• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Teyes CC2 anyone? Does it work with HeadUnit Reloaded?

Search This thread

pLx_

Feb 20, 2016
Hey everyone! Hope I'm not making any mistakes here, I'm very new to this section and to the AA world, so apologies in advance if this is the wrong section!

I've set my eyes on this HU: the Teyes CC2. They have a lot of sales but for some reason, I find very little on Google about these units.

Does anybody here have one and know if it supports HeadUnit Reloaded please?

Thanks a lot!

Flemischguy

Dec 15, 2014
Antwerp
Well, i'm also looking about more information about that head unit on XDA. It seems to be very popular in Russia and Vietnam, you can find a lot of videos on YouTube about it, and rarely some in English from a guy in the United states that installed a CC2 head unit in his Jeep.
3 days ago, i posted some questions but didn't get any response to my following questions... @ the people who have this head unit, how good is Teyes CC2 head unit? What are the pros and cons of this device? Does the ventilator cool indeed the CPU if you put it to the test with An tutu or another test, and how good is the performance of this SC 9853 cpu from Intel, compared to the PX 5 and 6? How's the customer support if there is a problem? Does this IPS screen influences the DAB+ reception if you set the screen brightness on high or low? I have an external DAB+ antenna and if i put my screen brightness on his lowest, i got an much better DAB+ reception with my current head unit (the screen causes a lot of electromagnetic interference (EMI) that blocks the DAB+ signals . Is this also the case with this head unit? that's a lot of questions, but i wanted to know first handed from people who own a Teyes CC2 head unit.

I hope someone with a Teyes CC2 will respond to this thread.

Last edited:

pLx_

Feb 20, 2016
Same here!

You might find this review quite interesting, it's in Russian but not a problem with Chrome's translator. Also you can post questions in the comments and the author seems to speak very good English: http://buyandtell.net/teyes-s-pro-2gb-ram-32gb-rom-for-renault-megane-2/

I really like the unit and based on that review it's really powerful for the price, but I do not want to spend 250 Euro on Aliexpress before I know for certain if HeadUnit reloaded will work on it or not :(

Flemischguy

Dec 15, 2014
Antwerp
Same here!

You might find this review quite interesting, it's in Russian but not a problem with Chrome's translator. Also you can post questions in the comments and the author seems to speak very good English: http://buyandtell.net/teyes-s-pro-2gb-ram-32gb-rom-for-renault-megane-2/

I really like the unit and based on that review it's really powerful for the price, but I do not want to spend 250 Euro on Aliexpress before I know for certain if HeadUnit reloaded will work on it or not :(

I read the review, a real deal-breaker is the fact that the there is no micro SD card slot and no connection for an external mic, also the fan on the back of the head unit would be a bit loud, but that's not real a problem. If Teyes want me to buy the head unit, they have to offer a micro sd card slot and a connection for a external mic in the hu. So i will wait for the CC3 and hope it will offer the things i miss in the CC2.

pLx_

Feb 20, 2016
I see your point, fair enough!

My opinion about your points:
- Mic: the internal one seems to get the job done, but I get that you might want a higher quality one
- Fan: he says you can only hear it when the car is off, not a deal-breaker for me but indeed a bit annoying.
- MicroSD: why not just use a usb stick instead? Just spitballing here, but maybe a usb to MicroSD adaptor would work too?

Flemischguy

Dec 15, 2014
Antwerp
It's annoying and means that i always have to disconnect one of this 3 dongles
1 : DAB+ usb dongle.
2 : TPMS usb dongle.
3 : Android auto usb dongle.
Than is such micro sd slot more than welcome

pLx_

Feb 20, 2016

I see! If the unit was confirmed to work with HeadUnit Reloaded, then the port for AA wouldn't be needed as it can connect wirelessy, but we don't get to know so... :/

Reactions: Flemischguy

sesser

Aug 19, 2005
cracow
I read the review, a real deal-breaker is the fact that the there is no micro SD card slot and no connection for an external mic, also the fan on the back of the head unit would be a bit loud, but that's not real a problem. If Teyes want me to buy the head unit, they have to offer a micro sd card slot and a connection for a external mic in the hu. So i will wait for the CC3 and hope it will offer the things i miss in the CC2.

