• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Teyes cc3 or navifly?

Search This thread

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
Yup I completely understand that and of course, I’ll be patient in finding the answer.

Yes, to me the dash does look symmetrical. But I’m saying that, Navifly had a clear response saying it won’t fit. They even supplied a screen shot. See image attached.

In saying that, I did find a video online of a “Chinese” android unit being installed in a RHD and the fascia looks exactly the same.

I think the other reason I’d prefer the Teyes CC3 is not just the fascia issue but because I much prefer the UI design and features. I know I could use a launcher but I actually really like the Teyes design.

I’m currently asking Teyes some presale questions in their Teyes Australia post.
Post in thread 'TEYES Australia'
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/teyes-australia.4240385/post-84722455
I'm not trying to sell you anything and particulary not trying to sell you a particular unit. I am attempting to assist you.

If you have a particular choice in software, that is great. I am trying to remove the issue of the fascia.

You said you understood but then again referred to the response from Navifly stating it wouldn't fit.

Use logic. If something is symmetrical how can it not fit? Occam's razor tells us that maybe Navifly respond generically with the response they did when people ask the question you did.

Please don't take this as rude because it is not meant to be in any way. But if you are not seeing the logic I am attempting to express to you, then I feel you really will struggle in trying to make a head unit like this work. I suggest you don't buy one and go for a name brand Sony, Kenwood or whatever.

simonsxda

Dec 3, 2013
I'm not trying to sell you anything and particulary not trying to sell you a particular unit. I am attempting to assist you.

If you have a particular choice in software, that is great. I am trying to remove the issue of the fascia.

You said you understood but then again referred to the response from Navifly stating it wouldn't fit.

Use logic. If something is symmetrical how can it not fit? Occam's razor tells us that maybe Navifly respond generically with the response they did when people ask the question you did.

Please don't take this as rude because it is not meant to be in any way. But if you are not seeing the logic I am attempting to express to you, then I feel you really will struggle in trying to make a head unit like this work. I suggest you don't buy one and go for a name brand Sony, Kenwood or whatever.
I do see the logic, I probably should have said that in my last post. I’m pretty sure the Navifly would fit given the dash looks symmetrical and especially since the video attached looks exactly the same for RHD.

it’s now just boiling down to software.

Thanks.

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
Made a quick video showing Android Assistant working and boot time etc.

https://youtu.be/c5YUJ-yKelg
Thanks for sharing this video. I want to upgrade my painfully slow 1/16gb unit with the navifly 128/6gb qled.
I'm REALLY looking forward to the speed + 3 x USB, optical audio output, internal storage for my flac files and a better screen :)
I would also like to make calls using voice commands.
Did you purchase navifly's voice software or did you manage to get calls by voice working without navifly's voice software?
I don't mind paying 10$ for the voice software but would prefer to use google assistant if that is possible....

COASTER19

Aug 27, 2019
Quick update - my unit arrived and it's crazy fast. Everything I had hoped the PX6 would be despite not having a fan or even heatsink beyond the shielding. The screen looks great and sleep mode/backup camera works as expected. Unfortunately the seller didn't include the correct cables for my Audi A3 with Bose (My PX6 didn't either), so I have yet to test anything with sound/bluetooth. There is a bigger problem though - SWC programming isn't working. Amazingly the CANbus displays the current radio station/NAVI on the stock Audi HUD, but every other CAN function isn't working (SWC, open doors, radar sensors, dimming based on headlights, climate controls, etc).

I tried attaching my PX6 CANbus adapter instead, and after changing the factory setting appropriately it could dim the display + use HUD. Not working: Steering wheel controls, open doors, climate controls, and radar. Has anyone encountered a similar issue? On my PX6 I had to change the setting "Steering wheel keys assignment" to "Can Key" for them to work. I don't think this is a hardware issue since the HUD and dimming work with my older can module.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
I'm not sure about the full extent of the crippling of assistant, but I can click on the mic button in Google maps or Waze and say "go to....." And maps starts a trip.
I can also add a stop and things like that . I have no need for anything else much.

Voice phone dialing was handled with app from app store.

What else do you use it for? I can try it
Sorry for this late reply. I thought I had already replied on this one. (I had at least typed it but obviously not sent it).

