• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Teyes cc3 or navifly?

Search This thread

kmem

May 23, 2011
I decided to just buy it and find out for myself, these FYT Navifly units are surprisingly cheap for the power, and worst case I could probably use the QLED screen to upgrade my PX6 display since the form factor is identical (the PX6 motherboard has lots of display connectors despite the coreboard deficiencies).
Did you ever try swapping the screen? Looks like the CC3 and prolly the Navifly use a 30pin LVDS connector - My PX6 unit has 40 and 60 pin connectors iirc.

RJTCPS

May 23, 2021
Well I am making phone calls with Google assistant. Originally when I tried to voice dial, I was getting an error along the lines of "I don't know how to do that yet"

I had never used Google Assistant so I thought nothing of it. However, I later found access to default Android system settings and saw the option for two dialers. I changed the default dialer and then again thought nothing of it. at the same time I removed a few permissions from some software that was adding dodgy overlays on my screen. They were irritating so I wanted them gone.

A few days later I tried assistant to request a destination for Google Maps. It worked, so I then tried a phone call and to my suprise it worked.

I still don't use it much but it was mildly interesting as I had heard that the bigger resellers crippled a dialling and a few other things.

If it is important, I will try to recall exactly what I did. I feel it is permanent as I have had the unit reboot a few times since and I haven't needed to modify any settings.

I have the same model Navifly and it is important "found access to default Android system settings and saw the option for two dialers. I changed the default dialer and then again thought nothing of it. at the same time I removed a few permissions from some software that was adding dodgy overlays on my screen. They were irritating so I wanted them gone." Can you explain how saw the option for two dialers ?? Thanks RJS

CaliBurr

May 14, 2021
Bro my HengCheng seems Identical to the Teyes CC3 but without the gyroscope and second dsp. It does have a 5ghz antenna on the back and looks a little diffferent. They have answered all my messages after purchasing and are being helpful but the firmware and launcher doesn't look as clean. Great unit though, I would recommend to anyone. Im about to connect a system using the SPDIF optical out, just tested it today. Here is a link:

ejacobs

Nov 16, 2007
I have a Teyes CC3 6GB 128Mem installed in a 2020 Nissan Murano. Everything works for the most part. I can't change the SWC from what they set, but it works for vol, next and pick-up phone. Everything else works.

What I really want to do is use iGo as my GPS app and set it to be the default in the Teyes interface. I seem to be limited to Google, Waze and their Yandex. IGo will work, but is not the default, so it can't show on the main screen or respond as the default.

I have heard there is a modification you can make that is posted somewhere on 4pda, but I can't find it in Russian. Does anyone know how to set another app for the GPS, weather it be the modification from 4pda or some other way? It seems Teyes has locked this down.

criszz

Aug 22, 2008
BrasoV
Use this , and report please. Im still waitting for my cc3 to arrive from China. Open app, select igo and You will have it to front launcher like maps , Waze or Yandex. Also should work with any installed app.

Attachments

• FrontApp_base.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 19

ejacobs

Nov 16, 2007
Search in installed app
Got it to work. It seems when I ran the install from the apk you provided the system didn't like it, even though I have it set to allow from unknown sources.

I was able to locate it on Google play - and it worked when installed from there. Thanks so much. Now if we could just get the system to set iGo as the default gps application for when you press the nav icon on the main screen.

Thanks again

COASTER19

Aug 27, 2019
Did you ever try swapping the screen? Looks like the CC3 and prolly the Navifly use a 30pin LVDS connector - My PX6 unit has 40 and 60 pin connectors iirc.
I never ended up trying this. I've been slowly working through the many hardware issues with my Navifly unit and finally have everything. There is unfortunately very little QC on these units. All of the issues listed below in case anyone else runs into them:
  1. One of my CANBUS box wires didn't make continuity. This took me way too long to figure out since with only one wire connected it would still send data to the Audi HUD. This made me think CANBUS communication hardware was fine.
  2. The software needed an update to add Audi vehicles to the canbus box type OD sublist.
  3. The CANBUS box they provided didn't work for dimming the screen when headlights are on, but when using the XP box from my PX6 they dim without issue. I just use the XP box from PX6 now since everything works with it.
  4. The Audi Bose audio required a complete rewiring using a line level converter. As shipped the line level outputs weren't even connected to the Bose amplifier. Normally sellers do that so you get sound, but the audio quality is bad that way. Navifly/Merced didn't even try to wire the Bose audio inputs which makes it incompatible with ~50% of Audi vehicles out of the box. I was going to change it to use line level converters anyway for the sound quality improvement so this wasn't a major problem for me.
  5. The physical mount didn't fit my vehicle. The screen itself is the same form factor as my PX6, so I was able to use that mount instead. It looks nearly identical but the clips are ~1cm too wide to fit.
  6. The Audi radio needs power for the antenna amplifier. The one they shipped is unpowered and physically connects, but will have very poor reception since the antenna amplifier isn't powered. I also just used the adapter provided with my PX6 to fix this issue too.
After all of those issues were fixed everything is working hardware-wise. The sound is very nice and it is very fast. The GPS reception isn't as good as my PX6, but it's much faster in Google Maps which makes it a worthwhile tradeoff. It definitely runs hot, but hasn't lagged yet. I'll probably add a fan sometime before the peak of summer.

