Search This thread

here2rock

May 27, 2012
It only needs to connect to the brown wire on the back of the headunit

Your comments make sense, what the the manufacture of the harness has confused me after enquiring about the connection, their comments as follow:

"The purple reverse trigger wire on the APVTY04 is to accept 12 volts when the car is in reverse.

It doesn't supply 12 volts reverse trigger .

So with connecting the head unit reverse trigger input AND this APVTY04 reverse trigger TO a 12 volt reverse trigger from the rear reverse lights is fine.

The purple wire to the APVTYO4 needs 12 volts on it when it is in reverse.

The APVTYO4 then converts the 12 volts to 6 volts that powers the factory camera."

Sorry, the link to the video here:

You can discover the wire from the 6-pin and avoid the bother of wiring the taillight to the head unit by watching a simple video on how to use a multimeter on YouTube.

This is what I am trying to achieve, need to find my meter and a good instruction video, however I fear damaging the equipment, does the car need to be turned on when testing?

here2rock

May 27, 2012
I have three wires hanging from the plugs behind the HU, see below:

One is purple, one red and one green with a little fuse inside. I am not sure what the fuse does here? There are very long and terminated with plastic plugs on one side, I wonder whether these are left by Toyota for connecting devices down the track. I believe one of these is a trigger wire.

I have a Mustimeter now (first time use, lol), can someone tell me the steps involved?

I have watched a few YouTube videos but without the specific information, these are my questions:

1. Do I power the car when testing?
2. Do I put the car in reverse while testing?
2. The negative prong, where do I attach that? Metal part of the car body?

Attachments

• 20220802_223939.jpg
    20220802_223939.jpg
    938 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220802_224735.jpg
    20220802_224735.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22

TheDarkKnight1

Oct 30, 2020
I have three wires hanging from the plugs behind the HU, see below:

One is purple, one red and one green with a little fuse inside. I am not sure what the fuse does here? There are very long and terminated with plastic plugs on one side, I wonder whether these are left by Toyota for connecting devices down the track. I believe one of these is a trigger wire.

I have a Mustimeter now (first time use, lol), can someone tell me the steps involved?

I have watched a few YouTube videos but without the specific information, these are my questions:

1. Do I power the car when testing?
2. Do I put the car in reverse while testing?
2. The negative prong, where do I attach that? Metal part of the car body?

Yea bud. So car must be on and the wire should only give 12v+ when car is in reverse.

Turn on the car to ignition, the negative one needs to be on the negative wire behind the HU (must be black) or to metal surface of the car. Put the car in reverse and see which one is getting 12v+, if you find it then put the gear back in Parking or Drive and see if the same wire reads 0v. Make sure negative stays in its place.

here2rock

May 27, 2012
Yea bud. So car must be on and the wire should only give 12v+ when car is in reverse.

Turn on the car to ignition, the negative one needs to be on the negative wire behind the HU (must be black) or to metal surface of the car. Put the car in reverse and see which one is getting 12v+, if you find it then put the gear back in Parking or Drive and see if the same wire reads 0v. Make sure negative stays in its place.
OK thank you, a project for tonight after work, will report back. An Installer has advised me that the reverse wire is the green wire with a fuse, I will test it anyway to make sure. It it is, do I leave the fuse as it is, cut the termination point, and link this with Brown wire from HY, this wire is already connected with purple wire from the Harness Adapter (they are already joined together)?

Just wondering the purpose of these wires hanging out from the plugs but not doing anything? I have not seen them in any of the YouTube videos for my car.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
OK thank you, a project for tonight after work, will report back. An Installer has advised me that the reverse wire is the green wire with a fuse, I will test it anyway to make sure. It it is, do I leave the fuse as it is, cut the termination point, and link this with Brown wire from HY, this wire is already connected with purple wire from the Harness Adapter (they are already joined together)?

Just wondering the purpose of these wires hanging out from the plugs but not doing anything? I have not seen them in any of the YouTube videos for my car.

Perhaps the installer can advise at same time. Also what the seller advised you when contacted for support.

here2rock

May 27, 2012
Perhaps the installer can advise at same time. Also what the seller advised you when contacted for support.

Seller in relation to the harness adapter?

As above:

"The purple reverse trigger wire on the APVTY04 is to accept 12 volts when the car is in reverse.

It doesn't supply 12 volts reverse trigger .

So with connecting the head unit reverse trigger input AND this APVTY04 reverse trigger TO a 12 volt reverse trigger from the rear reverse lights is fine.

The purple wire to the APVTYO4 needs 12 volts on it when it is in reverse.

The APVTYO4 then converts the 12 volts to 6 volts that powers the factory camera."

To me it seem 3 wires together.

here2rock

May 27, 2012
That worked. The green wire with the fuse was the reverse trigger wire, connected it with the purple wire + trigger input form the HU (All three wires).