When inside Google Maps, or clicking the microphone in the google shortcut or widgets, it works.
What I mean is that T'eyes completely blocked the "Hey Google" or "OK Google" overall in the unit. It is not possible to just say "OK Google", "Navigate to ...".
You first have to undo the T'eyes voice activation, then enable Google Assistant, then download the latest version from the Play Store (as it was disabled).
And on the next reboot everything is again undone.
Next to that: T'eyes only supports 6 languages, instead of the 44+ languages of the Google assistant.
Also: The number of phrases that GA "understands" is 10x higher than the T'eyes voice commands (my guess. Could be lower or (much) higher).
Being a Dutch user, I prefer Dutch as the rest of my unit is also in Dutch (requirement of my wife). T'eyes does not support that.

Does NaviFly do that differently? Does NaviFly not block GA for the "OK Google" functionality from home screen?

Reactions: marchnz

COASTER19

Aug 27, 2019
Sorry for this late reply. I thought I had already replied on this one. (I had at least typed it but obviously not sent it).

When inside Google Maps, or clicking the microphone in the google shortcut or widgets, it works.
What I mean is that T'eyes completely blocked the "Hey Google" or "OK Google" overall in the unit. It is not possible to just say "OK Google", "Navigate to ...".
You first have to undo the T'eyes voice activation, then enable Google Assistant, then download the latest version from the Play Store (as it was disabled).
And on the next reboot everything is again undone.
Next to that: T'eyes only supports 6 languages, instead of the 44+ languages of the Google assistant.
Also: The number of phrases that GA "understands" is 10x higher than the T'eyes voice commands (my guess. Could be lower or (much) higher).
Being a Dutch user, I prefer Dutch as the rest of my unit is also in Dutch (requirement of my wife). T'eyes does not support that.

Does NaviFly do that differently? Does NaviFly not block GA for the "OK Google" functionality from home screen?
I tried on my NaviFly and could not make it work through voice activation at all. It was hilariously bad at basic things too. "Open Spotify" or "Open Youtube" opens them on my TV, why on earth would that the default behavior? Being forced to say "Open Spotify on this device" every time is incredibly redundant and this is not the behavior on ANY of my other android devices. A lot of the settings menus are hidden but I think they could probably be accessed through one of the many 3rd party hidden settings apps to maybe make voice activation work, but it's no guarantee and definitely not going to be straightforward. I prefer to assign it to a SWC key instead anyway though, so if you can get the steering wheel keys working (unlike me) then this is a non-issue.

NaviFly definitely hasn't given the impression that they know what they're doing, clearly just a reseller of these FYT units. I don't have the same canbus selection modes they have on theirs used for support, including the one needed for my car. The harness included was 100% wrong for any model of Audi A3 2008-2012, all require an powered antenna adapter but one was not included with this (I have 2 already luckily). The audio configuration will not work for the rear speakers on any Audi A3 configuration, and if you have Bose no audio will work whatsoever. They should have shipped it with the non-Bose configuration by default so it at least worked for most people. The proprietary Bose configuration is impractical for them to support in my opinion as it requires a level shifter and ground loop isolator to work without static. Those of us with Bose know this and can modify accordingly. But they didn't even do that.

Basically NaviFly and T'eyes absolutely have differences, and that's why T'eyes is more expensive. I don't mind doing a bit of DIY to get my audio and steering wheel controls working, but out of the box I would be very disappointed if this were my first android radio. It's incredibly fast feeling though, apps load instantly and the screen looks great. I look forward to seeing what the community comes up with to improve the software on this device, it definitely feels like its in a different class than my PX6.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I did stop the the NaviFly voice assistant from running on boot, but couldn't disable the app at a system level (it displays 2 annoying robot and info button bubbles on the screen at ALL TIMES when enabled). A proper account level disable could likely be done over wireless ADB but I'm not going to mess with too much more until I can get SWC working on the stock configuration.

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
I can confirm that when I first installed the unit, I tried the "OK Google" and it was accepting it. I didn't explore it much and recall that when I stated "OK Google, call blablbla" it returned that it is not know how to do that (make a call). I made a post about that earlier in this thread or a similar thread at the time of trying it. I do recall it let me go through the voice learning.

That was actually the first time I had ever used the OK Google option and as I prefer not to have something listening in constantly, I then proceeded to disable the OK Google option.

I actually don't recall how I deactivated it, but if I think of it I will have another look and take a video if I use the OK Google function again.

