Question Teyes CC3 reverse camera help!

Search This thread

hawk30

May 31, 2010
Few things to check:

1. Make sure you connected to separate Teyes connector with marking Camera In ( not CVBS in)

2. Try all car plugs to connect to that port mentioned above.

While running the car and when you put in reverse, if Teyes switches to camera - then you have setup CAN box properly.

Thats all I think.

Note, on my car you can watch the reverse camera anytime via menu. No need to put in reverse. On Toyota it might power the camera while running engine only, not sure.

JoRastaf

Oct 11, 2021
Has anyone installed a 6V factory camera to the Teyes screen?
Yes. In my car, the factory fitted reverse camera works on 6v. I used an AEROPRO harness to use the existing reverse camera wiring and connect it to the CC3. The aeropro harness connects to the factory reverse camera cabling (plug and play) and gives you an RCA video output that you feed the CC3. You do however have to make one wire connection for the reverse trigger. Which is easy enough. Aeropro harness has a reverse trigger wire and you connect it to the reverse trigger wire on the CC3 harness

Knyman

Aug 2, 2019
Hey guys
My first post on here so I’m hoping someone can help
Received the Teyes CC3 in the post today for my Astra GTC I’m not sure where to connect the power wire to the back of the radio for the reverse camera
There isn’t any loose wires on the loom for the power and the instructions just say to connect it to G3 ACC which I’ve attached a photo of but it isn’t clear of what to do
Any help would be appreciated
Don’t think you shall connect any power at the unit. Camera gets its power at the back of the car, from revers lights if I remember correctly.

Bob_Sanders

Don’t think you shall connect any power at the unit. Camera gets its power at the back of the car, from revers lights if I remember correctly.
Not necessarily.
If you want the cam to work all the time then you need to connect to a power source which is on all the time. With the cam powered by the reverse light you will only be able to use that cam in reverse and not as a monitor while forward driving (a great many headunits come with the ability to use the reverse cam as a monitor)

Reactions: JoRastaf

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
For people that want to retain their OEM reverse cameras, the vast majority of them are 6V.

Below is an example of reverse camera retention adapter used on a toyota hilux. It will allow a 6V camera to have an AVI output to the teyes system Port F included adapter.

Advantage:
Keep OEM camera

Disadvantage:
1) If OEM camera is low resolution, the image could appear bad on the larger screen.

2) You will not be able to use live view mode without connecting accessory power to a voltage reducer to the camera circuit.
Depending on how the circuitry for your vehicle works, you dont want the car to think your in reverse while you are driving.
The provided harness of the teyes camera has an extra wire in it than standard aftermarket reverse cameras for this purpose, and keeps it independant of the vehicles normal system.

3) Rare but has happened - Toyota Prius 2021 Hybrid for example - OEM reverse camera does plug and play with the CC3 system. However when going from reverse to drive too quick - the reverse mode feed stays on. One must move slower from reverse to drive in order for it to disengage. The issue was resolved by using the teyes aftermarket camera and gaining live view

1640246155020.png
1640246312591.png

Attachments

• 1640246128417.png
    1640246128417.png
    443.9 KB · Views: 205

Bob_Sanders

Disadvantage:
1) If OEM camera is low resolution, the image could appear bad on the larger screen.
Well... to be fair, it should be mentioned that ANY camera using RCA will appear at a lower resolution. RCA only supports standard definition (if I remember correctly, that is a max of 720x480(?) )

Those cams which are advertising "1080P" and then show an rca connection in the pictures... well.... maybe the cam itself is a 1080p cam, but the head unit sure isn't seeing that.

For higher definitions, you need usb or hdmi

Reactions: Neogx and marchnz

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
Well... to be fair, it should be mentioned that ANY camera using RCA will appear at a lower resolution. RCA only supports standard definition (if I remember correctly, that is a max of 720x480(?) )

Those cams which are advertising "1080P" and then show an rca connection in the pictures... well.... maybe the cam itself is a 1080p cam, but the head unit sure isn't seeing that.

Yes I do not disagree with you however some vehicles OEM camera are even lower than your above mentioned resolution and should be taking into consideration.
Some clients that used their OEM cameras were blured/unfocused and sometimes pixelated. After upgrading the picture were clear.

PhiphyL

Nov 9, 2007
Hello, I am digging up this thread because I seem to have done everything properly but the rear view camera does not come up when reversing.

Car is a Honda CR-Z from 2013 (UK), unit is a CC3. I am using the Raise canbus box that came with my Teyes order and it works fine for the steering wheel functions.

I can see the rear camera when I go to "Rec" (so I know that it is powered and works fine), but when going into reverse nothing happens.

I did not connect the yellow wires as per instructions, since I am using a canbus box that works fine.

I tried all the Canbus year options for my car, nothing ever changes.

Any idea?

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
Hello, I am digging up this thread because I seem to have done everything properly but the rear view camera does not come up when reversing.

