get a result.
    - the ability to export video files from the dashcam DVR to the hard drive or a USB stick
    - how do I get Australian radio icons added to the radio unit. It appears to be based on gps coordinates. Do I specify Sydney NSW, or my specific outer suburb location. ?

My overall impression of Dan from Teyes is 5 out of 5. The local logistics company they use only gets a 2 out of 5. It sat in limbo in Australia for nearly 2 weeks before being delivered. Their website said they attempted delivery once but I was home all day and they didn't. When it finally turned up it was in a small sedan hatch packed to the roof with boxes. Not at all professional.

My thoughts on the CC3 ? It is excellent. It looks fantastic in my Soul and a vast improvement. Everything works well. I modified the wiring to use my existing 6 volt rear view camera but the resolution looks pretty sh@t on the high res screen. My next project might be to retrofit the new camera to the existing moulding in the rear hatch.