EDIT: I will also check whether Google Assistant was auto downloaded or not before I did the test. I will try to understand if the unit worked with the download of GA and then stopped after a reboot as you mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
I tried on my NaviFly and could not make it work through voice activation at all. It was hilariously bad at basic things too. "Open Spotify" or "Open Youtube" opens them on my TV, why on earth would that the default behavior? Being forced to say "Open Spotify on this device" every time is incredibly redundant and this is not the behavior on ANY of my other android devices. A lot of the settings menus are hidden but I think they could probably be accessed through one of the many 3rd party hidden settings apps to maybe make voice activation work, but it's no guarantee and definitely not going to be straightforward. I prefer to assign it to a SWC key instead anyway though, so if you can get the steering wheel keys working (unlike me) then this is a non-issue.

NaviFly definitely hasn't given the impression that they know what they're doing, clearly just a reseller of these FYT units. I don't have the same canbus selection modes they have on theirs used for support, including the one needed for my car. The harness included was 100% wrong for any model of Audi A3 2008-2012, all require an powered antenna adapter but one was not included with this (I have 2 already luckily). The audio configuration will not work for the rear speakers on any Audi A3 configuration, and if you have Bose no audio will work whatsoever. They should have shipped it with the non-Bose configuration by default so it at least worked for most people. The proprietary Bose configuration is impractical for them to support in my opinion as it requires a level shifter and ground loop isolator to work without static. Those of us with Bose know this and can modify accordingly. But they didn't even do that.

Basically NaviFly and T'eyes absolutely have differences, and that's why T'eyes is more expensive. I don't mind doing a bit of DIY to get my audio and steering wheel controls working, but out of the box I would be very disappointed if this were my first android radio. It's incredibly fast feeling though, apps load instantly and the screen looks great. I look forward to seeing what the community comes up with to improve the software on this device, it definitely feels like its in a different class than my PX6.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I did stop the the NaviFly voice assistant from running on boot, but couldn't disable the app at a system level (it displays 2 annoying robot and info button bubbles on the screen at ALL TIMES when enabled). A proper account level disable could likely be done over wireless ADB but I'm not going to mess with too much more until I can get SWC working on the stock configuration.
I'm suprised that you were expecting Navifly to be in the same sort of support level as Teyes. I am yet to find anywhere on the web that claims such but I have found plenty of reports, mine included in this very thread, that it is WYGIWYS style of unit.

Also in this thread I explained already how to get rid of the floating robot and the info button. The iphone type home button is removed via settings.

In another post I highlighted my installation in a car that contained a factory amp and have a brief overview of my planning process before I received the unit and then my troubleshooting after I installed the unit.

Maybe you might like to do a little research to save your time and frustration. With a little reading you might have chosen the unit more immediately suitable for your personal needs.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
I can confirm that when I first installed the unit, I tried the "OK Google" and it was accepting it. I didn't explore it much and recall that when I stated "OK Google, call blablbla" it returned that it is not know how to do that (make a call). I made a post about that earlier in this thread or a similar thread at the time of trying it. I do recall it let me go through the voice learning.
The older ROMs of T'eyes just came with Google Assistant, and then somewhere in early autumn last year (or so?) they introduced the T'eyes voice assistant in their firmware. At the same time disabling the android ROM installed GA.
I installed such a new CC2 firmware on my Joying sc9853i, tweaking a few things. At that time I did not know it would disable GA, but found out almost immediately.
I decompiled the T'eyes apks at that time. Two of the 3 TXZ*.apks are responsible" for that, but I can't remember which ones. I removed them to enable GA again, but these two aps are integrated with the main server apk, so by doing this I had G back but crippled the T'eyes software also.
So I reflashed my Joying again with the Joying firmware.
When checking the differences between the CC2 and CC3 firmware (or NaviFly for that matter): they are identical on this voice functionality and on 99% of the functionality. Of course the Android system level is different as we are talking about different CPU architectures, but the java "top layer" is identical (which is logical as that's the strong point of java: it is cross-platform).

strakell

Jan 30, 2014
I think the software was TZX or TYZ or similar. It was only three letters.