Now just to figure out how to reprogram the steering wheel controls (the built in app only works if you have resistive keys, not CANBUS). I also want to change the set of apps scrolled through with the mode button. It's otherwise perfect and exactly what I wanted now that the issues are worked out. Hopefully we'll see a ROM for these FYT units sooner rather than later, the hardware is very nice but it's let down by the software.

Last edited:

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
I had on order a navifly unit on aliexpress Navifly SoulNavi store. Received message not suitable for right hand vehicle is this correct?

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
Redmi K20 Pro
I had on order a navifly unit on aliexpress Navifly SoulNavi store. Received message not suitable for right hand vehicle is this correct?
I don't want to sound rude, but you haven't even bothered to say what car you have? Did you even think about your question before you typed it?

Come on. If you want some help, at least try a little harder.

Reactions: marchnz

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
I don't want to sound rude, but you haven't even bothered to say what car you have? Did you even think about your question before you typed it?

Sorry thought unit would be the same for all right hand drive vehicles. Vehicle is a Aus Toyota prado 150 2016. So covered by 2013 - 2017 version.

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
Sorry thought unit would be the same for all right hand drive vehicles. Vehicle is a Aus Toyota prado 150 2016. So covered by 2013 - 2017 version.
Navifly have agreed to send a unit to me. They have a 15 day return policy so hopefully it will work out OK. The only thing that I can see is that the hazard switch is swapped to the opposite side. I assume canbus module is same for lhs rhs vehicle.
Navifly have been quite responsive to my queries which is a good sign.

WV1

Jun 9, 2021

To say I do not mean to be rude does not excuse from being rude. As you can see I was a new participant so next time be more understanding.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Made a quick video showing Android Assistant working and boot time etc.

https://youtu.be/c5YUJ-yKelg
    Now, please broaden our knowledge ;)
    It would be nice to know what these restrictions are.
    Well I am making phone calls with Google assistant. Originally when I tried to voice dial, I was getting an error along the lines of "I don't know how to do that yet"

I had never used Google Assistant so I thought nothing of it. However, I later found access to default Android system settings and saw the option for two dialers. I changed the default dialer and then again thought nothing of it. at the same time I removed a few permissions from some software that was adding dodgy overlays on my screen. They were irritating so I wanted them gone.

A few days later I tried assistant to request a destination for Google Maps. It worked, so I then tried a phone call and to my suprise it worked.

I still don't use it much but it was mildly interesting as I had heard that the bigger resellers crippled a dialling and a few other things.

