Hardware Development TEYES CC3

Search This thread

st3v4nt

Nov 6, 2011
Hi, I need to get this for Rush 2022 S, however aliexpress seller says he cannot guarantee successful install since it's right hand steering.
Is this a known issue?
Cause I've seen some malaysian youtuber installed it in their righthand steer car as well.
Hi, yes it will work like any other Chinese made Android Head Unit, most Android Head Unit sold in Indonesia come in left handed version anyway it’s just tell you which side of touch button panel placed in head unit. It will work in your Rush as long as you also have the frame (any Rush/Terios universal android head unit frame will do) otherwise it may not have oem look. I installed my cc3 in Raize and it work most of the time. Beware though you will not have native language support since Teyes did not support Indonesian language (unlike topaz) and keep an eye on the updates (only update when necessary) oh and don’t forget to register the IMEI number if you planned to use the SIM slot, mine still not working even after tryit out for many times.

RauliN11

Aug 9, 2022
Boys, i already installed my CC3 into my Astra H and i got the airbag light on, if i enter with opcom i have 3 errors, IPC, ECU and CIM have no communication with SDM (Airbag module), if i disconect CC3 and i connect original GID the errors goes to not-present and i can clear them.
Someone know how can i solve that? I'm going crazy trying to fix this problem.

thesuffering

Jun 6, 2006
Installed my CC3 today in a 2017 Jeep Cherokee KL (base radio, not Grand Cherokee) Everything works great save for a couple things:
1: HVAC temperature does not change on the display. It says 127* C and does not move. The temp up and down buttons do in fact change the temperature, but I do want the temp to show and move with button presses.
2: Backlight/Dimmer/Illumination. Backlight does not change and does not dim when the headlights come on. It stays full brightness on or off. I have the backlight setting set to small lamp mode (not time based). Any idea what im doing wrong?
3: Date/Time. If it set these manually, they always reset on start up. But if i use the HVAC at that point they will revert to whatever I set them to.

Im going to update the software today. Already reached out to the reseller for support. Hopefully I dont have to go through a warranty exchange. It took nearly a month to get this.

Edit: The illumination wire on the harness runs to the CANBUS decoder. I tested with a multimeter and get no voltage whether or not the headlights are on. My thought is i could splice into a cabin light wire that turns on when i turn on headlights and cut the illumination wire from the CANBUS decoder and just splice the wire from the cabin light to the illumination in wire to the head unit. Before I do this, can anyone confirm if all this wire is looking for is voltage when the headlights are on? I dont want to apply voltage and watch the magic smoke come out.

Last edited:

denywinarto

May 14, 2013
Hi, yes it will work like any other Chinese made Android Head Unit, most Android Head Unit sold in Indonesia come in left handed version anyway it’s just tell you which side of touch button panel placed in head unit. It will work in your Rush as long as you also have the frame (any Rush/Terios universal android head unit frame will do) otherwise it may not have oem look. I installed my cc3 in Raize and it work most of the time. Beware though you will not have native language support since Teyes did not support Indonesian language (unlike topaz) and keep an eye on the updates (only update when necessary) oh and don’t forget to register the IMEI number if you planned to use the SIM slot, mine still not working even after tryit out for many times.
Thanks, i dont mind english sih.
Planning to use android auto so probably not gonna use the simcard.

deadeye920

Apr 30, 2022
Installed my CC3 today in a 2017 Jeep Cherokee KL (base radio, not Grand Cherokee) Everything works great save for a couple things:
1: HVAC temperature does not change on the display. It says 127* C and does not move. The temp up and down buttons do in fact change the temperature, but I do want the temp to show and move with button presses.
2: Backlight/Dimmer/Illumination. Backlight does not change and does not dim when the headlights come on. It stays full brightness on or off. I have the backlight setting set to small lamp mode (not time based). Any idea what im doing wrong?
3: Date/Time. If it set these manually, they always reset on start up. But if i use the HVAC at that point they will revert to whatever I set them to.

Im going to update the software today. Already reached out to the reseller for support. Hopefully I dont have to go through a warranty exchange. It took nearly a month to get this.

Edit: The illumination wire on the harness runs to the CANBUS decoder. I tested with a multimeter and get no voltage whether or not the headlights are on. My thought is i could splice into a cabin light wire that turns on when i turn on headlights and cut the illumination wire from the CANBUS decoder and just splice the wire from the cabin light to the illumination in wire to the head unit. Before I do this, can anyone confirm if all this wire is looking for is voltage when the headlights are on? I dont want to apply voltage and watch the magic smoke come out.
My unit wouldn’t dim when I turned my lights on. But then found that if I turned the dimmer down slightly then it started working. Maybe yours is similar?