The dodgy robot and "i" button seem to be associated to that software. It might be the Navifly voice activation or similar. Turn off the permissions for that software to allow overlays and those things disappear.
I have installed the navifly 7862 and I want to get rid of that 3 annoying things on the screen I managed to find that 3 letter app it's TXZ actually but I can't get it off no matter what I do I disable the app nothing I close the notification nothing I close permission nothing..what am I doing around??
And something else I don't want soft start is there any options to close completely when I locked the car because now when I started there is no boot logo it starts where I left it?
Thanks for your time!

windtalker85

Apr 3, 2021
I'm suprised that you were expecting Navifly to be in the same sort of support level as Teyes. I am yet to find anywhere on the web that claims such but I have found plenty of reports, mine included in this very thread, that it is WYGIWYS style of unit.

Also in this thread I explained already how to get rid of the floating robot and the info button. The iphone type home button is removed via settings.

In another post I highlighted my installation in a car that contained a factory amp and have a brief overview of my planning process before I received the unit and then my troubleshooting after I installed the unit.

Maybe you might like to do a little research to save your time and frustration. With a little reading you might have chosen the unit more immediately suitable for your personal needs.I

I am new to the andtoid radio, read alot of commente and did my search, it seems Teyes is a good fit, but would like to get your recommendation, I have 2017 Nissan Rogue/Xtrail, from your prospective which radio would be a good start?

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
I have installed the navifly 7862 and I want to get rid of that 3 annoying things on the screen I managed to find that 3 letter app it's TXZ actually but I can't get it off no matter what I do I disable the app nothing I close the notification nothing I close permission nothing..what am I doing around??
And something else I don't want soft start is there any options to close completely when I locked the car because now when I started there is no boot logo it starts where I left it?
Thanks for your time!
You need to remove the permissions that allow the apk / app to draw over other apps.

Reactions: strakell

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
I am new to the andtoid radio, read alot of commente and did my search, it seems Teyes is a good fit, but would like to get your recommendation, I have 2017 Nissan Rogue/Xtrail, from your prospective which radio would be a good start?
I'm not a good person to ask. This is my first Android head unit. I have never used any other so you best ask others for advice. But if you went with Navifly, it might be best if you are happy to problem solve and find solutions yourself because they don't seem to have much customer support.

Reactions: windtalker85

windtalker85

Apr 3, 2021
I really don't have any complaints. I have the 4GB / 64GB 1280x720 unit. For the most part it just works and did so out of the box.
  • I have only trialed bluetooth pairing to my Xiaomi Mi 9tPro and to the ODBII unit and both worked first time. Don't know about anything else. Can't seem to push files from my phone to the HU with bluetooth. Only tried a few times and didn't investigate further. I just assumed that the failed send was from the crippled BT stack and accepted it. I just used cloud storage instead.
  • The unit is very responsive and I haven't noticed any lag with apps or the screen.
  • Screen touch is accurate and it didn't need any calibration.
  • Radio app is a bit ordinary looking but it works. Voice nav doesn't work for me with radio on. See a previous post about that.
  • I use MS Launcher and that works great for me. Simple and clean.
  • I use Pulsar music player for MP3 tunes.
  • For Nav, I use Google Maps, Waze and also have Zenauto installed and use that for voice dialing. I still haven't decided if I want to use Zenauto as a launcher. The price is steep because it also has its own maps included which I don't want or need.
  • Navifly aren't big on info based on my dealings. There is a basic app that runs through the key points of the major apps, which whilst useful, isn't comprehensive.
  • It took a while to get settings sorted as I wasn't 100% sure of their meanings. There were just a few niggles that I really can't even remember that settings sorted.
  • I auto set up phone hotspot when I detect the HU's bluetooth and it connects everytime to both bluetooth and wifi.
  • Parking my car outside on the road about 30m away from my inside wifi router (one external wall but otherwise reasonable line of site) I get about 50% range on wifi 2.4 ghz. 5ghz at that distance is too patchy and drops out.
  • Wifi antenna is external to the unit and is just a little nub. I didn't think to see if I could unscrew the nub before I installed the unit. It might be possible to unscrew. If so, a new antenna with extension lead could be hooked under the dash for improved wifi.
  • 5ghz and 2.4 ghz wifi from my phone wifi hotspot is solid and fast enough that I haven't bothered with a speedtest.
  • GPS is terrific. Always 18+ satellites and locks on fast. Accuracy about a few metres. Very impressed with it. I set the antenna under the dash behind and centre of the glovebox on my car.
  • Sound quality is a massive improvement over my OEM head unit although I didn't really buy the HU for that purpose. I really just needed good GPS and maps.
  • Screen is very clear and easily readable. Highest settings is just bright enough in the daytime. Auto brightness dim when turning on the headlights is just dull enough. I use a muted coloured wallpaper on the launcher to assist with this.
  • Button colour are adjustable and I think the brightness is, too. Don't quote me on the button brightness, though.
  • Screen gets finger print smudges like you would not believe. I keep a microfibre close handy. You will need one, too. If anyone knows of where to get a good matt screen protector that doesn't drop brightness and is cut to fit these screens, please give me a link.
  • there are 3 usb out via two different connectors from the unit. They either must all run in usb 1 or all in usb 2. No mixing. Change speed in settings. Speed for USB2 seems fine.
  • The unit does get warm as I noticed when I was playing with it during installation but I have not noticed any slow down. I have not had a crash / reboot yet and there is low to mid 30c and high humidity where I am.
  • I have not bothered with adding an external mic yet. Apparently callers on the other end of calls hear me as good as any other handsfree bluetooth car unit.
  • I can be doing 100km/h and click the mic button and tell Google Assistant to add a stop or go somewhere and it hears me so that is suprisingly good. I was expecting to need to add an external mic and bought one and an additional gain adjustment to fine tune it. seems that will just sit on the shelf.
  • I don't use android auto or carplay and haven't even tried. To my way of thinking it actually defeats the purpose of a head unit with Android. If people want the AA interface, why not just run it locally on on the HU? Can anyone give me understanding on why connecting via AA on the phone is a better result?
  • Apparently Carplay is wireless by default. AA by wire default. But there are some ways to get it wireless with an additional piece of software.