Tested with the Multimeter per your instructions, thank you.

Reactions: TheDarkKnight1

Ash7612

Aug 2, 2022
Can anyone confirm if you can use your cars original DAB with the CC3 model? I want to use my aerial rather than attach an external one on my windscreen.

here2rock

May 27, 2012
Good on ya dude. Im curious why did you to connect to purple wire as well?
I went by what the manufacturer advised me, plus those were already connected so one less task for me, lol. My logic was that the camera still needed 6v to work, by connecting the 3 together the voltage would be reduced from 12 to 6, It probably would have worked without the purple wire. The purple wire is connected on the other side with a 12V to 6V reducer. See the diagram here:

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Do you have the guide for this unit? CC3 looks a little different to the ones in those pics. Those pins are so small! Almost impossible to tape those two precise pins. Where is the microphone cable? Easier disconnecting the cable.
Guide. Good grief, ask the seller for support. After all you paid a premium for an FYT unit branded as Teyes, would think that means you paid for premium support.

If not, demand it or return the unit.

Asking for support here is transferring the support cost to XDA members.

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
Do you have the guide for this unit? CC3 looks a little different to the ones in those pics. Those pins are so small! Almost impossible to tape those two precise pins. Where is the microphone cable? Easier disconnecting the cable.
This is a good guide to the CC3 and answers a lot of querys that Teyes support do not. Worth a read as the guy is a guru on Teyes products providing a lot of patches etc that improve on the units. Unfortunatley the latest firmware has put a stop to his modified firmware but he will no doubt find away around it. https://vk.com/@teyes_by_maga-rukovodstvo-po-standartnoi-provodke-teyes
Two patches I have found useful are nokill and delayed turnoff. Nokill means the unit does not kill off apps when it sleeps and delayed turnoff allows me to turn off car and Teyes turns off a few minutes later rather than immediatley.

Last edited:

jenmud

Aug 14, 2022
Hi all, I have had my t'eyes CC3 for two weeks and I removed the head unit to check why my steering wheel inputs are not working and now I have a problem where it won't turn on unless I push and hold the 'rst' button, and then it either shows a dead android with 'no command' text, or it will boot up but the touch screen won't work. And if I release the 'rst' button it will turn off again.

Is anybody able to help?

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
Hi all, I have had my t'eyes CC3 for two weeks and I removed the head unit to check why my steering wheel inputs are not working and now I have a problem where it won't turn on unless I push and hold the 'rst' button, and then it either shows a dead android with 'no command' text, or it will boot up but the touch screen won't work. And if I release the 'rst' button it will turn off again.

Is anybody able to help?
If you posted in this thread hoping for teyes Australia help forget it. There is a post in the main thread where you have already posted of someone with the same symptoms as you. He did not post a follow up but it maybe worth messaging him.
Ps if you find a solution please post in main thread to help others.

Reactions: marchnz

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ

Is anybody able to help?
Return warranty

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello
    I am new here! I just purchased the new cc3 2k 6/128gb! I have some problems with bluetooth call and others! Where can I explain?
    Explain here ....
    Include lots of details.. car / model / mobile / exact problem ?
    Wired or wireless.. is your mobile software up to date ?

Self install ?
    Unit from Australia or AliExpress
    Are there any plans to release a Teyes CC4 using the 7870 CPU?
    nobody knows for sure what the platform is yet. but probably there will be some different versions of cc4 - cc4, cc4 pro, cc4l.
    Hello all, TEYES Australia is now online. The audience is not just Australia but a more western audience.

XDA members are thorough in their questions and suggestions. Any value adding advice for the site would be greatly appreciated.

Trolls, attacks and off topic commentary will be removed to keep this thread precise and on point for those looking for information.

This thread is not for urgent enquiries that need fast responses. If you have an order number you can contact us directly, if not we will reply in time in here when our schedule permits

Thank you all!
    The OP had a discussion with us and it was decided that he will not be permitted to sell here but offer technical support only. So anything connected to prices, comparisons with other units/manufacturers etc will be outside the understanding.

Guys, why don't we take him at face value and see whether he is offering support or not? I agree that the reputation of resellers has taken a beating but why don't we give him a chance? Even if he is able to resolve some issues of atleast some users, his being on XDA would be justified.

I hope you all understand that it was in the interest of the users that it was decided to permit him to operate here.

Moderator Announcement

This is a thread regarding technical support or solving of technical problems ONLY! No references to sales, prices, comparisons, orders, consumer rights etc. are accepted and off-topic in this thread. The thread has been cleaned in this respect.