Hi, i just bought CC2 unit (4/64) 10.1" 2 weeks ago, i can anwser couple of questions here. I have already used and installed about 20 head unit so for, and this one is really good.
Its got a sleep mode (3 days), you don't have to wait everytime to until it boots. IPS screen is good quality, acctually the same as any other IPS 10.1 :) . Build in microphone is acceptable quality, but the BT unit itself i much better then most units, audio quality for calls is really good for this kind of units.

What do you need microSD slot for ?! You can always use msd adapeter in usb slot. There is external microphone in CC2L unit, but this one is low on specs. Regardning the fan on the back it is very good there it is there,
i was thinking about adding a bigger one for hotter days. I've didn;t have a change to hear it yet.

I can test this HU relaoaded app --> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gb.xxy.hr <-- is it this one ?

pLx_

Feb 20, 2016
Hi, i just bought CC2 unit (4/64) 10.1" 2 weeks ago, i can anwser couple of questions here. I have already used and installed about 20 head unit so for, and this one is really good.
Its got a sleep mode (3 days), you don't have to wait everytime to until it boots. IPS screen is good quality, acctually the same as any other IPS 10.1 :) . Build in microphone is acceptable quality, but the BT unit itself i much better then most units, audio quality for calls is really good for this kind of units.

What do you need microSD slot for ?! You can always use msd adapeter in usb slot. There is external microphone in CC2L unit, but this one is low on specs. Regardning the fan on the back it is very good there it is there,
i was thinking about adding a bigger one for hotter days. I've didn;t have a change to hear it yet.

I can test this HU relaoaded app --> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gb.xxy.hr <-- is it this one ?

Legend! Finally some feedback on this very promising unit :) That's indeed the app I was talking about! It's about 5 Euro, but you can ask for a refund if you don't need it. Hell I can pay that for you in order to get some feedback on whether it works or not :)

BadgerP

Jun 27, 2020
Hey everyone! Hope I'm not making any mistakes here, I'm very new to this section and to the AA world, so apologies in advance if this is the wrong section!

I've set my eyes on this HU: They have a lot of sales but for some reason, I find very little on Google about these units.

Does anybody here have one and know if it supports HeadUnit Reloaded please?

Thanks a lot!

I got a Teyes Spro and Headunit Reloaded works perfectly. In wireless mode it starts the hotspot and can trigger the phone to open the app and connect wirelessly.
Actually, I don't use it all the time because i got a sim card for its own connection and sync my apps so that native apps work great.

pLx_

Feb 20, 2016
Wow this is amazing news, thank you so much for letting everyone know! Guess I'm gonna get one very soon :)

Marek3_3

Apr 26, 2011
I got a Teyes Spro and Headunit Reloaded works perfectly. In wireless mode it starts the hotspot and can trigger the phone to open the app and connect wirelessly.
Actually, I don't use it all the time because i got a sim card for its own connection and sync my apps so that native apps work great.

Hi! Is it working directly connected to USB or wirelessly or do you need that AndroidAuto reduction for USB? Thank you for the answer.

pLx_

Feb 20, 2016
Hi! Is it working directly connected to USB or wirelessly or do you need that AndroidAuto reduction for USB? Thank you for the answer.

Not the person you asked to, but I'm pretty confident HU Reloaded works with both usb and WiFi, you won't need any adapter regardless of the head unit, that's the beauty of Headunit Reloaded.