I'm going to go to the beach soon, so I will take a short video and upload it if you like. I also have a new USB extension lead that will flush fit into my console so I will need to remove the HU again at some stage, if you need me to look at anything, let me know.

I can't think of anything else right now.
Thank you for the informative post, just to make sure your unit suppprt car play and Auto? Regarding microphone, does the unit uses the factory mic that comes with the car? Does the unit over heat? Does it come with fan? What is your overall experincw, boot speed, rear camera switch speed? Could you share us Unit model and from which seller you bought? THANK YOU!

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
Thank you for the informative post, just to make sure your unit suppprt car play and Auto? Regarding microphone, does the unit uses the factory mic that comes with the car? Does the unit over heat? Does it come with fan? What is your overall experincw, boot speed, rear camera switch speed? Could you share us Unit model and from which seller you bought? THANK YOU!
Hi, I will answer where I can.

- Store = navifly SoulNavi Store on Aliexpress. Unit is UIS 7862 4gb/64gb unit.
- I do not believe the OEM car mic is used by default. There is a built in mic on the unit. There is also a 3.5mm mic in on one of my connections. I have not tried the mic in option as yet.
- As I have mentioned already, the unit gets hot. It has never shut down on me or seemed to have slowed down on me when I was in my summer.
- Might be an internal fan, not sure. I saw no external fan on the unit.
- I have not hooked up rear camera to this unit. My car already has a separate rear camera display.
- I made a video showing the boot speed. I suggest you watch that. What I deem to be fast or slow may very well differ to what you refer to as fast or slow.
- No idead on car play. I don't use Apple. No idea on Android Auto, I have no need for it. That's why I bought an android head unit. But the seller claims both work. Read the fine print.
- I like the unit.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

Last edited:
Reactions: windtalker85

Kero13

Apr 6, 2021
I think the software was TZX or TYZ or similar. It was only three letters.

The dodgy robot and "i" button seem to be associated to that software. It might be the Navifly voice activation or similar. Turn off the permissions for that software to allow overlays and those things disappear.
Thank you very much for this information, the application is indeed called TXZ.
Out of curiosity, how did you determine that it was this one?

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
Thank you very much for this information, the application is indeed called TXZ.
Out of curiosity, how did you determine that it was this one?
Trial and error. I tried all unknown apps one at a time then observed. When I got to TXZ and I turned off drawing permission, the sprites disappeared.

The app might still be running and based on what Surfer mentioned, it might need to be running to make the unit work well. But I can't see the on screen junk any more.

windtalker85

Apr 3, 2021
Hi, I will answer where I can.