Car is a Honda CR-Z from 2013 (UK), unit is a CC3. I am using the Raise canbus box that came with my Teyes order and it works fine for the steering wheel functions.

I can see the rear camera when I go to "Rec" (so I know that it is powered and works fine), but when going into reverse nothing happens.

I did not connect the yellow wires as per instructions, since I am using a canbus box that works fine.

I tried all the Canbus year options for my car, nothing ever changes.

Any idea?
PhiphyL
check if you wired the reverse brown wire from the canbus to the G5 reverse detect wire.

PhiphyL

Nov 9, 2007
What voltage is your rear view camera with the oem head unit?
Must be 12V, it's Teyes originals for both rear camera and head unit. The camera works, so I'd be surprised if the problem came from here.
I think the head unit just isn't getting the reverse signal - but it should receive it from the Canbus, as the instructions say.

checksum123

Jan 27, 2012

Some camera are advertised as AHD, which can display higher resolution through RCA. The teyes radio supports AHD.
And AHD is definitely clearer than CVBS signal.

GedUK

Apr 25, 2022
Hey guys
My first post on here so I’m hoping someone can help
Received the Teyes CC3 in the post today for my Astra GTC I’m not sure where to connect the power wire to the back of the radio for the reverse camera
There isn’t any loose wires on the loom for the power and the instructions just say to connect it to G3 ACC which I’ve attached a photo of but it isn’t clear of what to do
Any help would be appreciated
I have a CC2 Plus in a Toyota C-HR 2018 RHD, My OME camera works fine as a reveres camera and is on all the time in the camera App. Is it possible to record that camera eg use as a rear view dash cam, eg the same software as for CC3

here2rock

May 27, 2012
Is the reverse camera suppose automatically trigger when connected with the brown wire on the HU? Mine is not doing for some reason.

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
The reverse camera triggers when 12V or an appropriate voltage is applied to the brown wire.

Kernel009

Sep 22, 2022
Need help with a Wrangler 2020. I don't know if my head unit is a Teyes brand or not but it looks like one so I suspect they are all the same family and just rebrands like so many other things form China.

I bought the actual Teyes camera adapter to use the factory backup camera but I cannot get an image. There is a CANBUS adapter and everything else on the unit works fine for example auto lock/unlock, steering wheel controls, AC control changes pop up on screen, door images on screen when open, etc.

I've connected the ACC, ILL, and CND cables to the lighter via splicers but I get no picture still. I've tried both the CVBS and AHD connectors. The only cable I did not connect is the B+ so am planning to try that next. Wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on what could be wrong?

Kernel009

Sep 22, 2022
Need help with a Wrangler 2020. I don't know if my head unit is a Teyes brand or not but it looks like one so I suspect they are all the same family and just rebrands like so many other things form China.

I bought the actual Teyes camera adapter to use the factory backup camera but I cannot get an image. There is a CANBUS adapter and everything else on the unit works fine for example auto lock/unlock, steering wheel controls, AC control changes pop up on screen, door images on screen when open, etc.

I've connected the ACC, ILL, and CND cables to the lighter via splicers but I get no picture still. I've tried both the CVBS and AHD connectors. The only cable I did not connect is the B+ so am planning to try that next. Wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on what could be wrong?
OK, got it working, but the lines are only static and not active even though the "Active" setting is checked (it won't even let me change it to the non-active setting).

ELAD098

Aug 21, 2019
OnePlus 6T
I want to connect the existing camera that will work in reverse mode and I only have a red and black cable, do I need canbus? or the connector teyes au send here?
ioniq 2018 hybrid

Attachments

• PXL_20220925_132652841 (1).jpg
    PXL_20220925_132652841 (1).jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 112
  • downloadfile.png
    downloadfile.png
    299.1 KB · Views: 113

Stuart089

Sep 28, 2022
Sydney
Hey everyone. First post and been reading though all the chats.
Just installed a Teyes CC3 head unit and Teyes reverse camera.
My issue is I don’t get a reverse picture but it does switch from normal head unit screen to reverse mode (black with the assistance yellow square/lines).

Back of the car
- Starting from the back of the car I attached in the camera.
- attached the yellow to yellow and red to red plugs together.
- so striped back and joined the two red cables together
- found the reverse light power cable, stripped back the protective cover and attached the yellow cable

Head unit
- ran the black cable with yellow top plug and thin yellow and thin red cable to the head unit
- yellow top plug attached into yellow camera feed in
- yellow reverse cable to brown reverse cable
* part Im confused with - red ACC cable (comes out of black camera cable that’s got the yellow top/ same as the yellow cable above) needs to be attached to G3. G3 is also a red cable that’s plugged into the back of the head unit. Follow that Red G3 and it split into 2 red cables. 1 goes to the CANBUS box (little red box they provided) and the other end goes to the connection that connects with the cars cables. I pulled back the cover over the 2 red cables (where they are joined) and added my ACC red.