Reactions: thesuffering

Ash7612

Aug 2, 2022
I have been playing with the head unit on my hybrid car and I realised that you can get it to show battery charge levels which is pretty amazing. As far as I know this is not advertised anywhere.

You might need the appropriate canbus settings to get it to work and it might not support all models.

deadeye920

Apr 30, 2022
I have been playing with the head unit on my hybrid car and I realised that you can get it to show battery charge levels which is pretty amazing. As far as I know this is not advertised anywhere.

You might need the appropriate canbus settings to get it to work and it might not support all models.
What program did you use to show the battery levels?

thesuffering

Jun 6, 2006
My unit wouldn’t dim when I turned my lights on. But then found that if I turned the dimmer down slightly then it started working. Maybe yours is similar?
What an absolutely goofy fix, but sure as hell that fixed it. As soon as I turned down the dimmer from full brightness to one notch below suddenly it started working.

abefroman

Jan 17, 2008
Is there a way to change which mic (internal or external) the unit uses for phone calls? I'm getting a lot of complaints about call sound quality and have a feeling it is still using the internal mic even though external mic is connected

deadeye920

Apr 30, 2022
Is there a way to change which mic (internal or external) the unit uses for phone calls? I'm getting a lot of complaints about call sound quality and have a feeling it is still using the internal mic even though external mic is connected
No way to change it and you are right the internal microphone is still active even with an external one connected. Either desolder the internal one or cover the pins on the ribbon with tape. If you search there is information about it.

Reactions: abefroman

L22EEW

Mar 13, 2008
Wales
www.facebook.com
I have fitted a CC3 in my car last week. I have also fitted a reverse cam, which I can use as a rear dash cam too (unlocked by Teyes customer support).

I currently have a Mobius Maxi setup as a front facing dash cam. I'm aware of the front DVR dvr dash cam you can purchase for the CC3. On AliExpress you have the;

Teyes X5
Screenshot_20220812_185947.jpg

Or there is a X10 which looks identical; but almost 50% cheaper.
Screenshot_20220812_190101.jpg

My question is has anyone here bought the cheaper DVR cam, for their CC3 unit? Does it work? What's your opinion? Etc.

received_473730624182016.jpeg

Many thanks

Attachments

• received_473730624182016.jpeg
    received_473730624182016.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 10

deadeye920

Apr 30, 2022
I have fitted a CC3 in my car last week. I have also fitted a reverse cam, which I can use as a rear dash cam too (unlocked by Teyes customer support).

I currently have a Mobius Maxi setup as a front facing dash cam. I'm aware of the front DVR dvr dash cam you can purchase for the CC3. On AliExpress you have the;

Teyes X5
View attachment 5684269

Or there is a X10 which looks identical; but almost 50% cheaper.
View attachment 5684271

My question is has anyone here bought the cheaper DVR cam, for their CC3 unit? Does it work? What's your opinion? Etc.

View attachment 5684275

Many thanks
From my understanding only the Teyes branded one will work.

abefroman

Jan 17, 2008
No way to change it and you are right the internal microphone is still active even with an external one connected. Either desolder the internal one or cover the pins on the ribbon with tape. If you search there is information about it.
I desoldered the internal mic and it is a little better. Is there a hidden setting somewhere to adjust microphone gain on the teyes android side?

denywinarto

May 14, 2013
Hi, i have installed teyes,
a couple of issues,
1. Left and right cams seems to be blurry viewing a car, calibration issue?
2. i cannot connect to bluetooth, my phone says its connected to "syu android" but on teyes it keeps saying "connecting"
3. How do i change car model to toyota rush? cant seem to find it

thesuffering

Jun 6, 2006
Has anyone replaced their radio logos?

According to 4PDA:
ROOT is not required. Suitable for both original and modified firmware, as well as the corresponding mods.
At the root of the head unit there is a folder fmbd (you can go through the regular application "Explorer"). It contains, scanned from Chinese servers, the logos of the radio stations of your city and the text file fmbd.txt. This text file contains a list of scanned radio stations with the name of the station, its frequency and the number of the corresponding logo. You can change the name of the station (abbreviate, for example), as well as add new stations that are not available on the Chinese servers. You can replace existing logos with your own by replacing the picture while maintaining the original logo number. Image format - BMP, size - 180x180, transparency is supported. A completely transparent logo won't work, as the nailed radio widget on the CC3's home screen will show through its image by default.
Thus, you can replace the logos and names of stations in any city and country. Reboot is not required, it is enough to completely close the radio application and open it again. If you scan the radio stations again through the cloud, then everything will be restored from the Chinese servers. In this case, it is enough to replace the fmbd folder again. If you need help adding my logos of other cities, then please send me a private message.