- Store = navifly SoulNavi Store on Aliexpress. Unit is UIS 7862 4gb/64gb unit.
- I do not believe the OEM car mic is used by default. There is a built in mic on the unit. There is also a 3.5mm mic in on one of my connections. I have not tried the mic in option as yet.
- As I have mentioned already, the unit gets hot. It has never shut down on me or seemed to have slowed down on me when I was in my summer.
- Might be an internal fan, not sure. I saw no external fan on the unit.
- I have not hooked up rear camera to this unit. My car already has a separate rear camera display.
- I made a video showing the boot speed. I suggest you watch that. What I deem to be fast or slow may very well differ to what you refer to as fast or slow.
- No idead on car play. I don't use Apple. No idea on Android Auto, I have no need for it. That's why I bought an android head unit. But the seller claims both work. Read the fine print.
- I like the unit.

YOU'RE WELCOME!
Thanks, I read in another thread that there is an option to put your unit in sleep mode so when you start your car, the unit instantly turns on, did you try this?

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
Thanks, I read in another thread that there is an option to put your unit in sleep mode so when you start your car, the unit instantly turns on, did you try this?
Yes, I have that set. When I turn off car, I have radio set to sleep 3 seconds after car is turned off and it goes to sleep.

If I have the radio on with ACC and then start the car, the drop in voltage reboots the HU.

If ACC is off and I start the car, the HU wakes up from sleep mode.

windtalker85

Apr 3, 2021
I'm not sure about the full extent of the crippling of assistant, but I can click on the mic button in Google maps or Waze and say "go to....." And maps starts a trip.
I can also add a stop and things like that . I have no need for anything else much.

Voice phone dialing was handled with app from app store.

What else do you use it for? I can try it
What is the name of the app that you use for voice phone dialing?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Made a quick video showing Android Assistant working and boot time etc.

https://youtu.be/c5YUJ-yKelg
    Now, please broaden our knowledge ;)
    It would be nice to know what these restrictions are.
    Well I am making phone calls with Google assistant. Originally when I tried to voice dial, I was getting an error along the lines of "I don't know how to do that yet"

I had never used Google Assistant so I thought nothing of it. However, I later found access to default Android system settings and saw the option for two dialers. I changed the default dialer and then again thought nothing of it. at the same time I removed a few permissions from some software that was adding dodgy overlays on my screen. They were irritating so I wanted them gone.

A few days later I tried assistant to request a destination for Google Maps. It worked, so I then tried a phone call and to my suprise it worked.

I still don't use it much but it was mildly interesting as I had heard that the bigger resellers crippled a dialling and a few other things.