Flemischguy

Dec 15, 2014
Antwerp
Wow this is amazing news, thank you so much for letting everyone know! Guess I'm gonna get one very soon :)

Did you bought your Teyes CC2?
My hesitation to not to buy the next Teyes disappears, now that i know that there is a CC3 on his way.
I read on the Russian 4PDA that it will have 4/6 and 8 gb memory and 128 gb storage.
That's a lot of space, with 128 gb of storage, there is place enough for all my music and apps combined.
Also Android Auto and Car play is build in.
It's still pitty they use only 3 usb ports while the internal hub can handle 4 usb ports, 1 for the TPMS, 2 for the DAB+ dongle, 3 For my Resler usb stick (to read al my BMW data), and if i want to buy a dash cam from Teyes it self, i have a usb port to short.
But all by all it looks good.

Last edited:

pLx_

Feb 20, 2016
Did you bought your Teyes CC2?
My hesitation to not to buy the next Teyes disappears, now that i know that there is a CC3 on his way.
I read on the Russian 4PDA that it will have 4/6 and 8 gb memory and 128 gb storage.
That's a lot of space, with 128 gb of storage, there is place enough for all my music and apps combined.
Also Android Auto and Car play is build in.
It's still pitty they use only 3 usb ports while the internal hub can handle 4 usb ports, 1 for the TPMS, 2 for the DAB+ dongle, 3 For my Resler usb stick (to read al my BMW data), and if i want to buy a dash cam from Teyes it self, i have a usb port to short.
But all by all it looks good.

Ooh I had no idea a CC3 was in the works, thanks for posting!

To be honest I'm fine with the specs of the cc2 as it's likely gonna be cheaper too compared to the new one.

But let's see! To answer your question, I was really close to buying it, but then the corona **** storm hit us, and I see no reason to buy it at the moment considering I'm working from home and using the car once a week to buy groceries :/

Flemischguy

Dec 15, 2014
Antwerp
Im currently looking at the Tpro.

Do you think it would be worth waiting out to see if they refresh the specs etc?

I do think so.
A 12 nm UIS7862 big.LITTLE with 2 A75 and 6 A55 cores cpu, 6 gb memory, 128 gb of storage, 9 inch IPS+2.5D screen, build in DSP 32 band equalizer, 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi, built in AA and Carplay (not wireless), Full hd rear view camera, build in 4G internet connection and Android 10.

Naouras

Oct 16, 2020
It's good

I took the risk and bought it, it's a good unit I just hope they will make full frame for it instead of the panel.
I was surprised how fast it is, I got the 4GB ram, 64GB memory, 8 core 1.8 GHz and 4G Sim slot.
It starts instantly, sleep mode 3 days, without sleep mode runs under 20 seconds.
Multi screen interface, everything runs smoothly

I posted a video on youtube you search it ( Grand cherokee TEYES CC2)
And sorry for my English

Last edited:

r.onic

May 25, 2020
Just for info: CC2plus is already available. with optional 128Gb. Is also shall have the new UIS7862 CPU.
CRV
Sometimes shown as option on CC2 product page.

CC3 is actually still "in progress" and has "follow our updates" status.
And unfortunately there is NO confirmation that it would be possible to upgrade CC2plus to CC3 with SW update.
overpriced info lot

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bought the radio for a German Mercedes Benz C204 from 2009 (C180).

Product got stuck in the customs, very possible because of the big (and good) package. Cost extra money for the customs, but my problem.

The radio itself: Hardware looks OK, Cables are good, easy to install.

CAN-BUS-Decoder: in the first trials it did not receive any of the signals of the car. I wrote a message to Teyes and they responded the next day via WhatsApp. I was then sitting in the car, doing what I was told to. The guy sent me new config files to implement. The guy had obviously a lot of time, we were working on two days several hours. Again, thanks to the serve guy. During this process the radio got working in parts. It now can receive the contact from the steering wheel, so it is possible to adjust volume from steering wheel. But: No reception from all other sensors!!!!! No Jog Dial (the knob you can turn and prss in the middle console), no reverse shift, no door opening, nothing! The service guy offered me to send an new CAN-Decoder from china. Therfore I had to pay 1$ for shipping. The new Decoder arrived, it’s the same as the first one, and it does the same. So, no change in reception of the other sensors. Very bad!! I don’t use the rear camera, but it certainly would not work, as it doesn’t know when the revers shift would be in.