If it is important, I will try to recall exactly what I did. I feel it is permanent as I have had the unit reboot a few times since and I haven't needed to modify any settings.
    How are you finding the Navifly?
    I really don't have any complaints. I have the 4GB / 64GB 1280x720 unit. For the most part it just works and did so out of the box.
    • I have only trialed bluetooth pairing to my Xiaomi Mi 9tPro and to the ODBII unit and both worked first time. Don't know about anything else. Can't seem to push files from my phone to the HU with bluetooth. Only tried a few times and didn't investigate further. I just assumed that the failed send was from the crippled BT stack and accepted it. I just used cloud storage instead.
    • The unit is very responsive and I haven't noticed any lag with apps or the screen.
    • Screen touch is accurate and it didn't need any calibration.
    • Radio app is a bit ordinary looking but it works. Voice nav doesn't work for me with radio on. See a previous post about that.
    • I use MS Launcher and that works great for me. Simple and clean.
    • I use Pulsar music player for MP3 tunes.
    • For Nav, I use Google Maps, Waze and also have Zenauto installed and use that for voice dialing. I still haven't decided if I want to use Zenauto as a launcher. The price is steep because it also has its own maps included which I don't want or need.
    • Navifly aren't big on info based on my dealings. There is a basic app that runs through the key points of the major apps, which whilst useful, isn't comprehensive.
    • It took a while to get settings sorted as I wasn't 100% sure of their meanings. There were just a few niggles that I really can't even remember that settings sorted.
    • I auto set up phone hotspot when I detect the HU's bluetooth and it connects everytime to both bluetooth and wifi.
    • Parking my car outside on the road about 30m away from my inside wifi router (one external wall but otherwise reasonable line of site) I get about 50% range on wifi 2.4 ghz. 5ghz at that distance is too patchy and drops out.
    • Wifi antenna is external to the unit and is just a little nub. I didn't think to see if I could unscrew the nub before I installed the unit. It might be possible to unscrew. If so, a new antenna with extension lead could be hooked under the dash for improved wifi.
    • 5ghz and 2.4 ghz wifi from my phone wifi hotspot is solid and fast enough that I haven't bothered with a speedtest.
    • GPS is terrific. Always 18+ satellites and locks on fast. Accuracy about a few metres. Very impressed with it. I set the antenna under the dash behind and centre of the glovebox on my car.
    • Sound quality is a massive improvement over my OEM head unit although I didn't really buy the HU for that purpose. I really just needed good GPS and maps.
    • Screen is very clear and easily readable. Highest settings is just bright enough in the daytime. Auto brightness dim when turning on the headlights is just dull enough. I use a muted coloured wallpaper on the launcher to assist with this.
    • Button colour are adjustable and I think the brightness is, too. Don't quote me on the button brightness, though.
    • Screen gets finger print smudges like you would not believe. I keep a microfibre close handy. You will need one, too. If anyone knows of where to get a good matt screen protector that doesn't drop brightness and is cut to fit these screens, please give me a link.
    • there are 3 usb out via two different connectors from the unit. They either must all run in usb 1 or all in usb 2. No mixing. Change speed in settings. Speed for USB2 seems fine.
    • The unit does get warm as I noticed when I was playing with it during installation but I have not noticed any slow down. I have not had a crash / reboot yet and there is low to mid 30c and high humidity where I am.
    • I have not bothered with adding an external mic yet. Apparently callers on the other end of calls hear me as good as any other handsfree bluetooth car unit.
    • I can be doing 100km/h and click the mic button and tell Google Assistant to add a stop or go somewhere and it hears me so that is suprisingly good. I was expecting to need to add an external mic and bought one and an additional gain adjustment to fine tune it. seems that will just sit on the shelf.
    • I don't use android auto or carplay and haven't even tried. To my way of thinking it actually defeats the purpose of a head unit with Android. If people want the AA interface, why not just run it locally on on the HU? Can anyone give me understanding on why connecting via AA on the phone is a better result?
    • Apparently Carplay is wireless by default. AA by wire default. But there are some ways to get it wireless with an additional piece of software.

I'm going to go to the beach soon, so I will take a short video and upload it if you like. I also have a new USB extension lead that will flush fit into my console so I will need to remove the HU again at some stage, if you need me to look at anything, let me know.

I can't think of anything else right now.
    is there firmware support from Navifly?
    Does it release updates of fw and mcu and where is possible to find it?
    Do you think it is a reliable radio?

Reliabilty is not the strongest selling point of any of those Chinese units.
    I guess they are more or less basically the same for any manufacturer over the several resellers: FYT as manufacturer in this case.
    I also guess that the "mini"-assembly the resellers do, like TN/IPS/QLED screens can differ, but not so much.

The greatest difference could be in support: service desk, firmwares, broken parts, etc.
    And I really have no clue there about Navifly.
    As I don't have a Navifly I did not look at all for their firmware. And for that matter: Neither for firmware from Kingsbeat, Navifly, Zhan, etc.
    And when it comes to firmware: All FYT compatibles on the same CPU, with/without DSP, in the same aspect ratio* can, with some tweaks, run each others firmware.
    Now with the new models and new firmwares having protection in the apks, coupled to the MCU it gets more difficult.

*: not resolution, but aspect ratio: FYTs screen layouts in the apks are terribly old-fashioned and fixed: 1024x600 / 1280x730 =>16:9; Other layouts like 1280x480 or "Tesla style" really require a different firmware. FYT currently can only accomodate the several resolutions if the screen has the same aspect ratio. That is also one of the reasons the FYT apps themselves do not support split-screen. A feature they so much like to advertize, but doesn't work for their own apps. A few new developed apps do support this finally.
    so..i decided to buy this Navifly CC3 HU on Aliexpress,

Nice, I am very happy with mine. The navifly does not seem to have all restrictions that I am hearing from other units. But it does have some restrictions.

From China to Australia, mine landed on business Day 5 or 6.