If it is important, I will try to recall exactly what I did. I feel it is permanent as I have had the unit reboot a few times since and I haven't needed to modify any settings.
    How are you finding the Navifly?
    I really don't have any complaints. I have the 4GB / 64GB 1280x720 unit. For the most part it just works and did so out of the box.
    • I have only trialed bluetooth pairing to my Xiaomi Mi 9tPro and to the ODBII unit and both worked first time. Don't know about anything else. Can't seem to push files from my phone to the HU with bluetooth. Only tried a few times and didn't investigate further. I just assumed that the failed send was from the crippled BT stack and accepted it. I just used cloud storage instead.
    • The unit is very responsive and I haven't noticed any lag with apps or the screen.
    • Screen touch is accurate and it didn't need any calibration.
    • Radio app is a bit ordinary looking but it works. Voice nav doesn't work for me with radio on. See a previous post about that.
    • I use MS Launcher and that works great for me. Simple and clean.
    • I use Pulsar music player for MP3 tunes.
    • For Nav, I use Google Maps, Waze and also have Zenauto installed and use that for voice dialing. I still haven't decided if I want to use Zenauto as a launcher. The price is steep because it also has its own maps included which I don't want or need.
    • Navifly aren't big on info based on my dealings. There is a basic app that runs through the key points of the major apps, which whilst useful, isn't comprehensive.
    • It took a while to get settings sorted as I wasn't 100% sure of their meanings. There were just a few niggles that I really can't even remember that settings sorted.
    • I auto set up phone hotspot when I detect the HU's bluetooth and it connects everytime to both bluetooth and wifi.
    • Parking my car outside on the road about 30m away from my inside wifi router (one external wall but otherwise reasonable line of site) I get about 50% range on wifi 2.4 ghz. 5ghz at that distance is too patchy and drops out.
    • Wifi antenna is external to the unit and is just a little nub. I didn't think to see if I could unscrew the nub before I installed the unit. It might be possible to unscrew. If so, a new antenna with extension lead could be hooked under the dash for improved wifi.
    • 5ghz and 2.4 ghz wifi from my phone wifi hotspot is solid and fast enough that I haven't bothered with a speedtest.
    • GPS is terrific. Always 18+ satellites and locks on fast. Accuracy about a few metres. Very impressed with it. I set the antenna under the dash behind and centre of the glovebox on my car.
    • Sound quality is a massive improvement over my OEM head unit although I didn't really buy the HU for that purpose. I really just needed good GPS and maps.
    • Screen is very clear and easily readable. Highest settings is just bright enough in the daytime. Auto brightness dim when turning on the headlights is just dull enough. I use a muted coloured wallpaper on the launcher to assist with this.
    • Button colour are adjustable and I think the brightness is, too. Don't quote me on the button brightness, though.
    • Screen gets finger print smudges like you would not believe. I keep a microfibre close handy. You will need one, too. If anyone knows of where to get a good matt screen protector that doesn't drop brightness and is cut to fit these screens, please give me a link.
    • there are 3 usb out via two different connectors from the unit. They either must all run in usb 1 or all in usb 2. No mixing. Change speed in settings. Speed for USB2 seems fine.
    • The unit does get warm as I noticed when I was playing with it during installation but I have not noticed any slow down. I have not had a crash / reboot yet and there is low to mid 30c and high humidity where I am.
    • I have not bothered with adding an external mic yet. Apparently callers on the other end of calls hear me as good as any other handsfree bluetooth car unit.
    • I can be doing 100km/h and click the mic button and tell Google Assistant to add a stop or go somewhere and it hears me so that is suprisingly good. I was expecting to need to add an external mic and bought one and an additional gain adjustment to fine tune it. seems that will just sit on the shelf.
    • I don't use android auto or carplay and haven't even tried. To my way of thinking it actually defeats the purpose of a head unit with Android. If people want the AA interface, why not just run it locally on on the HU? Can anyone give me understanding on why connecting via AA on the phone is a better result?
    • Apparently Carplay is wireless by default. AA by wire default. But there are some ways to get it wireless with an additional piece of software.

I'm going to go to the beach soon, so I will take a short video and upload it if you like. I also have a new USB extension lead that will flush fit into my console so I will need to remove the HU again at some stage, if you need me to look at anything, let me know.

I can't think of anything else right now.
    is there firmware support from Navifly?
    Does it release updates of fw and mcu and where is possible to find it?
    Do you think it is a reliable radio?

Reliabilty is not the strongest selling point of any of those Chinese units.
    I guess they are more or less basically the same for any manufacturer over the several resellers: FYT as manufacturer in this case.
    I also guess that the "mini"-assembly the resellers do, like TN/IPS/QLED screens can differ, but not so much.

The greatest difference could be in support: service desk, firmwares, broken parts, etc.
    And I really have no clue there about Navifly.
    As I don't have a Navifly I did not look at all for their firmware. And for that matter: Neither for firmware from Kingsbeat, Navifly, Zhan, etc.
    And when it comes to firmware: All FYT compatibles on the same CPU, with/without DSP, in the same aspect ratio* can, with some tweaks, run each others firmware.
    Now with the new models and new firmwares having protection in the apks, coupled to the MCU it gets more difficult.

*: not resolution, but aspect ratio: FYTs screen layouts in the apks are terribly old-fashioned and fixed: 1024x600 / 1280x730 =>16:9; Other layouts like 1280x480 or "Tesla style" really require a different firmware. FYT currently can only accomodate the several resolutions if the screen has the same aspect ratio. That is also one of the reasons the FYT apps themselves do not support split-screen. A feature they so much like to advertize, but doesn't work for their own apps. A few new developed apps do support this finally.
    so..i decided to buy this Navifly CC3 HU on Aliexpress,

Nice, I am very happy with mine. The navifly does not seem to have all restrictions that I am hearing from other units. But it does have some restrictions.

From China to Australia, mine landed on business Day 5 or 6.