Search This thread

Hentai/With/Senpai

Aug 17, 2022
Hello all, TEYES Australia is now online. The audience is not just Australia but a more western audience.

XDA members are thorough in their questions and suggestions. Any value adding advice for the site would be greatly appreciated.

We are working on expanding the accessory range - what do you think adds value?

Thank you all!
Hello Recently ordered one of your units, and I was wondering if it was possible to upload custom dashboard background images, system sounds, or icons onto the CC3.

This question has probably been answered but I couldn't find it. Basically, I just want to put anime girls on my screen.

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Hello Recently ordered one of your units, and I was wondering if it was possible to upload custom dashboard background images, system sounds, or icons onto the CC3.

This question has probably been answered but I couldn't find it. Basically, I just want to put anime girls on my screen.
Sorry to say, Teyes units only do anime boys.

Neogx

Jan 25, 2014
san
Curious about the people that use Gordgelin firmware how do you all like it I've been thinking of switching over to try it out. On stock, I've been using the nova launcher and my own background for a while now then and all of a sudden my unit keeps loading teyes launcher every time the screen turns off. it sucks they lock it where you cant disable their launcher. Now I have to keep putting the nova launcher as default but not sticking. Have Decembers firmware still.

Last edited:

signo3d

May 28, 2022
How do you hide whatsapp contact from the unit?
Most of my contacts have whatsapp and unit shows duplicates.

deadeye920

Apr 30, 2022
Curious about the people that use Gordgelin firmware how do you all like it I've been thinking of switching over to try it out. On stock, I've been using the nova launcher and my own background for a while now then and all of a sudden my unit keeps loading teyes launcher every time the screen turns off. it sucks they lock it where you cant disable their launcher. Now I have to keep putting the nova launcher as default but not sticking. Have Decembers firmware still.
Find digital well being app and disable it.

Reactions: Neogx

here2rock

May 27, 2012
I am having an issue keeping the CC3 sit flush and securely in the dash with the trim provided. There were no clips provided by Teyes, which was disappointing for a $650 AUD HU. I am finding that OEM clips are too loose on the trim provided, they are almost impossible to take off on the original trim but come off easily on the Teyes trim. I have lost about 10 clips in the dash because they are loose.

The HU has come off loose and fallen a couple of times while driving. Any suggestions how to fix the issue?

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
I used it with no problems and am a great fan. Unfortunately Teyes in there usual uncaring attitude to users over profit have locked down firmware which may mean no more Gordgelin updates.
He still releases patches which are useful. One of the most usefull is the nokill patch. If you are not on the latest firmware you can try his free CC3 firmware and if you have any problems go back to standard. Otherwise install his nokill patch as it solves the crap reboot to the standard CC3 firmware Every other day.

Neogx

Jan 25, 2014
san
I used it with no problems and am a great fan. Unfortunately Teyes in there usual uncaring attitude to users over profit have locked down firmware which may mean no more Gordgelin updates.
He still releases patches which are useful. One of the most usefull is the nokill patch. If you are not on the latest firmware you can try his free CC3 firmware and if you have any problems go back to standard. Otherwise install his nokill patch as it solves the crap reboot to the standard CC3 firmware Every other day.
Yah it makes me regret getting teyes now I know how the company is but live and learn. Thanks for the review on his firmware I'll give it a go since I didn't update to the newest firmware

rmb3218

Nov 17, 2017
Yackandandah
I am having an issue keeping the CC3 sit flush and securely in the dash with the trim provided. There were no clips provided by Teyes, which was disappointing for a $650 AUD HU. I am finding that OEM clips are too loose on the trim provided, they are almost impossible to take off on the original trim but come off easily on the Teyes trim. I have lost about 10 clips in the dash because they are loose.

The HU has come off loose and fallen a couple of times while driving. Any suggestions how to fix the issue?
Don’t know what car you have, mine is a 79 series Landcruiser. I also had problems with the trim. I had to modify the trim & glue on the OEM clips to the Teyes trim.

here2rock

May 27, 2012
Don’t know what car you have, mine is a 79 series Landcruiser. I also had problems with the trim. I had to modify the trim & glue on the OEM clips to the Teyes trim.
I have a 2013 Toyota 86. The issue is that the clips are too loose, yes glueing them will stop them from dropping not sure if it will hold it snugly. What modifications did you do to the trim?