GPS reception: Also not good. It is working, sometimes takes several minutes to find satellites. I used GPS Test from App store to check. Only a few satellites in comparison with my Xiaomi Poco X3.

Radio reception: on FM extremely bad. I thought I had used the wrong Cable from the car (car has 3 Antennas). I checked, but other connectors wouldn’t fit. So I bought a external Antenna. Reception still is very bad. Seems the radio does not have a AGC to adjust the signal (or I don’t know how to switch that on). Also the th radio does not switch frequency when you leave the transmitting area an approach the next one. I don’t know if this isn’t standard in other countries, but in Germany all radios go to the next frequency while driving to the next transmitting area. So all in all the radio is not usable at all.

WiFi: Worse as well!!! If you put on a hotspot with your mobile inside the car, it is OK. But I have a hotspot about 4 meters away from the place the car is parked. You get almost no reception!!

OS and CPU: For me the gui of the radio is not very nice. Half of the screen is used to show a picture of a car with the driven speed if the GPS has reception. Waste of space on the display. For starting google maps it takes several seconds, very slow compared to any modern mobile phone.

Summerize: Don’t waste your money buying this radio!!!!! I buy a lot of stuff from china, but this radio was the biggest disappointment I had with things from china!

I see! If the unit was confirmed to work with HeadUnit Reloaded, then the port for AA wouldn't be needed as it can connect wirelessy, but we don't get to know so... :/
    Bought the radio for a German Mercedes Benz C204 from 2009 (C180).

Product got stuck in the customs, very possible because of the big (and good) package. Cost extra money for the customs, but my problem.

The radio itself: Hardware looks OK, Cables are good, easy to install.

CAN-BUS-Decoder: in the first trials it did not receive any of the signals of the car. I wrote a message to Teyes and they responded the next day via WhatsApp. I was then sitting in the car, doing what I was told to. The guy sent me new config files to implement. The guy had obviously a lot of time, we were working on two days several hours. Again, thanks to the serve guy. During this process the radio got working in parts. It now can receive the contact from the steering wheel, so it is possible to adjust volume from steering wheel. But: No reception from all other sensors!!!!! No Jog Dial (the knob you can turn and prss in the middle console), no reverse shift, no door opening, nothing! The service guy offered me to send an new CAN-Decoder from china. Therfore I had to pay 1$ for shipping. The new Decoder arrived, it’s the same as the first one, and it does the same. So, no change in reception of the other sensors. Very bad!! I don’t use the rear camera, but it certainly would not work, as it doesn’t know when the revers shift would be in.

GPS reception: Also not good. It is working, sometimes takes several minutes to find satellites. I used GPS Test from App store to check. Only a few satellites in comparison with my Xiaomi Poco X3.

Radio reception: on FM extremely bad. I thought I had used the wrong Cable from the car (car has 3 Antennas). I checked, but other connectors wouldn’t fit. So I bought a external Antenna. Reception still is very bad. Seems the radio does not have a AGC to adjust the signal (or I don’t know how to switch that on). Also the th radio does not switch frequency when you leave the transmitting area an approach the next one. I don’t know if this isn’t standard in other countries, but in Germany all radios go to the next frequency while driving to the next transmitting area. So all in all the radio is not usable at all.

WiFi: Worse as well!!! If you put on a hotspot with your mobile inside the car, it is OK. But I have a hotspot about 4 meters away from the place the car is parked. You get almost no reception!!

OS and CPU: For me the gui of the radio is not very nice. Half of the screen is used to show a picture of a car with the driven speed if the GPS has reception. Waste of space on the display. For starting google maps it takes several seconds, very slow compared to any modern mobile phone.

Summerize: Don’t waste your money buying this radio!!!!! I buy a lot of stuff from china, but this radio was the biggest disappointment I had with things from china!
    Thank you so much for your insightful review!

Due to covid I'm not using my car to commute at the moment, so I still haven't bought it, and your reply clears any doubts I might have had :)

I'm sorry for your bad experience!