• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Teyes CC3 Proprietary limitations?

Search This thread

ekolpack

Nov 27, 2021
I'm looking at ordering a Teyes CC3 with a bunch of accessories, but I notice their accessories seem to be priced very high relative to the quality of what you're getting vs. comparable or better non-Teyes branded stuff. Therefor, I'd like to know which of the Teyes accessories MUST be official Teyes branded stuff to work, and which can be any aftermarket option (obviously assuming compatibility with wiring, protocols, etc.)

Another aspect, it seems some of these accessories may physically (or wirelessly) connect and pair/communicate with the HU itself, but not Teyes software. Might it be possible to still use them with third party software installed on the CC3?

1. TPMS Sensors - Must be Teyes period? - Must be Teyes to use Teyes apps but will work with third party apps? - Non-Teyes is fine? (if so, what freq is needed?)

2. Bluetooth OBD2 module - Must be Teyes period? - Must be Teyes to use Teyes apps but will work with third party apps? - Non-Teyes is fine?

3. Front-facing DVR cam - Must be Teyes period? - Must be Teyes to use Teyes apps but will work with third party apps? - Non-Teyes is fine?

4. 360 Surround Camera Kit - Must be Teyes period? - Must be Teyes to use Teyes apps but will work with third party apps? - Non-Teyes is fine?

5. Other stuff I'm not thinking of right now - Must be Teyes period? - Must be Teyes to use Teyes apps but will work with third party apps? - Non-Teyes is fine?

Thanks in advance!

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Yes. Except BT. Knock off BT OBD modules are junk. For the best experience, significantly fastest and reliable connection, use an real OBDLink SX (USB).

Previously posted.

Reactions: ekolpack

ekolpack

Nov 27, 2021
Yes. Except BT. Knock off BT OBD modules are junk. For the best experience, significantly fastest and reliable connection, use an real OBDLink SX (USB).

Previously posted.

THANK YOU! It's been like pulling teeth to get helpful replies here.

Well I'm not stoked about spending $70 (after shipping) for cheapo TPMS and $150 for 4 cheapo surround cams and some 22ga wiring, but I guess it's not the worst thing ever. If this were Apple iTPMS or iCams, you could easily 10x those prices.

Anyhow, THANK YOU again for the help! I think I'll bite the bullet on those two, and order a good ThinkDiag OBD (better than BlueDriver IMHO) and an aftermarket dedicated dash DVR (way more options on Amazon with way more features)....something like a Vantrue N2 or N4 with 2 or even 3 cameras is looking pretty good. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Previously posted.