22Lee22

Sep 3, 2022
Can anyone please help
I have just bought a 2nd hand jeep, it came with a teyes headunit (I believe it to be a cc2 but not sure)
Everything works fine except bluetooth phone calls, the other person can hear me fine but even with volume set to full I cannot hear anything

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Can anyone please help
I have just bought a 2nd hand jeep, it came with a teyes headunit (I believe it to be a cc2 but not sure)
Everything works fine except bluetooth phone calls, the other person can hear me fine but even with volume set to full I cannot hear anything
Do you have a reputable installer in your area or willing to put the initial work in to describe the things you've checked and done

Last edited:

22Lee22

Sep 3, 2022
Do you have a reputable installer in your area or willing to put the initial work in to describe the things you've checked and done
I live remote, nobody in my area.
I have connected my phone via Bluetooth, set my phone to send calls and audio to the unit.
I can hear bluetoothed songs through the radio, but not phone calls, although the person on the other end of the call can hear me perfectly

mjcummins

Nov 19, 2012
Bowen, Queensland, Australia 4805
TEYES CC3 (non-360)
WARNING: I just purchased one of these units from aliexpress, with a rear view camera and DVR. Whilst in general I'd say this unit was worth the $820 AUD purchase, there is a deal breaker. The steering wheel controls don't work. This was the main reason I finally purchased this.
The unit was supplied to specifically work in and fit a KIA Cerato YD 2013-2020 Right Hand Drive.
The adapter cable supplied with the unit has two pin for measuring the set resistances caused when operating each button function. One wire was correct, but the other went to a vacant pin? I researched the internet and found the correct pin, which the adapter cable had shorted to the negative supply to the head unit. I tested this thoroughly, and corrected the fault.
Still doesn't read the resistances correctly.

So, I have a sea anchor, and Teyes don't seem cooperative, even though they supplied faulty equipment. Because in Russian which I translated:-
④If you encounter problems during installation, such as mismatched connection wires, mismatched grooves of the plastic frame, etc., please do not modify the product yourself. Contact our engineers, technical support or installation centers.
⑤ Please note that disassembling the device yourself, cutting wires or breaking the transition frame excludes the possibility of returning the goods and warranty service.
Ah well, my own fault, but this wasn't written in english and supplied with the unit. It was only revealed after lodging a complain on AliExpress.
Other than a rudimentary wiring guide, there are no instructions supplied with the unit.
BUYER BEWARE. I think this little life lesson has cost me $820 AUD up in smoke.

I have put a guide to what is wrong in the attached file if people are putting this in a KIA car.
I recommend you double check https://pinoutguide.com/ for any vehicle before you install, and don't try to fix yourself.

Attachments

• Kia Cerato YD 2016 stereo pinout.pdf
    62.8 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: T-H-T

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
Those pdfs from that site don't look like they're from the manufacturer.

For Kia, and I believe Hyundai too, they have a site where you can register for a fee. Different fees for different lengths of time. For Kia it's called KGIS. I think it may be only for North American models but I think there are others internationally and some may apply across the board. I signed up for 72 hours to get schematics and photographs of Wiring and connections on my 2012 Kia Sorento.

That way there's no question about pinout. As for your model, I would think that a 2016 model would use a Canbus module. That may explain why steering wheel controls don't work. Proper schematics would tell you for sure.

mjcummins

Nov 19, 2012
Those pdfs from that site don't look like they're from the manufacturer.

For Kia, and I believe Hyundai too, they have a site where you can register for a fee. Different fees for different lengths of time. For Kia it's called KGIS. I think it may be only for North American models but I think there are others internationally and some may apply across the board. I signed up for 72 hours to get schematics and photographs of Wiring and connections on my 2012 Kia Sorento.