I found this folder, it has BMP images, and the fmbd.txt file. The file is empty however, likely because my region found nothing on scan. What is the format of what should be in fmbd.txt so I can modify it myself?

EDIT:
Figured this out -

Go to the File Manager app, there is a folder in there named FMBD. Inside there are image files and a text file named fmbd.txt. Copy fmbd.txt to a thumb drive/sd card. The image files are BMP format, 180x180 resolution with a number 001.bmp for example. If your region could not find any logos, fmbd.txt will likely be empty. Now, to do your custom logos. Create/Download logos from the web and resize to 180x180 and save in .bmp. Save them with an unused number, 001, 002, etc. The number doesnt matter as long as it already isnt used by another logo. In fmbd.txt you can format it the following way:
image_name, city,,radio station name,frequency|

So for example, in Los Angeles 104.3 MyFM could be named as follows (with its logo saved in 001.bmp):
001,Los Angeles,,MYfm 90s to Now,104.30|

Put all the image files and fmbd.txt on your thumb drive and go back to the vehicle. Plug the thumb drive into your vehicle. Go back to File Manager, and into the FMBD folder. Copy the image files and fmbd.txt to the FMBD folder. It will ask you to overwrite fmbd.txt, say yes. Now fully close the radio app (swipe it closed or fully reset the unit) and reopen it. Upon reopening it should automatically match the frequency with the logo and radio station name.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi
    this is basically the same function as the 9 dots icon on the right side and it is correct that it refers to the app page and it has no further meaning. It's not just since the last SW upgrade, but at least since December 21.
    Thanks, so I should be seeing movement on the vision screen from the gyro then, regardless of GPS signal. Before I try a factory reset is there anything else I should check or should it just be working?
    My GPS has failed so i dont get movement or speed showing on that fancy screen where the car is moving anymore. i dont know if that relates to your issue or not
    Thanks, so I should be seeing movement on the vision screen from the gyro then, regardless of GPS signal. Before I try a factory reset is there anything else I should check or should it just be working?
    it should work right from the Start.
    I don’t have any experience other than a 6/128 unit but I would strongly suggest saving until you can afford one. Don’t go for less memory as you will regret it in the long run.
    I’m trying to add bootanimation to my new teyes cc3. I just recently got the unit. And there is a new update that released in October. Can I just add the bootanimation.zip to the new update package and flash it or I have to follow above steps? And is there any chance I can add boot sound to the zip that will work? Thank you!

Original post: #528
    Yes, you can. Simply add the boot animation.zip to the usb stick. Same with the logo.bmp which is the boot logo. Both files can simply be added into the root of the usb-stick and if lsec6315update detects them, it will flash them.
    Only these two files on a usb-stick with lsec6315update will also flash them without further changes to your unit.

I don't know about the boot sound. I never looked at that.
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    Hi. earlier you said taht you dont't recommend buying Teyes for people outside Russia and now, that Teyes focuses on European region. What about other countries from Europe other than Russia? I'm from Poland and I own Ford Focus mk 3 (2011-1015)
    I am in France, and my CC3 gives me complete satisfaction on my Ford Focus 2. I do not see what the restrictions would be due to the development by the Russians
    Check if the OBD has good connection with the car socket. Pull it out and put it in again. Scan for Bluetooth devices and you must find it there. Also check the pins on the OBD adapter and the car socket, to see if there are any bent pins that don't connect properly. Also I think I heard somewhere that it's good to connect the OBD before you start the engine.
    Thank you for the advice. I did all of the above, but unfortunately with the same result as before.
    The CC3 sees the OBD2 adapter in the Bluetooth menu, but after some time attempting to connect I get a "Connected Unsuccessfully" message ( or at least that is what I believe it says, because the message is cut off )
    OBD2.jpg

Also I would like to do a follow up regarding the new firmware. I can confirm that with it the device remains in sleep while the ignition of the car is off, even after 1h and 45min once the ignition was turned on the device woke up instantly. Where as before with the original firmware, after about 5min the device would do a clean / full boot.

And for those looking to get Google assistant working a possible workaround would be to trigger the assistant via one of your steering wheel buttons.
    #1 go to Settings / General
    #2 Set the Google Assistant as the Navi App option
    #3 Go to Settings / Device / Steering Wheel Setting
    #4 Map one of your steering wheel buttons to launch the Navi app.

Now just before anyone get way too excited, this is not a perfect solution.
    While I'm able to do things like opening apps ( YouTube, waze, 360 panorama app ) asking for direction via google maps, playing specific Playlist via Spotify. I discovered that it's not possible to make or receive phone calls via the assistant, and most likely there are other things that I did not test or discovered.
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
    I want wipe dalvik cache.but I dont know how
    unpack this to usb stick and plug into HU usb port, just like usual firmware update. it will clear cache