What have I done wrong 😑

Thank you!
(Pajero NS 08’)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disadvantage:

In summary, the rear camera needs power when you want to use it and the head unit needs a signal (i.e. 12V) to determine when to switch the display to the rear camera.

The diagram shows that:
    • Power is provided to the rear camera whenever there is power on ACC...which means all the time the radio is on:
      • On the head unit side, the red wire is connected to G3, ACC, to send the 12V to the rear.
      • On the rear camera side, the red wire is connected to the red wire from the rear camera so that the camera receives the 12V and is powered.
    • The 12V signal to the rear camera is provided to the head unit when there is power on the backup lights:
      • On the rear camera side, the yellow wire is connected to the backup lights. Whenever you put your car in reverse and the backup lights get power, the 12V from the lights go to the head unit on this yellow wire.
      • On the head unit side, the yellow wire goes to G5 which signals the head unit to display the video from the rear camera
    This is assuming you use the connection wire provided by TEyes that includes the extra yellow and red wires on both ends in addition to the yellow RCA jack that provides the video from the rear camera to the head unit.

Does the above make sense? Note that the diagram shows that the rear camera will always have power. I've seen comments that it's not a good thing to always have your camera powered as it may reduce the life of the camera.

Did your car already have a rear camera or are you adding a camera where none previously existed? If none existed, then you pretty much have to use the wire provided. If your car already had a backup camera, then other issues come up. Also, your car probably already has wiring going from the rear to your old head unit and you could use that.

Remember, this is only advice and you should confirm any of the information given to you. You take full responsibility for anything that you do... :)

FYI, I don't have a CC3. I have an older SPro / CC2 but the wiring for the rear camera is the exact same.
    What year is your car? Does your car already have a rear view camera? If so, does your car have any wiring specifically going from the rear camera to the front / old head unit? Here's a portion of the schematic for my car. It shows specific wiring in the harness to the (old) head unit. I used this to connect to G5 to trigger the new head unit to know to display the video from the rear camera:

1627473906586.png

You should know the wiring schematics for your car. Information is sent through canbus. Different car makes and models provide different information through the canbus. Depending on your car, it may also send the reverse status for your car. My car is a 2012 and the reverse information does not go through canbus. I run my head unit without a canbus module. Not sure if you can override this and have your head unit ignore this information or if you need to.

I'd say to try without connecting that wire and if that doesn't work, then hook it up as needed...unless you know for sure the information that goes through the canbus.

NOTE: My original rear camera built-in rear camera runs at 6.5V so I also had to adjust the voltage to 8.6V or a little over that so that the head unit recognized it. I believe the Android head units need at least that to trigger displaying the video on the screen. Yours may be different so you should verify that. However, if you use a camera your purchased or that was provided by the vendor, it probably runs at 12V so you should not have to make any changes to voltage. Again, you should verify this. I did testing on the kitchen table before installing the head unit. I also did voltage measurements with a multi-meter on the old head unit wiring to verify voltages, etc.

As always, this is only advice and you are responsible for anything you do. If you're not comfortable doing this, have someone else install or wire up the head unit that knows how.
    So, you got the canbus module. Are you sure you need the canbus module? What do you need it for? Usually, the following are some of the functions that canbus can provide for the purposes of a head unit:
    • dynamic parking lines when in rearview on the screen
      • as you don't have a factory rear camera, you don't have dynamic rear parking guides
    • reverse engaged status
      • with no factory rear camera, this status is obtained from backup lamps as described in diagram/instructions
    • I believe some even have video through canbus
      • no factory rear camera so the video comes through the new wire you must install
    • radar from rear sensors
      • do you have these? If so, do you absolutely need them on the head unit?
    • steering wheel control buttons
      • do you have steering wheel control buttons?
      • If you don't have these buttons, you can purchase a separate control with buttons and wiring and connect it directly to your new head unit such as this one:
      • If you do have these buttons, you'll need to find out where the wires for the buttons are or if the steering wheel control information comes through the canbus. If you can't find out about the canbus info but know where the wires are, you can try to connect the wires to the key1/key2 wires on the head unit. If you don't know where the wires are...you can always purchase a separate steering wheel control module as if you did not have any steering wheel controls
    • controlling automatic climate control
      • is yours automatic or manual?
      • this does not normally matter. As long as you can set the climate controls without the need for the head unit, then you can live without having this info go through canbus.
      • my car has an automatic climate control with it's own buttons and settings. it did not go through a screen for any of its settings.
    You should try to get the schematics. Try looking around on through Google. Never know what you can find. The schematics can answer some of the above questions if you don't know.

As your car did not have a factory rear view camera, it most likely means you have to put in the wire from the new rear camera you install to the head unit. If you don't need the canbus, you'll have to wire the yellow wire as described in the instructions. If you need the canbus, then you don't wire the yellow wire as also indicated in the diagram/instructions.
    When I try to connect DMP9 to the car GND, it look seem good.