That way there's no question about pinout. As for your model, I would think that a 2016 model would use a Canbus module. That may explain why steering wheel controls don't work. Proper schematics would tell you for sure.
Thank mastrv
No, it's definitely not canbus. Please see my YouTube video linked below.
I'm a control systems engineer, but I'm more into Industrial plant Modbus, Devicenet, EthernetIP, etc ; not canbus and I would never claim to be an efficient auto-elec. But, I can work out what's happened.

The PDF's are based on the website, with verification by myself (again see video). They aren't the final version, but once I have completely worked out all the wiring involved in this project and my specific car, I'll report for others to reference.

I have previously been supplied wiring diagrams by multiple suppliers on many types of equipment, and found errors.

Poor quality amateur youtube video here -> Finding correct pins for Kia Sorento YD 2016 steering wheel controls

Reactions: T-H-T and ve3bow

ve3bow

May 26, 2009
Hi just bought my 85yr old mother in-law's 2017 Kia Sorento, with the understanding that my wife will be using it to transport the old folks in it as they grow more dependent on us. I would like to put a proper head unit in it for my wife to enjoy, as it has the bottom tier factory system and no rear camera etc.

I don't see any "kit" offerings from any of the usual suspects. Have you a recommendation for a type/manufacturer of head unit that will likely work this with vehicle? My 2005 Jetta wagon has PX5/QD unit I installed several years ago and I do have some buyer's remorse as wiring it was a bit of a kludge and the OS/Apps are pretty crappy.

Thanks for kindly posting the wiring debug, you saved me a lot of time. I'm a scientific computing / research support engineer and not a car audio expert, but like you I am thankful my training and experience are a help in muddling my way through things. Hopefully I can return the favour to you.

mjcummins

Nov 19, 2012
Not sure why you are posting in this thread and not main thread. The aus seller has already stated he will not help aliexpress buyers although with his lack of interest lately it probably applies to all purchasers.
What main thread?

And, yes he has dropped support by the looks. Obviously his profits came from direct purchasing from the Aussie warehouse.

Shame, but I'll pursue the issue via aliexpress

kennygoers

Mar 23, 2011
Hello,

I've recently purchased a CC3 package for F150 (via AliExpress and regretting that already) but your site mentioned a potential issue with the OEM (Sony) Amplifier if installed, says if there are issues to connect the Blue Can-Amp wire to the Orange Can-Detect but I can't find a reference that mentions the Can-Detect, can you help with that? Support is spotty at best via the Russian people which seem to be responsible for AliExpress purchases.

Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all, TEYES Australia is now online. The audience is not just Australia but a more western audience.

XDA members are thorough in their questions and suggestions. Any value adding advice for the site would be greatly appreciated.

Trolls, attacks and off topic commentary will be removed to keep this thread precise and on point for those looking for information.

This thread is not for urgent enquiries that need fast responses. If you have an order number you can contact us directly, if not we will reply in time in here when our schedule permits

Thank you all!
    The OP had a discussion with us and it was decided that he will not be permitted to sell here but offer technical support only. So anything connected to prices, comparisons with other units/manufacturers etc will be outside the understanding.

Guys, why don't we take him at face value and see whether he is offering support or not? I agree that the reputation of resellers has taken a beating but why don't we give him a chance? Even if he is able to resolve some issues of atleast some users, his being on XDA would be justified.

I hope you all understand that it was in the interest of the users that it was decided to permit him to operate here.

Moderator Announcement

This is a thread regarding technical support or solving of technical problems ONLY! No references to sales, prices, comparisons, orders, consumer rights etc. are accepted and off-topic in this thread. The thread has been cleaned in this respect.

@TEYESAustralia Even if users raise questions on those issues, I'd appreciate if YOU tell them that no such information will be provided in the thread.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    Moderator Announcement

This thread has been cleaned already multiple times - and I just did it again! The scope of this thread has been clearly defined and announced. If somebody doesn't like these left and right arcs or the thread, please just move on without posting. I've also removed (hopefully) all links and references to a specific Russian phone related website (not affiliated with XDA at all), other social media and commercial websites. XDA is not just another social media; it's a privately owned website that runs based on its own Forum Rules implemented by the site owners. If someone is unhappy with the rules, please contact the site owner or administrators. If you're unable to accept a thread's existence, please just report the thread or contact any moderator privately but don't post your disagreement in a thread.