@TEYESAustralia Even if users raise questions on those issues, I'd appreciate if YOU tell them that no such information will be provided in the thread.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    Moderator Announcement

This thread has been cleaned already multiple times - and I just did it again! The scope of this thread has been clearly defined and announced. If somebody doesn't like these left and right arcs or the thread, please just move on without posting. I've also removed (hopefully) all links and references to a specific Russian phone related website (not affiliated with XDA at all), other social media and commercial websites. XDA is not just another social media; it's a privately owned website that runs based on its own Forum Rules implemented by the site owners. If someone is unhappy with the rules, please contact the site owner or administrators. If you're unable to accept a thread's existence, please just report the thread or contact any moderator privately but don't post your disagreement in a thread.

I've now subscribed to this thread and will monitor it closely. I reserve the right to temporarily or permanently revoke write permissions in this thread from any poster whose post is not in line with the forum rules and the above quoted guidance.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator

I have not had a problem with google login, please contact me in PM to discuss

The market has moved towards completely buttonless, looks alot better too. In regards to you subaru, contact me in PM to discuss.
    thank you

Hello, please send me a DM with a picture of your dash and confirm model year.

Thank you

Can you send some links to my inbox to these reviews for the issues you state for the Honda accord euro 8?

gremlin190 and ejacobs, in regards to this issue, please provide your whatsapp numbers in PM

Thank you

Hello we need to speak to engineer regarding this issue, I believe we spoke on another mode. If your having trouble getting in contact pass me your whatsapp number in private.

sorry for the late response

Hello sorry this is not monitored, best way is by email and phone. Sometimes we get to busy and myself have been unwell for weeks but now recovering.
    Email me so I have your contact
    It is found on our website, there is one other dealing with similar issue to yours. thank you

You may need a forced firmware reset
    contact
    @TEYESAustralia Please provide your support here in the thread and refrain from attempts to drag members to whatever private means. Only public support helps all XDA members. A thread that doesn't provide this public support is eventually going to be closed.
    I've removed every link I found to your commercial website. Please don't use it in this thread.
    Can we have an admin corroborate if this is true? We don't need the details of what was talked about, just whether the above is true. Also, I found a picture of the Teyes engineering team discussing all mentioned software issues.
    View attachment 5246243
    The OP had a discussion with us and it was decided that he will not be permitted to sell here but offer technical support only. So anything connected to prices, comparisons with other units/manufacturers etc will be outside the understanding.

Guys, why don't we take him at face value and see whether he is offering support or not? I agree that the reputation of resellers has taken a beating but why don't we give him a chance? Even if he is able to resolve some issues of atleast some users, his being on XDA would be justified.

I hope you all understand that it was in the interest of the users that it was decided to permit him to operate here.
    MOD ACTION:

Thread cleaned.

I have said this before and I will say it again.

This thread is allowed for tech support of the products. Any post not relevant to that is off topic and will be removed.

Next time it happens, there may be harsher reactions because we can't be simply cleaning threads of off topic posts.

And once anyone reports a post as violative of the Rules, please stop responding to that post in the thread. If you do not, it becomes difficult to identify the offender and initiate action.

Please cooperate so that all the users have a pleasant experience here.

Thank you.
    {Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted}

I'm an Australian buyer who has just purchased and received a CC3 through Teyes Australia. I sent Dan from Teyes Australia numerous emails with questions and he always answered within hours. I never expected that he would stock in Australia the thousands of possible wiring and facia kits. His contact details and phone number are all over the Teyes Aus website.

One of the main concerns I had was the facia for my 2017 Kia Soul. There are two available and the one for the Australian spec Soul showed two extra cutouts that I didn't need. He was straight onto the supplier/warehouse in China to check the stock and had a photo of my facia back that very evening. It was perfect.

There are two possible radios in the series 2 Soul and two possible wiring plugs. The kit was delivered with both possible plugs which made basic install really easy.

I am going to chase Dan up with a couple of improvement requests. I hope that with his contacts back in China that he might be able to get a result.
    - the ability to export video files from the dashcam DVR to the hard drive or a USB stick
    - how do I get Australian radio icons added to the radio unit. It appears to be based on gps coordinates. Do I specify Sydney NSW, or my specific outer suburb location. ?

My overall impression of Dan from Teyes is 5 out of 5. The local logistics company they use only gets a 2 out of 5. It sat in limbo in Australia for nearly 2 weeks before being delivered. Their website said they attempted delivery once but I was home all day and they didn't. When it finally turned up it was in a small sedan hatch packed to the roof with boxes. Not at all professional.

My thoughts on the CC3 ? It is excellent. It looks fantastic in my Soul and a vast improvement. Everything works well. I modified the wiring to use my existing 6 volt rear view camera but the resolution looks pretty sh@t on the high res screen. My next project might be to retrofit the new camera to the existing moulding in the rear hatch.