I've now subscribed to this thread and will monitor it closely. I reserve the right to temporarily or permanently revoke write permissions in this thread from any poster whose post is not in line with the forum rules and the above quoted guidance.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator

I have not had a problem with google login, please contact me in PM to discuss

The market has moved towards completely buttonless, looks alot better too. In regards to you subaru, contact me in PM to discuss.
    thank you

Hello, please send me a DM with a picture of your dash and confirm model year.

Thank you

Can you send some links to my inbox to these reviews for the issues you state for the Honda accord euro 8?

gremlin190 and ejacobs, in regards to this issue, please provide your whatsapp numbers in PM

Thank you

Hello we need to speak to engineer regarding this issue, I believe we spoke on another mode. If your having trouble getting in contact pass me your whatsapp number in private.

sorry for the late response

Hello sorry this is not monitored, best way is by email and phone. Sometimes we get to busy and myself have been unwell for weeks but now recovering.
    Email me so I have your contact
    It is found on our website, there is one other dealing with similar issue to yours. thank you

You may need a forced firmware reset
    contact
    @TEYESAustralia Please provide your support here in the thread and refrain from attempts to drag members to whatever private means. Only public support helps all XDA members. A thread that doesn't provide this public support is eventually going to be closed.
    I've removed every link I found to your commercial website. Please don't use it in this thread.
    Can we have an admin corroborate if this is true? We don't need the details of what was talked about, just whether the above is true. Also, I found a picture of the Teyes engineering team discussing all mentioned software issues.
    View attachment 5246243
    The OP had a discussion with us and it was decided that he will not be permitted to sell here but offer technical support only. So anything connected to prices, comparisons with other units/manufacturers etc will be outside the understanding.

Guys, why don't we take him at face value and see whether he is offering support or not? I agree that the reputation of resellers has taken a beating but why don't we give him a chance? Even if he is able to resolve some issues of atleast some users, his being on XDA would be justified.

I hope you all understand that it was in the interest of the users that it was decided to permit him to operate here.
    MOD ACTION:

Thread cleaned.

I have said this before and I will say it again.

This thread is allowed for tech support of the products. Any post not relevant to that is off topic and will be removed.

Next time it happens, there may be harsher reactions because we can't be simply cleaning threads of off topic posts.

And once anyone reports a post as violative of the Rules, please stop responding to that post in the thread. If you do not, it becomes difficult to identify the offender and initiate action.

Please cooperate so that all the users have a pleasant experience here.

Thank you.
    {Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted}

I'm an Australian buyer who has just purchased and received a CC3 through Teyes Australia. I sent Dan from Teyes Australia numerous emails with questions and he always answered within hours. I never expected that he would stock in Australia the thousands of possible wiring and facia kits. His contact details and phone number are all over the Teyes Aus website.

One of the main concerns I had was the facia for my 2017 Kia Soul. There are two available and the one for the Australian spec Soul showed two extra cutouts that I didn't need. He was straight onto the supplier/warehouse in China to check the stock and had a photo of my facia back that very evening. It was perfect.

There are two possible radios in the series 2 Soul and two possible wiring plugs. The kit was delivered with both possible plugs which made basic install really easy.

I am going to chase Dan up with a couple of improvement requests. I hope that with his contacts back in China that he might be able to get a result.
    - the ability to export video files from the dashcam DVR to the hard drive or a USB stick
    - how do I get Australian radio icons added to the radio unit. It appears to be based on gps coordinates. Do I specify Sydney NSW, or my specific outer suburb location. ?

My overall impression of Dan from Teyes is 5 out of 5. The local logistics company they use only gets a 2 out of 5. It sat in limbo in Australia for nearly 2 weeks before being delivered. Their website said they attempted delivery once but I was home all day and they didn't. When it finally turned up it was in a small sedan hatch packed to the roof with boxes. Not at all professional.

My thoughts on the CC3 ? It is excellent. It looks fantastic in my Soul and a vast improvement. Everything works well. I modified the wiring to use my existing 6 volt rear view camera but the resolution looks pretty sh@t on the high res screen. My next project might be to retrofit the new camera to the existing moulding in the rear hatch.